Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anita RajorhiaYour feedback matters!
My friend's daughter had her first periods 2 months back. SINCE THEN THE MONTHLY CYCLE HAS NOT RECURRED. Which doctor shall the girl be referred to for consultation? She is 11 years old.
Hi doctors I hv a question regarding periods (mc). My wife missed her periods and we checked in prega news the result is negative. The last period was 50 days ago. We both r worried abt the result. Although her hemoglobin is OK. Please suggest the treatment. Or what should we do.
My first delivery was normal nd my baby is now 2.6+, I wanted to know that wat a normal gap I need to maintained for having a 2nd baby. Coz now a days I heard people do their 2nd one when their first one is 5 or 10+ yrs. They told me that this gap is very gud coz your first is enough nature to understand everything nd now you can give your full attention to your new one. I wonder how is this ans relevant or is this ok to do such a long gap bet siblings. Pls guide me.
1. It counteracts the effects of weight-promoting genes. Harvard medical researchers looked at 32 obesity-promoting genes in over 12,000 people to determine how much these genes actually contribute to body weight. They then discovered that, among the study participants who walked briskly for about an hour a day, the effects of those genes were cut in half.
2. It helps tame a sweet tooth. 15-minute walk can curb cravings for chocolate and even reduce the amount of chocolate you eat in stressful situations. And the latest research confirms that walking can reduce cravings and intake of a variety of sugary snacks.
Walking for 2.5 hours a week — that’s just 21 minutes a day — can cut your risk of heart disease by 30%. In addition, this do-anywhere, no-equipment-required activity has also been shown to reduce the risk of diabetes and cancer, lower blood pressure and cholesterol, and keep you mentally sharp.
3. It reduces the risk of developing breast cancer. Researchers already know that any kind of physical activity blunts the risk of breast cancer. But an American Cancer Society study that zeroed in on walking found that women who walked seven or more hours a week had a 14% lower risk of breast cancer than those who walked three hours or fewer per week. And walking provided this protection even for the women with breast cancer risk factors, such as being overweight or using supplemental hormones.
4. It eases joint pain. Several studies have found that walking reduces arthritis-related pain, and that walking five to six miles a week can even prevent arthritis from forming in the first place. Walking protects the joints — especially the knees and hips, which are most susceptible to osteoarthritis — by lubricating them and strengthening the muscles that support them.
5. It boosts immune function. Walking can help protect you during cold and flu season. A study of over 1,000 men and women found that those who walked at least 20 minutes a day, at least 5 days a week, had 43% fewer sick days than those who exercised once a week or less. And if they did get sick, it was for a shorter duration, and their symptoms were milder.
Hi doctor Can swimming delay periods? Last time we were stressing over late periods but they came 6 days late but lasted 3 days then one day gap and again bleed again. Started swimming first time and body had no previous routine of this much exercise .Had no sex after last periods .can I still be pregnant .last time we had sex was before her 3 to 4 days lasting periods which were s little strange but they came .we are already 7 days late this time no pain and no symptoms of pregnancy .can she be pregnant? Please help .how can we bring periods before they are coming please help.
I had a sex with my girlfriend. And during sex she get discharge but that discharge was not normal it was dark white sticky discharge. And after next day she get discharge again white color discharge. But how it's possible discharge comes during sex then how she get discharge without having sex. I am worried please help. Explain.
My question is on hard squeezing, my breast oozed out the fluid, I don't know what color fluid, but it did. Also, the other effects were pain, nipple burn, and a black layer has been formed over the nipple! Now it is getting back to normal. Please recommend me what doctor should I consult if necessary and what steps should I take?
Respected Doctor From last two week my wife suffered from cold and cough. And she is also pregnant. So how to cure from cold and cough in pregnancy. Please help. Thanks & Regards Nilesh S Palkar.
Am 31 weeks pregnant now. Am having serious leg pain during night time. Shall I sleep straight and keep pillow under my legs for while? It will affect my baby growth?
Is pregnancy not occurred if thyroid problem available? Please confirm is there any relation between thyroid and pregnancy?
Im 22 year old and using meftal spas tablets from many years to get relief from menstrual cramps during my periods. Is there any side effects when I take meftal spas for long time.
Apart from aiding weight loss, it protects from various heart diseases and other life threatening illnesses.
Any activity that gradually gets the heart rate up enhances immune system improves metabolism and regulates hormone levels is good.
I recently had sexual encounter with a girl. During intercourse, I got a strong smell from her vagina. Is this a sign of STD? I have used a condom but still should I be worried? What medical tests should I undergo to detect if I am infected?
What is the reason behind the reduce of bleeding days during period? is there any problem in future? What are the measures need to be taken?
Your daily intake of delicious foods might not be enough for a healthy life. Your health largely depends on the consumption of right amount of vitamins. You can be protected from a plethora of disorders by the intake of foods rich in vitamin B12 and D. Here’s why you need vitamin B12 and D:
- Prevention: Vitamin B12 prevents us from certain cancers, including cancers in prostate glands, lungs, breast and colon. It also provides protection against heart diseases. Vitamin B12 also helps in prevention against Alzheimer’s disease. Intake of vitamin D reduces the risk of developing multiple sclerosis, heart disease and flu.
- Booster of happiness and health: It has been found that vitamin B12 boosts up your energy levels to a great extent. There are health drinks enriched with Vitamins to provide energy to your tired body. But it is best to have foods rich in vitamin B12 and other vitamins.
- Forget depression: Vitamin D and B12 are known to benefit your health by keeping away depression. Therefore, it is very important to keep a check on the vitamins level of your body.
- Helps protein metabolism: One of the primary functions of vitamin B12 is to boost protein metabolism in your body. If you are suffering from vitamin B12 deficiency, you will suffer from improper protein metabolism. However, the symptoms may get noticed after several years.
- Protect your bones: It is the most essential function of vitamin D to absorb calcium and promote the growth of bones. Deficiency of vitamin D can lead to bone related diseases like rickets.
- Help your brain: Vitamin B12 is good for the overall health of the human brain. It can prevent you from developing dementia in old age or brain shrinkage.
- Good for digestive system: Vitamin B12 helps in the smooth functioning of digestive system. It provides protection against constipation.
- Beauty matters: Vitamin B12 and D are known for their contribution towards gifting you a healthy skin, shiny hairs and beautiful and strong nails.
Getting through an ugly divorce is quite a difficult thing, no matter what the reason might be. Your world can turn upside down after a divorce and you have to make a fresh new start in life.
Here are some tips you should follow to get through an ugly divorce:
- Accept the fact that it is okay to have different feelings: All feelings like sadness, anger, exhaustion, frustration and confusion are quite intense after a divorce. You should accept these reactions and they will surely decrease with time.
- You need to give yourself a break: Accept the fact that you are weak and time is required to be back to normal functioning. Your work performance can be affected as well. Taking a break is a must after a divorce.
- Do not try to go through the situation alone: You should share your feelings with your friends and family, and you will surely get help. Joining support groups can also be fruitful. Isolation makes your condition worse; so you must go out, interact and share stuff.
- You should take proper emotional and physical care of your body: Eat timely, work out and relax. Try to maintain your normal daily routine and do not make major life decisions during this point of life. Abstain from too much alcohol and cigarettes as they are not a solution.
- Avoid ugly situations: Avoid talking to your former spouse as discussions may lead to ugly situations and fights, which would enhance your misery.
- Take a hobby: Try to do things you love to do from your heart. Join classes, take music lessons, paint pictures and slowly try to enjoy life. Making new friends is also a good idea.
- Think positive: Positive thinking is a must and if you engross yourself in positive, constructive activities, you are likely to feel good. You need to be flexible and in case you have children, do your best to provide them an ideal atmosphere for adjusting to the situation.
- Time can heal everything: Keep one thing in mind that life will eventually return to normal. Time heals everything and one day you will not be affected anymore.
- Talk to your children and help them cope: You need to provide proper care to your kids for coping with the situation. Talk to your children and make them understand that they are not responsible for the divorce by any means. Try to ease their concerns, be compassionate, but maintain a direct approach. Maintain your child's routine exactly how it used to be, so that they feel less amount of sudden change. Do not involve your children in the conflict in any way.
A divorce is extremely difficult to cope with, as one has never faced or felt such a situation before. With proper support and measures, you can get over a divorce much more easily. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
She is pregnant 45 days , This is her second pregnancy right now she is having abdominal pain from one hour (exact above vagina) please refer to this.
There are a number of potential benefits from corn oil, including its ability to prevent oxidative stress, reduce inflammation, lower “bad” cholesterol, protect the skin, boost vision health and minimize allergic reactions, among others. However, there are also some side effects you need to consider, including weight gain, a higher risk of cancer, and potential toxicity. Some of these side effects are heavily dependent on the type of corn oil you use, and the manner in which it was extracted from the corn itself.
Corn oil is derived from the germ of the corn plant, one of the most widely grown and relied on crops in the world. Due to this huge availability, corn oil is one of the most inexpensive vegetable oils, and thus one of the most popular. Corn oil can be acquired through an extended process of expeller pressing, refinement, and steam distillation. While this creates an oil that has a very high smoke point, making it ideal for cooking purposes, it also saps many of the beneficial compounds from the oil, in which case, there are few health benefits. That being said, even the unrefined version of this oil is very high in fat and calories, and is considered less healthy than many other vegetable oils, such as olive or almond oil. If you want to benefit from using corn oil, seek out varieties that have been cold-pressed, and are labeled organic or unrefined. These will have a lower smoke point, but will also possess the monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that provide corn oil’s various health benefits.
Uses, benefits and nutrition facts of corn oil
- People primarily use corn oil as a cooking oil, due to its semi-neutral flavor and cost, in comparison to other vegetable oils. However, some people use organic corn oil in medicinal or topical applications, and even as a massage oil. The efficacy of this oil for health depends on the source and processing method of the oil. Unrefined, organic corn oil delivers some benefits, as explained below.
- Cholesterol levels: monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats are both needed by the body, as they can help to control inflammation and excess cholesterol. However, these fats aren’t balanced in most forms of corn oil, particularly in refined varieties. Therefore, this oil can reduce blood pressure and balance cholesterol in very limited quantities, so use the oil sparingly when cooking.
- Inflammation: both omega-3 and omega-6 are known to work against inflammation, when consumed in moderation in the body. This can help relieve symptoms of arthritis, as well as headaches, gastrointestinal problems and even inflammatory conditions of the skin.
- Vision health: there are other ingredients besides fats in corn oil, such as flavonoids and antioxidants, such as lutein, which can reduce free radical activity in the body. Specifically, lutein is able to protect vision health and prevent the development of cataracts.
- Antioxidant effects: monounsaturated fats, polyunsaturated fats, flavonoids, and vitamin e all have antioxidant properties, which can help reduce oxidative stress throughout the body. When used in moderation, this oil can help to prevent chronic disease, and even lower the occurrence of certain cancers, while also helping to make the skin look and feel younger.
- Allergies: some of the compounds in corn oil have been known to reduce allergic reactivity in the body, helping to keep symptoms of asthma and rhinitis at bay. Although corn oil is rarely used as a topical oil, it can help allergic reactions on the skin when applied directly.
- Skin conditions: whether you use corn oil directly on your skin or consume small amounts of it, the antioxidants and tocopherols in the oil will help prevent skin infections and help to relieve irritation, blemishes, eczema and psoriasis. It can even help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and other age spots. However, remember that this oil is very high in fat, and should always be consumed in moderation, no matter how good it makes your skin look!
Although there is some debate about the health effects of corn oil, the nutritional facts of this oil are quite clear, and when used in responsible amounts, this oil can provide certain key nutrients to the body. Monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats can be found in high levels in unrefined corn oil. This includes linoleic and oleic acids, although when it comes to the balance of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids in corn oil, the ratio is far from ideal. There are nearly 50 times more omega-6 fatty acids than omega-3 fatty acids, whereas the recommended ratio is 1: 1. You can also benefits from the high levels of vitamin e in this oil, as well as limited levels of vitamin a, xanthins and trace amounts of other antioxidant compounds.
Side effects of corn oil
There are numerous side effects of corn oil, including potential toxicity, increased risk of cancer, increased risk of cardiovascular disease, stomach irritation, and weight gain. Even when used in small amounts, people seeking a healthy vegetable oil are typically directed away from corn oil. If you are going to use this oil, however, be sure to use organic and unrefined corn oil, which will have the highest level of potentially beneficial compounds.
- Heart health – although there are some monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats in corn oil, the balance of omega-3 to omega-6 is wildly skewed, and this oil remains very high in fat. A single tablespoon contains more than 20% of your daily fat allowance. It can cause cholesterol problems for some who use an excessive amount, particular those who are already dealing with cardiovascular issues.
- Cancer – some studies have found a connection between excess levels of omega-6 fatty acid and increased levels of prostate cancer. While certain elements of corn oil can help prevent cancer, others may increase your risk in other ways.
- Toxicity – due to the high level of herbicide and pesticide use in agricultural practices, and the various countries where corn oil can be produced, there is a chance of toxicity in this oil. This can manifest in trouble with your liver and kidneys. As mentioned before, it is important to know exactly where your corn oil comes from.
- Obesity – corn oil may have some health benefits, but it is also very high in calories (more than 120 per tablespoon, compared to 40 per tablespoon of olive oil). As a result, excessive use of this oil can significantly boost your daily caloric intake, and you may not even realize it, easily compromising your weight loss goals.