Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anil KhetarpalYour feedback matters!
She have cyst formation problem and she got pain badly in her abdominal. We have taken the treatment of gynaecologist. Bt according to you which department of doctors are best for this disaster problem.
Hello dos, 1nd half years se mere baby girl ko feed kr re hun, lekin ab m uska dudh chudva re hun, to m kya medicines lu because my chest is paining now.
When sex is done in periods & the we are unaware whether protection failed or not then what to do. Also tell if periods stops when it occurs.
Respected doctor generally I heard a word 'pregnancy'what is the minimum time at which a lady get pregnancy? Does it have different timings for different age groups or common to every lady. Please answer my question?
Got periods on 3 sep. Had unprotected sex on 7 sep. Now she got her periods on 5 oct. Is impossible dat she can be pregnant. As some says anyone can have periods while pregnancy. She is really worried. She did not take any test. Please clarify. Can she b pregnant.
I am 11 days late in my period.IN the previous month my period was 6 days early and it lasted only for 3 days. I am sexually active as well and had it on my 23 day after period ended last month. I have done pregnancy tests 4 times as well but all are negative. I am really worried as this is the first time my period has been delayed. I have started taking SYSRON N From last 3 days.
If I get a marry with widow (husband died 2 years ago) then if I make sexual life with her now Is there any problems with both of us related to diseases like hiv or any std Please reply with positive answer please.
Smoking is a die hard habit and many people eventually die of the same. It remains one of the most common causes of cancer and lung diseases, which eventually lead to death. The irony is that almost all smokers know the harmful effects, but find it hard to quit.
With a firm determination, there are people who quit, but then the relapse rate is quite high too.
- Many believe that quitting requires a behavioural change. From peer pressure to a lifestyle habit, smoking is a social phenomenon. There are various methods to help quit smoking like quitting cold turkey and nicotine substitutes. Hypnosis is also gaining popularity as a method to help quit smoking. Research has shown an encouraging success rate in the range of 30 to 40% in cases where the desire and commitment to quit are high. This of course is with people who have strong will and are able to be hypnotized.
- Hypnosis or hypnotherapy is a psychological technique used as supplemental therapy in a lot of cases, such as weight loss, depression, speech disorders, pain management, de-addiction; the list can be quite long. It puts the person undergoing therapy into a deep sleep or trance, where they get in touch with themselves and find answers to a lot of questions. It is believed that while hypnosis puts a person to sleep, it also induces a higher level of cognition and a higher level of neurological activity.
- During the actual session, the smoker is asked to imagine the numerous ill effects of smoking and the need to reduce its harmful effects on the body. This improves the willpower to quit smoking and reduces the desire. They are also advised of the benefits of quitting smoking, including longevity of life and better quality of life. The person is told that quitting smoking before 50 years of age gives a 50% chance of increasing the lifespan by 15 years. Now that is quite motivating for a lot of smokers to give up the habit.
- It generally takes about 4 full sessions of hypnotherapy to reach a level where the patient is ready to kick the habits. Also, self hypnosis can be taught where the person can go into hypnosis on his own and enforce smoking cessation. There are even self hypnosis tapes that are available for aid.
However, a word of caution here, hypnosis is not for everybody as not everybody can be hypnotized easily and there has to be a strong belief that it will benefit, only then can smoking cessation be tried with hypnosis. It is still in the testing phase and is to be medically proven as a way to quit smoking.
Related Tip: "7 Dangerous Changes That Smoking Causes To Your Skin"
Hey doc I had sex last evening 17 may this is not my first time but during intercourse I got bleeding n it doesn't stop till now its nt period bcz I got my periods 15 days ago its vry light bleeding it stops n then again start bleeding please tell me what should I do.
While the rest of the world congratulates you, your back may not let you celebrate your pregnancy as much as you’d like. One of the most common complaints of pregnant women is a backache. This is because the excess weight that you carry for 9 months shifts your centre of gravity. In addition to this, hormones also relax the ligaments in your pelvic joints. However, this back pain can be treated to make you more comfortable. Here are a few ways to ease back pain during pregnancy.
- Wear the right shoes: High heels are a complete ‘NO’ when pregnant as they can shift your balance and make you trip. At the same time, do not wear flats either. Instead look for shoes that distribute your body weight over a large area and provide shock absorption such as low heeled rubber doled wedges. If you must wear flats, wear them with insoles or arch supports.
- Hot and cold therapy: As with any other muscle pain, ice packs and heat packs can be used to ease back pain. Ice packs can ease swelling while heat packs can enhance circulation and ease persistent backaches. Alternate between hot and cold packs and do not use either for longer than 20 minutes at a stretch.
- Yoga and exercise: Strengthening the back muscles can help ease back pain. This can be done with the help of a number of yoga asanas and back stretching exercises. Physical therapy can also help manipulate joints and nerve pressure points to ease the pain. Swimming is a great exercise for pregnant women as it takes pressure off the spine and decompresses the spine.
- Sleep support: Pregnancy often makes women sleep on their sides and in a position that makes the back bone dip at the waist. This can put additional pressure on the spine and worsen back aches. To get a good night’s sleep, support your spine at the waist with a rolled up towel or pillow. Studies also show that sleeping on a hard mattress rather than a soft mattress can help ease back aches.
- The right posture: Pay attention to the way you bend and lift things. Instead of bending at the waist, squat and lower yourself to the ground to lift things off the floor. Also pay attention to your posture when standing and sitting and try maintaining an erect spine. Elevating your feet when sitting or lying down can also help in reducing back pain.
All the exercises should be done after consultation with your treating gynaecologist.
I had sex with my girlfriend on 18th May with protection, but was not sure about the condom. So she took Unwanted 72 on 20th May. She had bleeding on 21st May which continued for 3 days. She had her period on 14th May and ended on 17th May. To be sure, she had a pregnancy test on 28th June. The result was negative. She is perfectly fine but till now she did not have her period since then. Is she pregnant? Or is she having any problem? One more thing, she was having irregular periods before such incident. And this is the first time she had Unwanted 72. Please advice.
I am a epilepsy Patient and gave birth to a handicapped premature child now again having seizures in pregnancy 2nd pregnancy 3 month of pregnancy bleeding and having seizure of epilepsy but Dr. says I'm fine my reports are normal then what's the problem.
I recently got diagnosed with ectopic pregnancy for which Dr. gave me methotrexate shot after which my HCG starting to come down. I took injection on Sunday 10 SEP (HCG was 2048. On 12 SEP (HCG 1669. My question is what are the chances that my next pregnancy will normal or ectopic again. Is there any way to prevent it from being ectopic again.
Sir meri wife ke age 35 hai aur unki medical report bhi theek hai. Mens ane se pehle unki kamar mein dard bahut hota hai kabhi kabhi. Aissa kyon hota hai.
I am 23 year female, I have unprotected sex on 30 oct 2016 and after sex within 5 hours I have taken contraceptive pill (unwanted 72, my expected period date is on 9 nov 2016 and my period cycle is of 30 day and on 6 nov 2016 I have done home pregnancy test which comes negative, so please suggest me that I am pregnant or not I am so tense because I do not want to get pregnant, today is 7 nov 2016 I have got my period.
I'm 17 weeks pregnant and having cold and cough. Last night fever was 103. I took paramet and since morning 4'o clock it was 100. Now again its rising its 100.6 now. What should be done?
Dr. I'm 50 and already reached menopause at the age of 46. Im unable to have sex as have no sensation and my vagina is very very dry. My husband and my relation is going through rough patch coz we can not have penetrative sex from past 3 years. Please save my marriage. No foreplay helps my vagina to lubricate. Suggest something so that I regain my sensation and my vagina lubricates on its own. I hope you getting me. Masturbation too does not lubricate my vagina. Pl. Help Thank you Dr.
Pulmonary hypertension mainly occurs due to narrowing of the arteries of the lungs as a result of which the flow of blood is restricted. In this kind of condition, blood fails to carry oxygen to your heart and thus your heart gets adversely affected. The blood pressure of your body will get increased to a great extent if this situation remains untreated, thus leading to bdreadful consequenses, specifically situation like heart failure, serious pulmonary diseases, blood clots in lungs and congenial heart defects, etc.
There are certain forms of pulmonary hypertension, which are serious in nature and worsen with time, so much so that they are even fatal at times. It also includes forms which are non curable in nature, however, in order to improve the quality of life, symptoms can be reduced with proper treatment. The treatment for pulmonary hypertension is often complex and it takes some time to find the most appropriate treatment and requires extensive follow-up care. Your doctor might also need to change your treatment if it's no longer effective. However, when pulmonary hypertension is caused by another condition, your doctor will treat the underlying cause whenever possible.
Common Treatments for pulmonary hypertension:
- Blood vessel dilators (vasodilators): Vasodilators open narrowed blood vessels. They are one of the most commonly prescribed vasodilators for pulmonary hypertension is epoprostenol (Flolan, Veletri). The drawback to epoprostenol is that the effect lasts only for few minutes. This drug is continuously injected through an intravenous (IV) catheter via a small pump that you wear in a pack on your belt or shoulder.
- Ventavis: Another form of the drug, iloprost (Ventavis), can be inhaled six to nine times a day through a nebulizer, a machine that vaporizes your medication. Because it's inhaled, it goes directly to the lungs.
- Treprostinil (Tyvaso, Remodulin, Orenitram): It is another form of the drug, which can be given four times a day and can be inhaled or can be taken as an oral medication and can also be administered through injection.
- Endothelin receptor antagonists: These medications reverse the effect of endothelin, a substance in the walls of blood vessels that causes them to narrow. These drugs may improve your energy level and symptoms. However, these drugs shouldn't be taken if you're pregnant. Also, these drugs can damage your liver and you may need monthly liver monitoring.
- Sildenafil and tadalafil: Sildenafil (Revatio, Viagra) and tadalafil (Cialis, Adcirca) are sometimes used to treat pulmonary hypertension. These drugs work by opening the blood vessels in the lungs to allow blood to flow through more easily.
- High-dose calcium channel blockers: These drugs help relax the muscles in the walls of your blood vessels. They include medications, such as amlodipine (Norvasc), diltiazem (Cardizem, Tiazac, others) and nifedipine (Procardia, others). Although calcium channel blockers can be effective, only a small number of people with pulmonary hypertension respond to them.
- Soluble guanylate cyclase (SGC) stimulator: Soluble guanylate cyclase (SGC) stimulators (Adempas) interact with nitric oxide and help relax the pulmonary arteries and lower the pressure within the arteries. These medications should not be taken if you're pregnant. They can sometimes cause dizziness or nausea.
- Anticoagulants: Your doctor is likely to prescribe the anticoagulant warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven) to help prevent the formation of blood clots within the small pulmonary arteries. Because anticoagulants prevent normal blood coagulation, they increase your risk of bleeding complications. Take warfarin exactly as prescribed, because warfarin can cause severe side effects if taken incorrectly. If you're taking warfarin, your doctor will ask you to have periodic blood tests to check how well the drug is working. Many other drugs, herbal supplements and foods can interact with warfarin, so be sure your doctor knows all of the medications you're taking.
- Digoxin: Digoxin (Lanoxin) can help the heart beat stronger and pump more blood. It can help control the heart rate if you experience arrhythmias.
- Diuretics: Commonly known as water pills, these medications help eliminate excess fluid from your body. This reduces the amount of work your heart has to do. They may also be used to limit fluid buildup in your lungs.
- Oxygen: Your doctor might suggest that you sometimes breathe pure oxygen, a treatment known as oxygen therapy, to help treat pulmonary hypertension, especially if you live at a high altitude or have sleep apnea. Some people who have pulmonary hypertension eventually require continuous oxygen therapy.
- Atrial Septostomy: If medications don't control your pulmonary hypertension, this open heart surgery might be an option. In an atrial septostomy, a surgeon will create an opening between the upper left and right chambers of your heart (atria) to relieve the pressure on the right side of your heart.
- Lung Transplantation: In some cases, a lung or heart lung transplant might be an option, especially for younger people who have idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- The complications need to be reduced by taking proper health care. Healthy diet needs to be taken regularly along with proper medications. Smoking should be stopped and exercising sessions should be attended daily without any fail
- Overweight or obesity needs to be controlled properly for reducing the complications. Specialized caring strategies need to be maintained for avoiding severe kinds of health complications that are quite annoying.