Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Patna and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anil Kumar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Anil KumarYour feedback matters!
My cousin Mr. Scan report multiple cervical, dorsal and lumber vertebrae shows alterd marrow signals (c4, d2, d3, d4, d8, d10, d11, d12, l2, l4 and l5) they show low signal intensity int1w images and increased signal intensity in stir images d2-d3 disk is involved by the vertebral lesion. Pre spinal ana para spinal cystic lesion at d2, d3 level anterior epidural space infiltrated by soft tissue lesion at d2, d3 and d11, d12 levels compressing the cord soft tissue lesion is seen in right para vertebral region at d11, d12 level cord shows normal signal intensity and doct suggested emergency surgery kindly suggest me alternate if any thanking you.
Mother 73/5 ft under RA medication for past 10 days, HCQs 400 mg/d, Omnacortil 5 mg/d, Losar-H daily. Worried about HR toxicity to skip HCQ dosage for a day/week to limit HCQ to 2400 mg/week (her C reactive protein is 17.3 mg, ESR 55 mm, anti-ccp negative, though diabetic, sugar normal 118 and no diabetic medication. Also has knee pain for many years due to osteoarthritis (from uterus removal). Pl advise for HCQ dosage skip.
Hello I am 19 years old and I have pain in my knees and ankle think it is due to the running exercise I practice daily so what should I do? I will be very thankful to you.
I got into an accident in april 2014 and ruptured my ankle ligaments and till now jan 2016 my ankle still hurts. What should I do?
I am just 20 years old & my knee pains (only right knee) mostly when I sit with folding legs for longer time. It started recently about 2-3 months ago when I came home after started playing cricket after a long time. I thought pain will disappear as time goes on but its still there.
1. Use a cane or walker for added stability.
2. Wear rubber-soled shoes for traction.
1. Make sure lighting is adequate especially night as falls are common when trying to walk in dark.
2. Eliminate clutter in the house and neatly strap loose wires etc so it does not come in the way.
3. Avoid using rugs where foot or cane can catch while walking.
4. Make sure there are bars to hold on to in the bathroom.
5. Elderly patients will reduce fall risk if they do gentle stretching exercises daily and keep up their walking.
I delivered a baby through emergency c section due to on Feb 15 2017. I had taken epidural too to ease my pain but had felt the pain redirected to my left thigh. 6 months later now, I had gone for classical dance and started noticing slight pain in my left knee. After using pain reliever balm. It goes and comes back again. Could it be a muscle pull or is it something serious. Please help.
I am Female 23 years old intense pain and heaviness in lumbosacral area Pain does not improve with electrotherapy or massage. No pain pills Neck stiffness for 1 minth.
The wrist plays a crucial role in some of the most basic movements ranging from typing to writing to eating. When you have a wrist pain, it may interfere with your day-to-day activities and cast a negative impact on the quality of your life. The wrist is not just any joint; it rather comprises of several small joints that act as a connecting point between the bones of forearm and hand. You may suffer from wrist pain due to sudden trauma or injury, and before choosing any treatment option, it is important to determine the causes of wrist pain.
What are the symptoms of wrist pain?
The symptoms of wrist pain may vary depending on what’s causing it. Some people may suffer from a pain that they describe to be achy or dull while others may have a sharp pain that radiates locally. In addition to pain in the wrist, other symptoms may also develop including bruising and swelling. A weakness of the hand with numbness and tingling sensation might also occur when the pain is stemming from carpal tunnel syndrome. Some of the common symptoms of wrist pain may include:
- Trouble in gripping objects- It may become difficult or uncomfortable to hold or grasp objects
- Stiffness may occur in the wrist as well as the fingers
- Clicking sound in moving the wrist which may become severe after rest for some time
These symptoms can range from mild to severe and may become worse with time. Also, the pain may occur while performing certain activities. As the condition worsens, the pain occurs even during rest. The feeling of numbness may be so strong that the affected individual will lose sensitivity to heat and cold and may lose gripping ability altogether.
What are the treatment options for wrist pain?
Treatments of wrist pain can vary to a great extent, and it is administered on the basis of type, location, and severity of the injury while age and overall health also play a role.
- Medicines: Pain relievers such as acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and others may be helpful in reducing wrist pain. You may also take stronger pain relievers if your doctor prescribes it.
- Therapy: Specific therapeutic treatments and workouts may be useful in alleviating wrist injuries and tendon problems. If your problem needs surgical interventions, your physical therapist can help with rehabilitation post-surgery. In case the bones have been broken, the pieces need to be aligned for facilitating proper healing.
- Surgical interventions: In some severe cases of wrist pain, surgery may be recommended. For instance, if you have severely broken bones or carpal tunnel syndrome or if your ligament or tendon requires repair, surgery may be the last resort.
Wrist pain is common and often occur due to sudden injuries. However, they also occur due to certain long-term ailments as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!