Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Angela SehraYour feedback matters!
We are in baby planning since a year. But not succeed. We did all the tests and all reports came normal. Doc asked us to keep trying. What may be the reason of not getting pregnant?
My wife is suffering from long period time stay (10-15days) since 2/3 month's. And take medicine but no relief. What should we do? Is there any chances of tumor? please help me.
Sugar (cane sugar) is not only a big industry but has been a part of many of our traditional foods. Somehow, today sugar has been given a tag of being an 'unhealthy' food. What we don't realize before we demonize a food the reason for it to suddenly become unhealthy. Sugar in small required amounts does not cause any health issue. What we don't realize is the amount of sugar that we are unknowingly consuming through foods like packaged cereals ,juices , health drinks , pastries, burgers and even the so called 'low fat' packaged foods marketed as healthy foods. Excessive sugar in these forms can definitely become harmful. So, rather than banning sugar from your diet, try to make better food choices.
The steps you can take to reduce sugar intake in a week are -
1. Stay hydrated and avoid health drinks and packaged juices - Replace so-called health drinks and packaged juices with fresh drinks like lime water, coconut water, herbal teas and home-made fruit drinks like raw mango juice / aam panah and Water. The natural electrolytes will stop any craving for excessive sugar laden foods.
2. Limit caffeine intake - Drinking coffee in the morning causes caffeine kick which spikes the energy levels in the body. As soon as this spike wears off, there is an intense sugar craving in the body.
3. Eat more complex carbohydrates - Increasing consumption of complex carbohydrates such as whole grains and yams helps in stabilizing blood sugar levels in the body. This happens as they are digested slowly and help in controlling sugar cravings.
4. Restrict salt intake - Excessive salt consumption can increase cravings for sugary foods. Eating too much salt can cause the body to balance out the flavors thus leading to increased sugar cravings.
5. Exercise - Exercise causes perspiration in the body which helps in flushing out the salt and making the body alkaline thus reducing sugar cravings.
6. Limit processed food intake - Eating naturally occurring foods such as grains and fruits are healthier than eating packaged foods. Packaged foods generally contain both added sugar and salt which tend to increase sugar cravings and promotes weight gain.
I took 13 tablets for delaying my period: sysron n 5 mg tablets. I did not get my period. I checked for pregnancy test.
I am 20 year old girl from few days I am observing that my left breast have became little big then right breast I m worried about it. Please tell me that whether its a symptom of breast cancer? and what should I do now.
I have issues with my menstrual cycle and often have irregular periods with abdominal pain. Please advise.
I have PCOD and have unwanted hair on my face is der any remedy for removing unwanted hair permanently.
I went for scan and there was nothing wrong with me structurally. And I still have not seen my period for close to two months.
I had taken the ipill. I want to know that if I got my periods after taking the pill. M I safe from unwanted pregnancy? Or is there any chance that I can be pregnant. Please doctors. Help me out.
A majority of us would rather undergo any form of torture than go to a dentist. There is some great news for the ones who are silently enduring their dental pains. Read on as we reveal how to get rid of your teething troubles and that too painlessly!
#1- NO MORE INJECTIONS
If the fear of a needle is what’s keeping you away from the dental office, then think again as we can now numb you with as little as just a paste, spray or solution that doesn’t require an injection for its delivery. This revolutionary new technology takes away the prick of the needle and the pressure of the liquid expanding your lips and gums, instead, the solution enters by a digitally controlled dispenser going in drop by drop making it virtually undetectable.
#2- NO MORE DRILLING
The sound of the drill can be one of the most known triggers for creating fear and anxiety in the patient's mind. When coupled with its vibrations, heat and pressure the experience it creates oscillates from unpleasant to downright unbearable. If the drill were replaced by a beam of light that can clean up decay, even the most reluctant people would open up to the experience. Once patients experience the difference they not only get the most urgent and necessary treatments done but also opt for preventive treatments.
#3- BLADE FREE SURGERIES
If you had to undergo a dental surgery earlier you may have had to worry about blood loss, pain, swelling, stitches not to mention the countless gory images that come to mind - but fortunately not anymore ! A surgery can be completely pain-free with little or no bleeding, Immediate recovery,no stitches and no swellings having you back at work or play almost instantly.
#4- QUICK & EASY ROOT CANALS
Root canal treatment as a procedure is probably more dreaded than even extraction or removal of a tooth. The pain and fear associated with this treatment are due to the primitive way that it used to be done in earlier. Automated technologies make root canals completely painless, precise, quick and smooth in as little as just one session.
#5- RELAXING MEDICATION
If these reasons do not sound convincing enough then pain relieving and controlling drugs before or during your appointment may be the solution for you.
Great strides have been made in the field of pharmacology with medication that can block or control pain centres in the brain.
We now choose from a variety of medication ranging from oral drugs to breathing gases through a mask, that can relieve your anxiety during the procedure to a point that you no longer perceive or detect pain.
The only thing left to fear now remains a nagging toothache in the back of your mouth that you have been ignoring.
As hard as it may seem to believe, truth is, that with the best technology, great ambience, and a host of distraction techniques - a dental appointment may actually turn out to be pleasant and save you a world of pain in the future!
My wife age is 30 years old His periods not come regularly for every month. Now last 2 months over not come.
What's the use of using Viagra! Is it available in local medicals! What are the advantages and disadvantages of it?
Hi, I am married for 1.5 years and my age is 30. In this 1.5 years, I had physical relations with my wife for only thrice. Last time we had in Apr 2015. She is not having any interest to involve in same now whereas I have. How can we reconcile? I don't want to pressurise her.
I am 38 and 6 week pregnant, suddenly my amniotic fluid levels have dropped to 2.1 today, doctor said baby needs to be delivered ASAP through CS? Is it required?can i do something to increase amniotic fluid levels?
Spine surgeries are complicated and have serious repercussions if the procedure is not planned well. A thorough communication with your doctor is therefore very critical to ensure a safe operation and early post-op recovery. Questions can range from the type of treatment chosen for a speedy recovery to side effects. Here is a list of questions that you need to ask your spine surgeon:
1. Why is the surgery recommended?
Typically, there is more than one treatment option for a particular problem. Your doctor should be able to tell you very precisely as to why the surgery is recommended and how it is going to address the problem. He should also discuss the alternative treatments available with their respective advantages and pitfalls.
2. Is there any non-surgical option?
Many spine related issues can be treated with rest, medicines and physiotherapy. Ask your doctor if such conservative options exist.
3. Explain the surgical procedure in detail.
Your doctor should explain the whole surgical procedure, in as much detail as you think is required for you to understand what is going to be done to your body. This helps you to have a practical idea and realistic expectations regarding your treatment.
4. What is the duration of the surgery?
Duration of a spine surgery depends on the procedure that is being performed and individual complexities. A lumbar microdiscectomy may take barely an hour, while a complex spinal fusion may take half a day! Do inquire about the duration expected by your spine surgeon.
5. How will the surgery address the pain or other symptoms?
It is important to know the source of the pain or other symptoms in a spinal pathology. Not all back pain benefit from surgery. Ask your doctor how he intends to address the pain, weakness etc. through the surgery.
6. What are the risks involved?
Risks and side effects vary from patient to patient. For instance, a person with obesity, diabetes and smoking has greater chances of complications associated with any surgery.
7. Do you need to change your regular medications?
Medicines like blood thinners can increase chance of hemorrhagic complications. These need to be stopped before surgery. Do discuss ALL your medical issues no matter how irrelevant they may seem to you.
8. Whether a back brace is necessary after surgery?
Limiting the spine movement is necessary for the process of healing. Most Doctors suggest braces or collars after a spine surgery.
9. What is the time required for recovery?
The recovery greatly varies with patients and conditions. What you should ask your Doctor is the expected time required for you to join your job/school.
10. Will there be any physical limitation after the operations?
Many spine surgeries require you to refrain from strenuous jobs for a while. For instance, certain surgeries require you to stay away from driving for a while. Address all these apprehensions from your doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
During pregnancy, quite a few changes occur inside a woman's body. It is quite common for some of these changes to surface outside. Skin changes are quite common in pregnant women, and pinkish streaks on the stomach and a sudden glow on the face are commonly observed. Although not all women experience the same skin changes, there are some changes which are quite common during pregnancy. Some of them are:
1. Stretch Marks - Stretch marks are the most common and usual skin changes that occur during pregnancy. Nearly 90% of all pregnant women are likely to experience stretch marks. Stretch marks are the reddish streaks that run down the abdomen or breasts of a pregnant woman. Exercising and applying lotions rich in the vitamin can help in preventing such marks.
2. Mask of pregnancy - Melasma, commonly known as the mask of pregnancy, causes dark splotchy spots to appear on your face. Fluctuations in hormonal activities during those nine months can lead to an increase in pigmentation. These spots usually occur on the forehead and cheeks. Nearly 50% of all pregnant women encounter signs of melasma.
3. Pregnancy Glow - During pregnancy, the body produces 50% more blood; hence, there is a greater circulation of blood in the body, and the increased blood flow causes the face to appear brighter. The body also produces a lot of hormones that cause the glands to overwork, which renders the face shiny.
4. Acne - Hormonal fluctuations in the body can cause the oil glands to secrete more oil, which can cause a breakout. In case of pre-existing acne, the condition may heighten and, thus, get more inflamed.
5. Spider and Varicose veins - Increased blood circulation can cause minute, reddish blood vessels to protrude outwards. These veins usually appear on the face, neck, upper chest and arms. Varicose veins refer to the thick, bluish veins that appear on the legs. This happens because the body compensates for the extra blood that flows to your baby.