Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anil Kumar AseriYour feedback matters!
I am a 41 years old married n a mother of 2. I was having IUD for 2 years after my second child's birth. I noticed that my body got age spots like freckles. Even though I removed IUD but my age spots still there. Kindly help.
I am 24 year male I have alot of pimples on my face and they leave mark on face how to get mark less skin and how to reduce pimples.
I have a desk job for past 5 years my skin color was fair and it's turning Wheaties I am noticing the change for past 2 years and also became very dry, is it due to continual exposure to AC. Can I use curcupiperi capsules to regain natural skin color please advise.
I have irritation upon the nose when eating and when rub on nose normally. And also getting water drops on nose.What can i do?
I am 25year old male and I have lipuma in many area of my body (i. E. Hands, leg, stomach) what should I do?
I have blade cut marks on my hand. Can you pls tell how to remove those cut marks. Plastic surgery, I can't afford right now.
Hi doctor, I am 28 years old female. Can you please suggest a good topical medicine for dark circles? also, my lips and area around it is has turned dark over past few years, is there any topical solution for that as well? else any natural therapy for it? thanks.
Hello Sir/madam I have skin problem. I want to know about fungal infection & it's treatment, because I have counseled the doctor's but it can not get treated well. The doctor gives medicine and cream on the skin problem. When the treatment taken then it goes for short period. So I want to know what can I do for this problem.
1 month before my skin is fairer. But now-a-days it turning into brown colour. I want to whiten all my body parts again. What should I do? Please help. Thanking you.
I am 19 years old and am seeking for advise to keep my hairs and skin glowing and nourished in summer so that it gets a fresh look.
I have problem of oily skin and when I get a pimple on my face it lives a scar. So. Suggest me some good face wash.
Can you please suggest me a good depigmentation cream to get rid of the tan that I got while on a vacation.
A common skin condition, which causes the discoloration of your skin in patches across the face, melasma is more of a social embarrassment and cause for distress rather than being a serious condition. Although it affects men as well, studies have shown that over 90 percent of patients are women. It is also known as the mask of pregnancy as many pregnant women develop this skin condition.
Causes of Melasma
Primary causes of melasma have been attributed to various hormonal changes within the body. Let's look at some of the factors that may cause this disorder:
- Pregnancy: This is often attributed as the leading cause of melasma, the primary cause has often been attributed to hormonal changes that a woman may experience due to pregnancy.
- Treatments that may change hormonal balance: Women on contraceptive pills or who have implants such as intrauterine devices may also develop this disorder. This is due to the balance of estrogen and progesterone being changed within the body.
- Sun exposure: Continued sun exposure may also lead to melasma. This is due to the activation of melanocytes within the body which start producing more melanin.
- Stress: Long periods of stress on the body can also trigger hormonal changes and cause melasma.
- Thyroid problems: If someone suffers from Hypothyroidism or low levels of the thyroid hormone, it can trigger other hormonal changes and also cause this skin disorder.
It has also been noticed that people with generally a darker skin tone tend to get melasma and it is less common in people with fairer skin.
Certain characteristics of Melasma
Melasma develops in certain patterns which can be easily diagnosed either as spots on the skin similar to freckles or brown patches of skin that grow bigger. Some of these patterns are:
- Malar pattern: This grows on the nose and cheeks
- Mandibular pattern: Starts growing around the jaw line
- Brachial melasma: This grows on the upper arms and shoulders
- Lateral cheek pattern: Grows on the cheek on both sides of the face
- Centrofacial pattern: Nose, upper lips, forehead and cheeks
Treatment of Melasma
Most women who develop melasma during pregnancy report that it goes away after childbirth. However certain forms of melasma may appear in non-pregnant women due to hormonal changes. Treating the underlying hormonal changes usually, resolves the problem. However certain other methods may be required to resolve the issues such as skin creams, chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.