Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anjana Sabharwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anjana SabharwalYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old female. I have dark circles around my eyes. These are from 13-14 years. What should I do to remove these. Kindly tell treatment by keeping in mind that I am pregnant. So tell the treatment which a pregnant woman can do. Thanks.
My menstrual cycle was on 14aug to 18aug then there is continuous spotting discharge of red color. I consulted a Dr. N gave me medicine on 6 sept my next menstrual cycle was started till 12 sept n she gave me medicine for 21 days isLEVONORGESTREL & ETHINYL ESTRADIOL TAB I daily takes it. On 14sep I saw urine color was change but I ignored. Yesterday there were red color urine n I also had fever so I take medicine. Why urine color is red? recently ultrasound checkup also exist bt Dr. Said there were nthg wrong.
Does secretions from vagina result in fungus infection in near by areas? and if yes what precaution is to be taken?
Why is papaya a great food?
- High In Fiber – Papaya is a great source of dietary fiber . This nutrient absorbs toxins in the colon that can cause cancer and eliminates them from the body through bowel movement. Due to its rich fiber content, papaya aids digestion and imparts a beautiful glow to your skin.
- Rich In Vitamins And Minerals – Papaya contains abundant amounts of vitamin C, a potent antioxidant . It also aids wound healing, reduces the risk of cancer due to oxidative stress, and boosts your immunity to fight common ailments such as cold and cough. This fruit is also replete with vitamin A and minerals like phosphorus, iron, potassium, copper, manganese, calcium, and magnesium. Vitamin A is required to maintain healthy vision while phosphorus is needed for good heart health.
- Rich In Antioxidants – The antioxidants present in dried papaya help to strengthen immunity and eliminate free radicals that are hazardous to your health. This fruit contains more amount of beta-carotene than in carrots.
- Abundant In Bioflavonoids – Also known as vitamin P, bioflavonoids are semi-essential nutrients that work as nature’s modifiers and respond to biological changes in the body. The bioflavonoids in papaya modify the reaction of the body to viruses, carcinogens, and allergens, thereby protecting it from harmful and life-threatening diseases.
Skin Benefits of Papaya:
- Moisturises the Skin
- Clears Pigmentation
- Reduces Wrinkles
- Reduces under eye dark circles
- Cures Eczema and Psoriasis
- Treats Melasma
- Removes Tan
- Controls Acne Breakout
Hair Benefits of Papaya:
1. Stimulates Hair Growth
2. Controls Dandruff
3. Conditions Hair
Hello. I have been suffering from pcos (no periods) and thyroid (under control). I got married. We r trying for a baby. Doctor gave me clomid and hcg injection on 19th day of period and I got conceive after 40 days I got abortion. Doctor told me that you r over weight. Due to over weight I am not able to conceive in 78 now I want to lose 9 to 10 kilos I am doing diet and exercise (45 min per day) but not reducing weight. Pls suggest a diet chart to reduce weight. We r trying for another cycle in August I that mean time I have to loose weight.
Cycling efficiently exercises the hips and legs the largest muscle group of the body helping reduce weight in those areas. Additionally aerobic activities are said to be great mood enhancers. It is ideal for both solitary and group interactions and people of all ages and fitness levels can ride a cycle. Even those too young to pedal can reap the benefits of fresh air and unfold scenery from a bike seat or a trailer
I'm a 21 years old woman and I always suffer from severe pain during my periods. Its always been this way since the beginning year. What could be the reason behind this?
Male microsurgery also involves specialised operative techniques for the repair of very small structures, such as the tubes that carry sperm (the vas deferens). It is commonly used where there is a low sperm count, or no sperm at all.
Microsurgery can be used to:
- reverse a Vasectomy
- bypass a blockage in the epididymis,
- cure a Varicocele (swelling of the veins about the testis), which allows the testis to produce better sperm,
- In the case of azoospermia (absence of sperm in the testes), microsurgery is also used to perform surgical sperm retrieval so it can be used for Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI). The genetic make up of the sperm is tested first, before fertility treatment.
Most microsurgery is done as a day surgery procedure, and you will need up to a week to recover after the procedure. Occasionally we can cure obstruction to sperm passage in the urinary tract.
Menstrual disorders are caused by a variety of factors and affect every woman in a different manner. In most cases, it manifests itself in the form of fluctuations in menstrual flow and irregularity in the monthly cycle. Certain disorders are not too severe and can be easily alleviated. Others are more complicated and require the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
As mentioned, there are different specific causes of different kinds of disorders resulting from a range of factors such as hormone levels, functioning of the central nervous system, health of the uterus, etc.
Some of the most common causes of menstrual disorders are as follows:
- Hormonal imbalance: Fluctuating hormone levels in the body have a direct impact on the menstrual cycle. These fluctuations can be caused by dysfunction in the pituitary gland, thyroid gland or adrenal gland. It can also be a result of malfunction in either or both ovaries and the secretion of hormones originating there.
- Anatomic problems: One fourth menstrual disorders are caused by problems of the anatomy. These include various gynecological issues like the presence of uterine fibroids and polyps, reduced uterine contractile strength, adenomyosis (intrusion of uterine tissue into the muscular wall of the uterus), a uterus with an excessively large surface area, and endometrial cancer.
- Clotting irregularities: Abnormality in clotting is a cause of heavy menstrual bleeding in women. It leads to exceeding blood loss from minor cuts and gashes and makes one easily prone to bruising. This may also include medical conditions such as thrombocytopenia (platelet dysfunction) and Von Willebrand disease.
- Medications and supplements: There is a wide range of medications and nutritional or hormonal supplements which often cause menstrual disorders in women and lead to fluctuations in the menstrual cycle. These include medicines such as aspirin, ibuprofen, estrogen pills, Vitamin E supplements etc.
- Miscellaneous factors: These are comparatively rare and require a greater degree of medical attention. It includes conditions such as cervical cancer, ovarian tumors, liver and kidney diseases, uterine infections, extreme psychological stress, obesity, etc. Incidents such as miscarriages and unsuspected pregnancies are also known to cause abnormal menstrual bleeding.
Related Tip: " All You Need To Know About Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder"