Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anita GuptaYour feedback matters!
I had taken the ipill. I want to know that if I got my periods after taking the pill. M I safe from unwanted pregnancy? Or is there any chance that I can be pregnant. Please doctors. Help me out.
I am 27 year old male and married last six month. From past 4 months we had unprotected sex for planning baby but no result yet. So pls kindly suggest for further treatment.
Breast cancer is a type of a cancerous infection that develops in the skin cells of the breast. This condition is more commonly diagnosed after you have skin cancer and is more common in women than men. There are certain signs to identify this disease, which are as follows.
1. Breast lumps - Lumps are patches of skin that occur due to the thickening and swelling of the skin. Breast lumps is a very common phenomenon for women but that does not always lead to a breast cancer; however, frequent and reoccurring instances of the same increases the risk of breast cancer. A breast lump is easily identifiable through the naked eye as it looks different from the surrounding tissues.
2. Blood discharges - The nipple is one of the most sensitive areas in the human body. In case of women, it is meant to emit milk during pregnancy, in order to feed the infant externally. A probable symptom of breast cancer can also be a frequent discharge of blood from the nipple without any visible damage or injury.
3. Breast changes - If you are experiencing any visible changes in the size, appearance or shape of the breast, then it is an indicative sign that you may have breast cancer. Thus, it is of paramount importance that you observe, touch and physically examine your breast regularly for changes. If there is any major change detected then it is advisable to consult a doctor.
4. Inverted nipple - The tip of the nipple is generally bulging and pointing outwards both in cases of men and women. But sometimes the tip of the nipple is pushed inside due to excessive suction caused by the skin tissues present inside the breast around the nipple area. This suction forces the nipple to grow inwards which is abnormal and might harm the breast and skin in various ways.
However, apart from these main symptoms, some other signs are also there that increase your chances of being diagnosed with breast cancer. They are redness or pitting of the skin over your breast like an orange, peeling or scaling of the pigmented area around the nipple, dimpling of the skin on the breasts, and such others.
Related Tip: Can Ayurveda Really Treat Cancer? Find Out.
5 surprising foods a health conscious person should never eat
Most people are aware that they need to avoid the usual starch or gluten rich foods, like bread, burgers or noodles. What most people fail to see is that some foods that are supposedly healthy end up doing more harm than good. If you do want to have a healthy diet, you have to forgo the following convenient foods that appear healthy.
The box of muesli that you bought thinking that it is healthy has around 500 calories per serving! additional sugar is what makes most commercially available muesli palatable. You might as well eat a plain doughnut if you are going to consume the amount of calories that each serving of muesli offers.
2. Energy bars
Many people mistakenly feel that energy bars fall under health food. In reality, energy bars are loaded with processed soy along with high quantities of sugar and salt. While being processed the soy loses most of its nutritional values and ends up producing a chemical called hexane. Hexane is highly controversial since in certain doses it is a neurotoxin.
3. Light yoghurt
The selling point of light yoghurt is that it cuts down on the calorie content of the yoghurt. What most people fail to see is that when the calories are stripped from the yoghurt it does not remain flavourful. To make it palatable, artificial flavours are added. These additional chemicals negate the point of opting for light yoghurt in the first place.
Unless you are making your own salad you cannot be certain of how healthy it is. When you buy a pre-packed salad or order salads at restaurants you are not exactly ordering healthy. To enhance the taste of the salads a lot of unhealthy additions, especially in the form of dressings, are made which exterminate the whole point of having a salad in the first place.
5. Store-bought smoothies
You might be putting in nothing but the right fruits and vegetables into your homemade smoothie. Do not expect the store bought ones to be the same. To enhance the flavours, a lot of additional elements go into the product. Some smoothies that you buy can even have up to 1000 calories which you unknowingly intake.
If you do want to have a healthy diet and include these foods then it is best to prepare them at home. Keep track of what you are eating without blindly trusting the labels on the boxes.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My wife get period on 21 October and we had unprotected intercourse on 25 October is their any chance to get pregnant?
I m 33 years old my period has stopped for last two months. Pls tell me what is the cause of this problem and what should I do.
If I have sex with my partner when she having her menstrual cycle, can she be pregnant? And in menstrual cycle is it safe to have sex without using protection? Which is the safe time to have a sex without using protection?
Hello sir. Mujhy periods mai bht zayda pain hoty hai. Sir mjhy pain bardash nai hoti hai. Please sir suggest me some medicine which has no side effects.
Hii me pregenecy try kar rhi hu lkn nho ho raha h counsium meri period date aa jati so please help me kab aur kis waqt kiya jaye.
I had herpes infection in my left eye after 1 year the nerve pain above the eye lid again started so I discontinued the medicine prescribed by neurologist and started homeopathic medicine for herpes is it a good choice?
I have missed my last period hence as per doctor consultation I have taken unwanted kit mifepristone on 12 jan and got my period on 14 jan, after that I had safe sex and every time used condoms. But till date my period not came its 9 days late now, I have checked through pregnancy kit, result is negative but my worry is why period not came. Not I have to travel for one week as per office work. Very much worried. Please suggest way. Does cycle changes after taking mifepristone?
My gynaec told me during ultrasound that I have excessive amniotic fluid and AFI she mentioned as 13.0 cm. Is it a cause of concern or worry? What should I do ?my baby was seen quite active and in breech position.
Today my gynec applied podowart in genital area where warts located. Mostly my fear is I am carrying now 5 months of pregnancy. Pls tell me is it effects my baby or in future dangerous to me. What to do.
I am 24 years old I have acne and hormonal problem I consulted skin doctor she advice me aldactone and isotroin tablets since 3 months then I have some side effects dry skin dry lips burning eyes. Its common side effects. But since 3days I have bleeding in my vagina. But my 15 days after periods.
I got my menses on 13th of august nd this mnth I got on 22 sep today I got PREGNANCY test done as I hvent got my date till 10 days nd its negative now I had it is der ny problem nd I m hvng a lot of pain in bck nd stomach.
I am 29 years old women. I have 3 years old girl baby at that time I don't have diabetic. Now I am planning for 2nd baby but now I have diabetic. So can I get 2nd baby without any problem. So please give good solution for this.
Sir blood test kiya urin test kiya thyroid test bhi kiya report nil aya tha aur Dr. ne tablet diya ovalife liya tha 2 month continue abhi m.c ke bad folinex diya hai 1 mahine ke liye aur 5 din ke liye clofert diya hai but yahi pichli bhar bar bhi diya kuch asar nai pada aur abhi vahi dawai chal rahi hain.
Do you think hallucination involves only seeing things which are not real? There is much more to it actually and you may even smell or touch something, which does not exist. Hallucinations occur from various causes, primarily because of mental illnesses and nervous system disorders in your body. It is important for you to know about the different types of hallucinations, which are commonly experienced, along with their causes.
Types of hallucinations
- Hearing voices: This is known as auditory hallucinations in which you hear sounds and voices coming from within your mind or from outside. These voices might talk to each other as if they are trying to tell you something.
- Seeing things: This is called visual hallucination in which you see things, which actually do not exist. You might observe snakes crawling on your hands, but it is unreal. You can also see flashes of lights, and spots or shapes of bright colors.
- Smelling things: This type of hallucination is called olfactory hallucination in which you might sense a certain odor coming from your body, or from your surroundings.
- Tasting things: Known as gustatory hallucinations, you might find an odd or weird taste in something you are eating or drinking.
- Feeling things: This phenomenon is called tactile hallucination. You may feel that you are being tickled, or poked in spite of no one being around you. You might also feel that insects or snakes are crawling under your skin. Feeling a blast of hot air on the face is also likely.
Causes of hallucinations
- Schizophrenia accounts for being the primary cause of hallucinations and above 70% of the patients with this condition suffer from visual hallucinations, while others hear voices.
- Parkinson’s disease is another disease, which causes visual hallucinations in patients.
- Alzheimer’s disease and certain other types of dementia also account for causing hallucinations because of changes in the brain.
- People suffering from migraines may experience a form of visual hallucination known as aura. It resembles a crescent of multicolored light.
- Brain tumor causes hallucinations based on its exact location. In case of brain tumor in an area which controls vision, visual hallucinations are indicated. Smell and taste hallucinations are also likely.
- The condition called Charles Bonnet syndrome causes visual hallucinations in patients with cataract, macular degeneration, and glaucoma.
- Patients suffering from epilepsy are also prone to hallucinations. Different types of hallucinations are likely along with seizures, which are a common part of the condition. The exact type of hallucination caused depends on the part of your brain, which is affected by seizures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.