Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Anita SharmaYour feedback matters!
Im 21 years I use to sleep 9 to 10 hours daily during night.in day time also getting sleep if I not slept means I wil be lazy, inactive and paining of legs .please help.
I have had laparoscopic appendectomy one month back. Now I'm leading a normal lifestyle. But even after one month I feel bloated and I'm experiencing kind of uneasiness after eating. Any solutions?
I read somewhere that anger anxiety stress can darken facial complexion. Before one month someone very close cheated me so badly I was totally disturbed And I was having a mixed feeling anger anxiety but now I realize that I should not waste my precious life for that person. So I want my confidence and Old myself back. I was not dark in complexion but from last One month my face looks so dark and dull I have dark circle also. If it is due to stress or anger than is there anything that could bring me my fare and bright skin back. I don't want any side effects of medicine so I would prefer some homeopathic treatment. please help it is very important for me to GEt my confidence back:)
I am 30 years old and have back pain last three months. I am taking pain relief tablet but does not effect. Solve the problem.
I am a 50 year old female. I am working in a pharma company as a office assistant. I am feeling severe backache when I got up in the morning. What should I do. Kindly suggest.
My mother age is 56 she is having severe back pain even after taking several medicine and applying ointment pain is not relief pl suggest what to do now.
I am 25 year old .I having pain back waist (up to twist hip) do. Captured x rey but normal and give medicine about leaver I relief but then close the medicine I having pain please consult me.
My legs and hands are not as thick as I should be. But body structure and arm structure is well, from below my elbow its thin and the upper portion of my heel are thin. My mother gave birth both me and my elder brother just 6 months after her heart surgery in 1991. So tablets were running even we were in the womb. But my elder brother is healthy rather fat. What is my remedy doctors?
I have pain in both knee joint. On examine x-ray. All normal but pain persist from last 3 days. What should I have to do?
I am 55 years now. I have undergone Angioplasty balloon surgery 5 years ago. I am taking clopilet, carvidelol, atrovastin, enalpril, vitamin and omega caps daily. For the last 4 months I have been getting pain some times severely at joints, wrists, foot and fingers. If I take paracetamol the pain willgoes off. Why the pain occurs? I am doing normal exercise and works as usual.
An ankle sprain can make life miserable. A sudden twist or stretching (due to incorrect walking, incorrect posture, wearing high heels, walking on an uneven and rough surface, exercise, games) can result in ligament(s) tear (partial or complete tear), affecting the ankle. An ankle sprain is often confused with a twisted ankle. However, the two are different as chalk and cheese. A sprained ankle can be extremely painful, taking few weeks to months to heal completely (depending on the severity).
An ankle sprain is independent of age and sex, affecting anyone and everyone under the sun. The symptoms characteristic of an ankle sprain includes:
- The affected region of the ankle may swell up immediately.
- Difficulty in walking. In severe forms, a person may find it difficult to place a step.
- The area appears bruised and tender.
- Excruciating pain and discomfort (severe case).
- Stiffness and, in some cases, discoloration of the skin around the tear.
At no point should the sprain be taken lightly. Seek medical assistance at the earliest. Negligence on your part can aggravate the situation. In extreme cases, an ankle sprain can add to your agony and discomfort, affecting the joints, bones, blood vessels, tendons, and cartilage.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
Accurate diagnosis can make the treatment effective, thus accelerating the recovery process. In case of an ankle sprain;
- Physical examination of the affected area and a thorough case study is an important diagnostic step followed by many doctors.
- X-ray of the affected ankle region can help in a better and more accurate diagnosis.
The course of treatment depends on the extent of the damage. In case of a minor sprain, doctors mostly recommend
- Keeping the affected ankle area bandaged (ACE bandage) and well protected. A crutch or a brace is a blessing for people who face difficulty in walking.
- Time and again, apply a cold compress on the sprained ankle. A cold compress can help reduce the swelling effectively.
- In case of extreme pain and swelling, your doctor may recommend an acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen
- Rest as much as possible. While sleeping, use cushions or pillows to keep the leg elevated.
Precaution and Care:
A little alertness and agility on your part can help to deal with an ankle sprain better.
- In the case of a severe sprain, try and avoid self-medication as much as possible. It can do you more harm than good.
- Exert minimum or no pressure on the affected ankle area.
- Indulge in some strengthening exercise as recommended by your physician. It is advisable that you warm up before any exercise.
- Avoid heavy, strenuous work as much as possible.
- Wearing correct footwear is important. Women who have had an ankle sprain should avoid wearing heel shoes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.