Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am pregnant, having allergy with ceflox-oz. My child will also get dat allergy after birth. Kindly rpl.
Hello I am 24 year old woman I am pregnant for 1 months yesterday I had little bleeding through my vagina what does it mean I am not having any pain please suggest.
M 27 years old. I was in live in relationship with someone almost 1 year. Now he is not with me and m going to marry with some one else. I want my virginity back. What should I do? please advice. Need your support.
Running vs walking: which is better?
Is it better to walk or run? which burns more calories?
Running and walking are fairly similar concepts; both get you from a to b. How different are they when it comes to weight loss, then? where do the differences between the two forms of exercise lie, and which one holds the title as the better weight loss aid?
Before comparing the two activities head-to-head, it is important to note that both are beneficial. Both running and walking are proven to offer cardiovascular benefits. Both will help promote weight loss, improve your sleep, elevate your mood, boost your energy level, decrease blood pressure and cholesterol levels and decrease the risk of cancer, diabetes.
Another fun fact is that they have been shown to reduce risk of cataracts with age. They are beneficial to bone density and, therefore, bone strength.
Calories burned per 1-mile walk vs 1-mile run for a 156-lb person (around 70.7kg)
Walk calories burned per mile: 88.9
Run calories burned per mile: 112.5
Walk calories burned per minute: 4.78
Run calories burned per minute: 11.25
Walk after-burn per mile: 21.7
Run after-burn per mile: 46.1
Which burns more calories?
Does running burn more calories than walking? well, yes and no.
If you run for 20 minutes or walk for 50 minutes, you end up burning about the same amount of calories. But if you walk for 20 minutes or run for 20 minutes, running will create the biggest calorie deficit.
So if you've got more time, are more prone to injury or simply have an aversion to high-intensity activities, then go with a lower-intensity exercise, such as walking, biking or swimming.
Just remember that the lower your exercise intensity, the lower the calorie expenditure, so how long you exercise becomes more important.
Do keep in mind that everyone's body responds differently to exercise. So even though you and your spouse may both be walking for 45 minutes each day, your results will differ.
This is because the number of calories you expend during exercise depends on your body composition (lean mass vs. Fat mass). The more muscle mass you have, the more calories you will burn. In addition, the type of exercise you do and the muscles that are involved will also dictate the amount of calories used.
What's so great about walking?
Walking has a few benefits that set it apart from running:
Walking is correlated with an even lower risk of high blood pressure, heart disease or diabetes than running
Walking is ideal for joints because it is a low-impact activity
Lower intensity exercise, such as walking (as opposed to running which is high-intensity), burns energy directly from fat stores
Then why bother running?
Now, those are all great benefits, but that does not necessarily mean that they outweigh the benefits of running.
Running stacks up pretty well in comparison:
Running is correlated with a lower bmi and waist circumference than walking
Running burns more calories per hour, making it more time-efficient than walking
Runners controlled their weight better, so they were able to maintain weight loss long-term
Running suppresses the appetite and regulates hunger hormones
Running causes a more lasting metabolism increase even after exercise has ended.
How running and walking match up
So, which is the better exercise?
At the end of the day, that is really a matter of personal decision. The most important factor to consider is that intensity doesn't have a significant impact on weight loss if you are burning the same amount of calories.
Say you do a high intensity workout for a short period of time. You can likely burn the same amount of calories by doing a low intensity workout for a longer time. This means that you don't necessarily have to go for a run to burn the calories, though running will be much more time efficient.
A calorie is a calorie, and the subtle differences between running and walking are unlikely to add up much.
Dear madam I am 50yrs. What are the symptoms of menopause. I am feeling depressed for past some months also I loosing lots of hair and also feeling irritated for every small issues. Sometimes I sleep for longer hours sometimes I am unable to sleep even for 2hrs. feel tired very often and experience lots of pain in thighs. I also have strong sexual urge which I have been deceived for past 20 years due to my husband's health problem. Are these problems related to menopause or do I need a psychotic consultation. I feel embarrassed to face my grown up children. I never experienced this during even in my early days of marriage. please help me overcome this embarrassing situation.
My wife is having low sex interest, what would be the preferable sex enhance medicine for her, please suggest.
Pregnancy is a normal life function that many women go through. Yet, this is a function or a part of life where one has to take special care of one’s health and condition as there are many biological changes that happen in one’s body. Swollen legs and ankles are a common part of one’s pregnancy. This condition is most commonly known as edema and it usually occurs when fluid collects in the tissue. This in turn happens when the blood chemistry changes and the fluid gets routed to the tissue. This is a common occurrence due to the hormonal changes that one goes through during pregnancy. The condition usually troubles pregnant ladies during their third trimester.
Read on to find out the various ways in which one can deal with it.
- When to consult a doctor: Consult a doctor or a midwife for a thorough check up if you happen to see any puffiness or swelling in your face and eyes. This could point at a more serious problem like the onset of preeclampsia. Also, if you happen to notice that one leg is more swollen than the other, then you may want to see a doctor about it, as it could mean that there is a blood clot in the leg.
- Put your feet up: This is especially important if you are at a desk all day. The best way to deal with such swelling is to put your feet up every once in a while, so that the swelling may reduce. You can use a foot stool or even a pile of books for this purpose.
- Breaks: If you are constantly sitting or lying down, it would be a good idea to give it a break and walk around a little so that there is better blood circulation. This also keeps the blood from pooling into the lower regions of the legs, which can prevent an increase in the swelling.
- Comfortable footwear: One should stick to flat and comfortable footwear with an even elevation as well as foam soles so that the comfort level while walking and standing is optimum. Choose your shoes so that they can accommodate your swelling instead of pinching your feet. Also, you can choose to wear snug socks and stockings, which will form a band around your feet. This will ensure that the swelling does not increase to a painful level. At the same time, you must avoid socks that have bands, which are too tight as this may lead to blood pooling and subsequent swelling in the legs and ankles.
- Water: Drinking plenty of water ensures that there is less fluid retention. This is one of the best ways of fighting edema whether or not you are pregnant.
I am 28 year old I have pcod problem last 2 year I took ayurvedic treatment but again it starts no menstruation without tablets how I wil cure it how to cure permanently.
Whenever I got periods it pains a lot. Y does it happen to me. Few girls have ths problems too. What should I do to decrease it.
People who rarely fall ill and are able to undertake strenuous tasks are said to have a strong constitution. When talking in terms of health, constitution refers to a person’s physical and mental strength. The stronger your constitution, the healthier you are. Having a strong constitution also makes treatment more effective in case you do fall ill. Here are a few tips to help build a strong constitution.
- Eat a well-balanced diet: Missing out on important nutrients may not have immediate effects, but in the long run, will cause deficiencies and harm your constitution. Not following a healthy diet is also one of the most common reasons for reduced immunity. In a day you must eat 2-3 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables and at least one serving of carbs and proteins.
- Drink plenty of water: It isn’t enough to give your body all the nutrients it requires, you must also drink plenty of water so that your body can absorb these nutrients. Water plays an important role in every process of the body from the digestive system to the circulatory system. Water also helps eliminate wastes and toxins from your body.
- Avoid processed foods: Processed foods have very little nutritional value but have a high fat content. Jams, packaged juices, breads, cakes etc. are packed with additional sugar that lead to weight gain and other problems associated with it. Instead, snack on fruits and nuts and drink freshly squeezed juice.
- Exercise daily: Exercise not only helps you regulate your weight, it also helps tone and strengthen muscles. Exercise also makes a person more flexible and boosts the immune system. Ideally, exercise outdoors early in the morning for half an hour a day but if that isn’t possible, break up your workout into smaller sections. Simple ways of incorporating exercise in your daily life are to use the stairs instead of the elevator or walk short distances.
- Meditate: Your mental health is as important as your physical health. Stress has a huge impact on your health and daily meditation is an easy way to deal with everyday stresses. Set aside time at the beginning of each day to quietly meditate and ready your mind for the day’s tasks.
- Get adequate sleep: Your body uses the time you are asleep to rebuild muscles and repair tissues. A person should ideally have an uninterrupted sleep of 8 hours a day. Sleep deficiency can lower your immunity, cause irritability and mood swings etc. To ensure you get a good night’s sleep, create and follow a sleep routine of going to bed and waking up the same time every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
What Happens if the position of baby is head up and legs downward in 33 week of pregnancy will baby get to its original position or not?
I got a water bubble in my vagina it's really so paining I could not sleep properly for two days, how can I cure this problem? And how can I prevent this type of problems?
About two days ago I saw a red bump developing on the outside of my vagina lip, then within the next day it got much bigger and harder, then this morning I wake up and the bump has gotten semi smaller and softer almost feeling like a blister- then at school it ended up popping I guess and oozing. Please advise.
Mera 6th month h pregnancy ka mere husband apna regular sex continue rakhna chahte h hum kab tak kr sakte h delivery tak ya usse pahle band krna hoga usse baby ko koi nuksan to nahi hoga.
1) Oral sex and anal sex are 100% safe
Yes, to your surprise, it is a sex myth and the truth is that all sexually transmitted diseases that are transferred through unprotected vaginal sex can also be caught through all kinds of anal or oral sex. Medical science has proved that there are more chances of catching an STD infection through unprotected anal sex as compared with oral or vaginal sex.
2) First time sex will not make you pregnant
You can never foresee when odds are against you so you should not take the risk. A woman is as likely to conceive with first time sex as she will do anytime in her later life provided she does so in her fertile days.
3) Having sex during periods will never make you pregnant
Logically speaking, there are no chances of getting pregnant when you have your periods but if someone has a longer cycle or bleeds between the periods, it is quite possible. Moreover, when a woman has a short cycle and she has sex by last two to three days of her menstrual cycle, she can conceive because sperms will stay in her body for up to 72 hours.
4) Two condoms work better than one
One condom is enough to get the job done and there is no need to use two. In America, they test each latex condom for holes before packing it to the box. Regular and correct use of condoms will save you from many sexually transmitted diseases and other sex consequences.
5) Drinking alcohol guarantees better performance in bed
No, this is not true because alcohol takes out your ability to make sensible decisions and you can make risky choices. When you’re drunk, you can decide to have sex with someone you don’t want otherwise. It will not spice up the experience rather it can give you regrets.