Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anita BhargavaYour feedback matters!
Sir, Greetings! I got married 9 months past, but still not yet pregnancy for my wife. Monthly period is regularly is come.
Male menopause also called ‘andropause’ is characterized by changes in the male hormone 'testosterone’ due to age. Other names that are used to describe similar symptoms are ‘androgen deficiency’, ‘testosterone deficiency’ and ‘late-onset of hypogonadism’.
What Is Male Menopause?
Because men do not go through a well-defined period referred to as menopause, some doctors refer to this problem as androgen (testosterone) decline in the aging male -- or what some people call low testosterone. Men do experience a decline in the production of the male hormone testosterone with aging, but this also occurs with conditions such as diabetes (read more about diabetes problem). Testosterone is a hormone which is produced in the testes and it plays an important role in a man’s body; from regulating sex drive, increasing energy levels in the body, maintaining muscle mass to bringing about changes during puberty. Male menopause differs from female menopause in a few aspects and not all men are affected by it. However, this condition doesn’t cause impotence.
Along with the decline in testosterone, some men experience symptoms that include:
- Sexual problems
The symptoms of male menopause are low energy levels, fatigue, depression and an inability to focus on anything. You will lose muscle tone coupled with an increase in body fat; the muscles in the body also tend to become weak. Some other symptoms are decreased bone density and breast development.
There are no specific causes as such, but aging is known to play a major role in male menopause. Certain lifestyle factors such as depression, stress and anxiety can cause some symptoms of male menopause to show up such as erectile dysfunction. Not eating a balanced diet and not following a proper exercise regimen and drinking or smoking excessively can trigger symptoms of male menopause.
Once the diagnosis is done, the doctor will chart out a treatment course. The common treatment for male menopause is to make certain changes in your lifestyle – eating a well-balanced diet, getting optimal sleep and exercising regularly. Making these types of changes has been proven to dramatically improve the health of men affected by male menopause.
Another option is hormone replacement therapy, wherein synthetic or artificial testosterone is administered to the body. It is similar to performance e nhancers in terms of its side effects. So it is advised to consult your doctor and take a well-founded decision on whether to go ahead with the hormone replacement therapy.
Ayurvedic Management of Male Menopause:
- Manage your emotions through yoga and meditation.
- Attend couple’s counselling and talk your doctor about your issues. Educate yourself and your family about the condition.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Maintain your weight by doing regular exercise and diet.
- Do regular body oil massage with Ksheerabala taila, Sesame oil or Mahanarayana taila.
- You can undergo Ayurvedic treatments like Shirodhara, Rasayana and Vajikarana chikitsa to rejuvenate your body and enhance your sexual health.
Ayurvedic medicines like Ashwagandha, Kapikachhu, Shilajit, Gokshura, Musli, Amalaki, Punarnava, Chandraprabha vati, etc. are very beneficial.
*water is the main component of human body
*drinking 8-10 glasses of water each day to maintain good health
*drinking water makes us feel so refreshed that it actually improves our state of mind
*it has no calories, fat, carbohydrates or sugar
*about 60% of human body is made of water, and effects of dehydration can life threatening
I have weak musscles,had an attack of facial paralysis 10-15 years ago,now I am 70,a male taking ashwa sheelajeet of Patanjali and Chandraprabhavati daily still when I speak some effect of face right side yet tiltes.Kindly suggest remedy.Thanks
Mam I took i-pill 7 days before during sex we don't use condom.& from d very day when I took I pill my down side of stomach is paining lot. During the time of doing toilets also I am getting pain lot. Please suggest any tablet for relief of pain. My next day of period is on 1/8.I have taken earlier i-pill on last of June.& taken 4-5 time in total i-pill.
My wife is pregnant by 3 months can we have sex? Is it safe for both mother and child Pls advice if we have to avoid the same or some times we can have sex.
Continue period me sex karne se pregnancy possible hain? Continue period me sex krna medical science me sahi hain ya nhi?
Hi, Mera ek dant kharab hogaya hai aur bohot dard v ho raha hai aur mai pregnant v hu 5 months se. Kya kru? Please advise.
I have got itching in my vagina from last few months also I am getting white discharge coming out from vagina on and off n after few minutes its become thick cheesy clots and after this itching starts in my vaginal area what is it what do I do is It harmful. please suggest.
Hi doctor my age is 23 I have 1 girl baby she is 2years 2months. My height is 5.1 weight is 65kg. I have suddenly knee pain most of the time evening and night half day is there I can't sleep I can't sit that time doctor suggested do blood test uric acid today result also came 7.4 is there uric acid any problem for future pregnancy please tell me I'm taking weight loss capsule fatnile and nutrislim+ powder and capsule so please tell me.
I'm a 17 years old female. I always get my periods either 1 week late or 1 week early. I actually visited my doctor and she told me to attend some tests. All the reports were normal but still my periods are not regular. I'm very much worried. I don't understand what to do? Can you please help me?
Hello. I am 23. Since last 3-4 months my periods are a little scanty. And this month I have got my periods. M not sexually active. Also I feel my vaginal area is a little dry. Can a girl of 23 years old get menopause? Is this menopause or some other problem. I am otherwise very healthy. Do not smoke or drink and exercise regularly.
USG Breast: Normal fat globules and fibroglandular component, No mass, cyst/ calcification seen. Retromamary areas are normal, Nipple and retroareolar areas are normal, Normal Vascularity. Well defined hypo echoic lesion measuring 13*8 mm is noted in the right inner lower quadrant at 5 o'clock position of right breast, Left axillary lymph node measuring 7*6 mm noted with retained fatty hilum. Impression: Well defined hypoechoic lesion in the right inner lower quadrant at 5 o'clock position of right breast - fibroadenoma (BIRADS category III Lesion) Q. This is my USG report of my Breast, so can you kindly inform me do I need to do surgery for that or I can go for a course of medicine?
My vagina is burning badly. I had sex few weeks ago. After that my vagina started itching. And now, today's morning it started burning badly. I am not able to bear this burning sensation .what should .please tell me some home remedies. And please is there any serious problem .should I go to doctor. thank you.
हम सभी जानते है कि गर्मियों के दिनों में खुशबूदार पुदीने कई सारे फायदे होते हैं।
सबसे पहला फायदा इसमें पाये जाने वाला औषधी गुण है। खाने में स्वादिष्ट पुदीना को अंग्रेजी में मिंट (Mint) कहते हैं। खाने के साथ अगर इसे जोड़ लिया जाये तो आपके खाने के स्वाद में चार चांद लगा देता है।
पुदीना लंबे समय से खाने के साथ इस्तेमाल होता आ रहा है। सभी प्रकार की ज़डी बुटियों में हरा व फ्रेश पुदीना सबसे कारगर होता है।
अगर किसी भी जूस के साथ इसे मिला लिया जाये तो ये आपको तरोताजा कर देता है।
पुदीना के औषधी गुण को लोग बहुत पहले से जानते हैं इसीलिये पुराने जमाने में भी कई प्रकार की बीमारियों में इसका इस्तेमाल किया जाता था। सीने और पेट के दर्द के लिये तो पुदीना रामबाण औषधी है। इसके अलावा कई लोग इसे दांतों को सफेद व चमकीले करने के लिये भी इस्तेमाल करते थे।
पाचन शक्ति में वृद्धि – पुदीना पाचन शक्ति को बढ़ाकर, पाचन क्रिया को दुरस्त कर भूख बढ़ाने में सहायक होता है। पुदीने की खुशबू मुंह में सलाइवा और पाचन एन्जाइम को ज्यादा बनाती है। जिससे पाचन क्रिया में तेजी से सुधार आता है।
अपने शरीर को रखें ठण्डा – पुदीना ठण्डा होता है। इसे खाने से शरीर के तापमान में कमी आती है और हम ठण्डा महसूस करते हैं।
अस्थमा से राहत – कई वैज्ञानिकों से शोध में पाया कि पुदीने के सेवन से अस्थमा दूर किया जा सकता है।
कैंसर से बचाव – कैंसर के मरीज को पुदीना जरूर खाना चाहिये इससे कैंसर से लड़ने की शक्ति मिलती है।
मुंहासों से छुटकारा – चेहरे पर पुदीने का लेप लगाने से मुंह के मुहासों से छुटकारा मिलता है।
पुदीना के अन्य गुण व फायदे —
- अगर आपके मुंह में बदबू आ रही है तो पुदीने की पत्तियों को रोज़ाना चबाने और पानी में मिलाकर कुल्ला करने से मुंह की बदबू तुरन्त दूर हो जाती है। इस तरह ये माउथफ्रेशनर के जैसे काम करता है।
- किसी चोट या घाव पर पुदीने का लेप लगाने से घाव जल्दी ही ठीक हो जाता है।
- गर्मी में लू लगने पर पुदीने के रस को प्याज के रस के साथ मिलाकर पिलाने से जल्दी आराम मिलता है।
- पुदीना, प्याज का रस, नींबू का रस बराबर-बराबर मात्रा में मिलाकर पिलाने हैजा होने पर बहुत फायदा करता है।
- यदि किसी को उल्टी हो रही है तो पुदीने का रस हर दो घण्टे में पिलाने से रोगी को आराम मिलता है।
- पेटदर्द होने पर पुदीने को जीरा, हींग, काली मिर्च में नमक मिलाकर पीने से दर्द जल्दी ही आराम मिल जाता है।
- महिला को प्रसव के समय पुदीने का रस पीना चाहिए, इससे आसानी से प्रसव हो जाता है।
- पुदीना की पत्तियों को पानी के साथ उबालकर चाय की तरह पीने से बुखार में आराम मिलता है।
- यदि किसी को बहुत हिचकी आती तो पुदीना देने से तुरन्त लाभ मिलता है।
- हरा पुदीना पीसकर तकरीबन 15 लगाने से चेहरे की थकावट दूर हो जाती है एवं निखार भी आता है।
हम SSOHM में चाहता है लोग समझ सके की अभी भी आपके शरीर को सफाई करने में देरी नहीं हुई है। हम केवल आपके शरीर को साफ ही नहीं बल्कि कई खतरनाक बीमारियों से भी बचाएंगे।
जिससे आप जीवन पर्यन्त निरोगी रह सकें।
Sir my wife is 24 year old and she is not interested in sex what can I do please suggest although I am perfect in every respect.
One of the major milestones in a woman’s life is the entry into motherhood. For most women, when this does not happen in the natural logical sequence of things, there is anxiety and lot of pressure from family and friends.
However, with advancements now, there are options like intrauterine insemination and in vitro fertilisation (IUI and IVF) available, which can help increase the chances of conception and pregnancy. IVF is where the egg is retrieved from the woman’s womb, fertilised externally and then transplanted back into the uterus where it grows to full term. However, there are always unanswered questions like how long to wait before going for IVF, is it the right procedure for me, etc.
Read on to know to find answers to some of these.
- Maternal age: As a woman reaches 35 and a man reaches 40, the fertility rates drop significantly. The chances that a woman at 35 will conceive is about 20%, which goes down to 5% if the woman is 40. However, this rate can be significantly increased by using IVF. The quality of the egg would gradually deteriorate, and so if a woman is nearing 40, it is better to consider IVF as the ovarian reserve would be optimal with IVF.
- Failed intrauterine insemination: In couples who have problems with the sperm reaching the uterus, intrauterine insemination (IUI) is first attempted. However, if 3 or more attempts of fail, it is time to consider IVF.
- Duration of inability to conceive: While some couples conceive quite promptly in a month or two, most take about 6 to 8 months of unprotected sex to conceive. Therefore, IVF can be an option if you are failing to conceive even after a year. Less than a year, don’t fret. Take it easy and it might just do the trick.
- Medical health: Both the partner’s medical health should be taken into account. Lifestyle changes like smoking, alcohol abuse, drug abuse should be considered, which can account for poor sexual performance and therefore lead to an inability to conceive. Health conditions like diabetes and heart disease can also lead to infertility. Hypothyroidism in women is another thing that must be ruled out, as it often leads to an inability to conceive.
- Sexual problems with the partner: One of the first things to do before going for IVF is to check that the male does not have any issues. Be it erection issues or ejaculation issues or sperm issues, they need to be ruled out. Sperm quality, quantity, and motility have to be analysed, and if they are optimal, IVF can be considered. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.