Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anjani Arora
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anjani AroraYour feedback matters!
My periods are irregular. After sonography done it's showing I have PCOD problem. M planning for a baby. Is coz of PCOD there is a problem for me to conceive?
Hi, I am 19 years old girl my weight is 54.5 my hip is large. So please suggest me to decrease my hip and get prefect structure. Naturally.
Am 33 weeks pregnant and been diagnosed with placenta previa. I have also suffered from bleeding 3 times is last one and half months. Everytime in case of bleeding, I had to admitted for 2 days and recd treatment of pause, duvadilan and sustain injectable. My doctor has advised to take duphaston and duvadilan retard since last 3 months. I have read so many negatives about these medicines on the baby. Pl advise about use of any of these medicines in my case. How long should I continue it?
The activity of delaying or putting off something is known as procrastination. Even the best individuals battle with it consistently. However, some people accomplish something that the majority of us do not- they push past it. They do not permit it to influence their work. They develop brilliant and beneficial techniques to break past mental obstructions and remain productive. Here are a few ways with which you can beat procrastination:
- Try to start: Starting something can be very difficult. However, in case that you can get over that part, you will have some level of energy. Even your brain will probably goad you to continue dealing with the task. This happens because of a mental phenomenon called the Zeigarnik impact. It says that unfinished tasks will probably stay in your memory. This is exactly why planned things and to-do lists consistently appear in your mind until you finish them.
- Separate huge tasks into smaller assignments: Enormous tasks can frighten you, so you put them off. By taking that huge task and separating it into smaller assignments, you can decrease your burden make a start. This could include concentrating on one part of the research to begin with.
- Ask yourself “why?”: It is easier to inspire yourself to accomplish something you value. In case you are attempting to complete something, why not spend a couple of minutes asking yourself precisely why you need to do it and why it is so important to you. Weighing out the positives and negatives of the task and its benefits for you, can make you decide and perform better.
- Attempt to take a break: For those who procrastinate out of having worked too much, it does not mean you have to complete the task at once. This is known as the "sunk cost bias." The "sunk cost bias" influences players, speculators, and even a procrastinator. They feel that the task will need to be completed now and cannot be completed in the future. In some cases, a task simply does not mean you have to work on it more and more after hours.
- Go easy on yourself: To beat procrastination, you should be strict with yourself. However, that is not what science says. In case that you have procrastinated till now, you will probably begin on time going ahead. You need to show yourself some sympathy for your previous laziness instead of thrashing yourself about it.
Self-control is an important quality many successful individuals have. Having self-control permits you to carefully understand why you are procrastinating and can likewise, work towards it. When you understand why you are doing so, it will be easier for you to make a plan to beat it. This will allow you to see the underlying cause of your problem as well.
A number of problems when contracted can affect your life and the life of your partner, especially problems which are related to your physical relationship. Premature ejaculation is one such problem and it refers to the inability to retain the erection until the end of the intercourse and usually happens when the male ends up ejaculating sooner than planned or immediately upon penetration. Premature ejaculation is a condition that many men suffer due to the advancement of age as well as low pelvic strength and other ailments. Also, it can be caused due to stress and panic regarding one's performance. Whatever be the cause, it is an embarrassing situation that calls for help if it persists for too long. Here are a few tips to ensure that you gain better control over premature ejaculation.
- Deep breathing Exercise: Sometimes, too much of excitement can lead to a variety of problems including premature ejaculation. If this becomes a normal occurrence, you can try practicing deep breathing during the act of sex to calm yourself down and slow down the frenzy so that you are more attuned to your surroundings and partner rather than yourself and the panic you may be feeling. Taking deep and slow gulps of air can ensure that you focus on the act rather than getting caught up in the excitement.
- Medications: there are broadly two kinds of medical treatments - local application anaesthetic gels that numb the area around the tip of penis and tablets that prolong ejaculation time. One needs to consult a sexologist, psychiatrist or a urologist to know more about them.
- Stop and Start: This is a method that many sexologists recommend. The stop and start method is one that will have to be practiced individually so that you are able to retain more control over your ejaculation when you are with your partner. Basically, in this method, you are required to start the process of masturbation and stop just short of ejaculation. After doing this several times and on a regular basis, you will find that your brain reacts in the same way when you are having intercourse, which will delay the ejaculation to a normal period.
- Kegel: If you thought that kegel exercises are only for women, then you need to think again. Premature ejaculation also signifies low pelvic strength for many cases and you would do well to invest time in a few exercises like the kegel, which will build up your pelvic strength so that you are able to control premature ejaculation in a better way.
Persistent problems that are not fixed with these methods should be addressed with a consult to a doctor.
Hi my periods are late by 5 day this month. What should I do? I and my boyfriend we had sex during my periods on the 1st day and prior the next day I took i-pill tablet. I am sure I dint get any symptom for pregnancy the day after till today. I am little worried though as to my my periods are late. Please advice me what should I do.
Hi doctor, I am tharani got married since 3 years. No baby yet. Taking treatment from past 1 yr. Irregular periods. Started taking ovacare tablet from last cycle. This month I didn't get my periods still, it's 40 days. Will ovacare tablet helps me to get pregnant or it delays the period. Pls help me.
Here are 7 ways to beat the bloat and eliminate excess fluid from your body
1. Avoid sugar
Most people think of salt in relation to fluid retention. It is true that excess salt in the diet can aggravate fluid retention, but sugar is more likely to cause the fluid retention in the first place. Sugar is a carbohydrate, and all carbohydrates, if consumed in excess can promote fluid retention. This is because sugar promotes your pancreas to release insulin. A consistently high blood level of insulin stimulates your kidneys to retain fluid and sodium. Consuming excess sodium in your diet can aggravate this. If you want to strip your body of excess fluid, base your diet on vegetables, salads, seafood, poultry, eggs and meat (ideally grass fed), along with healthy fats such as olive oil, avocados and coconut oil.
2. Avoid dairy products
Dairy products cause a lot of lymphatic congestion for many people. This is especially so if you have the lymphatic body type. People with this body type are prone to poor circulation and fluid retention, and dairy products aggravate this. It is the protein in dairy products (called casein) that is the culprit. L-body type figure control tablets are specifically formulated with herbs and nutrients that assist the function of the lymphatic system and the circulatory system, to clear excess fluid from the body.
3. Find out if you have any allergies, and then avoid those foods
Food allergies are an extremely common cause of fluid retention. This makes sense because if you ingest a food you are allergic to; your body will consider it toxic and aim to dilute it. Hence your body will hold on to a whole lot of extra fluid. The congestion in your lymphatic system caused by allergies can also make you feel fatigued, depressed and give you a foggy head. It can be difficult to determine food allergies and it’s best to get the help of a healthcare practitioner. However the most common foods to cause allergy or intolerance are wheat, gluten, dairy products, corn, soy, nuts, eggs and artificial additives such as food colors.
4. Assist your lymphatic system to clear toxins and remove excess fluid
You can achieve this by avoiding the foods already mentioned, and by increasing your vegetable intake. All vegetables help to improve lymphatic flow and waste elimination, but some are more effective than others. Fresh herbs such as parsley and cilantro, asparagus and celery are well known for their ability to help clear excess fluid from your body. Some herbs are particularly helpful also; they include uva ursi, juniper berry and buchu leaf. These ingredients are combined in fluid relief tablets and can provide relief from edema.
5. Have your thyroid checked
An underactive thyroid gland is a common cause of fluid retention. It can also cause dry skin, fatigue, low mood, scalp hair loss and weight gain. All extremely common symptoms. The most common cause of an underactive thyroid gland is hashimoto’s thyroiditis. This is an autoimmune disease and is actually the most common autoimmune disease in the world. Mild cases of hypothyroidism often go undiagnosed for some time. If you suffer with the symptoms i’ve mentioned, please see your doctor for a thyroid blood test. You can also learn much more in our book your thyroid problems solved and you can learn about autoimmune problems here. Thyroid health capsules are an ideal way to support your thyroid gland.
6. Strengthen your veins
You need good, strong veins in order to carry blood throughout your body. Veins and lymphatic vessels in the legs are particularly prone to weakness, and that can leave them unable to carry blood up towards the heart. The result is fluid pooling in the ankles and legs. Vitamin c and bioflavonoids are the most important nutrients to strengthen vessels walls. It is very difficult to obtain enough of these nutrients in fresh produce because a lot of fresh produce isn’t actually that fresh – unless you grow it yourself in a vegetable patch at home. If you suffer with fluid on your legs, a vitamin c with rosehips supplement may help.
7. Rule out a liver, kidney or heart problem
In rare instances, congestive heart failure, or portal hypertension can cause an excess of fluid to accumulate in the lower body. If you have significant fluid problems, please see your doctor. The earlier these conditions are diagnosed, usually the better the outcome.
If these suggestions do not help you, please consult your doctor for a thorough evaluation.
Even something as small as an eyeball, has multiple parts within it. The retina at the back of the eyeball is responsible for the clarity of vision. The central area of the retina is known as the macula. Macular degeneration is the deterioration of this part of the retina. Macular degeneration is age related and is considered as an incurable condition. People suffering from macular degeneration experience blurred vision, black spots and may eventually lose central vision while retaining peripheral vision.
There are two types of macular degeneration; wet and dry. The dry form of this disease is more common than its wet form. Of these, the latter causes more serious vision loss. Dry macular degeneration leads to white or yellow deposits on the retina leading to further degeneration. In the wet form of this disease, blood vessels beneath the retina start growing towards the macula and may pull it away from the base when they break or leak fluid.
There are three stages of age related macular degeneration (AMD):
- Early AMD: This is diagnosed by the presence of deposits on the retina. In most cases, ether is no vision loss at this stage but regular check-ups are essential.
- Intermediate AMD: A comprehensive eye exam will show the presence of larger deposits or pigment changes in the retina. At this stage, slight vision loss may be experienced.
- Late AMD: People suffering from late AMD have noticeable vision loss. Though this disease is linked to aging, the exact triggers for macular degeneration are unknown. It is understood to be a combination of hereditary and environmental factors. The presence of certain genes and their variants has been associated with a number of cases of this disease. Studies also show that caucasians are at the highest risk of suffering from this disease. Depriving cells in the retina of oxygen can also increase a person's risk of contracting this disease. Other risk factors for this disease are obesity, smoking, high blood pressure and a light eye colour. The side effects of certain drugs can also induce this condition.
Macular degeneration is considered to be incurable, but certain forms of treatment can improve vision and slow down the rate of deterioration. Treatment prescribed by a doctor depends on stage of the disease and whether it is wet or dry. Studies suggest that a diet rich in Omega-3 fatty acids can prevent AMD and lower the risk of its progression.