Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anita AroraYour feedback matters!
I am 20 year old girl suffering from pcod for the past 2 year I have taken treatment but there is no effect either ayurvedic treatment is better result?
I am overweight, but happy news is I loss my weight from 85 kg to 82 - 83 kg.(in one month) I am not gym person. I go for walk, jogging, squatting all summed up in 30 mins session. Doctor, last month I missed my period too. Doc prescribed me medroxyprogesterone acetate. And I get my periods back. She advised me for weight reduction. Pls tell me about different ideas about boosting the weight reduction programme. Thanks.
I am 24 year old female. I had protected sex (condom, no breakage or leaking) with my partner on 24 nov 2016 which was 3 days before my period due date. After that on 27 I got my periods which lasted for 7 days. I generally has 33-36 days cycle. Today is 7th jan 2017 and still got no period for this month. I was in medication for pcos till may 2016. Is there any chance that I may be pregnant or its just because of pcos?
My friend is suffering from frequent urination. This problem is started from December 2015 she consulted a doctor he has taken urine test in which there is infection in urine. So he gave medicines for 15 days after 15 days everything becomes normal but after a month this started again she used to go washroom frequently after 10 min and only very little urine come sometimes she can't control toilet she has to rush to the washroom very fast. She also feel pain in vagina during urination. Then again she tested again infection came she again taken medicines. Then everything becomes normal. But. This problem takes place some time after 10 days or 15. I don't know what is happening to her. Sometime it happens when she is empty stomach. After having some food she feels good. N she also do dieting. Sometimes she skip meals. N only takes veggies and pulses. No chapatis no rice. So is this problem is due to skipping meals. Also she do not drink milk from 8 year. So can you please tell what is the exact problem?
Causes of Irregular menstrual bleeding and know how it can be diagnosed
Hai doctor Four months finished in my marriage life. But am not pregnant. I have my regular periods. I was so felt about these. I don't have any problem in my body. Please reply to clarify my doubts as soon as possible.
Let's be clear about what turmeric can not do:
Turmeric usually does not cause significant side effects -- ( The truth is that some people can experience stomach upset, nausea, dizziness, or diarrhea)
You can use turmeric if you have gallbladder problems -- (The truth is that turmeric can make gallbladder problems worse)
Turmeric is not helpful for diabetes -- (The truth is that early research suggests that taking turmeric daily for 9 months can reduce the number of people with prediabetes who develop diabetes.)
Now that we have cleared up what Turmeric cannot do, let's talk about what it Can do for you.
Turmeric has been used for roughly 4000 years as a medicine for a wide variety of medical conditions. Turmeric was mainly for digestive issues, but can be used to treat everything from indigestion to cancer.
The main active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin, and according to UMMC, 'Curcumin is also a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants scavenge molecules in the body known as free radicals, which damage cell membranes, tamper with DNA, and even cause cell death.
Antioxidants can fight free radicals and may reduce or even help prevent some of the damage they cause. In addition, curcumin lowers the levels of two enzymes in the body that cause inflammation. It also stops platelets from clumping together to form blood clots.'
Turmeric has been shown to treat:
The research that back up these claim is extensive to say the least. For instance, a publication from The International Journal of Biochemistry and Cell
'Although safe in most cases, ancient treatments are ignored because neither their active component nor their molecular targets are well defined. This is not the case, however, with curcumin, a yellow pigment substance and component of turmeric (Curcuma longa), which was identified more than a century ago. For centuries it has been known that turmeric exhibits anti-inflammatory activity, but extensive research performed within the past two decades has shown that the activity of turmeric is due to curcumin, a diferuloylmethane. This agent has been shown to regulate numerous transcription factors, cytokines, protein kinases, adhesion molecules, redox status and enzymes that have been linked to inflammation. The process of inflammation has been shown to play a major role in most chronic illnesses, including neurodegenerative, cardiovascular, pulmonary, metabolic, autoimmune and neoplastic diseases.'
The publications concludes:'The wisdom and scientific credentials of curcumin in the Ayurvedic and Chinese systems of medicine have been corroborated by numerous studies conducted over the past 30 years. These observations are also supported by epidemiological data suggesting lower incidence of chronic diseases in people from countries where curcumin is consumed. The various effects of curcumin have been widely studied in Western systems of medicine for decades, and has been found to possess antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities. Considering that inflammation plays a major role in most chronic illnesses, anti-inflammatory agents are needed for prevention purposes. Although several different steroids and NSAIDS (such as celecoxib, aspirin, ibuprofen, phenylbutazole, etc.) have been approved for treatment of inflammatory conditions, most of them have side effects, especially when consumed over long periods of time. Because curcumin inhibits multiple proinflammatory pathways and is affordable, this phytochemical should be further explored for prevention and treatment of various chronic diseases. Further clinical trials are needed to fully develop the potential of this 'age-old NSAID'.
Private parts not only make or break intimacy but also also affect your overall health. Men and women - both need to keep them clean. Here are 5 things that you need to religiously follow.
1) Wash them everyday - In case you are not washing your private parts every day, let me share with you that it is a must-do! Your private parts are moist and house many bacteria. You can use soap to wash but an unscented or mild one. Wash them with lukewarm and clean water.
2) Clean them up before and after sex - Cleaning your private parts before and after sex is of great importance. Before sex because of etiquette. And, after sex for a healthy sexual life ahead! The body fluids or semen which gather on and near your reproductive organs, if not washed can harbour the growth of bad bacteria and set a stage for infections.
3) Groom them well - Untrimmed hair around the private parts is highly unhygienic. It can lead to too much of itching, increasing the chances of infection.
4) Wear fresh undergarments everyday - Unwashed shirts can do but unwashed boxer or briefs is a big no-no. You need to keep your underwears clean & dry. Wear a fresh and clean undergarment every day. Changing your briefs after masturbation, sex, work-outs in gym is also highly recommended.
5) Don't delay visit to a doctor - If you are experiencing any sort of irritation, itching, redness, odour, swelling or other form of discomfort please do not delay in consulting a doctor. It can be a sign of a serious health problem or a severe infection.
My wife has white discharge from her vagina for past 3 days. What will be the issue. Bit worried. Can you help ?
My wife is in the early stage of pregnancy (three weeks. Can she have cashew nuts/dry fruits at this stage.
Ayurveda acharyas recommend this sweet liquid in diseases which arise due to vitiation of raktha (blood) and pitta.
* fresh pure sugarcane juice is rich in natural sugars and minerals. It is an instant energizer and provides strength to the body.
- its medicinal properties get enhanced when mixed with juices of lemon and ginger.
- the juice of sugarcane exhibits laxative properties.
- it normalizes bowel movement and relieves constipation.
- sugarcane juice is heavy to digest and boosts moisture level of tissues.
- regular consumption of this juice increases body bulk.
- cane juice increases kapha and acts as diuretic.
- it is aphrodisiac and helps in conditions like erectile dysfunction, low sperm count, and low sperm motility.
- fresh pure sugarcane juice is rich in natural sugars and minerals.
- it is an instant energizer and provides strength to the body. Its medicinal properties get enhanced when mixed with juices of lemon and ginger.
- it helps to clean the kidneys and eases urine flow in conditions like cystitis, benign prostatic hypertrophy (bph) and urinary tract infections.
- fresh and hygienically extracted sugar cane juice helps in liver detoxification.
- it rejuvenates liver and helps in speedy recovery from jaundice.