Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Anil Kumar ShuklaYour feedback matters!
Sir I have a problem in my backbone, I don't no whenever I try do something I got a pain in bone so please advise me what should I do.
I am 39 year old and having acute back pain. After 72 hours it is same intencity pain. Today is 15th day while I lifted wheat bag.
I feel pain under my feet only during night times. Not able to walk properly. I try to walk with bare foot in soil since most of the day time I m sitting in front of computer (that's my job) but that also is not helping me. Please advise.
Hello, My father was an tailor. He stand regularly without sitting in 8-10 hrs. His ankle and knee or a full leg was ,what can I do for him. The Dr. Ortho was a right choice. I didn't bought .I just say frequently ask.
My wife is suffering from pain in sole in legs, checked uric acid level found ok, is any natural exercise or medicine to support.
Joint pain plagues many people as we grow old and sometimes, even middle-aged men and women suffer from the same. Hectic lifestyle, lack of exercise, consumption of junk food and pollution are often the causes. And according to Ayurveda, accumulated toxic matter in the stomach is the reason behind such pains, since they imbalance the three doshas. In other words, when the gastric fire or agni doesn’t digest the food properly, Ama Rasa or the undigested juice mix with Pitta, Kapha and Vata.
As a result, joints get inflamed and you suffer from aches. For treating this ailment, the Panchakarma treatment is the most effective apart from taking up yoga, watching weight and other home remedies using natural ingredients like ginger, clove, turmeric and fenugreek.
What is Panchakarma?
Panchakarma essentially means “five therapies” for the holistic detoxification and purification of the body. It comprises of 5 therapeutic treatments for eliminating stress and toxins, and balancing the doshas or energies which help us execute all biological functions. These treatments are known as Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamoskshana.
How does each treatment work?
- Vamana: This treatment removes toxins in the respiratory tract and is an emesis therapy offered to those suffering from high Kapha. This therapy helps with bronchial asthma, hay fever, vitiligo, chronic allergies, hyperacidity, chronic indigestion, obesity, skin ailments, oedema and more.
- Virechana: Also known as purgation, Virechana eliminates toxins from the gallbladder and liver. It safely cleans the gastrointestinal tract and helps in dealing with ailments like chronic fever, asthma, skin problems, diabetes, constipation, psoriasis, vitiligo, headaches and even gynaecological problems.
- Basti: This therapy refers to enema or colonic irrigation and removes toxins from all 3 doshas through the colon. It rejuvenates the body as well since medicated oil or ghee is used for cleaning the colon and energising the muscle. Benefits include the treatment of colitis, paraplegia, cervical spondylosis, infertility, irritable bowel syndrome, sciatica, piles and so on.
- Nasya: In this treatment method, medicated oil is passed through the nose to eliminate Kapha toxins from the neck and head. It can be administered for 30 days, and benefits ailments like neuralgia, insomnia, excess mucus, premature hair greying, loss of smell and taste, nasal allergies, migraines, nasal polyps, sinusitis, and so on. This therapy also improves voice clarity, memory and eyesight.
- Raktamokshana: In very rare cases, this blood-cleansing therapy is suggested, but it does involve some amount of infection risk.
How will Panchakarma diet help?
A specific Ayurvedic diet is suggested to patients undergoing the Panchakarma treatment, and it is monitored closely to make sure that the diet is being followed religiously. This might involve the consumption of warm ghee, flaxseed, triphala powder, special types of herbal teas, steamed vegetables and so on. Use of castor oil is beneficial in case of osteoarthritis. Avoid stale and fermented food. The exact diet chart will be provided by the Ayurveda specialist. The Panchakarma treatment is only effective when the advised diet is followed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Human bones are continuously being removed and formed, which is necessary for its proper maintenance. However, in certain cases, especially with aging, some bones and joints will be worn down to an extent where the body will not be able to reform them. This is especially true in the case of hips, which may become worn due to age or other problems within the body.
Hip replacement surgery:
When this happens, a hip replacement surgery can be performed to replace the original joints with a prosthesis or artificial hip, which is usually made out of metal or a specially formed composite material or even a combination of the two. Along with other parts, it replaces the natural hip with an artificial hip to restore mobility and other related functions.
Benefits of hip replacement surgery:
- Lessening hip pain: This is one of the major factors as well as symptoms of requiring hip replacement surgery. Due to the grinding down of the bones, even the slightest movement causes pain and after the surgery and the recovery period, the pain is lessened.
- Correction of bone deformity: When the bones grind down and are abnormally reformed, deformities may occur reducing mobility. Artificial hips will ensure that deformities are corrected and resulting problems are thus eliminated.
- Return to normal activities: This is possibly one of the primary advantages of this surgery, although it entails a long recovery period. However, most patients can get back to their normal activities and are able to resume a pain free life.
- Ability to have painless sleep: Many people who suffer from hip displacements or bone deformities are not able to sleep properly due to pain. After the surgery and the recovery period, they can return to normal functions and habits, thus are able to sleep properly.
- Leg strength increase: Many patients tend to have an increase in their leg strength as one side of the hip tends to become very weak due to bone problems before surgery. After surgery and recovery, the same side tends to have an increased strength due to the implant.
- In most cases a lifelong solution to hip problems: As the hip replacement prosthesis is made out of metal and if the operation is successful, it usually tends to last till the end of a person's life and this area usually doesn't tend to have problems again. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.