Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anita AroraYour feedback matters!
When a persistent lack of sexual desire inhibits your life, causing personal distress, you may be diagnosed with 'Loss of Libido' or 'Hypoactive sexual desire'. Low levels of sexual interest, which characterize this condition, leads to failure in responding to sexual intimacy. However, disinterest in sex does not necessarily mean you are suffering from sexual dysfunction.
If your desire to have sex is less often than your partner's, it does not necessarily render you dysfunctional, as you might be at such particular stage in life where several factors may contribute to a lack of interest in sex such as stress, work pressure, trauma etc. However, a notable difference between you and your partner, known as desire discrepancy, can cause distress.
Although cases of hypoactive sexual desire vary from one to another, certain common signs are apparent. They are:
- Having little or no interest in any kind of sexual intimacies, counting self-stimulation
- Seldom or no sexual thoughts or fantasies
- Being bothered by your own sexual inactivity
These symptoms can have several causes behind them. Sexual problems like premature ejaculation and Erectile dysfunction, medications, diseases, unhealthy lifestyle habits, and fatigue are some of the causes behind this sexual disorder. Hormonal changes during menopause or pregnancy can also be responsible; although psychological problems like stress, anxiety, poor body image and low self-esteem, or a history of physical or sexual abuse chiefly cause hypoactive sexual desire disorder in affected patients.
The treating physician and sexual therapist need to consider all above points to identify the root cause of the issue and find a comprehensive stepwise approach is a consensus with his patient after counseling the patient and doing necessary investigation.
Related Tip: 4 Easy Ways to Increase Your Libido
I have two child 8 years old and 4 years old. My husband is wants sex but I have no mood for that. Please suggest me.
I am 24 years old female want medical advice. I have a daughter (15 months old). I have done abortion by consuming Misogest kit within 15 days of pregnancy (urine test positive) after consulting with doctor . i hope it won't effect my fututre pregnancy ?
Give me a contraceptive method which is other than a loop, a condom, pills, injection and which is effective to me.
Me and my boyfriend got intimate when we met last time approx 2 weeks back. We both wore clothes but after sometime we realized my jeans was wet because of him and his shorts were also fully wet. Though vaginal area was not at all wet but do I need to do pregnancy test? Are there any chances of pregnancy?
Cinnamon is usually seen as a condiment added to almost any kind of dish to make it flavourful. But no dish in this world has ingredients which do not benefit the eater nutritionally. Cinnamon has been used for a long time in Ayurvedic medicines. It is a natural ingredient which keeps people healthy and nourished.
There are several benefits of consuming cinnamon some of them are explained below.
- Antioxidants: Polyphenol is one such antioxidant that is present in cinnamon. In fact, a study has shown that out of twenty-six natural ingredients which contain this property, cinnamon has emerged as a clear winner, even leaving behind garlic. It is also the antioxidant-rich property of cinnamon which makes it a well-known preservative. Thus apart from adding flavour, and having anti oxidant properties, cinnamon also preserves the food for a longer time.
- Anti-inflammatory: This is one of the most important properties of cinnamon. This helps in fighting diseases and keeps infections and diseases causing germs at bay.
- Helps in controlling heart diseases: Diabetes is one of the main causes of heart disease. However, it can be kept in control by controlling cholesterol levels and triglyceride levels. This can be effectively done by cinnamon. Thus by controlling diabetes and increasing good cholesterol in the body, cinnamon actually reduces the risk of getting heart diseases.
- Reduces insulin resistance: Insulin is an important element in the body. It controls hormonal and even blood sugar levels in the body. However, there are many people who have resistance to insulin. This actually is a serious issue which can give rise to diabetes and various other problems. However, a minimal intake of cinnamon everyday reduces the risk of being insulin resistant and helps the body to accept insulin more readily.
- Lowers blood sugar level: After mentioning how cinnamon makes insulin more acceptable in the body, it is important to highlight the other factors which are controlled by this ingredient which helps in maintaining a balanced sugar level in the body. First, it regulates the glucose entering the body. Second, cinnamon is made of a particular type of compound which can act as a substitute for insulin.
- Cancer: Till date, even after heavy research and tests, cancer has no definite cure. But theory has it that there are many natural preventive measures which can be taken against this deadly disease- consumption of cinnamon being one of them.
Thus, these are some of the main advantages of consuming Cinnamon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.