Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AnitaYour feedback matters!
Iam a 24 year girl. I had pcos detected 6 months back. Is there any chance of reoccurance of pcos because of stress and tension?
Have had abortion 5 weeks back, but no periods yet had sex only once with pull out method about 2 weeks back from today, negative pregnancy test, bloaty stomach and cramping from last week but no periods yet, kindly suggest me I can be pregnant.
Recently one question was raised.
Known as vart, queefing or fanny fart.
It may happen after intercourse, excercise or squatting or in a pathological condition of a connection betwwn colon & vagina as result of child birth, radiation or cancer.
The main culprit in non-pathological condition is weakness of pelvic floor.
"Kegel" exercise may help as well as vaginal pessary
For women, hair are not just fibres, but an expression of beauty, style, and personality. Losing your hair can really freak you out. Whether it's short-term or long-term, women lose hair the same way men do. It might thin all over, or your centre part could get wider and wider.
How Does Hair Grow?
Your scalp has about 1,00,000 hair. Each one has its own life cycle. A follicle produces a single hair that grows at a rate of half an inch per month. It stays for 2 to 6 years, then stops for about a month. When the next cycle starts up, that hair falls out. At any given time, most of your hair are in the growth phase.
How Much Hair Loss Is Normal?
Most people shed about 50-100 hair every day. But if it starts to fall out in clumps or if you notice it getting thinner over time, see a Dermato-Trichologist.
Major Hair Loss Triggers in women:
- Thyroid Problems: If the thyroid makes too much or too little thyroid hormone, you may develop progressive thinning of hair all over the scalp.
- PCOS: In polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), your body makes more male hormones, or androgen, than it should. This can cause the extra hair on your face and body while the hair on your head thins out.
- Childbirth: Hair seems fuller during pregnancy because high hormone levels keep resting hairs from falling out. But after the baby comes, things go back to normal and those strands will fall out quickly. You could lose a lot of hair at once.
- The Pill: The hormones that suppress ovulation can also thin out your hair. You can also lose hair when you stop taking the pill.
- Medicines: Drugs like blood thinners, methotrexate, cholesterol lowering medications, chemotherapeutic agents, anti-depressants etc. can cause hair loss and thinning.
- Crash Diets: You may lose more than weight with a fad diet. And if you lose weight more rapidly, you might also lose hair in a couple of months.
- Deficiency: A longstanding deficiency of Iron, Folic acid, and other nutrients can also trigger off hair loss and cause hair thinning.
- Tight Hairstyles: Wearing tight ponytails can irritate your scalp and cause hair to fall out. Long-term use of these styles can scar your scalp and lead to permanent hair loss.
- Cancer Treatment: Chemo and radiation therapy, can take a toll on your hair. In their quest to kill cancer cells, both can harm hair follicles and trigger dramatic hair loss.
- Extreme Stress e.g. a serious illness, major surgery, trauma involving blood loss, severe emotional disturbance etc., can cause you to suddenly shed huge amounts of hair.
Hope this gives you a fair idea about the possible reasons for losing your lovely hair. The good news is, there's often a way to fix it. You can consult me for if you are losing hair and need a solution for the same.
Im 27 years old female married for almost 2 years now. We are trying to conceive from past 4 months and last month we did it correctly keeping the ovulation period and fertile window in mind. The first date of my last period was 26Sep and my cycle is also irregular. But today got my periods :(wanted to know where we are going wrong? We use KY jelly for lubrication as my vagina gets dry quickly which causes immense pain while trying and also prior to trying I try to expand the opening capping my fingers with condom. Since we tried our best to maintain correct timing and also we tried every other day. Can you please suggest what should be done as we are desperate now :(
My wife having cyst(endometrium) 46mm what can I do? gynic docters sggested to remove the utrus, ayurvedic docters said not to remove.
Yesterday I had sex with my partner as her periods get over 2 days before. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Hi I am 27 years old and I am 5 days late to period . My last date of period is 20-6-2016 and on July 25 I checked for pregnancy it is negative. Doctor suggested me to take cap. Hald sr for getting periods . I am confused actually I am trying for pregnancy. What shall I do now should I use tablet for getting periods, or wait for few days for confirmation. please help me.
M worried about my periods that whether it will b on time or not please suggest me something if my periods will be late.
Something white white like ovum is releasing from my vagina. Continuously from 3 days. What should I do ?
Hi doc, I am having hyperthyroid and pcos. Currently am taking methimez 5 tab for thyroid. Am advised to loose weight for pcos. Since 20 days I am doing walking on treadmill for 60 to 90 min for 5 to 6 days a week. I am also following the diet like. Breakfast :oats with banana and almonds (no sugar no milk) lunch: 2 dry wheat roti veg and salad of cucumber and carrot and dinner: 1 roti dry and salad and veg. I dri k green tea twice a day and between I take fruit like sweet lime and papaya or apple. Is this diet sufficient or do I have to follow any other diet for weight loss. I need to loose atleast 8 kg within 3 months. My current weight is 79.6. When I started diet and walk my weight was 80 kg. Last 20 days weight keeps on differing between 78.6 to 79.6. I am also trying to drink 3 ltrs water everyday. Pls suggest if I am doing something wrong .I have stopped tea as well. Pls tel me if my weight will reduce by following the same routine or not. Thanks.
When it comes to health, there is no taking a chance. Most of us are in the habit of storing some medicines at home, which could come in handy, say for a headache or an acidity attack. However, these often remain in the medicine kit for a long time before they are actually used. So, finally when the day arrives when there is an actual need for it, we are not sure if it is still usable. The one thing we dread is the use of a medicine, which is past its expiry date.
What if there is an adverse event? What if there is a complication or a side effect?
Then, if we are not in a position to get a fresh pill, we would rather endure the pain or acidity than pop that outdated pill. Is it really prudent to do so? I say otherwise. Most medicines have the expiry date to indicate the date or time, until when the drug would have the most potency and efficacy. Meaning to say, the drug may become weak (take longer to act or may require more of the drug to produce the same effect) when taken after the listed expiry date.
The truth is that most pharma companies list a date, which could be months, if not years, ahead of the actual expiry date. In reality, a drug never really expires. Most medicines can be used up to a few months after this date. Some medicines may even be useful after years of their expiry date.
It depends as to what the medicine is for:
- Painkillers are usually harmless to take beyond the expiry date. If there is no effect (even prolonged), then try to get a fresh one.
- Chronic medications like anti-hypertensives and anti-diabetic medications can be used up to a few months at the most, not beyond. Make sure to monitor readings to check for the efficacy. Often times, a greater dose may be required to get the desired effect, but this should not be done without medical supervision.
- Biologic products like EpiPen, eye drops or injectable substances should not be used, if they are cloudy. In fact, most of these should be kept for a very short period after opening.
- With any expired medicine, keep your doctor posted, especially your chronic meds to seek further advice and information.
The place and the way the drug is stored also may help in retaining its strength. A drug stored in the fridge is safer than something stashed away in a cupboard with a lot of other things. Keep these in mind, and take a call! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.