Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anita Chekker
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anita ChekkerYour feedback matters!
Did you know your earphones are making you deaf? Here's how.
Fact: Roughly 1.1 billion people worldwide within the age group of 12-35 have been found to be at an increased risk of developing hearing problems.
Listening to loud music on handheld devices using earphones has become a common trend among youngsters these days. You might find it very relaxing to plug in your earphones and escape into your own world of music, but you need to know that this can cause serious damage to your ears. The worst part: you won't realise your ears are being damaged until it's too late.
So, exactly how is loud music damaging your ears?
Continuous exposure to loud music from earphones or other sources results in a medical condition known as Noise-Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL), which can be associated with irreversible damage to the ears resulting in deafness.
When you hear loud music for a considerable amount of time every day it affects your hair cells (nerve cells responsible for sending sound signals to the brain) negatively, so that their ability to respond to sound decreases. If this keeps on happening for many months, eventually the hair cells are damaged beyond repair. These cells cannot be regenerated, making you permanently deaf.
How loud is too loud?
If your ears are exposed to sounds at 95, 100, 105, 110 and 115 dB (decibel, the unit used for measuring sound) for 4 hours, 2 hours, 1 hour, 30 minutes and 15 minutes each day respectively, your ears are at risk of getting severely damaged. Also, playing music at 120 dB or above can damage your ears instantly. You can have a realistic idea about the relation between decibels and sounds you commonly hear by referring to this list:
- 30 dB: soft whisper
- 75 dB: busy traffic
- 90 dB: noise of a motorcycle at 25 feet
- 100 dB: noise of a farm tractor
- 140 dB: jet plane taking off
Moreover, if you experience the following symptoms regularly, there's a high chance that you need to get your ears treated soon:
- A ringing sound in your ears when you are at a quiet place, which vanishes after a few minutes
- You need to raise the volume of TV or music to the fullest to hear it properly
- You have difficulty in hearing people talking at a distance of just 3 feet
How can you prevent the risk of hearing impairment?
When you're using earphones, keep the volume low. Also, using in-ear headsets or noise reduction/cancellation earphones also helps as it lets you hear the music distinctly at lower volumes by cutting out background noise.
CHECK: You need to lower the volume of your music if the person sitting or standing beside you can hear the sound coming out of your earphones.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?
Hi I am 29 years married female, want to loose weight currently I m 76 kg nd height is 5 ft 4 inch. Kindly give me solution to my obesity. I hv pcod. Want relif from huge belly n breast sizes.
I am having vaginal discharge with curd like smell? Is it toxic A child has eaten my nasal mucus wht will happen to him?
Greetings Doctor, I am marrying my cousin and both of us having same blood group (+B) is there any issue with that or not? As I have practically seen few couples who were cousins and their child born being abnormal ,defects or disabilities! Hopefully waiting for your reply sooner Regards.
Is it safe to abort first baby? If yes then which is the safest mode? Through tablet or through medical treatment of hospitalisation n all. What are drawbacks? Have heard n seen that after first baby abortion it gets difficult to conceive.
Fear is a very crippling feeling , which you might have to go through at various situations of life. You might be scared of heights, darkness, and public speaking, even scared of being lonely. Fear is very difficult to overcome as it can debilitate you and render you useless. Even if you cannot be superhuman, you can at least aim to be someone who can confront his/her fear and render the fear useless. Here are a few tips on how you can confront your fear:
- Breathe: Breathing slowly and deeply actually helps. It calms your nerves and relaxes you. Short and shallow breaths can trigger panic and fear. If you breathe out longer than the time you take to breathe in, your body relaxes immediately. Try it; it actually works the best. Whenever you feel that you are panicking or that you are feeling afraid, take deep breaths. Concentrate on your breathing. Count till 7 when you breathe in and till 11 when you breathe out. You will be surprised to find out how quickly you have calmed down.
- Identify the fear: This is a very important step as you need to figure out why you are scared or afraid. There has to be a specific reason behind every single fear that you have. Try to identify that reason. Delve deep into your memory and try figuring out what exactly evoked the fear. Once you know the reason, you will be able to understand the base of your fear, and you will find it easier to overcome.
- Get ready to be peaceful: If you start feeling anxious, nervous or afraid, breathe in and out. Then think of how you will get positive outcomes from the particular act you are being anxious about. If you have to go into a dark room to get something and you are afraid of darkness, just think how you will be able to get what you desire if only you step into the darkness for a fraction of second. This will help build your confidence and will slowly get you accustomed to moving on with your fear.
- Control what you imagine: If you are afraid of something, whether tangible or not, your imaginations about it will run wild. You might start imagining stuff which are not even real or which might just ingrain your mind and establish the fear on solid ground. Hence it is high time you need to control your imagination. Imagination is a very unique gift if you want to create something beautiful, which will help encourage you. But if you start imagining how a spider will just grow in size and number, and will fly towards you, then you have to put a lid on it.
Being afraid is common. Even the bravest people are afraid. Don't be embarrassed about that. Just face it and try to let go of it.