Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anita Bhargava
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anita BhargavaYour feedback matters!
I am a 30 years old married lady. My periods were always regular. This time my periods were supposed to come on 13th july but haven't come yet. I did pregnancy test at home but result was negative. Do home pregnancy test shows 100% accurate result? Should I do the test again for few times?
I got married 1 months before. My marriage is love cum arranged marriage. And we plan for our baby after 1 year so that we are doing our intercourse with safe and using Condoms only. But that one is not working all time so wen just want suggestions about pills that prevent pregnancy and without any side effects. So recommends as good birth control pill which is not harmful to both of us.
There are some foods which should definitely be a part of your regular diet, the health benefits they offer are amazing, and they are also easily available. One such superfood are chickpeas, or channa as they are popularly called. Another major advantage is that they can be cooked in various forms, and can also be eaten after simply boiling them.
Read on to know their amazing benefits on skin, hair, and overall health.
- Weight loss: With no extra fat and no extra calories, channa is one of the best ways to lose weight. Eat them on a daily basis, preferably without any oil. You could add it to khichdi, curries, or even eat the boiled peas. Rich in fiber and protein, it makes one feel full and reduces hunger pangs. This stops snacking urges in between meals, which is the major cause of weight gain. They can also be added to other foods like vegetables and fruits, which aid weight loss.
- Improved digestion: They help in cleaning the digestive system and kill bad bacteria in the stomach and keeps the stomach clean. It also improves the digestive process as there is high fiber content. Channa helps avoid constipation and allows for quick movement of food through the digestive tract.
- Boosts immunity: They are rich in antioxidants and various minerals and vitamins. The end result is better immunity, specifically due to folate, zinc, iron, and balanced pH in the body. This also helps the body fight infections.
- Controls diabetes: While some foods like chocolates are known for spiking up the sugar levels, foods like channa cause release of sugar at a slow, steady pace. This drawn-out process helps in preventing diabetes, which is basically caused by foods which spike up sugar levels sharply.
- Protection against heart disease: Chickpeas help control cholesterol levels, which are the main culprit for causing heart disease. Also, due to the high fiber content present in chickpeas, it does not allow for weight accumulation. The process of plaque buildup in the arteries is slowed. Blood pressure levels are also reduced, which is due to the high fiber content. Reduced plaque buildup also reduces the incidence of strokes and heart attacks.
- Skin: The manganese and molybdenum in the chickpeas help control wrinkles and purify the skin. Chickpeas paste can be applied on the skin as a face pack too. Ageing can be delayed by regular use of chickpeas in the diet.
- Hair: It reduces hair fall, controls dandruff, improve hair volume, and so is very good for hair health.
- Wound healing: Given that chana is high in proteins and essential vitamins and minerals, it helps in wound healing too.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
1. Taking plenty of water daily improve your skin texture.
2. Taking water in an empty stomach will reduce risk of getting stomach related illness.
3. It will improve the functioning of each organ.
4. If you drink more water before meal, obesity problem is gone.
I am 20. I had primolut, 2 tablets a day for 3 days from 22 to 24 and had emergency contraceptive on 25. What would be the effects and side effects of it? And by what date can I expect my periods?
Ever wondered why you needed to share your family’s health history at a doctor’s clinic? Specific questions regarding health issues of your immediate family or close blood relatives give your doctor an insight into various health risks you might have now or in future. Those are medical conditions inherited by parents or grandparents through genes. Genes are passed from parents to children in DNA of eggs or sperms. Even a single mutation (fault) in gene can influence body systems and may lead to disorders. If any of the parents have a faulty gene, there are 50:50 chances of the child inheriting it.
Hereditary heart diseases are also a result of mutation in one or more genes and tend to run in families. Genes control almost all aspects of cardiovascular system including strengthening blood vessels, pumping capacity or communication of cells in the heart. A single genetic variation is enough to alter cardiovascular processes increasing the risk of developing a heart disease, attack or a stroke. Some of the most common hereditary cardiac disorders include; Arrhythmias, congenital heart diseases and cardiomyopathy. A family history of heart attack or stroke is also an established high-risk factor for the family members. High blood cholesterol, medically known as familial hypercholesterolemia also tends to run in families.
Unfortunately, many of these conditions cannot be prevented since they are acquired through genes. But there are many ways in which these could be managed before they become complicated or fatal.
Let’s look at some ways by which we can deal with hereditary heart diseases and increase a patient’s chances of survival:
Early Diagnosis And Treatment: When one person in the family is diagnosed with a heart disease, it is strongly advisable for other family members to go in for screening. An early diagnosis can help in better treatment and management of the disease and impacts positively on patients’ life. Medical screening of siblings is highly recommended in case a person suffers a sudden cardiac death especially at a young age.
Watch out for these symptoms at a young age: Abnormal heart rhythm, asthma that does not get better with inhaler, seizures that do not improve with medication, extreme fatigue or shortness of breath are warning signals and need immediate medical attention.
Genetic Testing: Family members may opt for genetic testing to check if they carried genes of an inherited disorder.
Genetic Counselling: Genetic counselling deals with problems like anxieties and fear of attacks, confusion over disease and emotional difficulties in accepting the situation.
We may not be able to change the family history but we can surely change our environment, lifestyle and habits. Eating healthy and following an active lifestyle does help in prevention and management of such diseases. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!