Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anil Kumar KalraYour feedback matters!
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, consult a dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.
My daughter is 5 years old, getting increase abdominal portion since 6 months. Not taking much more fatty food yet her weight is 27 kgs, height 3'7" Is it normal for this age of a growing child OR should she has to go for a complete medical check up. Please advise.
How to use medicine like refzil-o drops for children? In this medical no liquid come in box so what I add in it water like cool or boil? How many drops gives to child 9th month old? This medicine is for what problem?
What is the treatment for 6 years old baby suffering with nephrotic syndrome. She is taking wysolone 25 mg alt. Day. Whether it is curable?
My son age is 10 but he did not drink milk daily. Sometime he drink boost with milk. Is this good ? Please suggest which one is good ?
Hi Good morning My daughter is 5 years old she has lots of Lice in her hair We r still using medical shampoo n Neem hair oil but not getting relief Pls advice what should I do?
Sir 13 months boy has Non Functional Right kidney (MCD) found in DTPA Test, size rt kidney is 3.8*1.6 cm whereas Left Kidney is normal in size.
I have a baby of one and half month old. Please suggest whether we should go for painless vaccination or with pain one. Which one is good for child health.
Any Formula milk powder for preterm baby which is easily digestible from 0-6 months baby and not harmful if given in case of emergency if baby is not stopping crying after a long feed also.
My baby is 1.5 yr old. She doesn't have any problems now. But only one problem she has that not gaining weight. At this stage she is only 9kg.
Hi sir I have 3 months baby. Baby have big birth mole (black) on the right cheek. Iam already consult the dermatologist. Birthmole is conigintal melonocytic nevus. Any treatment for remove the birthmole please give me suggestion. Please send your email. I send baby pic.
My son is passing stools 7-8 times a day especially after eating anything. He is 1.3 years old. I have been giving him walamycin suspension 2.5 ml twice a day. I have started the course. Should I stop it .I want to know for how many days it should be continued. Or you suggest some other medicine.
My baby is 5 month old she is passing lot of gas and she had pain in her stomach. Whole night she was crying. Frequently this problem occurs and she spends sleepless nights only crying. She is being formula fed we r giving her NAN PRO 1.
You might think, as a parent, that if you behave strictly then your child will become well-behaved. But research and studies have shown that the opposite happens. Strict parenting leads to children who behave worse than others and they suffer from low self-esteem.
Some other reasons why being strict is harmful:
- Never learning self-regulation: Responsibility and self-discipline have to be learned by the children themselves. When you put harsh limits on them, they never learn self-regulation. If they think the limits don’t sound too harsh, they will learn to accept them. But the limits placed on them should never be controlling. If this happens, children see themselves as being controlled and no one enjoys being controlled.
- Instilling fear: If you are being authoritarian (parenting in which there are high demands and low sympathy) instead of empathetic, then your children will become scared of you. You are instilling the power of fear in them. This triggers a vicious chain of events. When you yell, they will yell as well.
- Anger and depression: Authoritarian parenting often leads to children believing a part of them is unacceptable. They feel that their parents would not understand. It makes them susceptible to anger management issues and depression.
- Blindly obeying those in power: Children raised up in strict households start thinking power is always right. They learn to obey blindly. This makes them vulnerable to peer pressure. They also never learn to take responsibility for their actions.
- Rebelling: Children tend to be angrier and become rebellious when they have strict parents. The need to break free and not conform to the non-empathetic limits that forces them to act out. They might even nurture thoughts about leaving home and running away.
- Lying: Strict parenting creates excellent liars. Children learn to lie when they are in trouble. They think lies will placate their parents and they can get away with anything.
- Damage to parent-child relationship: If you are strict and you don’t change your authoritarian ways, then it damages your relationship with your children. Natural empathy is lacking in strict parents. You don’t understand your child, and your child doesn’t feel like sharing their lives with you. It creates a divide between the parent and child. Children never quite get over this as they grow older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My sisters sons aged 2 year & 3 year they were too naughty and they have some habits like split of saliva and beating others we feel quite difficult to control and change their behavior.
My baby won't sacking my milk I tried nipple shield also now she was finished her 9 weeks. She was nursing only few times but not every time similarly I have low milk supply. I'm really hurts when I feed her formula milk. I don't know what to do!
My child 20 mońths old boy. He wasn't eat any thing last 1 week. He has no fever or any thing but he will not eat any thing but drinks little milk or water only. What was the problem to him?
You often get into this mess of losing part or whole of the tooth, and this is actually a nasty situation in several ways. You may get severe pain there, or the sharp edge of the broken tooth may cut the cheek and other areas of the skin in the mouth white chewing or biting. Besides, if left untreated the broken part may accumulate dirt and food particles and can later form serious infections in the gum too. It looks bad too when a front tooth is broken, and often leaves your inner mount with cuts and abrasions when the sharp edge of the broken tooth rips of skin inside the mouth as you chew.
The first aid part
There are several ways to manage the broken tooth, and the first steps of first aid after the incident are as follows:
- To control the acute pain after the tooth break, you may take a painkiller like acetaminophen. This will soothe the pain, and make it much easier and bearable.
- You must try sticking some sugar-less chewing gum on the tooth to prevent cutting inside the mouth. In case a gum is not available, you may try putting some simple wax in there.
- Try gulping the food and chew less, or go on a liquid diet to avoid touch of much food with the broken tooth unless it gets the first treatment.
Filing and Bonding- the initial treatment
On going to the dentist based on the tooth break condition, you will be suggested various remedies. A tooth filing or bonding is the general remedy. If a small portion of the tooth is broken, then the tooth can be simply filed in case it is one of the rear teeth. The tooth will be chipped and filed to smoothen the cut edge so that it never again pokes the skin around.
If the break is not small, then bonding is a good option. The dentist fills the rest of the tooth space with a resin or porcelain material to make it look whole and natural again, and this solves the problem both physically and cosmetically.
Crowning the tooth
If the tooth is damaged more than a root canalling may be needed, and thereafter a cap or crown will be worn over the broken teeth so that it gets a natural look and the hardness to chew. You may lose sensations permanently on the tooth if the root nerve is blocked during the process. Else you will have a cosmetically working tooth for a few years until the crown wears off and needs a re-crowning.