Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anita Sbarwal
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anita SbarwalYour feedback matters!
Caused by Bacteria M. avium "M.A.C." / M. intrracelulare "M.A.I"
- MAC is a AIDS-defining condition.
- MAC is common in persons having CD4 count <50 cell/mm.
- Respiratory symptoms are not common in HIV -related MAC.
- Mycobacterium avium complex or M. kansasii dessiminated or extramulmonary, almost any internal organ especially the Liver, Spleen, and Bone marrow
- Weight loss
- Low level of red and white blood cells.
- High blood level of liver enzyme ( alkaline phosphatase)
- Painful intestines.
- Almost half of those with late -stage HIV disease (AIDS) are infected with the MAC bacteria, not all of those show symptoms of MAC.
- Elevated alkaline phosphatase levels in blood tests can indicate MAC.
Hello doctor. I had medicine for postponing my periods. Near about for 10 days in february. I was expecting my periods on 19 but I came on 27 of march. First 2 days it was normal but 5, 6 and 7th day it was more than usual. Now I have missed my date and still have not got periods. Please suggest me what to do. Thank you.
I have sex with my wife about on 5/07/2017-14/07/2017, unki period ki date 26/07/2017 ko thi jo abhi tak nahi hui hai or unki period kabhi time pe nahi hoti hai every month extra days pe aati hai, kuch days pahle o lower abdomen me pain hona bata rahi thi or in dino vagina se bahut white discharge ho rahi hai ,please help kya ye pregnancy ki symptoms hai,
My kid are very active n have sharp mind but he is slim. He used to have fruits every day and dry fruits also and love to eat Non veg But I have to forced for food like roti rice dal and veggie. Are that thing affect my kid health.
I had unprotected sex ,after half and hour took the I pill. After a day weird sensation near navel and vagina I could feel. Is this normal or something to worry? Any chance of getting pregnant even after consuming I pill?
I am 25 years old female. Due to daily busy routine, my body becomes weak and got anaemic. So my doctor suggested me to take E-NEURON tablets. I took this medicine for one and half month after that I stopped taking this medicine. So is there any time period for that I need to take this tablet. Or will it effect my body?
When female sex hormones such as Estrogen and Progesterone are out of balance and male hormone levels such as androgen are elevated within the body, it might lead to PCOD or polycystic ovarian disorder. This may cause the enlargement of the ovaries and numerous cysts to grow on the outer wall of the ovary. These growths can result in painful periods, infertility and several other symptoms because of the abnormalities in the body.
Most common symptoms of PCOS include:
1. Irregular and painful periods
2. Growth of facial and body hair also known as hirsutism (areas such as the face, fingers, toes)
3. Development of acne all over the body including the face
4. Sudden weight gain
5. Mood swings such as anxiety and depression
6. Thinning of hair
7. Pain in the pelvic area
Some of the other less common symptoms of PCOD are darkening of the skin, especially in the creases of the body such as the groin, neck, the area underneath the breasts and sleep disorders such as sleep apnea. Many women diagnosed with PCOD can have children without medical infertility treatment, although many other women tend to have fertility problems.
A few underlying factors have been noticed to be common in most cases. Some of these common factors that have been noticed are:
- Insulin Resistance: Insulin resistance is a condition wherein the body is either not able to produce enough insulin or cannot metabolize the sugar to produce energy. This results in blood sugar not being used up and thus accumulating within the blood which in turn forces more insulin to be made to compensate. High levels of insulin cause the ovaries to produce too much androgen which may lead to polycystic ovarian disorder. Insulin resistance can also lead to weight gain, which can worsen the symptoms of PCOD.
- Hormonal Imbalance: Women with PCOD have imbalances in certain hormones such as raised levels of testosterone, higher levels of prolactin and luteinizing hormone (LH), among others. The exact reasons for these imbalances are unknown. Scientists have suggested that the problem can start within the ovaries, or the part of the brain that controls their production of these hormones.
- Genetics: This syndrome runs in families; women with mothers, aunts, and sisters with PCOS have a higher chance of developing PCOD themselves. Genetics have definitely shown to have a correlation with the occurrence of the disorder.
PCOD doesn’t have any treatment yet, but the symptoms can be managed through medications and healthy habits. Treatment for PCOD differs for every woman depending on factors such as:
- Severity of the symptoms
- Condition of the ovaries
- Plans to have children in the future
- Risk of long term health complications or current problems such as heart diseases or diabetes among others
- Some of the basic steps to manage PCOD at home are through weight loss, improving your diet, reducing blood glucose levels, amongst others.
Some medications that may be used to relieve symptoms of PCOD are
- Hormonal birth control pills - These regularize the period cycle, help reduce acne and extra hair growth and also help in prevention of unwanted pregnancies.
- Anti-androgen medicines - They can block the effects of excess androgen and thus help in reducing hair loss, facial and body hair growth and acne.
Certain medications which are used to treat type-2 diabetes have also been put to the test and have shown effective results in trials. However, these have still not been approved by the regulatory authorities.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
How sleeping less than 6 hours affects your health
After being awake for almost 14-16 hours, our body demands sleep. Minimum sleeping time required for a healthy mind and body is 7-8 hours. Although, this duration varies according to age. Because generally speaking, where a child can sleep for 12-14 hours, grownups can sleep for not more than 9 hours. Sound sleep is very essential otherwise, it can be harmful for our health. Let's see how sleeping for less than 6 hours affects our health.
- Headache, weight gain and poor vision: When you sleep for less than 6 hours a day, it can not only give you headache all the time but can lead to a poor vision also. And if continued for a long time, may hamper your eyesight. The lesser you sleep the more weight you gain. And after-effects of gaining weight could be even more hazardous.
- Memory loss, heart disease, infection: Sleeplessness can have an adverse effect on one's memory too. A person may find it difficult to remember even simple things. Also, infections can take a longer time to heal because sleep is something that stabilises and balances everything that goes wrong while we are awake. If we don't get proper sleep, the process of healing takes longer. Lack of sleep can also elevate blood pressure which ultimately affects the heart.
- Urine overproduction, stammering and accident: Sleeping slows down urinating process but when you are awake for longer hours, you might have to urinate more than usual. Lack of sleep can also make you stammer while speaking. If lack of sleep continues, you may not be able to communicate properly. When you do not have sound sleep, your mental condition would not be stable because of declining concentration. You can be accident prone if you drive in such a condition.
These are just a few of the ill effects. Sleeping for less than 5 hours is far more dangerous than you can even think. From behavioural to mental to physical effects, it can harm you in many more ways, So, have a sound sleep to avoid complications in life.