Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali AroraYour feedback matters!
My son is 11 months old baby, now only my period is come, I would like to plan a next baby. Is this OK for that my health.
A novel study from Karolinska Institutet and University of Michigan in the U.S. shows that gaining weight from one pregnancy to the next can increase the risk that women will face stillbirth or lose their second babies within the first year of life.
SWEDEN : A novel study from Karolinska Institutet and University of Michigan in the U.S. shows that gaining weight from one pregnancy to the next can increase the risk that women will face stillbirth or lose their second babies within the first year of life. The findings are being published in The Lancet and build on data from more than 450,000 women in Sweden.
"These tragic events are still very rare among infants of mothers with high weight gain. However, as many women gain weight between pregnancies, our results are very important from a public health perspective", says principal investigator Sven Cnattingius, professor of reproductive epidemiology at Karolinska Institutet.
In their study, researchers reviewed data from the first two pregnancies of nearly 457,000 women who gave birth in Sweden from 1992 to 2012. The women's information was recorded in the Swedish Medical Birth Register, which since 1973 has collected information on about 98 percent of all births in that country. Weight was assessed at the beginning of each pregnancy. The results show that stillbirth risk rose with larger gains in body mass index (BMI) from first to second pregnancy. Compared with women who kept their weight, women whose BMI increased more than four units had a 50 percent increased risk of stillbirth.
Among women of normal weight in first pregnancy, high weight gain also increased the risk of infant mortality: when their BMI increased by 4 units or more, risk of infant mortality increased by 60 percent. On the other hand, the results also point to the opposite situation. Women who were overweight by their first pregnancy, defined as a BMI of 25 or more (corresponding to at least 70 kg of women with average height), but who lost weight before the second pregnancy, reduced their risk of infant mortality.
Every fifth women in the study material gained so much weight that it influenced risks of stillbirth and infant mortality (i.e. at least 2 BMI units, corresponding to 5.5 kg). However, the researchers point out that stillbirth and infant mortality are very rare events in Sweden, and only 2.4 per 1000 births resulted in a stillbirth and 2.1/1000 in infant mortality. There are annually around 100,000 births in Sweden.
"Previously, we have published that risks of stillbirth, infant mortality and morbidity increase with maternal weight, and in this new study we find that find that weight gain influence mortality risks. Taken together, our results support the conclusion that mother's weight per see may influence infant chances of survival", says Dr Cnattingius. "Still, the explanation for the findings is still speculative. We cannot differentiate from the data whether it is the weight gain during the pregnancy or in between pregnancies that is of significance".
Financial support was provided by the Swedish Research Council for Health, Working Life and Welfare, and a Karolinska Institutet Distinguished Professor Award to Sven Cnattingius.
I had sex with my boyfriend and he word 2 condoms but it's not leaked even though i'm getting very scare of pregnancy and next day morning when I go to toilet 6 to 7 drops were bleeding i'm getting very scare please suggest me.
I have a question for my period it is not regular my age is 22 I m unmarried my cycle is some time 32 day some time 40 day.
My wife is pregnant just doctor confirm but she is continuous womet, she is not digest water also. What shall I do?
Hello what precaution will be taken in 4th month of pregnancy and which fruit be best for pregnancy and which fruit will be avoided.
Hi mam ,meri shaadi 2013 me hui h ab tk koi baccha nhi h .meri friend ne ek process k bare me bataya I.U.I process k baare me bataya h, uski ek Baar process hui magar wo ek month k baad hi fail ho gyi thi .uske baad usne wohi process ghar me ki apne husband k sperm le k disposal syringe me daal k apne utress me insert kar k inject kiya n she got pregnant. Usne mujhe bhi aisi Salah di h.kya aise ghar me ki gyi process (i.u.i) se ghar me pregnant hone k chances hote h?
I am a scabies patient and i am pregnant in my 8th month pregnancy how can it harm on my baby? please advise.
I want to have sex without condom how can I avoid pregnancy . Can I-piles are good. The girl is virgin. also will there be blood from her vagina. How can I overcome situation of bleeding and is that bleeding normal. The girl is quite thin.
Mam d&c ko 4 months ho gaye lekin period ni Aya (21 June 2016 d&c )pregnancy test bhi negative aaya hai. Medicine li (meprate + ovral) 1 month tak fir b nahi aaya period. Abhi do din pehle usg hui usme 13.7 mm ka embryo like tissue hai but not cardiac activity. And endometrial thickness 16. 3 mm hai. To kya aisa possible ho sakta hai ki medicine leke k beech hi conceive ho gya n dead bhi ho gya .to nam fir period ya destroy tissue khud se thoda bhi bahar kyun nahi aaya. Abhi muje d&c prescribed ki gayi hai. Aap btaye muje samjha kar ke ki ye kya hai aur aage kya karna future k liye sahi hoga because I am newly married. Marriage date 6 March 2016. Please help.
Hi, I am got pregnant of 20 days, but I want to do abortion as early as possible, so what will be solution?
A regular menstrual period is when you bleed for 5-6 days every month. A normal cycle is 11-13 menstrual periods every year. An irregular menstrual period is when there are less than 10 or more than 14 menstrual periods in a year.
Initially, when a teenage girl reaches puberty, the menstrual cycles are a little irregular. It takes a few months to a couple of years before the hormones are balanced and the cycles come in regular intervals.
Peri-menopausal women have extremely irregular periods, ranging from mere spotting in some months to severe bleeding and muscular cramps in the next few months. As a woman approaches menopause, there are wide fluctuations in hormones that cause the irregularity.
Other Causes Of Menstrual Irregularities-
Excessive weight gain or weight loss. Obesity has been found to cause menstrual irregularities.
Persistent physical exhaustion.
Increase in exercise. Heavy exercise and endurance regimes are known to cause missed or irregular periods.
Travelling, differences in temperature and weather conditions can affect periods.
Contraceptive pills and other birth control medications.
Other medical issues with the pelvic organs.
Inadequate rest and sleep.
Indulging in too much of processed or fried food.
Breastfeeding can cause menstrual irregularities and regain normalcy after it has been stopped completely.
Eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa or bulimia has been known to cause menstrual irregularities.
A balanced diet which includes enough proteins, calcium and vitamins.
Abstinence from caffeine and alcohol.
Light but regular exercising.
Take some medication after due consultation with a doctor.
Abstain from smoking or consuming tobacco in any form.
Take vitamin and folic acid supplements.
Get yourself checked for blood sugar or cholesterol.
Maintain an optimum body weight.
In case of missed periods for over 2 months, do a home pregnancy check up or visit the gynaecologist.
Stay away from situations that stress you and attempt to control your anxiety. Cultivate an activity that you enjoy, be optimistic and enjoy life.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I am a 26 year female. I want to get Non Hormonal IUD placed. May I know the price of IUD and the best one to be placed and any protocols to be followed for placement of IUD.
Hello everyone please help me I am trying to conceive since last 6 months. Yesterday I hav done ultrasound my egg size was 20 and then doctor gave me injection for for egg rupturisation and doc told me to have intercourse for 4-5 days but yesterday we didn't have intercourse. If we intercourse today den I can conceive? After egg ruptured for hoq many time it alive? And after injection it takes how much time to be rupture?
Hi I am 25 married before 7 months, I got pregnant in October 2015 and got abortion in 40 days then again I was pregnant in March 2016 and aborted in 35 days, I checked urine pregnancy test, also hcg it was positive in both time. I want to know is this normal or not, why such bad things happen to me. We are planing for baby. Please help me regard this. Is this often abortion normal?
Desire is an elusive thing, especially in women. Anything can disturb it like a scent, a wrong touch or physiological reasons like vaginal dryness. If you want the top ways to treat this desire-dampener, read on.
One of the most common causes of vaginal dryness is a decrease in estrogen levels during menopause or perimenopause, after childbirth or during breastfeeding.
- One in every three women falls prey to vaginal dryness during menopause. It can afflict younger women too for a couple of reasons like chemotherapy, breastfeeding, removal of ovaries, certain medicines and endometriosis.
- The moisture in vagina keeps it elastic and once it tapers off, interest in sex wanes and intercourse becomes painful and the vagina feels itchy and stretched. It becomes thinner too.
- The condition is diagnosed through a pelvic exam by your gynaecologist. And the good news is that it can be treated easily.
Topical oestrogen therapy is the most common treatment for vaginal dryness due to low oestrogen levels. This provides oestrogen to the vagina for relieving symptoms. You can choose one of these three types of vaginal oestrogen:
- Vaginal Oestrogen Ring: This can be inserted into the vagina. It is a soft and flexible ring and releases a steady stream of oestrogen directly to the vaginal tissues. It needs to be replaced every three months.
- Vaginal Oestrogen Tablet: This tablet can be inserted into your vagina with an applicator as per instructions of the gynaecologist.
- Vaginal Oestrogen Cream: This cream can be inserted into the vagina using an applicator again as per the doctor’s instructions.
Several side effects are associated with these estrogen products like vaginal bleeding and breast pain.
- It is also contra-indicated for women who have breast cancer or those with a history of endometrial cancer.
- If you have any vaginal bleeding or are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should not use such products.
- In order to keep the vagina more lubricated, try using a vaginal moisturizer like Replens, Lubrin instead.
- Using a water-based lubricant like Astroglide and K-Y jelly before intercourse can take away the pain of intercourse.
- Eat a diet rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and proteins.
- Include more of these- raw pumpkin, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and fish like salmon, mackerel and tuna for their fatty acid content. Also include foods with high plant oestrogens like flaxseed, soy, legumes, cherries, nuts, apples and celery.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
- And, last but not the least, do regular exercise. Twenty minutes of fast walking will keep your heart strong and up the blood supply to your pelvic region and improve your hormonal balance.
1) Watermelon - Watermelons have more water than pulp and are easily available. Not only will this relax you but also hydrates you at the end of a very tiring day.
2) Cucumber - With less than 20 calories in a cup of cucumbers, this hydrating food is ideal to carry with lunch boxes to work, or eat at home. They cool and hydrate you at the same time. The seeds are also known to be high in nutrients and health benefits.
3) Tomatoes - Tomatoes and their health benefits are widely known. They cool your stomach and hydrate you. Tomatoes are also good for diabetes and cardio-vascular problems, and are a rich source of many nutrients like dietary fiber, vitamins ? C, A, E, K and B6, potassium and many more.
4) Lemon - Lemon is a super food. Mixed with water, in different temperatures, it helps in weight loss to combating dehydration. Mixed in water with a pinch of salt and a spoonful of sugar, the lemon water mixture is known to cool, energise and hydrate the body.
5) Curd - This is a staple in most Indian homes. Store bought or homemade, it is good to eat a small bowl full of curd every day. A delicious coolant, you can spice it up any way you wish to - by adding fruits to it, or by adding masalas or by eating it straight with just a tiny pinch of salt.
6) Coconut water - Easily available on road sides, coconut water is your ideal drink on the go. While you can surely have it at home, it is highly recommended for students and professionals who are out in the sun, during the day. An immediate energizer, coconut water can be your savior from heat spells.
7) Melons - Just like watermelons, melons and muskmelons too have high water content. The fruit is said to have 90 percent water apart from the nutrients.
8) Buttermilk - Easy to make and easily available in the market, buttermilk can be customized as per individual taste. It is light in the tummy, cools and dehydrates the system.
9) Mint - An inexpensive herb, mint has amazing cooling qualities. Churn it into chutney or just drop a few leaves into your bottle of drinking water, these leaves will keep your insides cool and mind fresh with their mild fragrance.
10) Onions - Red onions in particular are known to have very high water content. Include them in your meals or have them raw, how you eat is up to you.
If you have any further questions, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.