Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anjali Varma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali VarmaYour feedback matters!
Now I'm have 3 months baby girl I'm getting tubectomy operation so can I get periods before tubectomy operation.
I had sex on 22nd January at 5 pm. My first day was 19th January 2017. I take ipill on 25th January at 1 pm. Now I have mild pain in my pelvic region. I am very sacred of this. One of my friend told me it is some ectopic pregnancy. Please tell me what it is. Is it chances of pregnancy. Or it is a sort of infection.
A night out with its fair share of drinks is enjoyable, but it is the morning after which tends to have the after affects. Hangovers are a problem with anybody who has had a drink too much the night before and it might leave you in an incapacitated state due to nausea, headache (learn more about the facts of headache) and dehydration.
Here are some of the known homemade remedies which can cure hangovers:
- Make sure you take a lot of water and fluids: After you have woken up after a night out where you had lots to drink, you are bound to have a hangover as alcohol is known to dehydrate the body. Thus it is advisable that you drink plenty of water and other fluids. Only water isn’t going to be enough as water can hydrate you but many of the other nutrients will only be supplied by juices, rehydrating drinks, sports drinks or other such. Thus it is important to consume a variety of these fluids.
- Eat a hearty breakfast: The longer you are with an empty stomach, the longer it is going to take the hangover to go away. Eating a hearty and filling breakfast will relieve the hangover to a great extent. However, eat foods which are easy to digest, such as cereals and toast. Avoid greasy and oily foods in the morning as they may add to the nausea.
- If you have nowhere important to be, go back to bed: If you have the time and nothing to do, then it is advisable to sleep (know more to improve the quality of your sleep) a little longer while you keep rehydrating yourself whenever you wake up. This is going to give your body the fluids it needs while resting is going to give it plenty of opportunity to heal itself.
- Eat ginger, both before and after drinking: Ginger has been used as a home remedy across cultures for centuries to treat nausea. It is thus wise to eat crystallized or candied forms of ginger, both before and after consumption of alcohol as it will lessen its effects on the body. You can take ginger the night after as well to reduce the nausea that comes with hangover.
- Stretch out and exercise a little: Between naps it may not be a bad idea to stretch out and exercise a little, which will help you release endorphins to make you feel better. However, ensure that it is light exercise so that the nausea and headaches are not exacerbated.
Symptoms of psycho-sexual disorder you need to know
Psychosexual disorders are conditions that occur when there are discrepancies in sexual functioning caused by mental or emotional problems. These have various manifestations in the form of sexual dysfunction, sexual perversion and gender identity crisis.
The primary characteristic feature of psychosexual disorders is that these are not caused by any external physical factors or medical conditions, but are a result of internal conflicts that arise in the mind. These conflicts can be due to intense personal experiences that lead to stress, anxiety, depression, and guilt. Sexual trauma and negative body image issues are also known to cause psychosexual disorders in men and women.
The symptoms of psychosexual disorders have different kinds of indications in men and women. In many cases, it leads to the development of phobias towards sex and sexual activities. In other cases, it may create strong recurrent desires for unusual sexual situations and activities such as voyeurism, fetishism, exhibitionism, sexual sadism, necrophilia or pedophilia.
Each case is unique and different as it is caused by an exclusive set of factors, which affect every individual in a distinctive capacity.
What are the symptoms of the psychosexual disorder in women?
Psychosexual disorders in women are characterized by the following signs:
- inability to get sexually aroused despite adequate stimulation
- inability to achieve orgasm
- reduced sexual drive and the lack of desire for sex
- inadequate vaginal lubrication
- unconscious tightening of the vaginal muscles that causes interference in sexual activities
- experiencing pain during sexual intercourse
What are the symptoms of the psychosexual disorder in men?
Some of the signs of psychosexual disorder in men are as follows:
- inability to get or hold an erection (erectile dysfunction)
- premature ejaculation
- being unable to ejaculate
- reduced libido and inhibited sexual desire
- inability to achieve orgasm
- lack of sexual arousal through stimulation
Whatever is the cause, rest assured that it can be resolved completely with the help of a good therapist. So don't hesitate and continue suffering without getting help.
Related Tip: Why is having sex very painful for some people?
This medicinal herb can pretend like any other fresh salad, and it will keep free radicals away from the cells of your body.
Scientists claim that its daily consumption prevents the appearance of tumors, and it helps the work of enzymes that clean and regenerate the liver and is a natural diuretic.
Water and lemon
Lemon is an excellent source of vitamin C, and is known for being helps to burn fat and detoxify.
A glass of water with lemon every morning to help regulate digestion, refresh and refine your body.
Dark leafy greens
Vegetables dark, green leaves increases the level of chlorophyll in the digestive tract, which helps the body to get rid of toxins of the environment.
Fruits contain vitamins, antioxidants and fiber, and recommended its consumption as much as possible. Apples, pears, oranges – no matter whatever you are eating, it is only to be fresh.
Cabbage is known for its qualities of “cleansing” of the liver. You can eat it as a salad or as a veg.
Numerous studies have shown that artichokes are very good for the liver and bile bag.
They also contain high levels of cynarin that prevents indigestion of food and stimulates healthy digestion.
If you have a problem with the gall purse, be sure to eat beetroot.
Its fibers are helping production of antioxidant enzymes in the liver that help the gallbladder and liver to eliminate toxic substances in the body.
Garlic is a good friend of your liver, because it helps to get rid of free radicals that are produced in the body.
Additionally, garlic is known for its healing properties in a number of diseases.
Green tea contains high levels of catechins, which speed up liver activity and increases the production of enzymes for detoxification.
It is recommended that at least two cups a day.
Whole grains should always be your choice! As well as containing high levels of nutrients and antioxidants, they are rich in fiber and that will help to regulate digestion.
So, instead of white bread, always opt for one whole grain.
The female reproductive organ is an area of the human body where many microbial organisms inhabit together and it is a necessary requirement for its health. These organisms may include fungi and bacteria and play important roles individually in maintaining the pH levels (the acidic and alkaline balance) levels of the vagina. However, when one of these, especially the fungi go out of balance and begin to propagate, it results in a vaginal yeast infection.
A yeast infection or vaginal candidiasis is a fungal infection that causes extreme itchiness of the vulva (which is the opening of the vagina) and the further insides of the vagina as well. It may result in a white discharge from time to time and causes vaginal inflammation. Some of the other symptoms are:
- Pain in the vagina akin to a burning sensation while urinating or when having sex
- Rashes in the vagina
- General soreness and pain
- White odorless discharge, which is thick in consistency
- Colorless watery discharges can occur as well
- Swelling and redness near the vulva or the vagina in general
The type of fungi that causes vaginal yeast infections is the ‘candida fungus’. Usually, this fungus is present within the vagina, but is kept in check by the Lactobacillus bacteria. These are bacteria naturally present within the vagina and secrete acids, which keep the fungi in check. However, when the levels of bacteria are reduced, it will cause the levels of fungi to increase causing a yeast infection.
The below mentioned factors can aggravate the risks of this disease:
- Problems brought on by diabetes
- A compromised immune system
- Pregnancy may also disturb the balance
- Starting to use or stopping the use of oral contraceptive pills
- Hormone therapy
- Usage of antibiotics that may kill off lactobacillus bacteria within the vagina
Generally, yeast infections are not considered to be sexually transmitted, although yeast infection could be spread through sexual contact as well.
The primary treatment includes a course of anti fungal oral medication to lessen the levels of the fungi within your vagina. It could be supplemented with vaginal creams, which may reduce the itching and the inflammation. If you have recurrent infection multiple times within a year, then you may have to go for a longer course of treatment and correct the underlying conditions that may be causing it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.