Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anil SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr. I am a male and I had protected oral sex with a male. He inserted his penis in my mouth and there was some amount if friction dye to vigorous and deep penetration. He did not ejaculate and had a condom wien throughout the act. This was my only sexual exposure till date. I am really worried that I may have got hiv thru his pre cum if the condom developed a hole due to friction. your if it tore. your don't remember if it was intact. please help.
I am 27 year old suffering HBSAG positive value 4269.79 no stomach no fever etc. How can I get clear this.
Hello. i am suffering from epilepsy since 5yrs. And m on medications levipil. Want to know side effects of this.
Pre cum can be responsible for pregnancy? When I sex something comes out from penis in starting. Actually I want sex without condom but afraid. please help.
I am 28 year old smoking from last 4-5 years but from last two months I have a bad cough mostly with hot itching in my throat and even there are points of black cough with it, from last two weeks I am feeling light pain in my right chest or you can say pressure while breathing, from last month I am taking a single cigarette per day, so please consult what should I do ?
My mom is a diabetic patient. She is 48age. She takes glisen vm2 as sugar medicine and also takes insulin once a day. Since few days most of the time her head is spinning and it lasts for long time.(min 2-3hrs. Should we go for further tests if you advice.
I think I am having some problem in my ear. Last 3 days I am hearing a sound like fan inside my ear. I could hear the sound 2 or 3 times a day. But I never feel any pain. Please give me a solution and send me any physician number for consulting.
I am 14 years of age and suffering from fever cold and cough. Cough is unbearable. Past 6 days I have taken maflafort, asthalin, allfacet, fever some times comes and goes but cough is not controllable.
I am having dizzy head at almost any time. While sleeping also when I suddenly get up or take turns I need time to get stable. In between of walking also I feel like I will fall down at times. The feeling comes very frequently and lasts for about 1-2 minutes each time. I have done CT scan, MRI, heart check-up. Everything, doctor has not detected anything and has just given some pills. Please suggest me what should I do? Whom to consult or what medication should I take. I am having this problem mildly since 2 years. But this has become frequent since about last 1 month. Eagerly waiting for your suggestion.
I am having migraine problem. I get a severe headache whenever I travel. Kindly suggest me remedy. Nd even at night tym some times.
My name is Kajal . My age 30 years old Female . My stomach is pain . We have solution in treatment .
I am Suffering from Masturbation in Twice a day how can I control this. And what measures I wanna do for avoiding complete masturbation reply.
I am 31yr male I have dandruff (not dandruff) like white powder like infection on my penis. What should be done?
The neck and shoulder have a huge range of movement and thus they are more prone to injury. The ball and socket joint at the upper arm is the shoulder and both the neck and the shoulder are made up of soft tissues, muscles and ligaments.
Reasons behind pain Injured rotator cuffs:
Rotator cuffs are the tendons supporting the shoulder. If they are injured it might lead to a chronic loss of the range of movement. This is more commonly known as a frozen shoulder.
- Dislocation: Dislocated disc of the neck or shoulder due to an accident would cause severe pain in the affected area.
- Fractures: Fractured collarbone or the upper arm bone may result in chronic pain.
- Tendonitis: This occurs due to the over usage of the arms or neck or strains due to over exertion like in sports.
- An unstable shoulder joint: If there is instability in the ball and socket joint of the upper arm, chances of having a chronic pain is high. Others: Degenerative arthritis, herniated disc, and even heart attacks can be the other possible causes of chronic neck and shoulder pain.
When to go to the doctor?
When the patient experiences a pain due to a severe blow or injury, the neck pain radiates down the legs and arms, a feeling of numbness and tingling sensation, or has a stiff neck with fever or vomiting, it is essential to seek the advice of a Doctor.
Diagnosis for shoulder and neck pain X-ray:
The main form of diagnosing a pain is an x-ray. It helps to reveal diseases from arthritis, tumour, slipped disc, narrowing spinal cord, fractures and spinal cord instability.
- MRI: Magnetic Resonance Imaging or simply the MRI reveals the detail of nerve-related issues along with the problems in the ligaments and tendons.
- CT scan: There may be instances when the injuries are difficult to be diagnosed. And, in the case of a fracture, a CT Scan is advised for more details. It is also an alternative to MRI.
- ECG: An Electrocardiogram is a way of diagnosis if shoulder and neck pain continues along with chest pain or shortness of breath. If there is a risk of an individual having a heart attack, then an ECG is recommended.
- Electro Diagnosis: Electromyography referred to as EMG and Nerve Conduction Velocity (NCV) are used to diagnose pain in the arm, neck, shoulder followed by a numb feeling on the affected areas.
Treatment for chronic shoulder and neck pain
A simple sprain on the neck and shoulder would demand a rest for a few days along with pain medication. If the pain is due to muscle spasms application of dry or moist heat may provide relief. In the case of a swelling due to injuries, a cold ice pack 4 to 8 times a day will provide immense relief. Patients might be advised a cast or sling for the shoulder pain. The soft tissues in the neck and shoulder can be treated with pain relievers taken for a few days. Muscle relaxants are also prescribed depending on the severity of the pain. Local corticosteroid injections are helpful for shoulder arthritis. Platelet rich plasma injection is another modern treatment for arthritis or tendinopathy. In some situation, radio frequency procedures are very helpful. Exercises are very effective for both neck and shoulder pain movement. Surgery might be an option if nerve roots are affected.
You may develop a form of diabetes during pregnancy, which is known as gestational diabetes. The condition usually goes away after childbirth. During pregnancy, hormonal changes within the body may cause the blood sugar level to rise. This condition affects the developing fetus as well, as the baby receives nutrients from your blood. The baby may store the extra sugar as fat and may grow unusually large.
How gestational diabetes affects the baby
Owing to the abnormally large size, the baby may be at risk of facing several complications, if you have gestational diabetes. Your baby may be affected in the following ways:
1. There may be injuries during birth due to the large size.
2. Low blood sugar level and mineral level during birth.
3. Jaundice, which is a condition which turns the skin to yellow.
4. The baby may be born prematurely.
5. Breathing problems which are temporary.
6. The baby will be at a higher risk of obesity later in life.
How gestational diabetes affects the mother
The chances of several pregnancy complications get enhanced due to gestational diabetes. The possible risks are as follows:
1. Chances of undergoing a C-section
2. Chances of miscarriage
3. High blood pressure.
4. Pre-term birth
5. After giving birth, the mother has high chances of developing type 2 diabetes.
How to manage gestational diabetes?
You can follow several tips and must undergo lifestyle changes for keeping your diabetes in control. These include the following:
1. You should have a healthy diet with reduced amount of carbohydrates as they cause the sugar level to increase. You must abstain from high sugar food items.
2. Regular physical exercise is essential for the management of sugar levels. You should work out for at least 30 minutes every day.
3. Regular health check-ups are very important, especially for your baby after birth. These may include ultrasounds and nonstress tests.
4. Prescribed medication such as insulin and several others help in the management of blood sugar levels.
5. You must observe your blood sugar level properly. You should take a blood sugar test many times a day.
6. You should always watch your symptoms for any sign of blood sugar during pregnancy.
In case you are diagnosed with gestational diabetes, you must consult a doctor immediately. Managing this condition at an early stage will prevent your baby from being affected in several ways. The condition can be successfully managed and majority of women with gestational diabetes have regular vaginal births and produce healthy babies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.