Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anjali Varma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali VarmaYour feedback matters!
I want to do unprotected sex with my bf but do not want a child suggest me a preferable time to do so.
I am 25 years old and my wife is 24. We had sex and after that she took a pill for prevention. After 10 days she got bleeding from her vagina. So what is exactly going on with her. Is she pregnant or its normal? Her date of period in between 28-31 for every month.
The vaginal or the vulvar area is a well-lubricated area which serves various functions. Vaginal dryness can be not just an embarrassing issue, but an overall health issue. One of the main reasons for decreased sex drive in women is vaginal dryness. Though a woman of any age can have vaginal dryness, it is common for the following groups, menopause, after childbirth, during lactation, and in women on hormone replacement therapy. The hormone levels play a major role in the vaginal dryness, and so these conditions lead to increased dryness. It can also lead to vaginal itching and burning. It may also lead to bleeding in severe cases. There is a host of associated complaints like mood swings, irritability, depression, hot flushes, and reduced libido in these women. Homeopathy offers to help get rid of not just the dryness but these associated symptoms as well.
The most commonly used, three homoeopathic remedies for treating vaginal dryness are Sepia, Lycopodium, Platina, Argentum Nitricum, and Natrum Mur. Each of these should be used based on accompanying symptoms, and self-medication is not advised. The doctor will have a long discussion with you to identify the associated symptoms and then draw up a customised treatment plan. However, the indications for each of the ingredients are listed below. Given the sensitive nature of the topic, it is also advisable to include the partner in these discussions as they can cooperate and help in managing the mood swings and in working out alternatives to the impaired sexual life.
- Sepia: One of the most widely used compound to treat vaginal dryness, it yields great results when it is associated
- Painful sex and bleeding following intercourse
- Associated with menopause and therefore mood swings and hot flushes
- A bearing down sensation where the woman feels the uterus is going to slip down into the vagina
- Genitals are tender to the touch
- These women have an aversion to sex
- Lycopodium: This is another commonly used ingredient, and indicated in women who have vulvar dryness is associated with vaginal burning sensation
- Platina: The vaginal dryness is accompanied by genital hypersensitivity, increased sexual urge, and itching. It is also useful in cases of both dyspareunia and vaginismus (involuntary contractions of the vagina).
- Argentum Nitricum: This is most suitable when there is painful sex followed by bleeding.
- Natrum Mur: This is useful when there is itching and soreness in the vaginal area associated with an acrid discharge.
- Bellis perennis: This is useful when there is a bruised sensation in the vagina, which leads to interruption of intercourse.
As noted above, these are some common ingredients but should not be used without consultation with a doctor. Involving the partner is also useful in getting improved results. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment which focuses on treating the cause of the disease rather than the symptoms. There are Ayurvedic remedies, which boost the immune system that keeps the body healthy. A well-functioning immune system is essential for your body to be in optimal health.
The various Ayurvedic tips that help in boosting your immune system:
- Use spices in your food: Various spices such as cumin not only add flavor, but also have certain properties which help in boosting immune system. They aid in the digestive process and allow the nutrients in the food to be absorbed more readily.
- Choose wisely: You must eat natural foods as much as possible for a healthy immune system. Eating processed foods creates various problems in the body which reduces your immune strength. Eating natural foods also provide your body with the necessary nutrients and vitamins, which are beneficial for the body.
- Limit alcohol intake: You should restrict alcohol consumption as it impairs the functioning of white blood cells in the body. It also impairs the oxygen delivery mechanism of the body.
- Exercise on a regular basis: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep your body healthy. Exercises such as running improves your cardiovascular endurance and increases stamina levels in the body.
- Sleep: You should get 6 to 8 hours of sleep to help your body recover and regenerate. Lack of sleep can impair the functioning of the immune system and makes you prone to various disorders.
- Herbs: Various herbs such as ginger, garlic and amla help to boost your immune system as they contain various medicinal properties. They increase the white blood cells in the body which enhance the immune system.
- Meditation: Meditation has been linked with lower stress levels; implying that it has a beneficial effect on your body.
- Pranayama: You should practice pranayama as it helps in strengthening the body and calming the mind. It reduces stress in the body thus enhancing your overall well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
They are very high in antioxidants.
It has anti-inflammatory properties thus benefit people suffering from arthritis and joint pains.
Helps lower blood pressure naturally.
The fennel seeds are extensively used as breath freshener. You could chew them after you have your meals.
It is considered to be an immune system enhancer and many people have said that it gives a sense of relaxation and well-being when they drink fennel tea regularly.
It serves as a therapeutic agent, relaxant and stimulant.
Fennel seeds are rich in minerals such as calcium, manganese and vitamin b3.
It aids in the treatment of numerous digestive problems such as bloating, diarrhea, flatulence, constipation and indigestion etc.
What is Obesity and how to confirm that?
The most often asked questions in this context are- what is a normal acceptable weight, when does one get labelled as overweight and what is the definition of obesity? Another important question we often get asked is- what’s the difference between being overweight and obese?
In very simple terms, what a physician evaluates to check for obesity in a person is a simple index known as “body mass Index” or BMI. BMI can be calculated by simply dividing the person’s body weight in Kg by the square of person’s height measured in meters. BMI is measured as Kg/m2. Following are broad guidelines for detection of obesity-
1. BMI of < 18.5 indicates that the person is underweight
2. BMI between 18.5 and 24.9 indicates that the person has got normal weight
3. BMI between 25 and 29.9 indicates that the person is overweight
4. BMI of > 30 indicates obesity
How does Obesity affect fertility?
Excessive body weight in women causes multiple hormonal imbalances, which can result in irregular menstruation and reduced frequency of ovulation, thus leading to infertility. Also, the outcome of Infertility treatment in obese women is poorer than in their normal weight counterparts. Obesity also increases the chances of pregnancy related complications such as miscarriage, pregnancy induced hypertension and gestational diabetes and hence increases the requirement offers cesarean delivery. And not to forget that the labor is that much harder and prolonged for obese women.
Obese males also suffer from reduced fertility as they tend to have lower level of testosterone, which suppresses sperm production. Obesity can also case erectile dysfunction in men, which can result in reduced fertility.
What can you do?
Here are five easy weight management tips to help you realize your dream of having a child-
1. Watch your meals- take a healthy diet and avoid excess carbohydrates and fat
2. Watch your beverages- drink adequate quantity of water, avoid soft drinks as they contain empty calories and refrain from alcohol
3. Stop smoking and keep in mind that there is nothing like occasional/ moderate smoking
4. Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle- short sessions of brisk walking, swimming, jogging or skipping are good means to keep one active and healthy
5. Avoid stress and practice Yoga/ meditation or other stress buster techniques that suit you
If you want to know more or seek an expert opinion, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Meri wife ke last 3 month ke period kuch is tarah he Regular he ya ilregular yeh aap dekh lijiye 2 march 2 april 5 may Me yeh janna chabta hu is month konsi date par sex karu jisse 100% pregnent k chance ho.
Eating Disorders, themselves are chronic ailments. These psychological conditions not only affect the eating habits of an individual, they even affect their physical health. In fact, eating disorders like anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa as well as the ones that are not specified have physical repercussions, leading to further chronic diseases that may haunt an individual for the rest of their life. That’s why, it is recommended that an individual seeks psychiatrist’s support and counselling help if they or someone they know is suffering from eating disorder. Here is a list of chronic diseases that can affect individuals who suffer from an eating disorder.
1. Amenorrhea: Also known as loss of menstrual cycle, amenorrhea is a chronic medical condition that usually affects women with anorexia nervosa. Extreme reduction in body fat, loss of nutrients, wrong eating habits, extreme obsession and preoccupation with exercise and food is one of the leading causes of this chronic medical condition.
2. Diabetes: Elevated Blood Sugar is usually noticed with Binge-purge eating disorder and bulimia nervosa, which can result in kidney problems as well as the chronic disease called diabetes. It can also cause liver shut down and lead to a domino reaction where the immune system starts to develop different problems. Meanwhile, low blood sugar can be caused due to anorexia, leading to neurological and mental deterioration.
3. Depression: Depression and eating disorders tend to co-exist. Depression, a chronic condition may be caused due to factors like hormonal imbalances and vitamin deficiencies, malnutrition and dehydration. People living with eating disorders may be predisposed to stress as well.
4. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Rampant among those with eating disorders, chronic fatigue syndrome can results in weakened immune system.
5. Gastrointestinal Problems: Anorexia Nervosa can result in chronic gastrointestinal problems. Similarly, vomiting or inducing vomiting with bulimia can further elevate these issues. The person may experience episodes of vomiting and acid reflux even when they don’t intend to. It can further cause gum diseases and dental problems, while resulting in pancreatitis, perforated ulcer, gastric rupture and other problems.
Eating disorders can result in death due to heart attack and heart failure, lung collapse or even internal bleeding and stroke. It is recommended that individual seek medical support immediately for an eating disorder.