Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anita Agarwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anita AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Born as a male but feel like a female OR born as a female but feel like a male. Some persons are unable to feel comfortable in the physical gender that they are born in; their mind, brain, feeling and thoughts are all of the opposite sex. This uncomfortableness in their mind about their physical gender is termed as Gender Identity Disorder.
What's the cause?
We do not know the exact cause of this disorder, but it is hypothesized that developmental changes in the brain and the body do not sync, and the brain/mind is left with a different gender than the body. This is mostly an unidentifiable and unpredictable change.
What are the symptoms?
- Children might express a desire to dress up as the opposite sex.
- They might express replusion at one's own sex organs/genitals.
- As adolescence begins, they do not develop feelings of attraction towards members of the opposite sex. Some complain of revulsion about their pubertal changes.
- Males want to pee while sitting down, while females want to do it standing up.
- Their behavior is often more like that of the opposite sex, e.g. boys might display feminine gestures, while girls might indulge in risk taking and reckless behavior.
- As they become adult, a realisation that they are stuck in a body that they do not like causes depression and anxiety.
Diagnosis: A diagnosis of Gender Identity Disorder (GID) is made based on a detailed assessment by a Psychiatrist, who is specially trained in this assessment. WPATH standards mandate that this is an ongoing assessment, and involves facilitating the process of Hormonal Treatment and eventual Sex Reassignment Surgery. The whole process can take 2-3 years.
Treatment: For those who have severe GID, eventual sex reassignment surgery is the treatment and outcome. However, support of family, friends and a Good Psychiatrist can enable a smooth transition. Psychiatrists will often use antidepressants and anxiolytics to make it easier for the person to cope with societal and family pressures.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi, I had unprotected sex last to last sunday i.e. 19th November, it was the last day of my menstruation, then I had sex last Sunday, i.e. 26th November, and I experienced some blackish blood discharge today, (30th November). I don't have any other weird noticeable changes, what should I do? Can this possibly be pregnancy?
Present I am 4 month pregnant. Thyroid test is done, TSH value is 4.4.What is the minimum TSH level for pregnancy ladies. What are effects? What are precautions? Which madice is used? Is there any problem for the baby's growth? Please suggest me.
Hello doctor I want to get my periods date extend due to some reason if I take some medicine is it create any problem while conceiving pls tel what to do to gets my period delayed?
Namaste, I am Dr. Surjeet Kaur Baba, practicing Ayurveda physician, cosmetologist, skin anesthetic trichologist and nutritionist. Today we will talk on lifestyle disorders and how we can handle it with Ayurveda. Our lifestyle has taken a lot of toll on our health giving rise to many diseases like diabetes, hypertension, obesity and also depression. So how can we make changes in our lifestyle to handle it. It is very simple.
- We need to incorporate more walk in our daily life, eat less or eat in a smaller plate.
- We need to include diet like seasonal vegetables and fruits, have whole meals, have whole grains in your meals.
- Let's incorporate yoga and pranayama.
- Try to take maximum walk during the day.
- Take the stairs in case if you are going to your office or your home.
- Meditation plays imporatnat role in the improvement but sounds difficult. It's very difficult to meditate if you just start on your own but Ayurveda has a way to do it. It helps you through shirodhara. A stream of warm oil flows on to the center of the forehead. It's also known as a third eye. This stimulates the pituitary gland and gives you a very blissful experience. You should experience it in order to understand.
- There are few medications available to help you in your weight loss. Medicines like Garcinia, Gogol, triphala, Nishod etc also help in losing weight and also helps in removing toxins from the body.
- Last but not the least you need to grab good amount of sleep. A minimum of six to eight hours of sleep is essential for a sound health.Friends don't forget, you need not sleep during day time as it is totally contraindicated in Ayurveda. One can also relax by taking a Birmingham treatment in an ear by clinic.
Let us incorporate the Ayurveda way of lifestyle for sound health. For more information please visit www.lybrate.com. Thank you.