Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Angela SehraYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from irregular periods from last 3-4 years. My periods comes after 3 or 4 months. Is it a big problem? How can it effect on my lyf? Please help me.
Hello Doctors My age is 31 and I am going to get married soon and my wife is 22. So I just want to ask will this 9 years age difference will be create any problem for our future. Regarding any sexual issue's like having sexual intercourse and having baby and all. I heard that there will be a problem of infertility if having a big age difference between husband and wife. please somebody tell me about it. Thanks.
Hi Doctor, I was sleeping with my cousin 24 years old female. But in midnight we were not able to control our sexual urge. So we undressed each other. kissed a lot. But I was not able to control. so I pushed my penis in her vagina once and took it back and cummed. is there any chance of her getting pregnant? Can I use condom and have sex with her?
Top most nutrient-dense prebiotic foods
Asparagus is packed with fiber, folate and other b vitamins, and even have 4 grams of protein per 8 stalks. Eat it grilled, sauteed, raw, or even sneak it in your green smoothie if you're super brave. It has a naturally sweet taste and is also a natural diuretic to beat bloating.
Almost everyone loves bananas, including your gut! bananas both soothe the gut membrane and also contain natural fibers that promote good bacteria growth. This is one reason they may cause some mild rumbling. For easier digestion, be sure that you choose riper bananas instead of yellowish greenish bananas. Those may be higher in starch and harder to digest, while the spotted ones seem to digest a bit more easy, despite being higher in natural sugars. All bananas are great sources of potassium b vitamins, and even offer vitamin c as well. Use them frozen in smoothies, cream them into a raw pie or cake, or just snack on them raw before your next workout.
The cheapest, most delicious way to flavor your food (and a wonderfully natural one) is also great for your digestion! onions contain a natural source of inulin which the gut uses to clean house and up the good bacteria during the process. Onions are also packed with antioxidants and can be used in any savory recipe you choose. If raw onions give you indigestion, give yours a light saute or boil before using to break down some of the sugars. See these tips for choosing the best onion for your recipes.
Garlic is a rich source of inulin as well as a great antibacterial agent. It packs two punches in one by kicking out the bad guys and feeding the good guys. Garlic is a cheap way to flavor your foods and also a great source of vitamin b6 to aid in metabolism and nervous system health. It's a real superfood your whole body loves! try it in a veggie stir-fry, hummus, or saute into your next batch of rice or soup.
Cabbage is a versatile, cheap prebiotic food you can do almost anything with. Its natural prebiotics are the reason it is used in sauerkraut and kimchi as the base. Feel free to use raw cabbage wraps for sandwiches, make cabbage soup, or make a healthy dairy-free coleslaw if you wish. Cabbage is also packed with b vitamins, alkalizing minerals, and offers up a good source of vitamin c.
Known as a strong digestive booster, beans are packed with oligosaccharides that feed good gut bacteria (which is one reason they're problematic for some). Though the gurgling is a good sign, it can be a little potent for new bean eaters. Soak your beans overnight and cook them extremely well (almost overdone if you need to), or add them slowly into your diet a day so your body can adapt. Beans are a good source of potassium, protein, and high in fiber so work them into your diet if you can, but if not, choose some legumes (below) instead.
A bit easier to digest than beans, but just as nutritious, legumes such as lentils, chickpeas, and green peas are all excellent choices of protein, iron, and b vitamins. They're filled with just the right amount of fiber and natural sugars to boost good gut bacteria, but a bit lighter on the stomach. For easier digestion, soak your lentils, or use presoaked canned (bpa-free) versions instead. Red lentils are especially thin and easier to digest than other varieties and also a bit sweeter, so you may not need to soak them. Frozen peas are also a good alternative to raw peas and don't need to be soaked either. Edamame and other legumes are also great choices.
Whether it be oat, wheat, rice or another type of bran, pure bran is full of insoluble fiber that feeds good gut bacteria. It helps regularity and also reduces cholesterol. Be sure to choose organic bran when possible to avoid genetically modified grains or go with a company that's certified non-gmo. Oat bran lends a particularly awesome creamy texture to normal oatmeal, but with all grains, be sure you choose mostly whole varieties since the bran is only part of the entire grain. Bran can be added to muffin recipes, porridge, or used in healthy cookie recipes for a creamy, nutty, and fibrous texture.
Artichokes are fantastic for your gut! they're packed with fiber and very low in net carbohydrates. This makes them lower on the glycemic index and helpful for your blood sugar. If you choose canned artichoke hearts for ease of use (such as in salads and soups), go with a bpa-free version when possible. Whole artichokes and canned artichoke hearts can both be used in various recipes and are remarkable detox foods.
Leeks are also another food to add to your list of healthy flavoring options. A member of the onion family, leeks are versatile and easy to cook with, despite looking intimidating. Leeks are commonly used in soups and stocks but can also be cut and sauteed in stir-fries as well. They're rich in the same benefits as onions though a bit milder in taste and higher in chlorophyll.
Root veggies pack a good bit of soluble fiber that your gut loves. Sweet potatoes, squash, wild yams, jicama, beets, carrots, turnips, parsnips, and other root veggies are all great choices. Cook them however you like and enjoy their easy-to-digest, naturally cleansing nature.
Apples are fantastic foods for your heat and brain due to their antioxidant content, but their natural pectin fiber is the reason they're so great for your gut. Pectin feeds good bacteria and apples are also a good source of inulin and natural fos (a beneficial type of sugar that feeds the gut). Apples are also good for keeping you full and warding off high cholesterol.
Pregnancy test negative. Right ovarian cyst36*16*17 mm. Once took meprate for withdrawal bleed n nxt month progesterone injections for withdrawal bleed, this month also missed my menses.
Hello Dr. Actually after having sex I didnt got my periods for months, but after 2 months I had my period tat to for only 2 days after taking tat deviry 10 mg tab for 6 days. So what to consider now. Am I pregnant or not. Because nw me and my hubby are not prepared for a child.I am having hypo thyroid and pcod problem. Is that is because of it?
I am a 25 years old and I got married in 20 years. I gave birth to two babies. When am sex with my husband in my vagina it produces too much of watery substances and producing some sounds. Because of this am also not feeling good and my husband is not satisfied with me. This problem arised last three weeks before. While doing sex inside my vagina more lubricant is produced. So my vagina became very loose and elasticity. We are not feeling well because of this problem. What is the reason for this problem? please help me to cure from this problem.
Is post menopausal condition related to cardiac problems like palpitation, uneven heart beat, suppression in chest, sudden increase in heartbeat?
Hi, I'm 24 years old. Actually i'm not having my periods since last six months. i'm having hairs on my face as well as i'm gaining weight too. I have consulted a doctor here. She gave me cystop and evecare syrup. But she was not attending me well. So I changed my doctor. She has recommended to have regestrone 5 mg and ovabless. I have gone through net and found cystop is used for curing insulin resistance which is main cause of PCOS. Can I take cystop too with these two medicine. I'm just fed up of increasing weight. Please advise.
Hi sir I am 37 years older, actually my wife some time suffer with white problem, when that time we are start sex I am suffered with red bubbles and white layer with itch and flame, but lost 15 days I am suffered continuously very highly, please give me solution.
I want to get pregnant in this month what should I do. I am trying from 1 and half month but I didn't get. Please can you reply.
One of my nipple is shrink and creamy milk comes outt. Other is fine. Kindly suggest what is the reason and will it have any effect in future? What should I need to do?
My age 19 yrs. I'm facing menstrual problem during last 3 years . Menstrual cycle is not coming proper date I mean exact time. . It is coming 8 or 9 days later from the exact date and paining my abdomen first 2 or 3 days when period is start and coming bunch of blood from my vagina. . What I'll do. .Please give me some suggestions. Thank you!
I am 32 years old. I try my best to eat less of food but I m not able to reduce my weight. I have a bloated stomach. Sometimes I get irregular periods. My waist is 38.
I am 26 I have had aborted three times last time in June, but I have a doubt as may first two pregnancy was aborted by miscarriage so should I take medical checkup.
The shoulder is one of the most important joints in the body that uses a ball and socket to join the arm to the rest of the body. Any pain can make it difficult to carry out motion in a comfortable manner. The shoulder consists of the long arm bone called the humerus, the collarbone or the clavicle, as well as the shoulder blade called the scapula. A layer of cartilage provides essential padding to the bones in this area and its two main joints. There are a number of issues that can cause shoulder pain. Let us get to know the six most common ones.
- Rotator Cuff Injury: This is the most common cause of shoulder pain and it occurs when the four muscles or the tendons are injured. These muscles and tendons usually control the movement of the arm. This injury can involve strains and tears which may also be caused by constant lifting of heavy objects.
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis: This condition affects the tendons and muscles that help in moving the arm freely. This usually happens due to inflammation in the tendons. It is commonly experienced by patients who are actively involved in sports and other heavy physical pursuits in their line of work.
- Frozen Shoulder: This is a debilitating condition that restricts the free movement of the arm and is also known as adhesive capsulitis. When the shoulder tissues become too thick, it leads to the growth of scar tissue that hinders proper movement and causes pain.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a condition that comes as part of aging bones that also become hollow and brittle over the passage of time, which leads to joint and bone pains in various parts of the body. It is a degenerative disease that is caused due to prolonged wear and tear as well as other factors including family history and sports injury.
- Bursitis: This condition is known to affect the fluid filled sacs that lie in between the joints. These are known as bursae. When the bursae suffers from swelling, the effect usually shows up as pain in the joints.
- Tendon Sheath Inflammation: The fibrous tissue that connects the bones and the muscles is called a tendon. The presence of the tendon makes it possible to pursue activities like running, jumping, lifting, gripping and more. It is protected by a sheath known as synovium, which also lubricates the same. Any injury or tear to this sheath can cause shoulder pain.
Acute and persistent pain that does not abate and gets even worse should be treated with immediate medical intervention.
Related Tip: "What Does Neck and Shoulder Pain Indicate?"
What we want to have when pregnancy of 8month to increase baby weight and how much weight does have in that time
Bulimia Nervosa is an eating disorder which is marked by the tremendous compulsion to binge eat, and then adopt extreme measures to avoid putting on weight. It usually affects men and women of all ages. Bulimia Nervosa makes you extremely restless, when all you think about is how to undo the binge eating.
Signs that you are suffering from Bulimia
- You are unable to stop eating
- You consume food very secretively when nobody is around
- You eat till you almost feel sick
- You rarely eat normally; you either overeat, or you go on a fast
- You exercise vigorously after eating to burn off the calories
- You use a lot of laxatives, or enemas
- You try to vomit out the food you have consumed because you feel guilty
- You have a very poor image and perception about your own body.
- You have low self esteem, and you consider yourself to be worthless and unattractive
Physical signs of Bulimia Nervosa
- Scars on the knuckles or hands; from trying to run your finger down your throat to induce vomiting.
- Saggy and puffy cheeks
- Discolored teeth; from throwing up every time after you have binge eaten
- You experience very frequent fluctuations in weight
Risk factors with Bulimia Nervosa
Bulimia Nervosa is a very complex psychological issue, and the following factors tend to increase the risk of this disease:
- Gender - Women are more likely to suffer from bulimia than men.
- Age - Bulimia normally affects people in their late teens and early adulthood.
- Biology - Bulimia may also be linked genetically, with evidence that if you have close relatives with this disorder, you are more likely to suffer as well. Deficiency of the chemical serotonin in the brain might also play a leading role.
- Media and peer pressure - Media has this tendency to feature skinny models and this adversely affects the youth who tend to be guided by what the media projects.
- Sports or other artistic pressures - If you are an actor, or a dancer, there are higher chances of you suffering from Bulimia if you are encouraged to eat less and exercise a lot more to be in shape all the time.
Hi. I am female 23 years old. Suffering with swelling in left labia majora from 2 days. I don't have itching problem but its paining. I was unable to sit or walk comfortably. Suggest me how reduce it. Nd also can you pls tell me why it gets swelled.
- Ideal for weight loss!
It has only 33 calories in a cup of cooked cabbage, is low in fat and high in fiber. It is definitely a smart carb.
2. It is a brain food!
It is full of vitamin K and anthocyanins that help with mental function and concentration. These nutrients also prevent nerve damage, improving your defense against Alzheimer's disease, and dementia. Red cabbage has the highest amount of these power nutrients.
3. High in sulfur, the beautifying mineral.
Cabbage helps dry up oily and acne skin. Internally sulfur is essential for keratin, a protein substance necessary for healthy hair, nails, and skin. Check out this Homemade Cabbage Face Mask
4. Help detoxify the body.
The high content of vitamin C and sulphur in cabbage removes toxins (free radicals and uric acid). These are the main causes of arthritis, skin diseases, rheumatism and gout.
5. Has well-known cancer preventative compounds lupeol, sinigrin, and sulforaphane.
They stimulate enzyme activity and inhibit the growth of cancer tumors. A Study on women showed a reduction in breast cancer when cruciferous vegetables like cabbage were added to their diet.
6. Help keep blood pressure from getting high.
The high potassium content helps by opening up blood vessels, easing the flow of blood.