Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anita AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am taking novelon from 20 days and my period date was 18 th april. But may I be pregnant in this time. Is it possible?
My breast are so loose and small. How can I make it in perfect size. Any exercise can improve it, then please suggest me or something else which can improve it. Thanks.
I am 30 years old female . My marital life completed 4 years. My problem is that between me and my husband the sexual communication is not good. Also he has health complaint . I am not getting pregnant. Also we attempted ivf one cycle. Its failed. Now my problem is as usual. So what I do now for getting pregnant now.
Using contraceptive methods is the easiest method for a couple to avoid pregnancy and enjoy a tension free physical relationship. People have used birth control methods for thousands of years. Today, we have many safe and effective birth control methods available to us.
All of us who need birth control want to find the method that is best for us. If you're trying to choose, learning about each method may help you make your decision. Only you can decide what is best for you. Some contraceptives, such as condoms, will also protect a person from sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
The methods can be categorised into temporary and permanent methods:
1. Withdrawal method: This involves removing the penis from the vagina before ejaculating. Ejaculation should be away from the introitus. However, it requires extreme self-control on the part of your man.
2. Barrier methods: These methods prevent sperm from entering the uterus. Barrier methods are removable. Types of barrier methods include:
a. Condom: This is the oldest barrier method. A condom is a thin tube that the man puts over his penis. This keeps the sperm from getting to the egg. Condoms are also called rubbers.
b. Female condom: This is like a condom, but it goes in the woman's vagina.
c. Diaphragm and cervical cap: These are put in the woman's vagina to cover the cervix
d. Contraceptive sponge: This is a sponge that is filled with spermicide and is put in the woman's vagina over the cervix.
Barrier methods can be easy to use and have few side effects.
3. Hormonal methods: These can only be used by women. Hormonal methods cause changes in the woman's reproductive cycle and include birth control pills, birth control patches, emergency contraception pill, Implants and so on. Unlike barrier methods, hormonal methods do not interfere with sex.
4. Intrauterine methods: In this method an object called an intrauterine device or IUD is put in the woman's uterus. There are two types of IUD: the copper IUD or an IUD with hormones implanted on it. The hormonal IUD has better protection against pregnancy but costs more. You need not do anything once it is inserted. Also, it is effective for up to 10 years.
Of course, the permanent methods are more effective for preventing pregnancy than the temporary methods. The decision to proceed with a permanent method should only be made if a person is absolutely sure that no more children are desired. The biggest problems after a permanent procedure is regret that it was done.
Sterilization is a permanent form of birth control that prevents a woman from getting pregnant. These procedures usually are not reversible.
a. A sterilization implant is a non-surgical method for permanently blocking the fallopian tubes. The doctor places a coil in each Fallopian tube through the vagina and uterus block each tube completely. It may take up to 3 months to completely block the tubes.
b.Tubal ligation is a surgical procedure in which a doctor cuts the fallopian tubes. This procedure blocks the path between the ovaries and the uterus. The sperm cannot reach the egg to fertilize it and the egg cannot reach the uterus.
c. Vasectomy is a surgical procedure that consists in cutting the tubes that carry sperm. This procedure blocks the path between the testes and the urethra due to which the sperm cannot leave the testes and hence cannot reach the egg. It can take as long as 3 months for the procedure to be fully effective.
She is having problems during menstrual Irregular, highly painful, heavy bleeding since last one year. She is 52 years and she shud have had menopause now but no. Pls advise. Rgds.
Every individual experiences anxiety in some form at some point of time. One suffers from an anxiety disorder if one experiences dogged, unrealistic worrying about everyday life. One is said to experience panic attack if the abrupt attacks have symptoms like racing heart, nausea, tremors and intense fear. A panic attack is a sudden rush of overwhelming anxiety and fear. The heart pounds and breathing becomes difficult. If ignored and untreated, panic attacks can lead to panic disorder and may cause one to withdraw from normal activities.
With a little mindful attention and practice, one can reduce or eliminate the symptoms of a panic attack, manage anxiety, and prevent attacks from occurring in the future and regain control of life. If one is having a panic attack, then the aim is to calm oneself at the moment by breathing deeply. This would reduce the stress and provide oxygen to the brain to help one focus. Hold your breath to start with and reduce the feeling of choking and then begin to breathe slowly. Inhale through nose and exhale through mouth till one notices a difference in muscle relaxation and clarity of thought.
During a panic attack, your thoughts are often jumbled up. This is due to the fact that one's heart rate has kicked off and breathing is in high gear, muscles are tensed and blood flow is constricted. One should try to focus on one's senses and should distract the mind from fear through different mental diversions. This can be as simple as reciting the lyrics to your favourite song or poem until one has calmed down a bit. It is important that one should make sure not to distract by leaving the situation that has caused the panic. One must ride out the panic attack at the same place else one will likely associate that place or situation with fear triggering future attacks.
Try to practice progressive muscle relaxation by slowly going through body and tensing and relaxing each muscle group. It relaxes muscles as well as forces one to concentrate on something other than fear. Although, if one want to reduce the anxiety, don't ignore it. One should try stop anxiety producing thoughts and replace them with images of something that brings you happiness or peace. Using guided image of a place where one feel at peace and relaxed, reduce one's experience of anxiety. Further, add details to the scene, so that one is focusing the entire mind on imagining it.
Taking care of one's physical health will help take care of mental health. Healthy exercise and diet habits will help you manage manage anxiety. Getting an body active, especially through aerobic exercise, releases chemicals that are responsible for increasing ones feelings of peace and happiness. Stimulants like as caffeine and nicotine worsen existing anxiety and dependence on them can increase feelings of stress and anxiety when one don't get enough of it. Eat a balanced diet with plenty of lean protein, complex carbohydrates like whole grains, and fresh fruits and vegetables and avoid processed and high-sugar foods. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
How many days we can still wait for labour pains after the expected date of delivery? Please advice.
Mindfulness is increasingly being incorporated in exercise regimens. People want more than just a sexy body, and want a space to develop mindfulness whether that is breathing meditation affirmations etc.
- If under 40 years hold stretches for 30 seconds and above 40 holding it for 60 seconds as reaching 40 muscles become less pliable, so it needs to stretched longer.
- Sit-ups increase range of motion which makes abdominal muscles work harder and longer
- Pull the belly button towards spine and hold for 10 seconds while breathing normally and repeat for five times, as this will strengthen the core muscles within.
- Make sure gi (gastrointestinal tract) is healthy because as it absorbs nutrients. And take vitamins fibre minerals a probiotic and water. And drink at least two to three litres of water a day.
Hi doctor, 3 months before married to my wife 26 yrs. But after intercourses not conceived, so after consulting a DGO done a ultrasonography- abdomen & pelvis (TAS & TVS). In the result given, minimal free fluid in the POD Impression:- USG Abdomen and pelvis reveled 1. Polycystic ovarian disease is of concern Given. From this what we want to mean. Kindly reply me as soon as possible.
Hi, is there any less effect tablets that are available in the market to avoid unwanted pregnancies or to prevent pregnancy? We have been using condoms since last 3 years and feeling not satisfied.
Hi i am a 21 years old female my height is 5.4 and my weight is 48 kg I wanna know is this weight is fine at this age?
Infertility is a condition, which is diagnosed as the inability of the woman to conceive a child even after a prolonged duration of unprotected intercourse (for about 6 months to 1 year). This condition can affect both the genders. Infertility might cause immense societal embarrassment for the couple and can mar the joys of a relationship. The causes of infertility in male and female are as follows:
- In males, infertility might stem from injury to the testicles, erectile problems, premature ejaculation, infections due to sexually transmitted diseases, structural deformation of the testicles, little or irregular sperm count and blockage of the ejaculatory duct.
- In females, infertility might develop due to abnormal periods, polycystic ovarian syndrome, diseases which cause inflammation of the pelvis such as gonorrhoea and chlamydia, a disorder in the thyroid glands, blockage of the fallopian tubes and structural deformation of the uterus.
- The common reasons of infertility in both men and women can be attributed to increased body weight, old age, excessive consumption of alcohol, diabetes, mental anxiety, side effect of radiation therapy and prescribed medications.
As it is a holistic mode of treatment, Homeopathy can be used to treat infertility as the preparations do not contain any toxin and has zero side effects.
1. In men, if the reason behind infertility is irregular sperm count, then a prescribed dosage of X-Ray might help.
2. If infertility is caused due to erectile problems along with symptoms of severe mental stress, involuntary discharge of semen and lack of sexual desire, a prescribed dosage of Caladium or Selenium might be helpful.
3. If the discharge from the vagina appears to be acidic which gradually destroys the sperms, Borax might be prescribed.
4. If the woman suffers from episodes of irregular, but enduring menstrual periods, a prescribed dosage of Calcarea Carb might be helpful. If the duration of the periods is short, Pulsatilla might also be prescribed.
5. In women, if the symptoms include a lack of sexual desire along with excessive pain in the vagina during sexual intercourse, Sepia might be recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.