Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Anita SehgalYour feedback matters!
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she cant keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
I am 40 years old male. Suffering from severe allergy problem followed by bronchitis and asthmatic condition. Having 2 time seroflo inhaler and anti allergic tab night time.
Turmeric or haldi is one of the main spices in an Indian kitchen. Not just India, but in the Middle East and Southeast Asia, turmeric has been a favored spice for thousands of years. Ayurveda has long espoused the benefits of turmeric and that is one of the reasons why many Indian home remedies tend to have this spice in them.
Some of the reasons why turmeric is considered an ultimate spice are mentioned below:
- Has very effective anti-inflammatory powers: For any kind of inflammation related pain, turmeric is known to be very effective. Be it muscle pains or skin related problems, turmeric used with other mixtures have often been applied to the affected areas. Turmeric in the diet also has similar anti-inflammatory effects.
- Prevention of cancer: Turmeric contains the enzyme curcumin, which blocks the growth of cancer cells, especially head and neck cancer varieties. It stops the spread of malignant cells within the mouth when chewed and if used in a controlled manner within one's diet, prevents the growth of malignant cells in the first place.
- It has antioxidant properties: Studies have shown that turmeric in the diet as well as curcumin, the primary enzyme within this spice, are very effective in detoxifying the system. It is especially good in cleansing free radicals that may contribute to various cancers, such as skin, colon or prostate cancer.
- Pain relief in arthritis and osteoarthritis: Connected to the anti-inflammatory properties mentioned above, turmeric is known to be very effective in relieving arthritic pain. It is even known to have worked as a pain reliever in the case of osteoarthritis, when it was used as an extract.
- Prevention of plaque buildup and thus lowering chances of heart disease: Plaque is the sediment that may build up within the arteries and thus results in its clogging. This is the single largest cause of heart attacks. The enzyme within turmeric, curcumin, is an effective agent in cleaning the arteries and thus preventing heart diseases.
- Aids digestions and resolves many digestive problems: In small amounts, turmeric in the raw form is very good for the digestive system as it stimulates the production of bile. Research has shown that people who suffer from IBS or irritable bowel syndrome may also benefit from the use of this spice. Apart from this, even gas or bloating and an upset stomach can be cured by ingesting small amounts of turmeric.
My daughter has got herpes when she is in the first class. Now she is has completed her intermediate. But still she has the herpes marks on her face so how to get rid of them?
1. Is there any treatment for eggs allergy? I get stomach pain when I eat eggs. 2. As a model my body is my carrier and to get protein I have to have egg whites. I know there are alternatives to it but having eggs to get good quality protein is vary easy. Please help me if there is a treatment for that Thanks.
Sir my height is 5 10 and weight is 65, Sir my penis size is 13 To 14 Cm in erected state.. While in flaccid state it is 7cm.. Is this okay? I am very much tense about it.. In Spite of d fact I tried to convince myself. But internally its become a headache. Actly previously I did not used to think about it. But 1 year ago some friends who saw me in underwear, they made fun of it, after that i became conscious about. It.. Sir give me appropriate advice, whether its okay or I need to take some steps,
With the sudden changes in the temperature, there are a number of seasonal infections doing the rounds. And one such common seasonal infection that you may suffer from is viral fever. But before you grab those antibiotics or some OTC (over-the-counter) drugs, why don’t you try natural remedies to deal with it? Apart from being safe and easily available (mostly present in your kitchen), natural remedies to treat viral fever are effective to relieve the symptoms associated with a viral fever. So, here are some handy home remedies to treat viral fever that might help you out!
Coriander seeds contain vitamins and phytonutrients which help boost your immune system. In addition to this, the presence of antibiotic compounds and potent volatile oils, coriander acts as an effective natural aid to combat a viral infection.
How to prepare: Coriander tea can be made by adding one tablespoon of coriander seeds to a glass of water. Boil this solution and allow it to cool, strain and add little milk and sugar. Drink this tea to relieve the symptoms of viral fever.
#2 Dill seeds decoction
In addition to strengthening the immune system and relaxing the body, dill seeds are also useful in reducing the body temperature. Due to the presence of flavonoids and monoterpenes, dill seed decoction acts as powerful antimicrobial agent to relieve viral fever.
How to prepare: The decoction can be prepared by roasting a tablespoon of suva seeds, peppercorns (2) and kalonji (1 teaspoon). Add this mixture to a cup of boiling water and allow it to boil for 10 minutes. Strain the contents, add a pinch of cinnamon powder and drink warm to relieve a fever.
#3 Tulsi leaves
One of the most effective and widely used natural remedies to help relieve the symptoms of viral fever is tulsi leaves. The anti-bacterial, germicidal, anti-biotic and fungicidal properties make tulsi leaves a potent remedy for a viral fever. Apart from this, you can also try these natural aids to improve your immunity.
How to prepare: All you need to do is to boil around 20 fresh and clean Tulsi leaves in one liter of water with half a spoon of clove powder. Allow the solution to boil till the water reduces to half. Drink this decoction every two hours.
#4 Rice starch
A common home remedy used since ancient times to treat viral fever naturally is rice starch (known as kanji in Hindi). This traditional remedy acts as a diuretic agent that increases urination and boosts the immune system. It also acts as a natural nourishing drink, especially for children and older people suffering from viral fever.
How to prepare: Cook a cup of rice by adding one and half cup of water. Once it starts cooking (when rice granules are half-cooked), strain the liquid. Add this liquid to a glass, a pinch of salt and drink when warm to combat viral fever symptoms.
#5 Dry ginger mixture
Ginger is a powerhouse of health benefits and contains compounds that show anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and analgesic properties to ease the symptoms of viral fever. Hence, people suffering from viral fever are recommended to consume dry ginger with some honey to help relieve the discomfort associated with viral fever.
How to prepare: This can be prepared by adding two medium-sized pieces of dry ginger (soonth) in a cup of water and boil the mixture. Another method involves addition of dry ginger, turmeric (one teaspoon), black pepper powder (one teaspoon) and little amount of sugar to a cup of water and boiling the solution until its volume reduces to half. Drink this solution four times a day to relieve the symptoms of viral fever.
#6 Fenugreek water
A readily available ingredient in the kitchen, fenugreek seeds are a reservoir of medicinal compounds like diosgenin, saponins and alkaloids. Apart from these, fenugreek also contains various compounds that help reduce fever and other symptoms associated with viral infection. Additionally, you can use fenugreek or methi for various health comlications, here’s a complete guide to use it.
How to prepare: Soak one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in a half cup of water overnight. In the morning, strain this solution and sip this drink at regular intervals to treat viral fever. You can also consume a mixture of fenugreek seeds, lemon and honey in the morning for some relief