Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali ChoudhuryYour feedback matters!
We are thinking of taking a chance but we don't know what precautions we have to take while planning pregnancy ?
My wife has pregnant for 2 weeks. Is it possible abortion by medicine? If yes then which type of medicine will be effective and surely happen abortion. Please help and support us because we don't want any child right now.
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
- Imbalance in the level of calcium : Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmful for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone:The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme, which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+), which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar, such as
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time, but unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases.
I am 11 weeks pregnant thru ivf, from few days having terrible cough. Not able to sleep whole night. Cough is affecting on my tummy as well. Will this cough harm my baby. Please suggest .thanks.
Hi, I am a 21 year old college student. I was making out with my girlfriend last night. We were both in our underpants. There came a point when I ejaculated in my underwear while having the intercourse. Her underwear was a little wet too. Is there a possibility of her getting pregnant through this?
I am having a problem of vaginismus. Married for 3 years yet couldn't do anything. I hv consulted a gynaecologist nd she prescribed me a medicine since I dnt gt any feelings also a gel for stimulation. No use. I am scared of pain. I want to knw d best to reduce my pain nd my fear.
Please tell me the best contraceptive tablet in the market for my girlfriend to avoid pregnancy? Also guide me how and when to take that tablet? Thank you.
I am 21 year old I have done pregnancy test with home kit I got negative bt still my period not came.
I am 21 years old female. I am having less blood percentage of 5. Is beetroot enough to increase blood percentage. What type of food should I add to increase blood percentage. Is medicines solv s my problem?
My wife monika was 28 week pregnant and she is was a patient of SLE from 2011. On 8th march 2017 she had a headache but she tells it's normal headache, because she was pregnant so she can't take any pain kill. But the pain remains we take her to hospital and Doctor check her BP it's approx 190/120. Doctor gave her a tablet. After 5 min she had a major stroke and BP goes over 200. Doctor gave her emergency treatment and refer her to Bhopal Bansal hospital. In bansal hospital doctors told me that she had a stroke so we have to terminate the pregnancy. And they did the operation and terminate the pregnancy. Now she is in HDU and BP is 140/92. My wife and my family is very upset. Please suggest me that we have chance of baby in future. She is very upset.
Doctor, my girl is having her periods now. She said that this time the blood shed was too low comparing the last time she had. Is there anything to worry about this doctor?
Cloves provide relief from toothache and this is one of the main reasons why you will see them listed as an Ingredient in 99% of toothpastes.
2. Nausea and vomiting:
Cloves and clove oil, when taken together, can provide relief from Nausea.
3. Cough and breath:
Cough and bad breath can be cured by consuming cloves. These are very common problems that we all face and can be very well treated by the consumption of cloves on a daily basis. You can do this by including them in your dishes and also as refreshments at any time of the day.
It is a good remedy for treating morning sickness. Take around ten grains of cloves, mix them with tamarind and palm sugar and make it into a nice mixture using water. Drink this solution twice a day as an effective treatment.
Common cold can be treated effectively by drinking a lukewarm mixture made with ten drops of clove oil and honey. Drink it twice or thrice a day.
The sex center is in the limbic system near hypothalamus in the brain. The brain receives sensory signals and transmits messages to the muscles and blood vessels.
The sensory pathways especially from the five special senses- touch, sight, hearing, smell and taste - play an important role in the sexual arousal.
Testosterone is a powerful hormone, with the ability to control sex drive, regulate sperm production, promote muscle mass, increase energy, and even influence human behavior (such as aggression and competitiveness). It’s no wonder that a decrease in testosterone would cause quite a stir. However, it is a natural part of aging.
In the womb
Testosterone plays an important role in shaping the developing fetus during pregnancy. It drives the development of the male reproductive system. Testosterone also masculinizes the brain. Testosterone levels have to fall within a very narrow margin in order for the fetal brain to be healthy. High levels of fetal testosterone may be linked to autism. Low levels of fetal testosterone may boost your chances of getting alzheimer’s disease later in life.
Adolescence to early adulthood
Testosterone levels are at their highest during adolescence and early adulthood. The first physical signs of testosterone, or androgens, in the body are apparent during puberty. A boy’s voice changes, his shoulders broaden, and his facial structure becomes more masculine. But as men get older, their testosterone levels decline about 1 percent per year after age 30.
Testosterone and aging
Low testosterone levels can cause changes in sexual function, including:
Reduced sexual desire, or low libido
Fewer spontaneous erections
Impotence (erectile dysfunction)
Other signs of decreased testosterone levels include:
Changes in sleep patterns
Emotional changes, such as low self-confidence or lack of motivation
Physical changes, like increased body fat, reduced muscle bulk and strength, and decreased bone density
The normal range of testosterone levels in healthy adult males is between 280 to 1, 100 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dl).
While the symptoms described here are considered a normal part of aging, they could also be signs of several underlying factors. These include:
A reaction to certain medications
Thyroid gland disorders
Excessive alcohol use
The best time of day to have a blood sample taken for a testosterone test is around 8 a.m.