Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Anil AroraYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have GERD (Acid reflux )problem from more than one year. I did endoscopy and the result was normal. I am taking sompraz d40 capsule as doctor prescribed to me. But Acid reflux has been increased and it is affecting to my throat please guide me what should I do.
I am 25 yrs old female, I burp continuously after eating meal or empty stomach. Also, I have white slightly itchy boils on my lips. My hair is dry I want to improve my hair texture. What should I do?
I have acidity problem though I take very less oily food in my lunch n dinner then to everyday before going bed I take zinctac tablet everyday otherwise m nt able tu sleep at night.
I was suffering from stomachpain due to gas how to remove the gas from my stomach please tell me to remove my stomachpain.
Obstruction of the bile duct is characterized by the blockage of the bile duct. The function of the bile ducts is to transport bile to your small intestine. The bile is excreted in order to digest fats from the food.
There are two types of bile ducts in the body
- Intrahepatic ducts: These ducts are small tube like structures that carry the bile to extrahepatic ducts
- Extrahepatic ducts: Extrahepatic ducts are two ducts that descend from the liver into the body's small intestine
The bile comprises of waste products, bile salts and cholesterol. The liver excretes bile which flows through the bile ducts and is stored in the gallbladder. If the bile ducts are blocked then the bile accumulates in the liver and can lead to jaundice.
Certain causes of this particular condition are mentioned below
1. Bile duct obstruction may result from gallstones
2. If you have inflammation in your bile ducts
3. Narrowing of the bile ducts
4. Enlargement of the lymph nodes
5. Bile duct tumors
6. Tumors in the pancreas
7. Various infections such as hepatitis
8. Liver complications such as cirrhosis
9. Various parasites may lead to bile obstruction
10. Inflammation of the pancreas
11. If you have weak immune systems, then it may lead to infections that may result in bile duct obstructions
The symptoms are
1. You may experience yellowish skin
2. You may have symptoms of fever and vomiting
3. Abdominal pain especially in the upper part
4. Stools may be light colored
5. You may pass urine that is dark in color
The various treatment options for obstruction of the bile duct are surgeries that remove the blockage. Other treatment options are an ERCP (Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) and a cholecystectomy which is the process of removal of the gallbladder. ERCP is another procedure that is used to get rid of gallstones from the gallbladder. You may prevent it by consuming a lot of fiber in your diet. Make lifestyle changes such as exercising on a regular basis and eating healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.