Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anita
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnitaYour feedback matters!
There is too much itching in my vagina and feel burning when urine pass I tried absorb powder and ice massage also but no relif.
Mom is 48 years old she is going through period irregularity. And go through several problems because of this like leg pain. Tooth sensitivity. Is it menopause or something else.
My wife was having TS of 6.4 in January 2016 and she started course of Thyronorm 50mg. Her current TSH level is 1.31. Whether she should continue 50mg or reduce it to 25mg level. We are planning for baby and trying for that.
Ma' am I got my period on 16-2-16. On 23-2-16 my fiance fingered me n put some sperm on my plenty. We didn't intercourse. But still for our satisfaction I took an i-pill on same tym. After some time it means on 2-3-16 I got mensuration n on 5-3-16 it stop too. Then on 16 -3-16 my period miss I took a pregnancy test on 21-3-16 n it was negative. N today it's 26-3-16. Still I dnt got my period. Whts d reason.. please help me ma'am.
I am 25 years old. I am having continues problem of itching in vagina and also had yellow discharge problem. What should I do?
Looking at Prince William holding his young one in his arms, leaving the hospital after the birth of his new born child was a pleasant sight. Men have a very important role in the process of pregnancy and child birth. It's challenging for fathers to be actively involved in pregnancy although no one doubts the fact that some of them become super dads while raising their kids.
- Research shows that Fathers are needed: Studies have proved that infants whose fathers had minimal involvement in pregnancy were more likely to be born premature and with low birth weight. Sometimes your physical and emotional presence is all that is required during pregnancy. So here let's have a look for role of dad in pregnancy and prepare quarterly roster.
- Be prepared to welcome the little one: Planning to start a family is a water shed moment for parents and the delivery of the ''Good news" certainly brings along mixed feelings of excitement and nervousness. It's like an examination schedule that has been pinned on the notice board. Husbands have a calming effect on moms in managing morning sickness. They have the responsibility to encourage her for a balanced and nutritious diet apart from planning antenatal visits to obstetrics clinic. They also take care of pregnancy mood swings of her partner because it's the hormones that are affecting and also be conscious and sensitive while making love in pregnancy.
- Be prepared for all circumstances: Dads need to be prepared to handle the odd symptoms of pregnancy and should find out about what they have should do. They can get references for mood related aspects. You can support the health of your partner by cooking and eating healthy meals together and exercising together. Prepare yourself for moving to a new place. Make a list of the hospitals that are not far and stay in touch always with your wife as it could be bit of emergency anytime. Plan for hospital stay and be a helping hand. Also try and engage your own parents so that they can also be a part of your training for baby care. Attending child birth classes together helps a lot to prepare you for arrival of new born.
Do get actively involved in labour and cord cutting also a father has a lot of role in successful breast feeding. It is best that you get more involved with your wife in the 9 months. The anticipation of a new one coming to your house should grip your imagination. Remember for many parents, it is the best time of their life's.
I am 23 years old married woman. I got to know from ultrasound that I am 7 week pregnant inspite of using condom (last coitus before getting pregnant when the condom tore I took an emergency contraceptive pill. My family is not settled now. So I decided to go for a medical abortion. I consumed misoprostol nd mifepristone kit on March 1st. I was bleeding till march 28th. When I had intercourse with my husband I started bleeding. Its very heavy and I have cramps pain. Wat shud I do? M worried.
Obesity increases the chance of life threatening disorders or diseases exponentially. Diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular problems and orthopedic problems are common among obese people. Consuming proper food is very important in this regard as they help in maintaining an optimal weight level and support fat loss.
8 foods that can help in getting a flat stomach are:
- Almonds: Almonds are highly beneficial for your health as they are a good source of Vitamin E, folate, fiber, protein and healthy fats. They help in controlling food cravings and building muscles in the body. They also reduce chances of being affected by various cardiovascular diseases and even cancer.
- Eggs: Eggs are considered to be a super food as they are packed with nutrients. Egg protein has a high biological value, which indicates how well the protein is absorbed into your body. Eggs also keep your stomach full so that you can control hunger cravings.
- Salmon: Salmon contains essential proteins along with Omega-3 fatty acids that help in maintaining protein levels in muscles. It also reduces your risk of getting affected by diabetes and heart diseases.
- Yoghurt: Yoghurt is a pro-biotic that is beneficial for the digestive system. It contains a good balance of carbohydrates and protein that is beneficial for fat loss.
- Vegetables: Vegetables are good for the body as they assist in elimination of free radicals. They contain fiber, which helps in keeping you full and control hunger cravings. Folate, which is abundantly found in vegetables, minimizes the risk of stroke and colon cancer drastically.
- Lean meat: Lean meats like chicken and turkey assist in controlling obesity and heart diseases. They are a high source of protein, which help in building muscle and boosting the immune system.
- Peanut butter: Consuming peanut butter in small measures helps in building muscle, boosting testosterone levels in the body and burning fat. It is packed with healthy fats that assist in enhancing testosterone levels, which aid in burning fat. It also helps control hunger cravings.
- Whole grains: Whole grains contain complex carbohydrates, which do not allow the sugar level to fluctuate and provide a steady stream of energy to the body.
Psychiatric treatment is never in the hands of a single person. Mental health treatment is a collaborative effort between the psychiatrist, occupational therapist, individual and his or her support system. The primary goal of occupational therapy is to engage people in some sort of activity to enhance their ability to lead a meaningful life. This need not be restricted to work but can include simple things like cooking, exercising, painting etc.
To understand what kind of treatment a patient needs, an occupational therapist will first assess the person, their needs and concerns. They understand how an illness or a particular life event can impact a person's ability to perform routine tasks. The counselor and therapist will then work together with the patient to explore possible lifestyle changes and set goals related to this. These changes are centered around the patient's strengths and preferences and take into consideration the occupations that are the most meaningful to the patient. An occupational therapist can then help the patient develop the necessary skills and find ways to make their daily lifestyle easier to handle. Thus, their lives become meaningful and satisfying and they feel a sense of achievement.
Occupational therapists also address social barriers towards the rehabilitation of a person in a community. This is done through interventions that focus on building the patient's existing skill set, creating opportunities for social integration, preventing a relapse and modifying the environment. Some of the barriers it addresses include:
1. Stigma: By providing the patient with an opportunity to master a skill, occupational therapy boosts self confidence. This helps address the stigma against people with mental difficulties being able to form strong interpersonal relationships.
2. Safety: A person suffering from a mental disorder is often understood to not be able to take care of himself. By helping the patient create routines for himself and giving him the confidence to perform daily tasks like cooking etc, he is at a much lower risk of accidents than before.
3. Socioeconomic status: By giving the patient the necessary skill set to hold a job and collaborating with employers and educators, an occupational therapist can help raise a person's socioeconomic status.
Occupational therapy can benefit any person diagnosed with a mental illness or who has recently undergone a traumatic accident. It can also benefit this person's friends and family who form his support system by teaching them how to balance their caregiving with daily responsibilities.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!