Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anita Uniyal
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Anita UniyalYour feedback matters!
I am 30 year old female. In Sept 2014 had miscarriage in 3rd month of pregnancy. Was diagnosed to have subacute hypothyroidism (initially hyperthyroid and later hypothyroid) in September 2014. I am taking eltrxin 0.25mcg daily and now my TSH is 2.2. Iast my Cycles was in Aug 2015. No periods in Sept even after taking me prate for 5 days. Now taking L-arginine and folic acid. Kindly advise.
I am 27 years old. My pregnancy was of 11.4 weeks on 24-5-2015 but the foetal development is only 6.1 week. Why is this so? on the same day it got misscarriage. I just want to know if I give birth to this baby would that baby be normal or not?
Can two different multivitamin b taken simultaneously in a day thyobless and folli hair.Please tell.
I am 31" year old having 2 kids one 6 years old and other one 4 months old. On Feeding. I was taking multivitamins tablet prior to birth of my second kid. I want to ask A question that can I take Calcium Supplement tablet to Retain my Bones Strength. I am a Lactating women.
Hiii! Meri doctor ne mujhe Medroxyprogesterone 10 mg di suggest ki hai for missed period. 3 days .3 tablet for each day. Total 10 tablets .when my period comes after taking this?
Hot water falls on leg, Doc prescribed some medicines but feeding my baby breast milk that Medicine can take or not.
Hi, I am Komal. I am 24 years old. I have PCOD problem. I have started homeopathy treatment from last 7 months and also started Yoga 1 month back, but still I didn't have my periods. My weight is 52 kgs. Right ovary is 11.4 cc and left ovary is 15. 3 cc. What should I do? Thanks in advance!
Diphtheria is an infectious disease which occurs in the throat. Let us know more about what Diphtheria is.
What is Diphtheria?
Diphtheria is a serious infectious disease that affects the throat and is caused by bacteria and viruses which usually damage human tissue in the throat. Diphtheria is highly contagious and can be spread to other persons easily. It causes serious problems in people who have never been vaccinated. It can be identified by a sheet of grayish material covering the back of the throat. It generally affects children who are age below 15 years because their metabolism and the unity to fight germs is still not very strong. Earlier when it was untreatable, it even resulted in death.
Causes of Diphtheria:
There are many causes of Diphtheria. Let us have a look at them.
- Diphtheria is mostly caused by the bacterias Corynebacterium diphtheriae, which affects directly the tissues lining the throat and produce exotoxins which result in burning or lead to the break down of throat tissues and cells.
- Diphtheria is very contagious and can easily be transmitted to another person if one of them has it.
Symptoms of Diphtheria:
There are many common symptoms of diphtheria and we will talk about some of the most important ones.
- The patient suffers from low fever and tremendous weakness. The metabolism and the immunity system tends to get weak therefore resulting in an overall weakness present in the whole body.
- Since diphtheria attacks mostly the cells and tissues present in the throat inter results in swollen glands all over the neck of the patient.
- Diphtheria also results in the swelling of soft tissue which gives a 'bull neck’ appearance to the throat and neck.
- Often patients suffering from diphtheria are diagnosed with faster heart rates.
- Children who are below the age of 15 can face problems like vomiting, nauseated feelings and headaches.
Treatment for Diphtheria:
In most cases, diphtheria is treated with the help of two major ways.
- Antitoxin: when your doctor will suspect that you have been infected with diphtheria, he may give you an anti-toxin which neutralizes the already injected diphtheria toxin. It helps to fight the germs and bacteria present in the throat and provide with relief to the patient.
- Antibiotic: antibiotics like penicillin helps to kill the bacteria and helps to clear the throat from their presence. Therefore providing relief.
Wash your hands carefully if you have made a person who was affected with diphtheria and try to avoid any physical contact with that person also.
What are Autoimmune Disorders?
It is a disorder of the immune system where the immune system can get ‘hyperactive’ or on the other end of the spectrum can become exceptional slow in its response to germs and bacterium, leaving the individual vulnerable to a host of infections and diseases.
When in ‘Hyper mode’ the body’s immune system starts producing antibodies (White Blood Cells) attacking and damaging the body’s own tissues (Red Blood Cells) beyond repair. Treatment of the Auto-Immune diseases generally focuses on reducing the activity levels of the immune system so as to let the Red Blood Cells multiply and heal the body to an extent.
Not all Auto Immune diseases are life threatening or terminal in nature. Some are even classified as “commonly occurring” disorders in the larger population. Examples of these would be –
1) Psoriasis – A Skin disorder where overactive immune system blood cells called T-cells collect in the skin. The immune system activity stimulates skin cells to replicate rapidly, producing layers of silvery scaly plaques on the skin. These often look like ‘Dandruff’ and can be seen all over the individual’s body, accompanied by severe itching and skin irritability. Psoriasis is often triggered due to stress and hormonal imbalances along with other environmental factors such as poor hygiene, inadequate diet, lack of sleep etc. Along with oral medication, lifestyle changes such as reducing stress at work or home, making sure one gets at least 8 hours of restful sleep per night and regular head and body massages are known to help reduce the severity of the problem to a great extent.
2) Rheumatoid Arthritis – The hyper immune system produces antibodies that attach themselves to the joint linings and then start to eat away at the cartilage and tissues causing swelling or inflammation and a sharp stabbing continuous pain. Oral medication along with gentle cardio (slow walking) and stretching exercise routines such as Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates are known to have countered the ill-effects of this movement restricting disorder, to a large extent.
3) Aggravated Thyroid – An aggravated thyroid is a result of the excessive antibodies produced by an overactive immune system which attack the thyroid gland and slowly destroy the cells that produce the all-important thyroid hormone. Prolonged negligence or when left undetected for long, it often leads to Grave’s Disease (linked to hyperthyroidism) or Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis (linked to hypothyroidism.) The former can lead to weight-loss, bulging eyes, rapid heart-rate, and chronic fatigue while the later often causes sudden weight gain, depressed state of mind, dry skin and severe constipation. A good way to avoid diseases of the thyroid would be to maintain a healthy active lifestyle and a stable healthy body weight. It is also recommended that one goes in for regular preventive health check-ups for early detection of any thyroid related disorders.
A little can go a long way in limiting ill effects of autoimmune disorders.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Sometimes, the groin and scrotum swell due to the buildup of water like fluid in one or both the testicles. This is known as hydrocele. This condition is not at all painful, but can be uncomfortable at times. In newborn babies, there is an opening between the abdomen and the scrotum; it naturally closes with the passage of time, therefore it’s generally nothing to worry about.
Symptoms of hydrocele:
Scrotum can get enlarged at times
Swelling and redness are common in hydrocele
Also, pressure can be felt at the base of your child’s penis
Pain doesn’t normally occur but in some cases, might occur as your child gets older
How does in occur in babies?
When you are in the last stage of your pregnancy, the baby’s testicles descend from its abdomen to the scrotum. So the fluid in the sac stays within the scrotum and the opening closes naturally after some time.
Can it be treated?
This condition is not usually hazardous to health and is treated usually, if there is immense pain. It can also cut out the blood supply; in this case, it has to be treated as soon as possible. If your child experiences such symptoms, you should take him to a doctor for a physical examination. During this examination, the doctor will shine light near the scrotum.
If it appears as a solid mass, then the assumption is that there is no watery fluid; hence, hydrocele has not occurred. There is a procedure in which the hydrocele is burst open with a small needle, but sometimes, it might relapse. In such a case, surgery is the only reliable option. These symptoms can also persist if your child is diagnosed with hernia. Hence, in such a situation, a surgery would solve both the conditions. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!