Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anil Khetarpal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anil KhetarpalYour feedback matters!
My daughter is vomiting a lot. She is 3 1/2 month old and breastfeeding is almost on its end as not producing enough. I have tried similac, nan pro but she is not accepting any of it then I tried toned milk to which she responded well in the beginning but now she has started vomiting again. On an average out of 5 feeds she vomits 2-3 times a day. I am soo worried as how she will grow without any nutrition. Can I feed her anything else apart from milk? Is there any medicine which can stop her excess vomits? Her weight is 5kg n length is 63cm, is it fine for her age? Should I change my paediatrician as the current one says that she is fine and avoid giving her toned milk n keep on changing the brand of formula milk if she is vomiting one because that is the only best option for feeding outer milk. Please suggest the best possible solution. I am sooo worried.
In many cases, the body responds to a stressful or traumatic situation by disassociating with it. This can result in the development of a dissociative disorder. A dissociative disorder or dissociative amnesia is a mental illness that involves the breaking down of memory, consciousness, identity and perception. It can interfere with a person's general functioning, social life and relationships. People suffering from dissociative amnesia can have long gaps in their memory of the accident and the time before and after it.
Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition as compared to men. It has also been found to have a genetic link as people suffering from this condition often have other members of their family who experience something similar. Manmade and natural disasters such as wars, floods, earthquakes etc that cause overwhelming stress is said to trigger this disease.
The inability to recall past events is a primary symptom of this disease. Other symptoms include
- Depression or anxiety
- Inability to remember personal information
- Substance abuse
- Mood swings
- Sexual dysfunction
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive compulsive symptoms
- Hallucinations and
- Social withdrawal
Treatment for this disease is a two step process. The first step involves relieving symptoms and controlling any behavioral changes. The second step aims at helping the person to recall and process their memories. Developing coping skills and rebuilding relationships is also focused on. Depending on the individual and the severity of symptoms showcased a doctor may choose to treat the patient using any of the following forms of treatment.
- Psychotherapy: This form of treatment is designed to encourage communication and give the person insight into their problems. It uses a number of psychological techniques.
- Cognitive therapy: Changing dysfunctional thinking patterns and their resulting emotions and behavior patterns is the focus of this form of treatment.
- Medication: Dissociative amnesia patients who also suffer from depression or anxiety can benefit from medication such as anti depressants and anti anxiety drugs. However, this medication does not treat the dissociative amnesia itself.
- Family therapy: In some cases, along with the patient it is also necessary to counsel the family. Family therapy involves educating the family members about the disorder and symptoms of recurrence.
Clinical hypnosis: This type of treatment uses intense relaxation and focused attention techniques to access the unconscious part of the mind and allow people to explore their thoughts, emotions and repressed memories.
Me and my girlfriend had sex on 2 of March, she immediately took IDOZ 72 in 3 hrs, now from past 3 days she is having loose motion, stomach pain what could be the reason.
Hello doctor, again same thing happening with me as last time. My period is due. I have to get my periods on 4 may. V had our intercourse on 16 April nd alternative days till may 1 nd last month I got on 4 April. Last month I got my periods delay for 12 days. Nd taken test it was negative. Nd this tym also not got my periods. My periods usually 30 to 33 days. Cycle. So please suggest me till how many days I have to wait for my periods. Nd take pregnancy test. My weight is 61 kg. Having hypothyroid taking tab 62 mg thyronorm. Daily. M worried please suggest me.
Hi, I am not sure if my blood flow is period or spotting, I am sexually active and my thyroid levels are 3.34 last checked in december, I also suffer from eating disorder and currently going thorough a lot of stress. What are the chances of me being pregnant, I have taken two pregnancy test both were invalid.
I had my c sect on 26 nov. Post delivery my weight was 64 n today 66. Is tht fine. By whn can I start lifting weight? Can I bent?
Festive season is a time of fun, beauty and indulgence. There is always an excitement when Diwali is around the corner. It is all about fun, mingling with your family and friends, and eating sweets and snacks. But during this mood of elation and celebration, one forgets that what goes inside also shows up externally. There are the endless parties for which you would dress up and style. So there will be the blow drying, ironing, styling, make-up, late nights, and to top it all, the alcohol and cigarettes. This, coupled with the excess smoke and pollution affects the skin and hair to a large extent.
Here are few tips on how can you keep your skin glowing and hair healthy during the festive season. To start with, let me explain what damages your skin and hair and how.
- Sugar – Sugar suppresses the activity of our white blood cells and thus makes us more susceptible to infections. It also worsens allergies and causes damage because of the breaking down of good proteins, leading to the formation of Advanced Glycation End-products (AGE). AGE makes the proteins in the collagen and hair stiff and hard; thus speeding up the process of skin ageing and making the hair brittle. One of the main reasons for wrinkles, deep lines, and sagging skin is AGE. So gorging high sugar foods during festivals can lead to fine lines and excessive dryness. So please be mindful of what you are eating during this time.
- Smoke – Smoke and pollution damage hair and skin. It makes the skin dry and scalp irritated or even itchy. Too much exposure can lead to boils/ folliculitis, skin rash, and acne exacerbation. To prevent this, you should wash your hair and body thoroughly the day after the festival to counteract the damage caused by smoke and ash.
- Excessive make-up and styling – You need to dress up and look pretty on festival days. This means excessive make-up and hair styling products, blow drying, and ironing. Not all this is harmful, but what worsens the situation is when you ignore or forget to remove them all off after the party is over. Always remember to follow your night-time skincare regime and cleanse your hair of all the styling products.
- Alcohol and cigarettes – These worsen the condition of your hair and skin. Alcohol makes the skin flushed and dehydrated with broken capillaries. And cigarettes compromise the blood supply to your skin. So cut down on cigarettes and alcohol as much as possible.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Be on a healthy diet always, especially a month before the festivals start.
- Avoid too many sweets.
- Drink plenty of fluids like water, coconut water, and buttermilk.
- Try to cut down on your alcohol intake and cigarettes.
- Apply an anti-oxidant cream which contains vitamin A, C, E or Q10 during the day, underneath your sunscreen.
- Remove every trace of make-up and apply a good nourishing night cream.
- Start oiling your hair with light oils like the ones which are coconut-based.
- Do not use mousse on hair. If you do, then wash it off at night or the next morning.
- Blow drying with low heat is better than ironing. Ironing can lead to hair breakage.
- Avoid harsh surface chemical treatments during the Diwali month – be it for skin or hair.
- Include some cardio exercises in your daily routine.
So, follow these simple steps to look gorgeous and feel gorgeous during this festive season!
I had sex last week with my husband and I have taken unwanted 72 before a week of my period. My period date is 23 every month. Can you please help me out.
Sex, which gives pleasure to most, can be painful for some. Many women, mostly in their menopausal or post-menopausal phase find intercourse and penetration extremely painful. Menopause results in hormonal imbalance, with a significant drop in the estrogen level. The reduced estrogen level results in Vulvovaginal Atrophy (dryness of the vagina and thinning and weakening of the vaginal tissues). In such cases, women experience irritation, Vaginismus (vaginal tightness) and soreness after sex.
One can also experience a burning sensation during urination. There may be inflammation of the vaginal tissues. If untreated, the inflammation can cause infection and other complications. "Dyspareunia" or pain during intercourse is very common in postmenopausal women. The pain experienced during sex can be due to "Vulvodynia" as well. Vulvodynia is a condition whereby a women experiences chronic pain in the external genitals or vulva. A number of other factors can also contribute to the pain during sex. A thorough and detailed investigation is thus very important.
Treatment: Many women find it extremely embarrassing to discuss menopausal problems with their partners and doctors. The key to effective treatment lies in timely diagnosis and medication. There is nothing to be embarrassed about. The postmenopausal changes can vary from person to person. Thus it is very important to discuss every minute detail with your physician.
Many options are available to make intercourse a less painful experience:
- Keep dryness at bay: In most cases, painful intercourse results from dryness of the vagina. Use of a lubricant can ease the pain to a great extend. A water-based lubricant is highly recommendable. Regular use of vaginal moisturizers is also effective to deal with vaginal dryness.
- Vaginal care and hygiene: It is very important to keep the vagina clean. Avoid using soaps, bath oils and shower gels. They do more harm than good to the vagina. It is advisable to wash the vagina with warm to lukewarm water. Undergarments should be changed twice daily.
- More is good: Having sex at regular intervals is a healthy practice. It not only enhances and improves the blood flow, but also helps to overcome vaginal dryness.
- The Pelvic Floor Therapy: It is immensely beneficial. In this therapy, a gentle pressure is exerted in the pelvic region to relax the stiffened and tightened muscles. One can also massage the area to relax the muscles.
- Squat: It is a very effective exercise to strengthen the buttocks and hip muscles. Exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles are also very helpful.
- Other therapies: One can also opt for Local Estrogen therapy and Systematic Estrogen Therapy.
Menopause should not affect your conjugal and sexual life. Visit here to know more and forget painful intercourse forever.
Related Tip: "Pain During Intercourse? Here Are The Causes"
My wife got thyroid /lack of vitamin D WHILE pregnancy due to which her full body swollen while pregnancy, after pregnancy after takin vit D tablets vit D recovered but still thyroid is there she is taking since after delivery (7 months) still she suffering pain in her joints /legs some days.
What is known as mc in women as one doctor asked me that my mc will be effected alot because I have taken 5 i-pill tablets in 2 years with gap of 4 months aur more than that.
I am 19 years old. I have regular periods. I have problem of bad smell from vaginal parts even when I don't have white discharge. What to do?
ताड़ एक ऐसा पेड़ है जो अपने औषधीय गुणों की ज्यादा लोकप्रियता नहीं है. ये लाल या नारंगी रंग का होता है. इसकी दो किस्में हैं अमेरिकन ताड़ का तेल और अफ़्रीकी ताड़ का तेल. ताड़ के तेल में बीटा कैरोटिन का उच्च स्तर पाया जाता है. इसमें संतृप्त वसा की मात्रा काफी कम होती है. इससे एलडीएल कोलेस्ट्राल को बढ़ाने में मदद मिलती है जिससे कि ह्रदय के विकारों को रोकने में मदद मिलती है. कुछ देशों (दक्षिण अमेरिका, अफ्रीका और दक्षिण पूर्व एशिया) में इसका इस्तेमला भोजन बनाने के लिए भी किया जाता है. ट्रांस वसा की उपस्थिति के कारण लोग अब इसे अपने आहार में इस्तेमाल करने लगे हैं. खराब कोलेस्ट्राल वाले आहार के रूप में इसका इस्तेमाल किया जा सकता है. आइए ताड़ के तेल के फायदे और नुकसान पर एक नजर डालें.
1. कैंसर के उपचार में
कैंसर जैसे गंभीर बीमारियों के उपचार में ताड़ के तेल की सकारात्मक भूमिका दिखाई पड़ती है. दरअसल इसमें टेकोफेरोल नाम का एक तत्त्व पाया जाता है. असल में ये विटामिन ए का ही एक रूप है. ये प्राकृतिक एंटीऑक्सिडेंट के रूप में काम करता है. मुक्त कणों को नष्ट करने वाला ये एक शक्तिशाली रक्षात्मक यौगिक है. इससे कैंसर की कोशिकाओं के विकास में मदद मिलती है. ताड़ के तेल का नियमित सेवन आपको कैंसर के खतरे से बचा सकता है.
2. आँखों के लिए
इसमें बहुत सारे एंटीऑक्सिडेंट्स पाए जाते हैं जो कि आँखों के स्वास्थ्य के लिए बेहद आवश्यक होते हैं. ये सभी एंटीऑक्सिडेंट्स कोशिकाओं के उपापचय के लिए बेहद आवश्यक हैं. इसके अलावा एंटीऑक्सिडेंट्स मुक्त कणों को नष्ट करके भी आँखों से सम्बंधित कुछ समस्याओं का निदान करते हैं. ये धब्बेदार अधःपतन और मोतियाबिंद की समस्या को रोकने का भी काम करते हैं.
3. गर्भावस्था के दौरान
गर्भावस्था के दौरान महिलाओं के शरीर में कई तरह के परिवर्तन होने लगते हैं. उन्हें पोषक तत्वों की जबरदस्त आवश्यकता होती है. इस दौरान जच्चा-बच्चा को विटामिन की भी आवश्यकता होती है. ताड़ के तेल में वित्ममिन ए, डी, और ई पाया जाता है. ये सभी विटामिन उन दोनों के काम आती है. इसलिए गर्भावस्था के दौरान इसका इस्तेमाल करना चाहिए.
4. ऊर्जा बढ़ाने में
ताड़ के तेल में पाया जाने वाले तमाम पोषक पदार्थों में से एक बीटा कैरोटिन भी है. ताड़ के तेल का रंग लाल या नारंगी इसके कारण ही होता है. ये शरीर के ऊर्जा स्तर को सुधार करने और हार्मोनल संतुलन बढ़ाने का काम करता है.
5. दिल के लिए
ह्रदय के लिए भी इसका इस्तेमाल काफी फायदेमंद होता है. क्योंकि इसमें अच्छा कोलेस्ट्राल और खराब कोलेस्ट्राल उच्च मात्रा में पाए जाते हैं. शारीरिक स्वास्थ्य को बरकरार रखने के लिए भी ये आवश्यक होता है. कोलेस्ट्राल में संतुलन बनाकर ये ह्रदय से सम्बंधित समस्याओं को रोकता है.
ताड़ के तेल के नुकसान
- ताड़ के तेल का आधिक मात्रा में सेवन करने से ह्रदय से संबंधित समस्याओं में वृद्धि हो सकता है.
- किसी व्यक्ति में ये उच्च रक्तचाप से संबंधित समस्या भी उत्पन्न कर सकती है.
- इसे पचाने में भी बहुत मुश्किल आती है. इसलिए कमजोर पाचन वाले व्यक्ति इसके इस्तेमाल से बचें.
Sports Injuries are very common and often results from using improper gear or poor training practices and refers to all those injuries that are faced by an individual while playing a sport. It is essential to understand the preventive measures as well as the therapeutic methods at a basic level.
Types of Sports Injuries
Sports injuries can be categorized as an Acute Injury and a Chronic Injury. Acute Sports Injury occurs suddenly during playing or exercising. Sudden pain, fracture, and strained back are some examples of acute injury. Acute injuries don’t possess any serious threats to one’s life and can be easily healed over a period of time, depending on the injury and the physical conditions of the individual. Chronic Sports Injuries, on the other hand, are those injuries which occur for a long time and is also termed as an overuse injury. Examples include Achilles tendinitis, runner's knee, and swimmer's shoulder.
Steps to follow after an injury
If you have encountered a sports injury, then it is advisable to follow four simple steps.
- The first step involves taking adequate rest. One should reduce their regular activities and take as much rest as possible to regain normal condition.
- The second step comprises of using ice packs on the affected area for 15-20 minutes. This should be followed at least three times a day. But don’t exceed the limit of 20 minutes, as over application might result in worsening the situation.
- The third step involves compression, i.e., exerting even pressure on the affected area, which might help in reducing swelling.
- The last step comprises of elevation. Always try to have the affected area at an elevated level to stimulate speedy recovery. Suppose you have hurt your foot badly, then always place your foot on a pillow and then take rest.
If you follow these steps, then you can expect to heal your injuries gradually. But make sure, that in the case of chronic sports injury, you immediately visit a doctor and follow his prescribed medication and measures. The stated steps can help in case of minor acute sports injuries only.
Precautionary measures for sports injuries
If you want to reduce the risk of sports injuries, then include warm up as a mandatory activity before starting off with any sport or exercise. It is believed that proper warm up can reduce the chances of injuries that can occur during playing sports or exercising. Apart from warm up, you can keep few points in mind to avoid sports injuries like never twist your knees while stretching, don’t do overstretching, know your body limits and act accordingly.
Adhering to established standard best practices while involved in sports can minimize the occurrence of an injury to a great extent.
I'm 21 years old unmarried girl. I had an unprotected sex with my boyfriend on 17-18 March, 2016 after this on 19 March, 2016 I got my proper periods. My periods usually comes on a gap of 25-26 days but on April my period came at the gap 22 days means 3 days before than a expected period date on 11 April, 2016 and it was just a brown light spotting for 2 days and then suddenly become very heavy bleeding from 3 to 7 days i'll never experience this type of periods. Then on 23-24 of April, 2016 incidentally again i have an unprotected sex with my bf after this I got my periods 5 days late than usual this time again it was very less bleeding than my usual periods i'm very much confuse. That it was just a. Nöřmal period or implantation bleeding or any early sign of pregnancy. Coz after all this i'm not feeling comfortable from past 2-3 week I suffering from headache, constipation, heartburn, heart pain, pelvic cramps occasionally, breast tenderness - soreness and shoulder pain i'm very much tensed by this coz i'm unmarried I can't take any risk of pregnancy. I will take an Home pregnancy test with Preganews 3 times in a month 1st on 1st May, 2nd on 21st May and a 3rd on 29th May it all comes negative. After all this yesterday on 2 June, 2016 I got my periods its again just a brown blood light spotting very much different from my usual period. Last time I get my proper satisfying periods on March after this month I didn't got a proper satisfy periods. I'm very much tensed that is i'm pregnant? If yes then y test comes negative and if No then why my body having all early symptoms of pregnancy and a periods like this from 3 months-april, may and june. Please help me. I know I did a big mistake but I can't repeat any mistake anymore please help me out from this situation.
PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome is an endocrine disorder in women, in which the female hormones, progesterone and estrogen, are imbalanced. This imbalance leads to the formation of cysts (benign masses) in the ovaries. PCOS tends to affect your heart functions, fertility, menstrual cycle and appearance.
PCOS is a complex condition because it is not entirely clear why some women have such high androgen levels. What is clear is that many women with PCOS also have issues relating to obesity, insulin resistance (a condition where insulin is not effective in lowering blood sugars) and diabetes.
The complexity of PCOS is compounded by the fact that some women with PCOS do not have visible cysts on their ovaries, and some women with cysts in their ovaries do necessarily have PCOS.
How Does PCOS Affect Fertility?
If you’re living with PCOS, the excessive male hormones that your body is creating can interfere with the production of the female hormones that your body needs in order to ovulate. Because your body is not ovulating, progesterone (the hormone that causes the lining of the uterus to thicken) is not being produced. This results in an absence of periods or irregular menstruation. When there is a lack of ovulation and menstruation, conception just isn’t possible.
There are certain symptoms, which can be indicative of PCOS; these symptoms tend to begin as a woman's menstrual cycle starts. In certain cases, however, PCOS may also affect a woman in her mid age. PCOS can also cause excessive hair growth in unwanted places like above the upper lip, chin, arms and chest like a male.
The symptoms are:
- Increase in the production of male hormone, leads to development of male characteristics
- The size of the breasts may reduce
- The tone and the texture of the voice may change and become similar to a man's voice
- Hair may start to fall
- You may suffer from acne and pimple breakouts on your face
- It can lead to sudden weight gain
- It may affect a woman's fertility
- It may lead to pain in the pelvis
Other symptoms: Apart from these symptoms, a woman may also experience other health complications such as high levels of bad cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes.
Causes: The causes of PCOS are not well known, however, the likely causes are genetics and hormonal complications. If someone in the family has PCOS, then the risk of being affected by PCOS rises significantly. The other likely cause is the overproduction of the male hormone androgen in the female body. Although androgen is a male hormone, the female body also produces it in trace amounts. However, in some cases, when it is overproduced, it might impair the ovulation process.
Diagnosis and Treatment: Once the condition is diagnosed, there are certain treatments, which are recommended for the patient. The condition in itself does not have a cure, but the symptoms can only be controlled.
There are a number of options available, depending on the main issue you are experiencing.
- Weight loss can be more difficult because of the higher levels of testosterone, but it has a very beneficial effect on balancing hormones and restoring regular periods in obese women. So exercise and a change of diet could have a significant impact.
- Insulin sensitizers, such as Metformin, reduce the impact of insulin resistance and can also assist in weight loss.
- Ovulation-inducing drugs such as Clomiphene (Serophene or Clomid) can stimulate the ovaries.
- If you do not respond to Clomiphene, injectable drugs (FSH) can be used, but these require specialist facilities and close monitoring of the response to avoid severe side effects and multiple pregnancies.
- IVF treatment may be necessary for very difficult situations.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
1. Eat fruits as they help you restore energy. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are best suggestible. Avoid watermelon and muskmelons and also goosing on too many mangoes may cause pimples.
2. Have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
3. Eating watery foods like lassi, watermelon, rice, muskmelon creates swelling in the body. So, better opt for foods which are drying in nature like corn, gram flour, chick pea etc.
4. Foods such as brown rice, oats, and barley are the best foods one could have in this monsoon.
5. Body’s immunity can be increased by adding a dash of garlic to the soups, sir fries and curries you intake.
6. Opt for yogurt, curd and almonds in your diet instead of milk. Drink only boiled and purified water to protect yourself from harmful germs and drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated.
7. Consuming bitter vegetables like bitter gourd, and bitter herbs like neem, turmeric powder and methi (fenugreek) seeds help in preventing infections.
8. Consume drying oils like corn oil or light oil and avoid heavy oils like sesame oil, peanut oil and mustard oil as they fall in first place to invite infections.
9. People who face skin allergies during rainy seasons must avoid spicy foods. Spicy foods raise body temperature and stimulate blood circulation and it leads to allergies and skin irritation. Other problems such as boils, change in skin color dullness, rashes are also some skin damaging effects which arise in this season.
10. Avoid naturally sour foods like tamarind, tomatoes and lime in your diet as it promotes water retention.
11. Avoid too much of fish and meat this season and heavy curries and non- vegetarians should go for light meat preparations like stew and soups.
12. Astringent, mildly bitter and pungent foods must be best served this season.
13. Drink lots of herbal teas, especially those with antibacterial properties. These include ginger, pepper, honey, mint and basil leaves. Excessive intake of coffee and tea dehydrates body fluids so they must be better avoided.
14. Vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, cluster beans, ladies finger, kidney beans, pigeon pea, and sprouted grains must be avoided.
15. Eat steamed salads instead of raw vegetables as they contain active bacteria and virus that cause bacterial and viral infections.
16. Have fresh radish juice to fight cold and cough. To reduce mucous formations add pipli and rock salt to warm water. This reduces the natural monsoon ailments.
17. Better eat seasonal fruits as non- seasonal fruits get infested with worms during the monsoons. Pomegranates, lychees, apples, bananas are among the recommended.
18. Avoid eating fried items, pre- cut fruits and juices from road side vendors and stick to high quality and hygiene.
19. People who suffer with arthritis should drink warm water with tulsi and dalchini (cardamom) on an empty stomach in the morning. Doing this improves bowel syndromes and also decreases pains in joints.
20. Always wash vegetables well and keep them clean especially if they are taken raw.