Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anita Aggarwal
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anita AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Hi, I just want to confirm one thing how much time to get pregnant after stopping oral contraceptive pills Its already 2 months to stop and m not pregnant yet I hope there is no any kind of future problem in pregnancy.
How do you suppose to sit?
Keep your feet on the floor or on a footrest, if they don't reach the floor.
Don't cross your legs. Your ankles should be in front of your knees.
Keep a small gap between the back of your knees and the front of your seat.
Your knees should be at or below the level of your hips.
Adjust the backrest of your chair to support your low- and mid-back or use a back support.
Relax your shoulders and keep your forearms parallel to the ground.
Avoid sitting in the same position for long periods of time.
How you should stand properly?
Bear your weight primarily on the balls of your feet.
Keep your knees slightly bent.
Keep your feet about shoulder-width apart.
Let your arms hang naturally down the sides of the body.
Stand straight and tall with your shoulders pulled backward.
Tuck your stomach in.
Keep your head level-your earlobes should be in line with your shoulders. Do not push your head forward, backward, or to the side.
Shift your weight from your toes to your heels, or one foot to the other, if you have to stand for a long time.
What is the proper lying position?
Find the mattress that is right for you. While a firm mattress is generally recommended, some people find that softer mattresses reduce their back pain. Your comfort is important.
Sleep with a pillow. Special pillows are available to help with postural problems resulting from a poor sleeping position.
Avoid sleeping on your stomach.
Sleeping on your side or back is more often helpful for back pain. If you sleep on your side, place a pillow between your legs. If you sleep on your back, keep a pillow under your knees.
Whole soy foods can protect against disease,
Provide nutritional benefits, and taste great in a
Variety of dishes! learn what makes soy so
Healthful, and ways to use this versatile food.
One of the healthiest changes you can make to
Your diet is to incorporate whole soy foods on a
Regular basis. Soy:
1. Is rich in protein, iron and compounds called
Isoflavones, which seem to protect against
Hormone-driven cancers such as prostate cancer
In men and breast cancer in women.
2. Helps protect your heart.
3. May help protect against lung cancer.
I recommend one to two daily servings of soy in
Relatively whole and unrefined forms such as a
Half-cup of tofu, tempeh, green soybeans
(edamame) or roasted soy nuts. You can also
Easily swap meat for tofu in dishes - baked tofu
Works well as a meat replacement in fajitas, stir
Fries and casseroles.
Sir /Mam We are planning for our 1st baby, but when we try for it sperms are immediately out from my wife's vagina, and we are confused now she can conceive baby or not please give the answer for clear my confusion?
I'm 6 weeks pregnant. My hba1c is 7.4 tsh report is 6.84 .my blood sugars uncontrolled since 8 months. Is it safe to continue pregnancy.
Hi I hve pcoc problem. Recently I go through i.u.i n having susten 200 nw. Bt still der is a 7 days fo my periods bt am having keen pain n der is no white discharge. Is it symptoms of monthly periods or us der is a chances to get pregnant?
Now again My wife is pregnant of one month. And our 1st child miscrage of 2 month without any problem Please guide about meal and fruit. His age is 29 and weight 62, height 5 ft 6 inch.
Respected Doctor, My wife gave birth a female child on Sep. 23.2015. It is a normal delivery. Now almost 4 months have been over. At birth time to reduce the stomach she bandaged by using cloth around her stomach for a 2 months. At that time the stomach is reduced but now the stomach size is being increased where is the wrong? Is there any excersize to do to decrease the stomach or else any other way? Please suggest me.
When female sex hormones such as Estrogen and Progesterone are out of balance and male hormone levels such as androgen are elevated within the body, it might lead to PCOD or polycystic ovarian disorder. This may cause the enlargement of the ovaries and numerous cysts to grow on the outer wall of the ovary. These growths can result in painful periods, infertility and several other symptoms because of the abnormalities in the body.
Most common symptoms of PCOS include:
1. Irregular and painful periods
2. Growth of facial and body hair also known as hirsutism (areas such as the face, fingers, toes)
3. Development of acne all over the body including the face
4. Sudden weight gain
5. Mood swings such as anxiety and depression
6. Thinning of hair
7. Pain in the pelvic area
Some of the other less common symptoms of PCOD are darkening of the skin, especially in the creases of the body such as the groin, neck, the area underneath the breasts and sleep disorders such as sleep apnea. Many women diagnosed with PCOD can have children without medical infertility treatment, although many other women tend to have fertility problems.
A few underlying factors have been noticed to be common in most cases. Some of these common factors that have been noticed are:
- Insulin Resistance: Insulin resistance is a condition wherein the body is either not able to produce enough insulin or cannot metabolize the sugar to produce energy. This results in blood sugar not being used up and thus accumulating within the blood which in turn forces more insulin to be made to compensate. High levels of insulin cause the ovaries to produce too much androgen which may lead to polycystic ovarian disorder. Insulin resistance can also lead to weight gain, which can worsen the symptoms of PCOD.
- Hormonal Imbalance: Women with PCOD have imbalances in certain hormones such as raised levels of testosterone, higher levels of prolactin and luteinizing hormone (LH), among others. The exact reasons for these imbalances are unknown. Scientists have suggested that the problem can start within the ovaries, or the part of the brain that controls their production of these hormones.
- Genetics: This syndrome runs in families; women with mothers, aunts, and sisters with PCOS have a higher chance of developing PCOD themselves. Genetics have definitely shown to have a correlation with the occurrence of the disorder.
PCOD doesn’t have any treatment yet, but the symptoms can be managed through medications and healthy habits. Treatment for PCOD differs for every woman depending on factors such as:
- Severity of the symptoms
- Condition of the ovaries
- Plans to have children in the future
- Risk of long term health complications or current problems such as heart diseases or diabetes among others
- Some of the basic steps to manage PCOD at home are through weight loss, improving your diet, reducing blood glucose levels, amongst others.
Some medications that may be used to relieve symptoms of PCOD are
- Hormonal birth control pills - These regularize the period cycle, help reduce acne and extra hair growth and also help in prevention of unwanted pregnancies.
- Anti-androgen medicines - They can block the effects of excess androgen and thus help in reducing hair loss, facial and body hair growth and acne.
Certain medications which are used to treat type-2 diabetes have also been put to the test and have shown effective results in trials. However, these have still not been approved by the regulatory authorities.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!