Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AnjaliYour feedback matters!
Respected doctor, I am obese, and 22 year old female, I had my last menstrual period from 11 march-14 march. Since then. I missed my period, on 10 today doc prescribed me to a medicine which reduce stress, but I can't follow it. On 29 April I go to another hospital and they prescribed me methridoxyprogestrone acetate and my upt is negative .it take the medicine for 4-5 days. On 10 may I got my period up to 5 days. I can't go for blood test and ultrasound due to my busy schedule. I seen hair growth too on my face. Now, 13 June and I didn't get my period. I adopt healthy lifestyle, I reduced 2 kg of weight, I drink double tanned milk once morning and then in night. Today I go to same doctor who prescribe me with stress reduction medicine, she prescribed me with primolut n.and not advising for blood test and ultrasound now. Please help doc. What can I do?
Meri wife ko as 19 years hai and see have problem in her lower abdomen pain is there and swelling also is not getting her period on time. What should i do for that which medicine is perfect for her.
Hi mam, am a 27 years male got married 8 months back. We are eager to have a baby soon but my wife date is postponing upto 10 days and again mensuration happening. We consult doctor and took all the test preferred by doctor. All the result are positive but still my wife can not able to get pregnant soon. Can you pls suggest ways to get pregnant soon.
Does vaginal canal tightens if we do not do sex for 2 year as before I do sex 9 10 times in a month for about a year with my partner but I skip all these due to some reason I am giving gap of 2 year I will not do anything in these 2 years if even do not touch vagina them vagina get tighten or not as I am getting married After 2 year please tell me clearly.
I am 6 months pregnant, I sleep in left side maximum but when I want to turn to right side I forget to get up and turn, Will that make severe problems?
I have minor pcod prblm so my periods is irregular. My Dr. recommend me some tablets T3 and Apcod obis since 4 months. She told me that after 4 months your periods is regural n no problem. But still my date is 19th but missed this date. What should I do. Plsss tell me fast.
Wearing narrow shoes can cause bunions. A bunion is a bony growth on the inside of the first toe joint. It is seen in both men and women but more common in women ostensibly due to the habit of wearing narrow, and pointed and high heeled shoes and footwear.
I am 24 years old female, I delivered a baby girl 10 months ago, the delivery was scissor. Now I feel waist and back pain so much. What shall I do now? Will any exercise help me out of this?
I am suffering from pcos from last 6-7 yrs. I am 23 years old nw. I am a bit obese also. I have taken medications like krimson35 ,duoluton l, deviry 10 mg bt I get periods whenever I take these medicines. Otherwise my periods r very irregular. What should I do?
Any kind of bleeding from the uterus, which is not normal, can be termed as abnormal uterine bleeding. This refers to bleeding between periods or before periods, bleeding after having sex, spotting, abnormally heavy bleeding or bleeding after attaining menopause. If you are suffering from any of these issues, you need to consult with the doctor.
It is very important to diagnose abnormal uterine bleeding. There are several examinations and tests that have to be carried out, depending on age. For irregular spotting, a pregnancy test can be undertaken in case you think you could be pregnant. If your uterine bleeding is very heavy, a test has to be performed to check blood count. This is done to observe whether you have anemia. An ultrasound test of the pelvic region will also be advised by your doctor to know the cause of the bleeding. Several hormonal tests and thyroid function tests are required as well.
Other diagnostic tests include:
- Sonohysterography: When fluid is placed within the uterus and ultrasound images of the uterus are taken. An image of the pelvic organs is obtained.
- Hysteroscopy: It can be carried out when a device is inserted via the vagina and enables the doctor to examine the uterus internally.
- Magnetic resonance imaging: This is also used to get images of the organs.
- Endometrial biopsy: It involves insertion of a catheter to take out a tissue which is microscopically observed.
There are different types of treatment for abnormal uterine bleeding depending upon factors such as the cause of bleeding and the age of the patient.
- Medications: Several medicines are used to treat abnormal uterine bleeding. Sometimes hormonal medicines are used. Birth control pills are also used to improve the regularity of periods. Hormonal infections, vaginal creams and an IUD device releasing hormone can be used. Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are also used to control bleeding. Several antibiotics may also be prescribed.
- Surgery: In some cases of abnormal uterine bleeding, a woman has to undergo a surgery for the removal of growth such as polyps and fibroids, which results in bleeding. While some fibroids can be removed via hysteroscopy, others require different techniques for treatment.
- Endometrial ablation: It can be undertaken to control bleeding. This mode of treatment aims at reducing the bleeding permanently. In case all treatment methods fail, hysterectomy has to be carried out. This is a serious surgery and after it is performed, a woman does not have periods anymore and will not be able to conceive a child.
Abnormal uterine bleeding is a serious health condition, which may lead to severe complications. Immediate diagnosis and appropriate treatment methods should be undertaken in case of any abnormal uterine bleeding.