Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anjali Puri
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali PuriYour feedback matters!
PMS or premenstrual syndrome affects women exactly prior to their menstrual cycle. This syndrome may have affects manifold, impacting a woman’s physical health, behavior and emotions. The condition is very common and affects more than 80% of the women before their monthly cycles begin.
The exact cause of PMS is not yet ascertained. It is believed that changes in hormones in the body can lead to PMS. Before the menses start, progesterone and estrogen levels tend to dip in the body. This hormonal dip results in anxiety, anger and irritability issues. Levels of serotonin, a chemical in the brain which affects your moods and thoughts, in the body also decrease at this time. Here are certain factors which make you prone to PMS –
- Family history of PMS
- Being subject to domestic violence
- Emotional and physical trauma
- Substance abuse
- Past history of mood disorders
The menstrual cycle lasts for 28 days. On the 14th day, egg is released from the ovaries; this is known as ovulation. The bleeding or menstruation occurs on the 28th day of the cycle. Symptoms of PMS start to show up from around the 14th day of the cycle.
PMS includes signs such as abdominal cramps, bloating, acne and sudden craving for sweet foods. Stomach disorders such as constipation and diarrhea are also common. mental disorders such as anxiety and mild depression have also been observed.
Managing PMS Symptoms-
With PMS, one can take these steps to deal with the various signs of discomfort. Here are some remedies to deal with PMS symptoms:
- Eat a balanced diet consisting of fruits and vegetables to get Vitamins and minerals in the required amounts.
- Keep yourself hydrated to ease symptoms of bloating.
- Consuming supplements of folic acid, Vitamin D and calcium can help easing the symptoms.
- Sleep for 6-8 hours on a regular basis.
- Exercise regularly to beat stress and avoid bloating.
- Try relaxation techniques to get rid of stress or at least limit stress levels.
- Some pain killers can help combat the pain resulting from muscle aches. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Is it important to take misoprostol after mifepristone for abortion. I took mifepristone and am having bleeding since 4 days. Will I again have to take mifepristone and misoprostol tablet.
Diet For Summer season:
With the rise in global warming, the temperatures in summers are unbearable. The climatic change leads to many ailments. follow
Drink plenty of water throughout the day, as it helps in flushing out all the toxic matter from the body. Seventy percent of our body is made up of water, thus, it is necessary to keep our hydrated. Water is the major carrier of blood and oxygen to different organs of the body. It nourishes the red blood cells by providing them with nutrients.
Fruits and vegetables:
Include ample of fruits and vegetables in your regular diet. Eat fruits containing vitamin c, which will provide ample of energy. You can club lots of fruits and eat as a delicious fruit salad. Even blend some fruits to make fruit juices. Fresh fruit juices are a rich source of carbohydrates and vitamins that are beneficial for good health. Fruits like watermelon, plums, mangoes, grapes, pears, and berries are good to beat the summer heat.
Greasy and junk food:
Avoid food that is greasy, oily, and fried. The food that contains a lot of spices and pungent taste should be kept away. Do not consume stale or leftover food, as they contain harmful bacteria. Eat fresh food that is cooked just an hour before. Consume lots of steamed vegetables rather than relishing on fried and cooked veggies.
Cut down the drinks:
Cut down the intake of coffee, tea, or carbonated drinks. Minimize the consumption of alcohol during summers. The carbonated drink contains acids that make your more dehydrated. Even the caffeine in coffee triggers the dehydration in your body. Replace all these harmful drinks with buttermilk, fruit juices, and traditional drinks- sherbet prepared from Indian gooseberry, kokum, and raw mangoes. You may also enjoy herbal tea, which provides amazing relaxation and stamina.
Apart from this, you can take some extra efforts to beat the sizzling summers like:
- Opt for cotton full sleeves clothes to protect your skin from heat and sweat.
- Apply sunblock before you leave home, it will guard your skin against UV rays of the sun.
- Carry ample of water with you to keep yourself hydrated.
Keep some additional sweets to avoid loss of energy.
Hi, My wife facing vaginal bleeding after sex. Her periods skip normally and this time she took pills to stop her periods. Please help me out.
Mine gf suffer from white liquid comes out frm vagina on her periods date but still now it has been note came wht I should (v hd nt dne anything tht effect it)
Having PCOS taking fertility treatment for 1 year. Failed 2 IUI with gonadotrophins and clomid along with progesterone supplements. Have done HSG my tubes are open and semen count is normal too along with other reports. My gynaecologist suggesting hysteroscopy. Shall I undergo it? What are possible advantages and disadvantages of this procedure? What is the cost of hysteroscopy in India bangalore.
A woman is an extraordinary and beautiful creation of nature, and it is natural that she would want to see herself as perfect and complete. And, staying sexually attractive is one of the major factors that motivate a woman to seek the benefits of Cosmetic Gynaecology. Cosmetic Gynaecology or Intimate Aesthetic Surgery covers procedures which alter the appearance of female external genitalia and make it seem more natural and youthful. These methods, aid in correcting congenital defects, enhances the self*confidence of a woman, and positively affects the intimacy she shares with her partner.
With age and life events like childbirth, the vagina and labia often change in appearance and structure, which not only hampers the feeling of self-worth in a woman, but also prevents her from enjoying sexual activities completely and Cosmetic Gynaecology emerges as the savior in such situations.
Here are some procedures, which are here to help the fairer sex rediscover the beauty of their body:
* Vaginal Rejuvenation: With the help of laser technique, this process helps in tightening the internal diameter of the vagina, when it gets stretched during birth or owing to genetic factors.
* Labiaplasty: Through this method, the contours of the labia majora or labia minora are changed. It may cover reconstruction, augmentation or reduction.
* Hymenoplasty: It is done to create a pseudo hymenal membrane from hymenal tissue, which already exists or non*hymenal soft tissue. The intention is to cause bleeding when the membrane tears during intercourse.
* Clitoroplasty: This procedure deals with the surgical transformation of the clitoris, which caters to conditions involving increased tissue volume. It can also aid in creating clitoris in transgender women.
* Clitoral Hood Reduction: The method is focused on the loose skin around the clitoris, and can be conducted during labiaplasty or as a separate procedure.
* Monsplasty: The contours of the Mons pubis can be changed through this process. It involves liposuction for the reduction of excess fat, subcutaneous fat, as well as skin. Often, techniques like laser and ultrasound are used during monsplasty.
* Perineoplasty: Repairing and restoration of the loose, ageing or injured perineum is taken care of through this method. Perineum is the area between the vagina opening and the rectum. And this procedure is usually helpful for women who don't heal efficiently after a vaginal delivery or experience scars.
So if you are worried about the structure or appearance of your intimate area, don't fret. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.