Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anil SangwanYour feedback matters!
Experienced professional people. Appreciated.
I am suffering with teeth pain since 1 month not even 1 medicine also working how my pain wil go can you help me.
Hi I have need to eat food but I can't eat because in my mouth sores any kind infection and I face problem to eat foods.
Hi, I am 28 yrs old, male and I have a pain in my left gum ( mouth) for last 1 months. What should I do.
I have rashes on tongue and inside mouth and thick white material on tongue. What should i do? please advise.
I am having a blister form past 4 days in my mouth, I have tried various home remedies but it did not get all right, I don't know what to do? Please help me with my problem.
I had a tooth removal how long should I wait till smoking If I did 2-3 hours after the removal is there any problem.Please tell.
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.
I AM 19 years old. I AM SUFFERING FROM MOUTH ULCERS FROM LAST 10 days. IT IS'NT HEALING. WHAT SHOULD I DO? Help me.
I have my dental problem recently i met with accident in 29-1-2015 still my teeth not fix i suffered lots of problem i want my teeth back and i am just 26 year old and i am working also one of the reputed company because of my teeth i loose my confident and i lose my old look also .I love my face very much but i dont have that much of money to effort my treatment .Kindly suggested any help for me
I am 27 years old male, I have a oral ulcer more then 3 weeks. But the ulcer is very small. Inside the both cheek, white color, ball type. No pain. Not spreading. I have taken vitamin b complex with vitamin c capsule, 2 capsules in a day for 10 days. But not cured completely. How to cure completely.
Many people don't see a dentist until it's too late. We call this" emergency treatment" instead of" preventative treatment.
Remember: tooth decay doesn't hurt until it's too late. While patients may feel they are saving money, it usually ends up costing much more in both cost and time.
Ask us a private question to discuss your oral problems one on one or schedule your preventative dental visit today.