Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Anil AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctors. I have so much cold and sneezing continuously. It's been since 14 days I am having cold. Feeling so much down and having little pain in my chest too. Please help me doctors. Give me the best suggestion what should I want to do? Due to sneeze I totally losing my hopes.
He is a heart patient. Had 3 major heart oprations. Now after 5 years he is again suffering from chest pain. He had his bypass before 5 yrs. After that he had an open hear surgry. So is it possible that he I again got some blockage in some other artery?
I am having pain in the middle of the chest area and in the heart area. Actually the pain is shifting from middle area to left side. When he takes the tablet (tryptomer, as prescribed) the pain shifts from left area to middle. Please suggest.
Hi I am 22 years old. I have a acidity/gas problem due to which my stomach become large and burning. Last few days I got a pain/ache on my left breast/chest upper. But not in a constant part. The pain moves to hand shoulder. Please suggest what it would be. It pains like someone is pinching.
My heart beats upto 100 bpm or more and my blood pressure is 160\90. Am a 16 year old boy. I can feel my heart beats. Is it is any problem?
I am 51 years, suffering with heart problem since 8 years caused with blood pressure and cholesterol kindly advise me sir how to control the both.
My husband is 44years old. Last year he diagnosed with diabetes, Though it is in control and he is on medication. He is having normal weight and suffering from high BP for last 5years. Kindly guide me how to reduce and keep on check, the adverse effect of both disease on other body organs like kidneys, eyes.
I am an cardiac patient can you please tell me an healthy diet and precautions in day to day activities.
I have high cholesterol that is 265 n my age is 22! And have high bp of 150 I feel v uncomfortable I have smoking habit no acholol n any other! Only smoking Wat should I do?
I am a chain smoker. I smoke about 30-40 cigs evryday. Recently I noticed burning sensation in chest and lost my appetite. Is dat because of smokin or can it be because of something else. Coz ive been smokin fr bout 6 years and frm past 2 years its 30-40 cigs per day.
Coronary artery disease or CAD is the name given to the heart condition in which the major blood vessels that supply your heart with blood, oxygen and nutrients, also called coronary arteries, get blocked, damaged or diseased.
- Blockages usually happen when cholesterol-containing deposits called plaque deposit in your arteries. Plaque narrows the lumen of your coronary artery which means your heart gets lesser and lesser oxygen and nutrients to function properly.
- Inflammation is also to blame for coronary artery disease.
Common symptoms of CAD include
- Angina or pain in the chest
- Shortness of breath
- If the blockage is complete, you can get a heart attack.
Common Diagnostic tests
When you go to a heart specialist, she will ask questions about your medical history and follow it up with a physical exam and order routine blood and diagnostic tests to confirm CAD like:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG): An ECG records electrical signals as they travel through your heart revealing evidence of a previous heart attack or one that’s happening. Holter monitoring is a type of ECG where you wear a portable monitor for 24 hours as you go about your normal daily activities. Abnormalities in the results suggest reduced blood flow to the heart signaling CAD.
- Echocardiogram: This test uses sound waves to produce images of your heart. It helps your doctor determine whether all parts of your heart wall are contributing to your heart's pumping activity. If certain parts are moving weakly it can mean damage to muscle due to a heart attack or because of receiving too little oxygen- again signaling CAD.
- Exercise Stress test: This test is done by making you do exercises like walking on a treadmill or riding a stationary bike during an ECG. Sometimes, medication to stimulate your heart may be used instead of exercise.
This again detects areas in your heart that receive less blood flow.
- Cardiac catheterization or angiogram. A special dye is injected into your coronary arteries to observe blood flow through your heart in a test known as an angiogram.
- The dye is sometimes also injected into the arteries through a long, thin, flexible tube called catheter that is threaded through an artery in your leg to the arteries in your heart. This procedure is called cardiac catheterization. This test is very good in diagnosing CAD as the dye outlines narrow spots and blockages on the X-ray images of your heart.
- Heart scans. Computerized tomography or CT can help your doctor actually see calcium deposits in your arteries that can be narrowing your arteries. If a substantial amount of calcium deposits are found, coronary artery disease could be the reason.
- MRI scans are also done to diagnose CAD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
Hello Doctor I'm 30 year old male. I had recently experienced chest pain. Undergone treatment and ecg but the results were normal. How can I know that the pain is due to angina or gastric problem.
One can reverse heart dis. by life style changes like stopping smoking,weight management, brisk walk/jogging, nuritious high fibre food, yoga, meditation, possitive thinking,proper sleep and stress control.It is now a medicaly proven fact.