Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anil Menon
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anil MenonYour feedback matters!
Hi, I need expert advice regarding my 3 year old son (bithday - 24/04/2012). Following are some achievements of vibhore. he is asia book of records and india book of records holder as youngest kid to recall multiplication tables up to 20. at age of 2 and half years. he knows all elements of chemistry, periodic table and can tell their symbols too and atomic numbers, he can recognize more than 125 car logos, he can point and tell names of all countries of world and can point in world map, he can point at all usa states in usa map, he knows all states of india and can point at their location on india map, he can answer many general knowledge questions promptly, he knows all planets of solar system in sequence, rainbow colours in sequence, english vowels, even/odd numbers etc. He can answer some general knowledge questions about them too, he can read level 1 and level 2 books easily and can write in sentences too, he can use google/youtube to learn/read more about topics of his interest like countries, animals, indian personalities, shapes etc. he can mimic 25+ indian personalities and can tell 30+ animal voices (can recognize more than 80 animals)? he himself concluded algebra equation that x+x=2x. He can answer till x=20 as he knows tables till 20. he knows all akshar of hindi varanmala, he knows uppercase and lower case english alphabets he can answer what comes after what comes before for all things he knows he can count in english, hindi, roman and spanish he can do addition (3 digits) and double digit subtraction too. He can verbally solve basic maths addition/subtraction/division/multiplication he learnt some basic maths concept by using calculator like x/0 is infinity, x/1=x, x*1=x, x*0=0 etc he can also use abacus to mark numbers he can tell einstein equation, area and parameter formulas, value of pi etc he can recognize many symbols of indian currencies, maths, computers etc he is almost all 2d and 3d shapes and can tell how many sides do all have he can easily type anything on laptop and know all keys and their functions. He know many shortcuts on keyboard eg: cut, copy, paste, find, bold, italics etc he can solve india map puzzle (29 pieces), asia map puzzle (50+ pieces), europe map puzzle (45+ pieces) and africa map puzzle (50+ pieces) he can solve world map puzzle in less than 5 minutes he know counting upto 1000 and even more he can operate 200+ apps on tablet from age of 19 months and is very good at solving all kids on puzzles on it, he won competition of an mnc as? most talented kid? and got title as you name it and he know it, he can recite more than 40 english/hindi poems, he won title of most active kid at age of 19 months at mothers pride gurgaon, he can do colour sorting, shape sorting, telling sequences, solving puzzles of 4+ years from age of 19 months, he can tell name of baby animals, he know all body parts, 80+ animals, colours, fruits, almost all vehicles, animal voices, animal babies etc. he can write more than 500+ spellings, mark direction on a paper and the list is long. Please share how can I get his iq assessment done. I got mail from mensa for him but they need wisc test. Is that test available in gurgaon for 3 years old kid. Please help me. With his acheivment list I also want to mention, he is still learning to communicate means he has speech delays. He communicate his needs well but cant tell them in sentences.
I have lots of tension about my exams I should get early in the morning and start reading. Lots stress with headache. How I can reduce my stress and headache.
1.In last 7 year I am feeling very sadness depressed and hopeless now I am age 17 I can not make good friend. Spoil my social life. 2.when I was 10 year my father hit me daily and said bad word and harass. 3.now day I am veryshyness i cant conversation properly. 4.help me please chat I am belongs to poor family.
What are the side effects of lithicarb ,abilify &seroquel ? a family member is being given lithicarb 250X1 breakfast & 250X2 dinner ,abilify 5 mg brakfast ;seroquel 12.5 mg dinner .These medicines patient is taking for last 4 -5 years. Pl. Let me know what are it's side effects in the long run & how long a patient can be given theses medicines?
I am getting too much lazy every day what's the reason I am not getting by this I am not able to study for my xams. So kindly tell me how to become very active.
My friend studying with me had a crush on a boy in our class she never talks to him and neither wanted to be in a relationship as her parents are against this we are taking coaching for neet please help what she must do I wanted to help her in this situation.
I am a 46 years old guy with OCD (cleanliness - washing hands after most activities with soap) and I have worked for 3 to 4 years all put together. I am jobless since quite some time. I do few household work and lead a idle life. I cannot cope with daily job routine, also I cannot perform on the job. Job is a must for me for survival as my savings are getting exhausted. These days I get tired easily. I find I lack energy also. I feel lethargic, sleepy most of the time. I am scared of the future. I am scared of life as I am unable to get job also. How do I make myself feel active, energetic. Rgds, Monty.
Anger is good. It protects you. But intense, uncontrolled anger may destroy valuable relationships. Anger is a result of anxiety and fear. When we assume that our expectations will not be met, we become anxious. When we feel unsure about our own capabilities we become anxious. This anxiety creates fear. Anxiety comes from our beliefs. All beliefs can be modified.
Anger has lots of energy. Avoid arguments/confrontations when you are very angry. When you are very angry you are likely to use rough language which may damage your relations and you are likely to behave impulsively. All this you might regret later on. Following are a few techniques which will help you to manage your anger in difficult situations :
- Sit down and have a glass of water, slowly. This will help you to calm down a little.
- Avoid or go away from that room or situation. Tell the people concerned, that you are angry and would like to discuss it some other time.
- Deep breathing exercises help a lot. Close your eyes, take 10 deep breaths, turn your attention towards your body. See what is happening to your body. Tell your body muscles to relax. If your heart is beating fast, if you are breathing fast, continue deep breathing, till it normalises.
- Now understand what is making you angry. Understand your own anxiety and fear related to the issue.
- Let the other person know how you are “feeling”. Start your statements, “I feel hurt/insulted/let down/neglected etc. when you do this”, instead of saying “You hurt/neglect me”. When you express your feeling in this manner, the other person does not feel blamed, which makes the other person more receptive.
- Focus on the current issue, don’t bring in past situations.
- Tell the other person, what you want or expect, instead of telling what you do not want. E.G. Instead of saying “I don’t want you to go out now”, say “I would like you to stay at home today”.
- Listen carefully what the other person wants to tell you. Give others a chance to voice their opinions.
- Make an eye contact and be firm but polite while communicating your point of view.
- Understand everyone’s responsibility in the situation. Try to see, what is your share in the problematic situation? Work on that.
- Understand what change you want.
- Have realistic expectations from others and also from yourself. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
Is your teenager child suffering from depression? Young adults or teenagers are quite moody. Hormonal fluctuations leads to irritability, outburst of anger, defiant behavior, weepiness, and emotional hysteria. It is important for you to differentiate between depression, teenage drama, and other mood disorders that are likely during teenage days. Depression in your child from an early age can have serious effects late in life.
Hence, it is very important for you to deal with your teenager’s depression. Here are some important tips you should apply:
- Get proper diagnosis
- A proper and accurate diagnosis of your child’s depression is very important.
- It is the first step that you should take to be certain about the condition.
- Choose the right therapist or doctor
- Finding a good therapist or doctor is the second step you need to take.
- Take opinions of people, and explore well to come across an ideal therapist who would be perfect for dealing with your depressed teenager.
- You may need a doctor’s assistance and advice for a long term basis, and thus it is important to choose a trustworthy doctor.
- Observe the negative thoughts
- Several negative thoughts manipulate our feelings. Something that starts with a negative thought can become a source of depression and anxiety.
- However, by recognizing these thoughts, it becomes easier to cope with them and their consequences.
- Outsmart the brain
- Our brain has two sides that respond to different kinds of inputs.
- While a negative situation confronts us, the right brain circuits come into play; while in case of positive situations, the left brain responds.
- It is important to create a bridge across the brain, so that you can travel to both the sides.
- Take mood boosters
- There are certain food items that help in uplifting your mood.
- If you are a depressed teenager, you should consume foods containing omega-3 fatty acids which are beneficial for alleviating your depression.
- You should take foods such as salmon, sardines, ground flaxseeds and walnuts.
- You should also consume vitamin B12 and Folate as these produce serotonin and act as effective mood stabilizers.
- Quit alcohol
- Alcohol is harmful when you are depressed and anxious, and it also alters your brain while you are a teenager. This can have adverse effects later in life.
- Working out for uplifiting your mood and distress by swimming, running, boxing, or walking provides instant relief from depression.
- Exercises boosts the activity of serotonin and norepinehrine.
- It also helps in stimulation of the brain chemicals that encourage the growth of nerve cells.
As a teenager suffering from depression, it is very important for you to seek help from places and people your trust. You may approach a person outside of your family as well, if you are not comfortable with letting your parents know. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.