Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnitaYour feedback matters!
My wife has stopped her mensuration for last month. Bt when she check she is not pregnant. The result is negative. My question is that during pregnant after how many month of pregnancy does mensuration start and it is possible that 4 month pregnant women have negative result when she checks by pregnancy test kid?
Good aftrnoon Meri biwi 26 weeks ki pregnent hai hamne abhi apne ultrasound karaya to doctor ne kaha ki baby ulta hai, hum bahut tension me hai is baat ko lekar ki pata nhi kya hoga, so please advice me what to do.
My girl friend has a period problem. Actually she got periods after 2-3 months later this is goes period after 2-3 months for every time Can I get any suggestions for this.
Helps to lose weight: this fruit is high in dietary fiber and manganese. Fiber aids in slowing down the digestive process so that you will feel full for longer. The trace mineral manganese keeps your metabolic rate high and thereby burns fat. If you are looking for a delicious and effective way to lose weight, raspberries can be the best natural option.
Reduces wrinkles: raspberries work like magic on wrinkles. They can be used as a natural face mask. They also protect the skin against the sun's rays. The antioxidant powers of vitamin c effectively reduce the age spots and discoloration. By filling in minor wrinkles, raspberries can help you restore your youthful appearance. Raspberries can be made into great facial masks for glowing skin; you just need to mix 1 cup of plain yogurt and 2 cups of fresh raspberries, then blend the mixture until it becomes completely smooth. Apply the mixture to your entire face and keep it on for 15 minutes. Then, wash it off with tepid water.
Prevents macular degeneration: three servings of raspberries per day can prove to be a brilliant natural remedy for macular degeneration. Macular degeneration is an age-related medical condition that affects your vision. This leads to a loss of vision in the midpoint of the visual field due to damage to the retina. This can occur in both 'dry' and 'wet' forms. You can add these berries to your morning cereal or lunchtime yogurt. You can alter the taste and look of any green salad with a handful of these fresh raspberries and an addition of balsamic vinegar.
Promotes optimal health: raspberries, blackberries, and muscadine grapes all have metalloproteinase enzymes. These are essential for the development and renovation of tissues, however if they are produced in abnormally high amounts, they may act as a catalyst for cancer development. Raspberries have high amounts of vitamin c, riboflavin, folate, magnesium, manganese, niacin, potassium, and copper. This makes them a complete fruit to offer overall, healthy prosperity.
Promotes feminine health: some documentation has suggested that raspberries are also good specifically for women. They are good for single women, pregnant women, and lactating mothers. (read more: smart medicine for a healthier child by janet zand, Robert rountree, bob rountree, rachel walton) raspberry leaves can be used as herbal teas for single women, which regulate menstrual cycles and decrease excessively heavy menstrual flows. For pregnant women, raspberry tea successfully relieves nausea, prevents hemorrhage, reduces pain and helps in childbirth. For lactating mothers, raspberry tea or eating the fruit will help to increase the production of breast milk.
High nutrient value: other than the outstanding phytonutrient content, raspberries are rich in traditional nutrients, primarily in the antioxidant and b vitamin categories. As mentioned earlier, raspberries are an excellent source of manganese and vitamin c, two important antioxidant nutrients that protect the body's tissue from oxygen-related damage. Raspberries are also good sources of riboflavin, niacin, folate, magnesium, potassium and copper. When complimented with a strong b vitamin and mineral content, raspberries are termed as 'excellent' sources of dietary fiber. The nutrient content of raspberries makes them a great fruit choice for having a negligible effect on blood sugar level.
This is query for a 18 years old girl whose suffering from primary amenorrhea please suggest needful treatment prescription.
Hi Dr, I am quite tense about my partner we had sex few days before and she took medicine (unwanted 72) after 2 hours of sex but she dint yet got periods started her date was 7th of feb we are afraid that is she is pregnant what should we do because we are not prepared to have a baby.
I had sex 5 days back since then she is suffering itching in her vagina, what could be possible reason?
It's horrible for your health overall and dental health specifically. Tobacco prematurely ages the mouth and leads to mouth cancers. Smoking tobacco stains teeth and interrupts calcium absorption in your body. Additionally masking the smell of smoke means using chewing gums or sweets high in sugar, or drinking tea and coffee, which are notorious for teeth decolorization.
Dear Doctor, i am a sexually active 30 years old male, and used to have sexual intercourse with few females before, but around 3 months back, i had intercourse with my girlfriend and now she is complaining of whitish vaginal discharge at the time of ovulation every month, which she had not experienced before, and also once she developed some kind of vesicles in her vulva area following the intercourse, i dont have any symptom in me, but i am scared i may be having STDs. Kindly help me.
Mujhe period 23 ko aya tha abhi 5 days upar ho gye pahle toh date se 3-4 din pahle hi a jata tha lekin is baar toh 5 din let ho gya jiski wajah se puri body bhari si ho gayi bhukh nhi lag rhi h pls koi tablet bataye jisse period a jaye.
My wife is 47 years and she has entered into menopause stage. But occasionally she gets into" Light Period" symptoms. The discharge is light and lasts, at times for a day and disappears, only to show up after 3 or 4 days. Sometimes this repeats after a month when there is a small discharge and no further. What this can be due to and how to over come this discomfort?
I want to do sex with my wife but she's less interested there is a lot of tension between our sexual life even she want to have her sexual desires back please suggest some tips or medicine.
Am 27 yr working, married woman and diabetic for 3yr. Am on obimet sr 1gm before lunch and dinner. I have recently conceived. And doctor has started insulin. My last date of period was 11.06. 2015. According to TVS pregnancy the baby is 6weeks 4days old, bt, according to period calculation it should be 8weeks 2days. The doctor says it's a 12day lag. What does it mean? does it mean any abnormality? is the baby normal? please tell me.
Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency or EPI is also known as pancreatic deficiency, a disorder where the pancreas is unable to produce sufficient amount of enzymes that are required to digest food. The pancreatic enzymes help to break down and absorb nutrients from the food in the small intestine. So, this disease causes nutritional deficiencies.
Causes of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency :
This condition is generally caused as a complication of other diseases because EPI develops only as a result of severe damage to the pancreas. The following reasons can cause EPI:
- Inflammation of the pancreas: After surgery in the pancreas, stomach or the intestines, there may be inflammation in the pancreas as a post-surgical complication. A high content of triglyceride fat in the blood can also cause pancreatic inflammation and hinder the secretion of the enzymes.
- Chronic Pancreatitis: In this disease, the pancreatic ducts are swollen and blocked and so the digestive enzymes cannot be passed into the small intestine. This condition is often caused by a heavy consumption of alcohol.
- Cystic Fibrosis: The digestive fluids and enzymes become thick and sticky and block the passageways of the pancreas and other organs like the lungs and the kidneys. This can obstruct secretion and passage of enzymes afterwards.
- Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond syndrome or SBDS: SBDS is an autosomal recessive genetic condition where enzyme producing pancreatic cells is not formed properly. This rare disorder causes a number of associated disorders like bone marrow diseases, skeletal defects and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
Symptoms of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency:
Symptoms of EPI often appear in the middle stages of the disease when the process of absorption of nutrients has already been affected. The common warning signs are:
- Digestive problems like gas, diarrhea and indigestion because the food remains mostly undigested.
- Severe and frequent stomach pain in the lower abdominal region
- Greasy stools due to the excretion of undigested fat
- Rapid loss of weight and body mass due to malabsorption of nutrients
- Constantly feeling bloated and full even if you have not eaten anything
- A general sense of fatigue and exhaustion
- Excessive bleeding from small wounds because protein deficiencies hamper blood clotting
- Pain in the muscles and bones
- Increased susceptibility to infections of the body system
- Joint pains
- Abnormal swelling of the limbs or edema
My age is 26 Year and I have sex with my bf 2 year ago now I have got a marriage, mujhe dar h ki mere husband ko pta na lg jaye.
Breast cancer is one of the most feared diagnoses in women. When cancerous cells develop in a woman's breast, irregular lumps, changes in the shape or size of the breast and discharge of blood from the nipples may be experienced. There are lots of preventive measures that you can take to avoid breast cancer. It is important to live a healthy life with as less exposure to toxins as possible. Here are some tips and strategies that can lower your risk of breast cancer
- Plant based diet - Studies have shown that a high plant based diet, full of vegetables and fruits, is packed with antioxidants, minerals, and nutrients that lower the risk of breast cancer. Eat light, and avoid refined sugar and processed meat. Try to construct a healthy Mediterranean diet plan rich in olive oil and nuts.
- Maintain an appropriate weight - Do not gain extra weight as obesity and excessive weight gain are related to breast cancer. Cut down on fat and exercise regularly to lead an active life.
- Breastfeeding - If you are a new mom, breastfeed your baby as it has numerous health benefits for both you and your child, including lowering the chances of breast cancer in the mother.
- Sleep - It is important to get 8 hours of sleep every night to live a healthy life. Many studies have shown that a short duration of sleep and exposure to light at night that disrupts the circadian rhythm increases the risk of breast cancer.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol - Do not smoke as it increases the chances of cancer in other organs and also leads to toxin inclusion in the body. Also, be sure to drink in moderation as excess alcohol consumption is cancer causing offender.
- Artificial hormones - Women during menopause often resort to hormone replacement therapy, and the extended use of this therapy can heighten the risk of breast cancer. Therefore, it is recommended to look for other options to smoothen your transition to the menopausal phase.
Related Tip: Homeopathic treatments for cancer
With viral fever on the rise it is advisable to prevent yourself against dengue and chikungunya. Dengue is caused by a family of viruses that are transmitted by mosquitoes. It is an acute illness of sudden onset that usually symptoms such as headache, fever, exhaustion, severe muscle and joint pain, swollen lymph nodes, and rash. The presence of fever, rash, and headache is particularly characteristic of dengue.
Most common symptoms of dengue are:
Symptoms, which usually begin four to six days after infection and last for up to 10 days, may include
- Sudden, high fever
- Severe headaches
- Pain behind the eyes
- Severe joint and muscle pain
- Skin rash, which appears two to five days after the onset of fever
- Mild bleeding (such a nosebleed, bleeding gums, or easy bruising)
How to diagnose and prevent against dengue?
Diagnosing dengue fever: Blood test to check for the virus or antibodies to it .IgG AND IgM for Dengue Fever.
Prevention against dengue fever:
- Stay away from heavily populated residential areas, if possible.
- Use mosquito repellents, even indoors.
- When outdoors, wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants tucked into socks.
- When indoors, use air conditioning if available.
- Make sure window and door screens are secure and free of holes. If sleeping areas are not screened or air conditioned, use mosquito nets.
Role of Ayurveda in treating dengue:
Ayurveda believes in treating a person as a whole, it means that it focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. Ayurvedic remedies are selected after a full individual examination and case analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient physical & mental constitution, family history, presenting symptoms, underlying pathology etc. An Ayurvedic practitioner tries to treat more than just the symptoms present. The focus is not on curing the disease, but to cure the person who is sick; to restore for health. If a disease pathology is not very advanced homeopathic remedies to give a hope for cure; even in incurable case the quality of life can be greatly improved with Ayurvedic remedies.