Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. Animesh AryaYour feedback matters!
I am 83 and have tenacious phlegm in the throat in the early morn, which has to be brought out by violent retching while brushing the teeth in the morning. Guidance, please
Suffering from nasal polyp-mouth breathing, no smell, no taste -2 months, alternate treatment without surgery ?
Sir my friend' s sister is suffering from tuberculosis in left knee from 6 month and day by day it is getting complicated to suffer please help.
Sir I have some cough problems last one year. And also have some kind of allergy in nose. Whenever I come in contact with fast blowing air. I become an patient of cold.
Her age 35 was recently diagnosed on hospital admission with breathlessness following exposure on cold air. What advice she need.
My father is coughing from last 1 month im very worried of tuberculosis there is no any other symptoms often. Due to this I'm in depression can not eat properly I don't want that my father has to suffer from tb. Cause I knot the side effects of antibiotics taken for tb. What to do 1 week ago we taken them to doctor they just given tablet and syrup.
I have a small air lock in my lower left lung. This has been there for more than 8 years and using Iprovent and Faercort 200 inhaler. But in the last month I develop lung congestion accompanied with severe cough as I struggle get the sputum out. Regular anti-biotic it is reduced but not fully recovered. Suggest me what medicine I should take. I am smoker but reduced considerably less.
Coughing during the night can really wreak havoc for your sleep and cause inexplicable discomfort in the throat and chest region. Thankfully, you can manage it by soothing your tickling throat as well as sensitive airways before you go to bed at night.
- Drink herbal tea: A mugful of non-caffeinated tea mixed with a teaspoon of honey before going to bed can help you to a considerable extent. This is because any warm liquid has the power to break down the formation of mucus in the throat region and with a bit of honey, the herbal tea becomes even more powerful.
- Try to sleep in an inclining position: Gravity is your greatest enemy while combating night-time cough. When you lie down flat on your back at night, all the mucus and dust particles, which you have swallowed all through the day, would accumulate in the throat area and aggravate it making more cough. But you can easily defy gravitational force by piling up some pillows and prop yourself on them while sleeping. You may also keep a wooden block of 4 inches height under your head, which would keep the acids in the stomach so that they don’t come up to irritate your throat.
- Make sure you use the steam cautiously: When your airways are dry, it can make you cough harder. Therefore, you may find relief if you take a warm shower or a bath before going to bed. But you have to be sure that you don’t have asthma as steam can prove harmful for you.
- Check the level of humidity: Humidifiers are known to soothe the problem of persistent coughing when the surrounding air is dry. But too much of moisture during the night can also make you cough. This is because dust mites, mold and other allergens thrive well in the damp air and they could conspire to make your cough even worse. So, pick up a cheap hygrometer from a hardware store and see that the humidity level stays within 40 to 50 percent.
- Equip yourself at night: Keep all the things from drops to water to cough syrup or anything that soothes coughing at your bedside so that you can help yourself in case you wake up in the middle of the night and start coughing.
By following these few tips every day, you can manage the night time cough and have a good night’s sleep without any interruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.