Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anjana SabharwalYour feedback matters!
M getting lumps in my mensuration cycle Suffered from dehydration and then fever simultaneously so took antibiotics for 12 days and after stopping antibiotics. Had my mensuration cycle having lumps of dark red color, no pain either for 3-4 days. My cycle came 3-4 days early and m a unmarried girl. Please tell me the reason of this abnormality in my cycle.
Allergies are an extreme reaction of the immune system of the body due to a hypersensitivity to foreign substances such as food, clothing, dust or pollen, among others. The reaction by the immune system may be quite damaging to your body. The allergies tend to vary vastly from one person to the other and the allergens also tend to differ. Some of the most common types of allergies commonly prevalent among the general population are – food allergies, nasal allergies, dust allergies, skin rashes due to contact with an allergen among others.
Homeopathic approach to treating allergies
Homeopathy is a symptom based medication and doesn’t only look to treat or lessen the symptoms but also cure the problems from deep down. It is also useful in relieving symptoms as well. Homeopathy takes into account not only the outward symptoms but the general physical and mental constitution of a person to prescribe the best medicine or combination of medications for you.
Some common homeopathic treatments for common allergies are mentioned below:
- Nasal allergies: One of, if not the most common form of allergic reactions, nasal allergies can be caused by a host of allergens such as dust, pollen, cloth fibers among many others. Some of the common symptoms of nasal allergies are nonstop discharge from the nose, sneezing, itching in the nose and throat, watery eyes among others. Some of the effective homeopathic medications depending on the exactness of the symptoms that may be prescribed by a doctor for your condition are Kali Bichromicum, Arsenic Album, Gelsemium and Allium Cepa. Your doctor will evaluate the exact symptoms you have and only then prescribe either one or a combination of these medications to you.
- Skin allergies These are another common form of allergies which occur on the skin, mostly due to contact with allergens. Eczema or allergic dermatitis is the most common form of skin allergies. Other problems such as hives may occur where areas of the skin start forming raised, red patches. The skin may also generally swell which can be temporarily relieved by cold compress. Some of the common medications prescribed in these cases are Sulphur, Urtica Urens and Apis Mellifica
- Food allergies: Food items are also one of the common causes behind allergies. The manifestation of food allergies may occur in four ways, which are Itchy and runny nose with discharges, runny and itchy eyes, and problems with breathing; manifestations on the skin such as hives, swelling or any other form of an itchy rash; gastric issues such as loose stools; bloating, nausea, vomiting and pain in the stomach being the most common symptoms; and some allergies may also cause the mouth, face and lips to swell as well. Some of the most common food allergens are nuts, milk and milk products, seafood, especially shellfish, eggs, wheat. The doctor will study your symptoms and disposition before deciding the best form of medication for you. Some of the common medications prescribed for food allergies depending on the type of food causing the allergies are Carbo vegetabilis, Sulphur, Nux Vomica, Urtica Urens, Lycopodium, Natrum Muriaticum and Colocynth and others
- Dust allergies: This is by far one of the most common forms of allergies and is caused due to the inhalation of dust. Common symptoms are excessive sneezing, runny and blocked nose and difficulties in breathing. Some of the commonly prescribed forms of medication for such cases are Lycopersicum, Bromium, Arsenic Album
Hello Dr. I am feeling very helpless nd depressed when I came to know about my problem PCOD. I want to know about what food I should avoid and what to eat in this case. As I am taking treatment wid a MBBS Dr. and also need your guidance/ suggestions so I get rid of it as soon as possible. Please help me.
I have been in a relation with a girl from 1.5 year. initially my sex life was quite good and interesting. But as of now she has lost her interest and our sex sessions wil b boring. What might be the reason? The thing is she was in a relation with 3 guys before me. Nearly 8 months with first guy, 3 months each wit other two. I was a virgin wen I got her and v quite loved each other. But now I feel she has lost interest. Is it good to have sex with outsider or not? Im literally attached to her, as she is the first one in my life. I feel like she had enof sex with those guys n I do not always get satisfied. I feel to have sex with others. Help me.
Doctor I want to know how can I regain my virginity without any surgical procedure. I am 23 years old and my height is 5" 5 inches. Pls help me doctor.
Sir I am 28 years I am married but I am not feel able to perform sex with my husband because I feel that my private part does not works well as I never get wet. so, please advise what to do.?
I am having pid problem, since 2011 august. Recently I am suffering from severe nerve pain (l5 s1 region right leg ), severe pain in my right knee, right ankle and foot for last two month.
She has been feeling weak from yesterday and vomiting whatever she eats. It happens during her periods every time. What to do?
Hi, I got my last periods on July 25th and I expected my next periods on 25th of August and it did not happen. And me and my boyfriend had safe sex on 26th of August. And now I still didn't get my periods yet. It's been dealt upto 12 days. And now i'm getting little abdominal pain and pain in my breast. Am I pregnant I am confused. Please help me.
Are you aware of the different consequences that may occur if you have multiple sexual partners? The more sexual partners you have, the risks of you getting an STI or sexually transmitted infection are enhanced. These infections are hard to treat, especially in patients with HIV. Until the infection is treated, your viral load may get pushed up. This makes it more likely that many people pass on the HIV virus by having unprotected sex.
What are the circumstances?
If you have sex with several partners, and one of them is infected with an STI, the virus is capable of being passed between you and all your partners. Many people end up having sex with each other without asking about STIs. This is risky as you can never tell if a person is infected by looking at them or having sex with them. If you are in a relationship with a mutual agreement of having sex outside the relationship, you need to be open and honest regarding any risk that you might have taken is a necessary part of looking after the sexual health of each other.
Things to Keep in Mind:
People have multiple sexual partners because of various reasons. These may include the thrill of having sex, the need to be desired, and also because of drugs and alcohol use because of which inhibitions are reduced. However, drugs and alcohol are very harmful to your body, leaving a negative impact and weakening your immune system. Several drugs and excess alcohol consumption affect the way your immune system tackles STIs.
Alcohol and drugs also make it more likely for you to practice risky sex, and take decisions which are unusual and unlikely to you in a sober state. Clouded judgement makes you avoid condoms while having sex. This might make you have sex with a partner despite knowing that you have got HIV. When your judgement is clouded, you may even skip the part of telling your partner about the fact that you have HIV.
For minimising your risk, in spite of having multiple sexual partners, you must always carry condoms with you. You should also avoid having sex when under the influence of alcohol and drugs. These are effective steps you should take to protect yourself and your sexual partner or partners from getting affected by HIV. You can also join a support group or consult a counsellor for advice regarding your situation. Having multiple sexual partners can also result in psychological disturbances.
After sex with girlfriend bohat kamjori hogyi usse. Chakkar bhi aare h periods bhi aagye aur heavy bleeding ho ri h sbhe se sir Mai dard full body pain.
I am 33 weeks pregnant. All reports normal. During ultrasound check up. I came to know that Unlimbical cord found around neck of baby. One loop was there. How can get rid of this. Is there any solution, exercise to prevent this.
I had sex with my partner on 29th april and 2nd may. After that she took a pregnancy test on 6th may just for checking if she is pregnant or not. It came out to be negative. Thereafter we had sex on 7th may and her periods last occurred on 21st april and was due on 21st may consequently. But till now she didn't had her periods. What should we do now. Is the delay in periods could be the sign of pregnancy. We had protected sex and crosschecked the protection after sex. She is having headache and also its paining a bit while urinating. Are these the symptoms of pregnancy?
I'm 22 years old women. My breasts are aching when i'm feeding my baby. Severe pain inside my breasts. I checked it in front of the mirror and I think my 2 breasts shapes different. Please help.
How to maintain hemoglobin level naturally, after having heavy flow during periods. And how to maintain calcium intake after 30's for strong bones.
I have started my 7 month pregnancy from 17 august I want to ask a ques that is the movements of the baby fluctuate. Lyk does is slows down also. I am finding my baby moving bit slow.
My friend wife is 35. She have a small tumor in mouth of vagina last six days. What should I do & which type of treatment start right now?
Infertility is a very common problem among both men and women and it refers to the inability to conceive even after regular unprotected sex. The causes of this can be varied and some of the most prominent ones are:
Causes in Women:
1. Polycystic ovarian syndrome - PCOS is a medical condition in women in which they do not ovulate. It is a major cause of infertility in most women. It can often result in irregular menstruation and an increase in the release of male hormones in the female body. This causes male symptoms like the growth of a beard, hoarse voice etc. in females. The probable causes of this condition comprise being over or under weight, thyroid imbalance etc. It is possible to treat this condition with medical aid and weight management can also prove to be helpful.
2. Lack of sufficient healthy eggs - As you grow in age, the number and health of your eggs decline significantly. This could be a possible reason for your infertility. In this condition, optimizing egg health by maintaining a healthy weight and quitting alcohol and cigarettes can help you get rid of your infertility.
3. Blockage of the fallopian tubes - Blockage of or damage to the fallopian tubes causes the tubal factor that is responsible for infertility in women. The tubal factor can also be a result of endometriosis or any sexually transmitted disease like Chlamydia etc.
Causes in Men:
1. Ejaculatory disorders - Retrograde ejaculation, premature ejaculation, and other issues associated with ejaculation may cause infertility in men. In retrograde ejaculation, the semen enters the bladder instead of emerging out of the penis during orgasm. In premature ejaculation, the ejaculation occurs before the vagina is prepared to receive the semen.
2. Chromosome defects - Disorders like Klinefelter's syndrome can cause abnormal growth of the male reproductive organs resulting in infertility. Other such syndromes include Kallmann's syndrome, Karatagener's syndrome, cystic fibrosis etc. These conditions are mostly genetic.
3. Hormonal imbalance - Male infertility can also be a result of hormonal imbalances like hypogonadism (low testosterone levels), disorders of the testicles, abnormal functioning of the pituitary, thyroid, adrenal and the other glands as well.
Related Tip: Common causes of infertility in Women?