Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali NandwaniYour feedback matters!
I have some dental problem of right side. It is very painful. Some times it bleeds alot. Can you suggest me what should I do with this problem. please reply.
Does scaling or cleaning of teeth to make them white by a dentist can create sensitivity or pain in my teeth.
I m 26 years old. But my physic is not so good. Bone structure not growth. Seems like a 14 years of boy. Weight is 50. Lack of blood in my body. Eyes problem, bleeding in tooth, always feeling lazy whats is the reason behind all things.
I am 25 year old. My left side upper teeth getting pain when I using cold water some time same pain eating sweets. Could you suggest some remedies.
My mouth not opened due to chewing gutkha .only two fingers go to inside my mouth. How to solve this problem without medicine. And any effective medicine available please give Mr. reply.
Respected Sir, I suffer from ulcer in mouth again and again what I have to do is this problem occurs due to the inappropriate sleep.
Sir I get a bad smell from my mouth bt I brush daily. Can you tell any alternative. Methods to solve my prblm.
I have bruxism problems these have been developed due to neck stiffness issues that I've been facing since 3 years now. Bruxism has also lead to teeth clenching problem. Kindly suggest some solution to it . Will a mouth guard help? Thank you in anticipation.
I am suffering from dry mouth from last two month. When ever I go outside, within few minutes and so this problem starts, and I feel like thirsty so I drink water but within few minutes again the same thing happens. During that I drink lots of water and my stomach become full but after that also my mouth keep during. Please suggest me what should I do to get rid of this.
Your friends mean well when they tell you to put aspirin on your sore gums. But don’t listen to this old wives’ tale. Never put aspirin directly on your gums. Yes, it might provide some temporary relief. But aspirin is a highly caustic chemical, and it is irritating to the gum tissue. It could cause a fairly serious acid burn.
I do get mouth ulcer due to that I am not able to eat and my skin is also getting dull. Please help.
Is it true that brush should be used only once a day. The other time, we should clean our teeth with our fingers as using brush twice a day to clean one's teeth can spoil our teeth?
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.