Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anjali
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnjaliYour feedback matters!
Hello! I'm 34 yrs planning for baby. I'm having partner duct cyst. If take folic acid tablets will it harm me. Does folic acid tablets help to conceive fast? Please suggest
I have to do sex for the first time with my partner using condom will it be safe for her will she not become pregnant.
We are planning for a baby from last few months. I had my last period on 6th jan and I did not get periods until 21st feb. I got negative urine test and I got periods on 22nd feb. Generally my periods are on time but this month it was 16 days delayed. Will it be miscarriage? What would have happened?
Hi, I had a miscarriage on sep 2017. I am planning to get pregnant again. Should I take folic acid tablets before trying to get pregnant? If so what tablet should I take and how long?
I have a benign hydrosalphinx in my ovary for last several years. I undergo health check every year . Is it advisable to leave it as it is or remove it surgically.
Hi im a newly married female. I want to get pregnant. Im little fat. Please suggest me some tips or methods for getting pregnant. My husband was using condom for protection. But from 2 months we are not using any protection and planning for pregnancy but its unsuccessful. My periods are regular.
I'm 21 unmarried please suggest me how lift my breast I can't able to use my all dress I am feeling shy about this my weight is 66. 3 kg I think this is also a reason for that.
Our kidneys act as filters which constantly flushes out toxins and excess minerals with water in form of urine. Urine contains lots of minerals which may precipitate and form stones. Urine has lots of pro-precipitating agents and anti-precipitating agents. When their balance disturbs due to some disease, stones start forming. These stones may often lead to abdominal pain which is referred to as renal colic.
What exactly is renal colic?
Renal or ureteric colic is the term used for typical pain in one side of abdomen in flank region starting from back and radiating forward towards lower abdomen up to scrotum. This is usually associated with nausea, vomiting and urinary discomfort. There may be blood in urine.
How kidney stones are related to renal colic?
Kidney stones usually form inside kidney and lies there without causing any pain. But whenever they are dislodged and stuck at mouth of kidney (pelvis) or anywhere in ureter, they block the passage of urine of that kidney. This causes swelling in kidney termed as hydronephrosis. This swelling in kidney causes renal / ureteric colic. This colic is protective phenomenon and tries to push out the stones. Small stones do come out in urine by this natural process. This spontaneous expulsion of small stones is common and many local practitioners used to get credit of it feigning benefit of their medicine. However large stones need some form of intervention to come out. Otherwise, they do harm to kidneys in long term.
Symptoms of kidney stones along with renal /ureteric colic -
- Most stones which are lying in calyces of kidney are asymptomatic
- Nausea & vomiting
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Fever with chills
- Foul smelling urine
- Hesitency, frequency and burning in urination
- Blood in urine (urine with a reddish, pink or brownish hue)
- Passage of small stones in urine
Treatment of renal colic
Treatment of ureteric/renal stones involves control of symptoms and stone removal.
- Expectant Treatment or Medical Expulsion Therapy: Small stones of less than 4 mm size usually pass on its own and some medicines like alpha-blockers and steroid hasten up their expulsion. Medium size stone (4-6 mm), sometimes passes with aid of these medications. But stones larger than 6 mm usually require intervention.
- Lithotripsy: This method involves breaking of stones by shock waves into small dusty particles which pass through urine on its own. This is usually suitable for stones upto 1.5 cm and lying in kidneys. This is non-operative treatment which can be done on OPD or Daycare basis.
- Ureteroscopy (URS): This method involves entry of very thin semirigid scope through urethra into ureter. Stone is broken by LASER and removed. This involves single day admission and spinal anaesthesia.
- RIRS- Retrograde Intra Renal Surgery: In this method very thin flexible scope in maneuvered through urethra into the upper ureter and pelvi-calyceal system of kidney. Stones in kidney or upper ureter are broken by LASER and removed. This is also done under anaesthesia and requires a day admission.
- Mini- PCNL: This method is suitable for large renal stones. In this technique, a small hole is made into the kidney through back and tiny scope is entered into the kidney. Stones are broken by LASER and removed. This is done under anaesthesia and require two to three days admission. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
In today’s world, we are going back to basics with a conscious effort to eat organically grown and home cooked food for a fit body. This is due to the fact that there has been a revival of many age old wellness movements like Ayurveda. Ayurveda is an ancient medical field that relies on the use of massages, oils and herbs for the resolution of various ailments. As per Ayurveda and other arms of holistic medical fields, green tea is an ingredient that is highly beneficial for the health.
Read on to know more about the health benefits of green tea:
- Antioxidants and Bioactive Compounds: Green tea consists of a number of bioactive compounds that can improve one’s health. These bioactive compounds include polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins which are best known as antioxidants. The formation of free radicals in the body is curbed by these substances which can further prevent aging and other ailments. The EGCG or Epigallocatechin Gallate is one of the most powerful antioxidants that can be found easily in green tea.
- Brain Function: There are also a number of brain boosting minerals and compounds found in green tea. These substances improve the brain function and keep away the signs of aging when it comes to this area. Caffeine is one of the key ingredients in green tea. This ingredient acts as a vital stimulant, which keeps the brain well functioning. Also, it has a positive effect on the neurons and neurotransmitters that are released by the brain. These neurotransmitters include dopamine and norepinephrine. In this way, green tea also reduces the risk of falling prey to conditions like Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s Disease.
- Fat Burning: Green tea is an excellent fat burning supplement that is fast gaining popularity in the weight management market. The various elements of green tea help in boosting the rate of metabolism and increasing the fat burning process. This is due to the fact that it increases the expenditure of energy to a great degree. Green tea is also credited with the mobilisation of various fatty acids that can be found in the fat tissue of the body.
- Cancer: Green tea also reduces the risk of cancer because it has a number of antioxidants. It helps in the prevention of various kinds of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer and even colorectal cancer.