Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AnjaliYour feedback matters!
You could call the fruit kela (banana) nature’s convenience food. They are widely available, inexpensive, and found in their own natural packaging. You don’t need to wash them, and you can eat them on the go and at any time of day. From a baby’s first weaning food to a snack that seniors with chewing difficulties can easily manage, kela can be enjoyed throughout your life.
Kela vary in size. According to the US Department of Agriculture, one medium kela will give you just over 100 kcal and 3 grams of fibre (around 10 per cent of your daily fibre needs). They’re rich in potassium (13 per cent of your daily needs), which helps to maintain healthy blood pressure. Kela also provide vitamin C and are naturally free from fat, cholesterol and sodium.
Three things to do with Kela:
•Bake them: Simply slit open the skin with a knife and pierce the kela with sliced almonds. Bake until soft and the colour has brightened a little. Serve with low fat yogurt. Katcha kela, or plantain, is used like root vegetables in savoury dishes. You can bake them too – they take longer to bake, but can be enjoyed with a sprinkle of chili powder and lemon juice.
•Freeze them: Freeze slices of kela and use them as fruity ice cubes, a snack to replace sweets, or whizzed up in a blender with milk and strawberries for a refreshing smoothie.
•Spice them: Heat mustard seeds and cumin seeds in a pan with a little oil; add thick slices of kela and sauté with haldi and chili (add a little water to prevent it from sticking). Top this with freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with chapatti. A tasty sweet and spicy dish!
I am 10 weeks pregnant and my gyne has not asked for any blood test so far. She said come after a month and then we 'll have some tests. By that time I ll be 14 weeks. She did ask to get an ultrasound done which was fine. But I don't understand why she is not asking for any blood test. I didn't say anything to her thinking she might not like a patient questioning her. What to do?
If a person having unprotected sex. And after 6-7 hours his partner have periods. Then how much there be a chance of being pregnant?
I Want to get conceive. I had periods last month 27 after that we had sex on my 4th day with slight bleeding but now I am getting slight pricking pain in my abdomen can you kindly tel why is this doctor.
Post my 1st baby birth I gained so much weight she is 1 year old so now what will better for loose weight?
Hello, My wife is going through irregular periods (PCOD/PCOS. It takes about two to three months for periods that too forcefully through doctor prescribed pills. What kind of do's and don'ts should be done. She is having Myonext Pills currently. Please guide with the diet and exercise helpful for making this cycles normal as soon as possible. Thank you.
Balance disorders are a combination of physiological factors that can make you feel unsteady or dizzy. While sitting, standing or lying down, you may feel as if you are floating, moving, or spinning and you may feel dizzy and dazed for the time being. This disorder can intervene in your daily activities of life, and can even lead to falls and accidents, which may cause you to end up with fractures and other types of injuries.
What causes balance disorder?
A combination and coordination of many body systems such as muscles, bones, vision, the balancing organ within the ear, heart and nerves help maintain normal balance. Dysfunction of these systems can lead you to encounter balance problems. Balance disorders can be caused by many types of conditions.
Some of the causes of the disorder are:
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV): This occurs due to dislodged or displaced calcium crystals in the inner ear, which help you maintain balance. It is the most commonly found cause of vertigo. A spinning sensation while turning in bed is a common sign.
- Migraines: Migraines are a general cause of dizziness. Sensitivity to motion can also be caused by migraines. It can also lead to motion sickness, which is dizziness experienced when traveling in boats, cars or airplanes.
- Head injury: A severe concussion can also cause vertigo.
- Ramsay Hunt syndrome: Commonly known as zoster otitis, this condition affects the nerves close to the ears. It can be attributed to hearing loss, vertigo and pain in the ear.
- Vestibular problems and nerve damage: Damaged nerves in the legs can cause difficulty in movement and locomotion. Abnormalities and dysfunctions in the inner ear can lead to a sensation of dizziness and a heavy head.
How do you know if you have balance disorder?
Some of the characteristic symptoms of this condition include:
- Blurred vision
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blood pressure
- Depression and anxiety
- Psychological disorientation
- Fluctuations in blood pressure and heart rate
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?
I have pcod problem andhaveirregularperiod This month period. Start ed since 25 days till little bleeding Please can U give me reason and advise.
Collagen a structural protein in animals is a quick healer of wounds. The collagen of cows or pigs carries a risk of transmitting foot and mouth disease. At donghua university in shanghai has found an alternate collagen. Conducted on rats, the study found their wounds healed faster using nano fibres from the collagen found in tilapia fish than those rats that didn't have collagen dressing with no adverse reaction to it
I'm 22 years old. I am pregnant with 22 weeks. Right now I am not ready for this pregnancy. I just got married 7 months back. Please help me. I can't take this baby right now in my situation.
Sir. Doctor confirmed me that my wife is pregnant for 6 weeks 6 days And after doing two ultrasound scans doctor is saying that baby has heartbeat but growth is not as expected. Even baby has 6 weeks6 days growth is like 6 weeks 3 days. Is there any thing to worry please suggest me.
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.