Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali MasodkarYour feedback matters!
I am 17 year girl my boyfriend masturbated my vagina around a week ago and during masturbation he split off his liquid from his penis and again we started masturbating after doing this I took unwanted 72 a single medicine at the 3rd day after this activity? N almost after 12 days black bleeding occur and now it has being started as red what do I consider it as my period or something else?
I had an unprotected sex but next day between 24 hours I told unwanted 72 pill but now my periods are delayed by two days but fours days ago I had a brown discharge is there any reason of not getting my periods.
My friend is pregnant but in pregnancy she is not taking iron and calcium tablets any problem for the baby? Please tell me.
I and my girlfriend had unprotected sex after her 10th day from her date. I didn't released my sperm inside and I didn't inserted my penis deep on her. Does she get pregnancy? If "yes" what precautions should I take to break.
My girlfriend and me had sex on 19th april. After sex she took ipill. But in this month her period delaying still today. I took pregnancy stripe to test her pregnancy. And it was negative. Why her period is getting late? what should we do now. She took ipill first time during this year.
Is kissing and licking vagina of my wife is healthy. Secretions occurring in vagina can go in my mouth.
Hi, I am suffering from fungal infection in my vagina for many years now. It gets cured till the the time the medication is on. Once the medication is over it comes back. The discharge has a odour and is white in colour. Sometimes it is yellow and brown in color as well. It itches me a lot. I am worried if I will be able to conceive in future. It also pains me during sex. Please help.
Ladies, it is important that we must take good care of our body, but most of all we must pay specific attention to the health of our vagina. The vagina is a tube-like muscular structure of the female genital tract that extends from the cervix to the vulva. It is a delicate organ which is prone to injuries and infections. Complications related to urination, menstruation and sexual intercourse, all affect the vaginal health.
Here are five questions associated with vaginal problems that are commonly experienced, but rarely discussed:
- Why does it feel itchy before menstruation?: The hormonal cycle reduces the amount of estrogen secreted right before the period starts. This reduces the moisture content of the inner membranes of the vagina; the skin becomes thinner and slightly dry, which can cause itching. However, if the itching and burning sensation is too severe, it could be an infection and should be checked out.
- What is the white discharge?: The greasy white discharge is due to the ovulation cycle. It usually occurs once a month because the amount of secretion increases right before ovulation. Some women may experience this discharge more frequently, but it is nothing to worry about unless there is an unpleasant odor. Odorous discharge could be a sign of bacterial infection.
- How often should you have a vaginal examination?: You should get a vaginal examination at least once a year. This is important for a general health assessment and the prevention of sexually transmitted diseases. If you are using birth control medication, there might be irregularity in the hormonal cycles and this can lead to a number of conditions, another reason to get an annual vaginal examination.
- Does it smell differently at different times?: It usually smells differently for every woman and even that unique smell changes with the cycles of ovulation and menstruation due to changes in the pH level of the vagina. The normal vaginal pH value is between 3.8 and 4.6. Before menstruation, it may smell acidic followed by a bitter smell for a few days after menstruation. It may also smell differently after a workout (due to sweat) or after sex (due to lubrication). However, a foul smell accompanied by discharge, might be a cause for concern.
- Why does it feel dry sometimes?: Vaginal dryness is normally experienced by women after the age of 45 or after pregnancy. However, dryness is also common just before menstruation. It also happens in women who use anti-allergy medications or birth control pills because they cause dryness in all the mucous membranes of the body.
I feel excruciating pain and burning sensation during penetration. Due to this we are not able to have intercourse. Please help. Thank you.
Married last month and I had unprotected sex 15 days back and now my wife missed her period, according to our money status we do not want any baby so please help me how to get rid of pregnancy without abortion.
Hi. i am 3 months pregnant .i am not eating any food, can you please suggest me which kind of food to take during pregnancy till 9th month.
Good afternoon lyb doc, I stil not had my periods. Last month I had on 18 Feb. V had our intercourse on 13 March. So please suggest me. I usually have my periods 30- 33 days. Nd stil I have not undergo pregnancy test. Shall I wait for another 4- 5 days or undergone test. Or shall I take menstrual tablets after 4 days. I am confused. please suggest me.
It’s onset of festive season and also a heavy travelling time in India. Very often many people feel unwell while travelling. This problem is called Motion Sickness. Many of us, irrespective of age, feel sick while on road trips. This does extend to other modes of transports as well. Some common symptoms of motion sickness are fatigue, nausea, pale skin, headache, vomiting, increased salivation, sweating and dizziness. They usually occur when the motion begins and stop with the motion. Some ways to combat motion sickness with natural remedies are:
1. Ginger: Ginger is well known for its effectiveness in motion sickness. Ginger's primary active chemical component is Gingerol has been scientifically proven to be a valuable anti-motion sickness agent.
You can have ginger in tea, or as juice mixed with lemon juice, or just swallowing half a teaspoon of freshly chopped ginger with or without honey, before you travel. Ginger 500mg capsules are available in the market that also can be taken. It has antiemetic properties which reduce motion sickness and also aids digestion which in turn helps avoid nausea. Ginger is safe for even pregnant women and children.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar - It is helpful in many health conditions, motion sickness being one of them. It has alkaline and pH balancing effect on our bodies, this helping cure motion sickness. In a cup of lukewarm water, add a tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Drink this about half an hour before you are due to travel and give it some time to settle. If already suffering from motion sickness, then rinse your mouth with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar mixed in half a cup of water.
3. Peppermint - Drinking peppermint tea before travelling is an effective way to combat motion sickness. You can also keep peppermint candy with you and suck on to it slowly when you start feeling uneasy. Alternatively, drop a few drops of peppermint oil on your handkerchief and smell it whenever you don't feel good.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Love:It does make the world go round. With millions of songs and movies that have this emotion in its center, can it really be any other way? From early life, love acts as a security blanket from our parents, a growing up adventure with siblings and an out of the world experience with pets. When you learn to care and love, it becomes a life habit that helps you find happiness in all situations.
In several Harvard studies over the years on finding the 'secret of happiness'and the connection between happiness, health, and love, one common undisputed fact emerged that love and good relationships keep you healthier and happier. There really is no medicine like having someone to love and share a life with. Note that you need these reasons for being in love but it is great to know them any way.
- The heart and love connection: Our heart has been connected with the emotion of love for so many reasons. Historically, the heart was thought to be the seat to thinking, emotions and memories. It beating extra hard during excitement and love gave an automatic connection to the two. This popular notion continued to take center stage even after it was scientifically proven that the heart only pumped blood while the brain took up other functionalities. The association remains strong until date where the beating heart as a life source is associate with love - which makes life a happy place.
- Love can boost your immune system: A research by Ronald Glazer and Jan Kiecolt-Glaser suggested that couples who engaged in positive conflict resolution had a higher functioning immune system than those who didn't. Which means, if you get into an argument, you need to play fair and play nice. Couples who argued and stonewalled showed a larger decline in their immediate immune system functioning. Some connection!
- Love more, live longer: According to a 2004 study by the CDC, married couples had the lowest mortality rates. Generally speaking, people who are in committed, loving relationships experience less stress which translates to improved heart health. Happy and loving relationships also coax us into giving up risky behaviours like smoking, especially when you want to raise a family. This in turn propels a healthy lifestyle.
- It can reduce your pain: Pain is a feeling when we are physically harmed internally or externally and its intensity is controlled by our brain. But the heart plays an equally important role in its intensity - i.e. reducing it. If you hold the hand of the person you love, it can minimize your feelings of pain. No wonder then that women in labor hold their husband's hand to tide through the pain!
- Love can keep your heart happy: Love increases the feeling of bliss and elevates you into a different sphere of optimism, energy and sense of well being - all of which go into keeping your heart healthy.
I had unprotected sex with my bf on 13, 14, 15 May without condom and did not take the ipill also. Today visited a lady gyano doctor she advice me not to take the pill as I was out of my ovulation period which starts from 19th May 15 days after last period. She asked me to wait till my periods and consult her if I don't have periods.
Uterine cancer is also known as endometrial cancer and it mostly affects the middle aged women. The uterus of a woman is a muscular organ. The cancer can affect any part of the uterus and is more common in women having obesity, diabetes and hypertension. In most cases, the cancer starts in the endometrium, hence called endometrial cancer. Uterine cancer can be cured using any of the following methods:
- Surgical removal of the uterus along with ovaries, lymph nodes and fallopian tubes
- Radiation therapy
Although uterine cancer is curable, it's always a better option to prevent it. You cannot control all the causes for uterine cancer like those related to heredity. But other than that, here are a few ways in which you can prevent suffering from uterine cancer:
- Control body weight: Keep your body weight in control. Obesity can pose a huge risk of getting affected with uterine cancer. The fat in the body produces estrogen, which promotes the growth of uterine lining that is the Endometrium and may lead to Endometrial cancer.
- Breast feed: If you are lactating, then the risk of the cancer decreases, as breast feeding decreases ovulation as well as estrogen activities.
- Treat abnormal bleeding: If you are suffering from any type of abnormal bleeding, be that heavy periods, bleeding even after you reached menopause or if you start bleeding between two period cycles, consult your doctor immediately. Abnormal bleeding is the symptom of endometrial hyperplasia, which might eventually turn cancerous.
- Exercise: As already said earlier, keep your weight under control to avoid uterine cancer. Exercise to avoid increase in weight leading to obesity. It also reduces the estrogen level in your body.
- Healthy food: Healthy food is the key to avoid any disease, be that a common cold or uterine cancer. Eat a healthy and balanced diet everyday to be fit and bouncing.
- Birth control pills: It is believed that the intake of birth control pills helps to keep uterine cancer at bay.
So eat healthy, exercise and adopt healthy habits. Then nothing can stop you from enjoying life to the fullest.