Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anil Kumar JainYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am facing severe headache when I am sitting idle, when I am concentrating on work I am not facing any issues. please suggest for any tests.
From some days I failed to much pain in my stomach suddenly at night when I eat smth. Ad also unable tu think properly so what I do.
I have mild ileitus and it's been 2 month can rifaximin 200 mg thrice a day for 10 days can cure this.
Is 4 inches pennis comfortable for girls to enjoy sex or is 4 inches may help to enjoy sex to girls.
I am 42 years old, I have led a nice sexual life all these years, but now I need a harsh sexual foreplay before sex, is this because of age or some thing abnormal.
I have acidity problem. When I ate some reach food I suffered in acidity. Please give me a permanent solution.
My friend has a problem of masturbating since 8 years. He wants to leave this practice. He can stop hardly for 1 week. But again he starts the same. What should he do? please suggest if it's serious.
He is suffering from premature ejaculation & also his size is very small approx 4 inches on erection.
M a bisexual and my partner also the same we going anal sex (on 21 October) without protection I am a bottom Now I realised it was the wrong things that I had done And m in doubt and in fear also What should I do now I wanted to be a medically fit Please help me what should I do now As on that area (anus) their are some small cut also. Nd little bit bleeding also come along with potty please help me wht should I do.
Sir/Mam, I am suffering from fever, cough and weakness more frequently. What medicine should I take? Also I am getting skinny and I am suffering from hair loss. I am just 19 years old. What medicine would you suggest?
I had sex with a prostitute last night. After sex prostitute told me that there is a condom slippage. I was very drunk and didn't realize what has happened at that point of time. Idea of getting AIDS is killing me I am too scared every second. I don't know what to do. I have screwed everything now.
Persistent one side headache periodically. At times it is horrible and lasts for 9 to 12 hrs. What test I need to undergo?
The common reason why most of us get throat infections is because they are viral in nature. This means that if one person gets a throat infection then he transmits it to others by touching, coughing and sneezing etc.
Viral throat infections can be managed easily. There are several home remedies that can alleviate your viral infection. However, it is suggested to consult an ENT specialist if the home remedy is not providing any relief to you.
- Gargling: It is one of the most popular methods of treating viral throat infection. All you need to do is mix one tablespoon of salt in 200 ml of water and warm the solution. When the water becomes lukewarm, take a small portion of it and rinse your throat with the solution. Take care that the solution remains within your throat and does not reach your stomach. Rinse your throat for 5 minutes and repeat the procedure after a rest of 2 minutes. Ensure that the water remains lukewarm for effectiveness.
- Inhalation: Another common method of ridding yourself of viral throat infections is to inhale steam. Boil some water mixed with eucalyptus oil. When the water starts developing bubbles, take your face near it, cover it and the pot containing water with a dry towel and inhale the steam. This procedure is inconvenient for many people because inhalation results in sweating, but the result is perceptible. You must inhale steam for at least five minutes. Once you are done with inhalation, avoid taking cool fluids like cold water etc., else the effect would be reversed and your infection might get more severe.
- Take lots of fluids: Strange as it may sound, viral throat infection can also be treated by taking lots of hot fluids. The warm temperature helps in neutralising the viruses, while the fluids prevent the dehydration of the body. Take hot tea, coffee etc. when you have an infected throat.
- Drink hot milk and turmeric: Many mothers administer this solution to their kids to treat throat infections caused by viruses. This concoction is best taken before sleeping in the night. Turmeric has been found to carry several anti-microbial properties.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, you must avoid smoking to alleviate your viral throat infection.
- Use decongestants and nasal sprays: These substances make breathing easier by contracting the swollen mucous membranes. Nasal sprays also help relieve runny noses and post-nasal drips, which are so irritating and inconvenient to many. However, avoid administering this remedy to small children. Since these sprays contain synthetic drugs, it is advisable to stick to prescribed dosages for different age groups. Please also consult your ENT doctor before administering the nasal sprays to yourself or anybody else.
Hi I am 20 years old and I am gay I had moment with one guy and I think that he is hiv/aids positive I am really not sure about this but I am not feeling good I have searched on internet about hiv/aids and there symptoms but I do not think that there is anything common symptoms in me but still I am very much scared I have showed to me family doctor and I have also did blood tests of hiv/aids and my urine but my doctor said there is nothing all ohk but still I do not know I am to much scared I think everyday about this my doctor said because of to much thinking I am feeling low so can you please say something or can you suggest something so that I will feel good ASAP please.
Gastritis/acidity is a group of diseases or symptoms where there is excess secretion of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach.
If you have upper abdominal discomfort or pain, stomach fullness, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, belching, waterbrash or irregular bowel movement, then you must be suffering from acidity or gastritis. It is a problem which becomes worse when an individual has poor eating habits and improper lifestyle.
Gastritis: swelling of stomach lining
Various factors like spicy food, medicines, tobacco, alcohol etc. Can cause increase in gastric acid production and disturb, weaken or damage the normal stomach lining. Gastritis occurs when there is an imbalance between the acid production and damage to the stomach lining, resulting in swelling of the stomach lining.
Gastritis a very common disorder of all age groups
Gastritis is of two types - acute gastritis (which occur suddenly) and chronic gastritis (develops over a period of time). In India gastritis is a very common disorder which occurs at any age but is more widespread in the adolescent age group (12-17 years). Adolescence is a change from childhood to adulthood, the period in which a lot of physical and psychological changes occur increasing the risk of gastritis.
Multiple factors cause gastritis
Various factors like spicy food, medicines (pain killers), tobacco, alcohol, emotional disturbance, psychological stress, smoking, alcohol intake and bacterial infection lead to gastritis.
Besides these, the three most important factors include helicobacter pylori infection (bacterial infection), use of painkiller medicines and autoimmunity (body loses its own immunity and attacks itself). These factors in the long term may even cause an ulcer (permanent breakage of the stomach lining), acid reflux disorder (food coming back to mouth after swallowing) and stomach cancer.
What does Ayurveda suggest?
In Ayurveda, agni refers to fire like activity in alimentary canal responsible for digestion of food which is influenced by the status of doshas. When samana-vata associates with kapha in turn produces weak digestive power (agni-mandya). Consuming food against the code of dietetics i. E. Ahara-vidhi vidhana and ahara-vidhi-visheshayatana (method of taking food) lead to a number of diseases related with food. Eating food before the previous food is digested, untimely food, eating too much of spicy or oily food, eating when not hungry, drinking too much water during food and at a time unless required, very hot high fatty-fried food, stale food, heavy diet, excess consumption of horse gram, vitiate all the three body humours (tridosha) also contribute to the symptoms of gastritis.
Due to the sourness of consumed food the liquidity of pitta increases further decreasing the capacity for digestion (agnimandya). Hence, rasadi-dhatu is not formed in a proper manner. This, after a certain period, manifests as amlapitta (hyperacidity).
Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals
Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals, and in many people even there are no symptoms. It also depends on the duration of disease, whether it is of acute (coming on suddenly) or chronic (causing symptoms over a long period of time) type.
The most common symptoms of acute gastritis include:
- Abdominal bloating or stomach fullness,
- Belching (expelling air from the stomach through the mouth)
- Waterbrashes (sour fluid or tasteless saliva into the mouth)
- Upper abdominal pain or discomfort
- Nausea/vomiting feeling
- Irregular bowel movement
- Recurrent indigestion,
- Chest burn or gnawing feeling between meals (heartburn)
- Hiccups etc.
In addition to this, symptoms of chronic gastritis may include weight loss, continuous flatulence, black stool, loss of appetite and even anemia.
How to diagnose gastritis?
To diagnose gastritis, performs a thorough physical evaluation, and may recommend a blood test for h. Pylori screening, stool test for blood in the stool. Abdominal x-rays or barium studies (upper or lower) may demonstrate the presence of thickened stomach lining and folds that are signs of inflammation in the stomach.
Sometimes, an endoscope, a thin tube containing a tiny camera, is inserted through the mouth and down into the stomach to look at the stomach lining (endoscopy). The doctor will check for inflammation and may perform a biopsy, in which a tiny sample of tissue is removed and sent for analysis of gastric lining. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.