Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Aniel MalhotraYour feedback matters!
My 5 month girl has some eye infection. She is getting white eyes n some white found z also coming out. CAN U please HELP ME WHAT TO DO?
I m highly myopic having peripaillary cnvm in right eye since 3 years. Condition is stable with 7 avastin injectiopns. I am attending for follow up for every 3 months. Will my condition improve by any kind of treatment or I will be with this fear that I may loose my vision one day and become blind ?
Watery eyes. After an hour of reading eyes start watering. Thereafter every 15-20 minutes. This has been happening for the last two-three years. And, I'm 65 years old. Any remedy?
I have been working hard, so I am not able to take care of my health issues I am suffering from leg pain and head ache and also eye problem so please help me out to get well.
I work for long hours on a system and I couldn't sleep well due to strain in my eyes. How could I overcome it.
I am 23 years old. I sleep 8-9 hours a day but still I have constant dark rings around my eyes. Also my eyes looks as if I have put red kajal in my eyes when exposed to sun and the dark circles increases that time. Please guide me.
My son is 5years old, he is suffering from eye allergy from 1yr, he is frequently rubbing his eyes. Doctor suggested to use pataday, refresh tears continuously twice a day. Even though I am using this drops, he is rubbing his eyes and the outside of black circle becoming red.
I'm suffering from eye pain and one side head ache. Dr. Confirmed that it is migraine. Please give me a tips to overcome migraine.
The most common vision problems are shortsightedness and farsightedness. Shortsightedness is when a person sees close objects clearly while distant objects appear blurry. It is more common than farsightedness and affects about 70% of the Asian population.
When there is a refractive issue, the prescription usually has a plus/minus with it and also a number. A ‘minus’ symbol is used to represent shortsightedness; the greater the number of the glasses, the higher the shortsightedness. High myopia is a more severe form of shortsightedness where the power is -6.0 or higher.
As mentioned, the person will be able to see nearby objects but will have difficulty seeing far off objects.
- Difficulty reading signs and boards
- Straining to reduce the strain on the eye
- Tired and fatigue due to this eye strain, especially when in constant move like playing sports or travelling
How it happens?
Vision can be explained by a physical process where light passes through a lens and falls on the retina in the posterior portion of the eye where it forms an image. This is then sent to the brain where it is read and interpreted as a particular object. When the lens becomes elongated, the image that is formed is distorted in that it is formed in front of the retina and not on the retina. Though it gradually settles down with adulthood, in most cases, it progresses and requires corrective lenses. The corrective lenses ensure the image falls on the retina and visual perception is improved.
- Corrective glasses are the most commonly used measure for nearsightedness. The lenses could be used either as spectacles or as contact lenses.
- Laser surgery can also be used to correct the problem. A thin layer of the cornea is removed and the image formation is corrected.
- Artificial intraocular lenses are also being used to treat this condition. They work like contact lenses and may need periodic replacement.
- The most common technique, especially for high myopia is the use of surgery to correct the problem. This is a one-time correction and is a more durable solution than the earlier mentioned options.
- Appropriate calculations are done to identify the lens to be used so that proper vision is restored.
- Though not common, retinal detachment and variable postoperative refractive error can occur during the surgery.
- It is very important to set realistic expectations with the patient in terms of what to expect before, during, and after surgery. If only one eye is going for repair, the chances of mismatch in vision could be present in the early stages. Being clear about what to expect will help in successful correction. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.