Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Sir mera accident 2011 mein hua tha mai 7 din kome mein tha usi wajah se meri right hand wali aankh ki nas sukh gayi thi us aankh ka balance theek nhi h us aankh se dikhta hai lekin samne nahi dikhta hai wo right hand side uski jaati.
Sir, I 38 years old male and feeling heavy ness on my face and eyes. Some times it looks swallowing. . Also having high cholesterol prob. But face prob disturb me.
My wife is a diabetic. As per today test report 3 months average is 8.1 and RBS is 280. She is developed cataract and doctor advised for laser treatment. With the present level of sugar , laser can be done. Or to wait sugar comes to normal. Please advice.
I'm 20years old boy. I'm having swelling in my both eyes and it's painful also. There also something like pimple inside eyelid. What should I do?
Hello my name is vikram my problem is my eyes are always stress and I am always fear in my every day life so help me.
I have a eye problem, my right eye has weaker focus compared to left eye it does not affect my daily life at all and at times it becomes better. And I can read or focus on close objects clearly but far object focus is not that good with right eye. It is not much of a problem for me but still I am concerned. Should I worry? Or is it normal?
I am having frequent Tingling, burning and vibrating sensation all over the body. No pain is present. Its very frequent and irritating. I too have little pressure or uncomfortness in eyes with Headache (mostly present in whole right portion of head or temples and forehead. I have Cervical Spondylitis. I am 23 years age. What's going on I can't understand. What can it be?
I am feeling itching, blurring, discomforts in eyes. This problem was not before I shifted to Mumbai 2 month agoi am feeling this suddenly what can I do.
I am having conjunctivitis on my right eye since 6 days and my eyes are paining a lot and now my left eye has also been affected above all I have been suffering from 102° fever since last 4 days and my head is paining like hell from the second days and the pain hits stronger in my head whenever I see light or walk but its stable when I am in bed whenever I sleep my shoulders, neck pains a lot and there has not been much improvement in my eyes and I have not slept properly from last 5 days I am taking an allergic medicine and eye drop for it please help me.
Hi doctor I am a medical preparing student, I used to study whole night and form someday my eyes are paining to much and my vision is also blurred a bit from before. I am already provided with spectacles of optical power 1.5+. Now what should I do?
I have -4.0 myopia for both eyes. I got a small black dot mark in my left eye vision. When I moved my eye, it's also moving respect to my eye movements. What is this problem? how can I cure it?
Sight is one of our most important senses. To ensure that your vision is not compromised, regular eye examinations are essential. This is regardless of age and overall health because the only way to diagnose conditions in the eye in the early stages is with a comprehensive eye exam. By arresting them in the early stages, many eye disorders can be easily controlled and treated.
During a routine eye examination, the doctor will look into a number of aspects of your eye's health. An eye examination can also indicate serious health issues like diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma. Some of the conditions an eye doctor looks for during an eye exam are:
- Refractive error: If you already have a prescription this will be checked. In other cases, the strength of the eye muscles is checked for near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism which can be corrected with lasik surgery, spectacles or lenses. The earlier a refractive error is corrected, the lower are its chances of increasing. When it comes to children, they often do not realize signs of vision deterioration and hence, an eye examination becomes essential.
- Amblyopia: This is a condition where one eye has a much higher refractive error than the other or where the eyes are misaligned. If this is not treated in time, amblyopia can stunt vision in the affected eye and result in blindness.
- Strabismus: Crossed or turned eyes are termed as cases of strabismus. This is caused by the misalignment of the eyes and can cause problems with depth perception. This can lead to amblyopia and eventual blindness if not treated in time.
- Focusing and communicative problems between the eyes: An eye examination can also determine problems with focusing on objects. With children this can be a sign of underdeveloped focusing skills while in adults it can be a symptom of presbyopia or age related diminished focusing ability. Your doctor will also check how well your eyes work together. If they do not work in tandem, it can cause headaches, eye strains and problems with reading.
- Diseases: By looking at the blood vessels and retina of the eyes, doctors can detect signs of high blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Leaks in the blood vessels or bleeding in the eyes can also be a sign of diabetes or swelling of the macula.
- Age related conditions: As with the rest of the body, the eye tissues and muscles also degenerate with time. Cataract is one of the most common age related issues that affect the eyes.
Carrots improve eyesight and deficiency of vitamin A can cause some difficulty seeing in dim light. Since carrots are rich in vitamin a, they are good for improving eyesight and preventing conditions like night blindness from developing as we age.