Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Patna and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anil KumarYour feedback matters!
He is having pain in lower back since a week, and it pains a lot when sitting, walking and even when sleeping. Please tell what can be the possible reason and suggest some medicine.
Just to give you a brief background, my father is 72 years old and a diabetic and has Hepatitis C and previously suffered a Diabetic stroke 2 years and had resultant some brain damage from which he made an almost full recovery. He was hospitalized then for a about 2 months and he could recollect all before and after the hospital stay. Recently it was identified that he has some blood clots in his brain and a clot removal surgery was recommended by the local doctors who referred us to another hospital in a another city. The neurosurgeons there have advised that as it currently stands the surgery poses a high risk of post surgery hemorrhage and to compound the problem, he is now highly anaemic. The doctors have advised that he undertakes treatment with clot dissolving medication for a few weeks and then check response to before we go in for surgery due to the risk factors. My father is experiencing intermittent loss of coordination and feeling numb on one side arm and leg which lasts for sometime and then he normalizes. Please could you kindly advise what our next course of action should be. We would highly value your thoughts on this and recommendations. An urgently reply would be greatly appreciated.
Arthritis is an agonising and degenerative condition caused by swelling and inflammation of the joints that causes pain and stiffness. Whether it is dull, sharp, smouldering or a pressure that must be described as having a hammer crushing one of your joints, chronic arthritis pain and joint inflammation is a very common disease among many adults.
Here are a few generic tips to help the condition of arthritis:
- General and regular exercising: Specialists prescribe the use of a workout plan that guarantees certain activities and exercise routine. The point of the regular exercising routine is to guarantee mobility and flexibility of the joints and enhance the scope of movement for patients. In the meantime, working out helps in enhancing the quality of the joints and allows better strength and support for the body. Along these lines, they help in diminishing both weight and strain on the joints.
- Weight control and healthy diet: Patients with arthritis will suffer more on account of weight gain. To keep away from an excess of weight and pressure on the joints as an after effects of weight gain, stay away from putting on weight. Eat healthier foods that comprise of more minerals and vitamins while giving less fat and calories to the body. Increasing vegetables and organic products in the eating regimen is great for arthritis pain. The leafy vegetables contain anti-oxidants. They also have anti-inflammatory effects on the joints and bones.
- Hot and cool treatment: Simple and basic hot and cold treatments can improve things greatly with regards to arthritis pain. Long, warm baths or showers particularly in the morning ease solidness and stiffness in your joints. Use an electric cover or warming cushion around evening time to keep your joints free and use moist warming cushions. Cool treatments are best to relieve arthritis pain. Wrap a gel ice pack or a sack of frozen vegetables in a towel and apply it to the painful joints for fast alleviation and relief from the pain and swelling.
- Inflammatory and anti-inflammatory foods: Arthritis and joint pain can increase if patients continue using nourishments that have high inflammatory impacts. However, some might not have a thought of what the foods are or what they give to the body. One needs to abstain from eating fast and junk food and processed food products. Turmeric, the most basic Indian spice, has a chemical in it called curcumin that might have the capacity to diminish arthritis pain.
- Plan carefully: It is hard to tell when a flare-up may happen, making your joints turn out to be hard and swollen, or when you will try too hard while working out. Since you cannot anticipate these occasions, it is a smart thought to be prepared beforehand and get ready for issues before they emerge with medication and your emergency numbers in place.
I am a 40 year old physical education teacher who just loves to play any kind of sports for the past 5 years I have been playing badminton, I am experiencing pain in my right elbow and shoulder, I have consulted orthopedician, they say that it is start of tennis elbow, I have taken ultra sound and infra red therapy and resting for last one month but still there is no relief in pain, kindly advice what to do.
I am 37 years old my knee pain last 8 years regular eating by given the doctor no benefit no relief so what we do for relief.
I am 41 yrs./male old. I have problem of swelling in legs from last 3-4 months, also on face specially on eyes in the morning (when I am awakened). My occupation is computer operator and I work regularly sitting due to nature of my work. Please suggest me treatment of this problem.
What are muscle knots?
Muscle knots are points within a muscle where contracted fibers are unable to release, or, as the dictionary puts it: highly irritable localized spots of exquisite tenderness in a nodule in palpable taunt bands of muscle tissue.
A common problem for active people, muscle knots technically called myofascial trigger points, or mtps feel like a small knot to your fingertips. These knots can range from the size of a pinhead in smaller muscles to the size of your thumb in larger muscles. 2
Muscle knots can cause pain in two ways: (1) latent trigger points, which are knots that only hurt when you put pressure on them, and (2) active trigger points, which are knots that actively refer pain along your neural pathways, causing it in non-localized areas.
Trigger points in a constant state of contraction have excess metabolic waste and oxygen use because blood flow to this area stops this sends pain signals to the brain. Because your brain wants to stop the pain, it commands the muscle to rest, which leads to under-usage of the muscle. This is what makes the muscle shorten and tighten up.
What causes muscle knots?
The most common causes of muscle knots are:
1) accidents acute trauma, such as bad falls sports injuries that strain you joints and muscles
2) postural stress sitting too long with poor posture, sitting with no support, lifting improperly