Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anjana Sachdeva
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anjana SachdevaYour feedback matters!
My gf has pain in her vagina while she goes to urinals for pee. And she has to go for urinal again and again. Suggest me. What is the reason and what should I do?
Hi I am 29 years married female, want to loose weight currently I m 76 kg nd height is 5 ft 4 inch. Kindly give me solution to my obesity. I hv pcod. Want relif from huge belly n breast sizes.
Hello sir/madam. I had sex with my gf on 14th Nov. I'm worried about her getting pregnant by the act cuz it was an unprotected sex. Is it really safe for her to take an I pill or unwanted 72. She is totally worried about the side effects by the pills. Can you please tell me the real serious impacts of pills. And I'm not sure whether the semen has been out or not during the intercourse. I was not conscious about it. What if there is no semen ejaculated and she takes the pill. Is there any serious problem. Please help me out with this. Kindly read my complete question. Thank you.
(Syn. Periarthritis Shoulder, Adhesive Capsulitis)
Frozen Shoulder Syndrome usually presents as a limitation of shoulder movements associated with pain. It usually presents around the age of 40 years equally affecting males and females. Diabetic and obese people are more prone to it. Bilateral frozen Shoulder is almost always found in Diabetics. It usually starts with minor trauma, often ignored by the patient. The patient often claims it to have insidious, spontaneous onset.
On many occasions the patient may have been confined to bed rest for some medical problem, does not do any shoulder movements, and hence gradually slips into shoulder stiffness. Cervical Spondylosis when causes pain in neck and around shoulder, may initiate and precipitate frozen shoulder.
Treatment is simple.
Diabetes must be ruled out in all the patients and treated well in those who are suffering from it.
No treatment will ever succeed unless diabetes is controlled.
X-ray should be done to rule out other associated disorders
E.g. Koch’s, metastatic deposits
Patient needs anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) to control the inflammatory process going on inside.
Muscle relaxants are needed to relieve the spasm of the muscles. They facilitate the shoulder movements.
Neurotropics, antioxidants and omega three fatty acids are needed to improve the general metabolism and health of the patient. They also potentiate the analgesic effect of NASAIDS.
Sometimes manipulation of the shoulder under General Anaesthesia may have to be undertaken.
With advancement of surgical technology, arthroscopic fibrinolysis of the shoulder joint is undertaken with good results.
In the end, it is the active physiotherapy that is the sheet anchor of treatment, until the patient makes a wilful determined effort no treatment will succeed.
I am having menses but very less. My date was 20 but I got it on 12 only. Is it a symptom of pregnancy. If yes will you please let me know when should I go for home test after periods or during this also I can.
I am 10th month baby's mother. My period is not continue as same as before pregnancy. I am a feeding mother. My monthly period is not regular. Is normal or not.
A little more about Weaning:-
Weaning can be defined as a process where there is a gradual transition from an infant's diet to a fully grown adults diet. Weaning is considered a period of complementary feeds, which helps an infant to establish a better connection with food. Weaning can also be considered as a process of developing infants taste buds. Weaning should always be introduced after 6 months of exclusive breastfeeding (from birth to 6 months).
Since the entire process of weaning takes a lot of patience and perseverance, mothers are expected to be creative to bring the best introductions in her child's menu. It is more of a trial method for the new mum, as it helps her govern a basic taste of her tiny tot.
Below are some points which can benefit both the new mum and the baby towards effective weaning.
Points to be kept in mind for a fruitful weaning:-
- Feed only supple or soft foods:- To avoid the potential risk of choking, which can be common with the foods like apple, grapes, nuts, popcorns, The rule here to follow is to make sure that the food fed, should be soft enough to get mashed between the finger and the thumb. It becomes very important to go choke free. One can conveniently start with blends.
- Offer purees and nutrient dense meals:- Weaning should be a gradual and relishing process and purees play a vital role in resetting the overall process since they are loaded with important nutrients and are also easy to digest, they can be an ideal meal to begin for the growing infant.
- Diversify the baby's prospect as a part of growing:- Babies like to see the world as a process of constant change and learning. Including wide varieties of mild herbs like basil, turmeric in his daily weaning diet, will help in developing a stronger immune response.
- Discourage the use of salt, sugar and honey all together:- Do not encourage the use of salt and sugar till the baby turns one. They can prove to be very heavy on the baby's tiny developing system, without contributing much on a nutritional front.
- Go slow and enjoy the overall process :-Considering this period as a time of bonding with your baby, by doing so you will be able to help your baby attain a healthy, positive and fun loving rapport with the new mum and the food, which will last with the baby for rest of his life. By any sort of force feeding involved, baby can get rebellious and might never want to have food at all.
- Encourage self-feeding:- By encouraging it, the baby will eventually learn the process of self-feeding. Self-feeding will help the baby to have a better grip over fine motor grip and also help him be more independent. Self-feeding should be monitored under vigilance and allow baby learn self-feeding by himself, in spite of some futile attempts.
Weaning should be a gradual, happy and a positive process, which should be initially done at a turtle pace. It should evolve as a learning process for both mother and the baby since that will help them to establish a better understanding and connection with the food habits. Weaning can sum up to the benefit of new mum by attaining a better understanding towards baby's food preferences.