Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Aneeta TalwarYour feedback matters!
My breast is getting bigger in size day by day .how can I reduce my breast. Tell some exercise or other thing so that it can be reduced in size .
Hi I am 24 week pregnant. Sever heart burn feeling like breath stop. please Help me urgently for that
My MC DATE IS 2nd of every months but from past one month my MC IS NOT CLEAR N NOW IS SECOND MONTH IS ALSO SAME WILL UH GUIDE US WHAT TO DO NEXT N M RECENTLY MARRIED GIRL.
A 20 age girl taken ipill emergency in her lyf first time. Then Menstrual bleeding is happen normal or heavy. ND can it will cross above 7 days sir. Any serious issue about it. Help me Sir thank you.
I haven't had a period since 23rd -28th of Jan and spotting on 10th and 11th of march now bleeding bright red blood:(got pains as well bad back pain. I had a miscarriage on 7th November 2015 so last year.
Hello Dr. my last period 17/2/17. Now my feel is during or after eating food vomiting tendency. And headache. When I took pregnancy test .22/3/17 took pregnancy test but the result is negative .the laboratory women talk after 10 day missed period then get result its cure. I am pregnant or not.
Is it safe to see two different doctors during pregnancy, as I am a one month pregnant can I consult some other gynecologist, the present clinic is very far from my place and I am really getting exhausted.
I have irregular periods problem. I had pcod problem , I took medicine for 6 months. After that Pcod cleared. But I didn't get my periods regularly. While I took medicine I'll get periods else I won't get periods. My weight is increasing. But I don't have thyroid problem. Can you suggests me what to do get my periods regularly?
Brain mapping is a technique where the biological quantities of a human brain are represented as spatial quantities resulting in maps. As with many other medical technologies, brain mapping is fast-evolving as well. Among several uses, brain mapping is chiefly used while performing surgery on the brain.
When surgery is to be performed on the brain such as surgery for epilepsy, the surgeon would want to comprehend how the brain areas are affected by seizures. The surgical intervention is meant for removing as much as seizure focus as possible while preserving crucial functions like understanding, speech, vision, movement, and sensation.
Why is brain mapping performed?
Brain mapping is a process which helps in identification of functions of various parts of the brain. Mapping the brain by stimulating different areas of the brain areas can aid in creating a map for a particular person. The map allows the doctor in understanding what parts of the brain are responsible for performing critical functions including sensation, movement, speech and other functions.
Which functions of the brain can be mapped electrically?
Typical areas of the brain which have motor, language, visual and sensory functions are needed to be mapped. When current is applied to a single area at a time, the doctor understands which part of the brain is responsible for which function.
When the patient is not able to speak due to the current, then the area is likely to be crucial for language function. If the limbs, face or trunk of the patient stop moving as the current passes, the area that is tested is responsible for movement. On the other hand, if the individual experiences tingling, numbing, and other sensations when the current is applied, it means that a sensory region is discovered.
How is electrical brain mapping performed?
Electrical brain mapping for guiding brain surgery for epilepsy can be performed in two distinct processes: directly during the surgery or in a two-stage procedure.
In the first stage of the process, the surgeon creates an opening in the skull which helps in exposing the surface of the brain. Small electrical contacts or electrodes are placed on the brain surface even though no brain tissue is removed. As soon as the electrodes are in the right position, the scalp is closed. The electrodes not only record the seizure of the patient electrically but also allow mapping of various areas of the brain. The last stage is surgery where abnormal brain tissues are removed.
Brain mapping process during surgery:
Electrical brain mapping may also be performed during the surgery which exposes part of the brain. This is termed as intraoperative brain mapping since it occurs while performing the main operation. The process of mapping may last for an hour to several hours at a stretch.
Brain mapping is also used to diagnose neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. In these cases, the brain map shows extreme shrinkage of the brain due to tissue loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
To give a baby birth should I do sex with my wife at her current periods date or before and after her periods?
One of the human body’s primary defense mechanism can be depression when it correlates with personal loss, life struggle or an injury. It is normal to be depressed on occasions, and our body has been blessed with a system that can help cope with it and come out of it. However, when the depression turns intense and becomes a part of our life, then it could be a cause for serious concern.
The food we eat plays a significant role in having mood swings. A proper diet can be extremely helpful in reducing depression tendencies and in keeping us happy. Let us have a look at few food products that fight depression.
Green tea: It is loaded with amino acids and antioxidants and is extremely useful in overcoming depression. It also acts as a detoxing agent and cleanses your body. Thus your body feels supple and gets loaded with natural energy. The amino acids present in them are known to reduce stress and are highly recommended for neurodegenerative disorders. Green tea can be had even for 3 to 4 times per day without any side effects.
Almonds: Almonds are rich in magnesium that influences the production of serotonin, a chemical that is good for the brain. They are also known to release ample amounts of energy to the brain circuits. Researchers have established that magnesium deficiency is one of the fundamental causes of depression and mood disorders. Moreover, almonds are enriched with zinc that promotes neurotransmitter production.
Salmon: Inflammation of the brain is also one of the reasons why many people undergo mood swings and depression. They occur due to the lack of omega-3 fatty acids in the diet. One of best sources of omega-3 fatty acids would be salmon, and they are very helpful in reducing inflammation of the brain. Further, they are categorized as one of the happy foods that keep the mind active and supple and play a significant role in mood regulation. Salmon is also good for your health and reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Tuna and sardines are other fish varieties that are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.
Dark chocolate: Did you know that eating chocolates can not only help in your mood swings, but it also keeps your mind happy? Dark chocolates are known to increase serotonin levels in the body that work as natural anti-depressants. They reduce stress and anxiety and play a significant role in increasing the emotional happiness of a person. They are also rich sources of sugar and promote carbohydrate build up in the body.
Eggs: The very reason why many people suggest taking eggs as a part of a breakfast diet is that they are loaded with nutrients and proteins that give you complete energy to make it through the day. They also have good sources of zinc and contain enormous quantities of vitamin D that can act as a barrier to mood swings and depression. They are beneficial in promoting neurotransmitter production which is vital for keeping the brain active. They also aid in the manufacture of red blood cells that are good for the nervous system.
Hi doctor I'm 25 years married girl. I'm suffering from vagina lip itching from last 3 months. As per Gyno no internal infection or discharge is there. I'm treated for Vagi ov tablet & Onabet cream for 2 months then UTI infection detected in culture after this I used Nifast tablet for UTI infection about 10 days. Now my culture is sterile aerobically at 37 C. But I'm still feeling itching in vagina lip opening. Pls suggest how can I get rid from this itching. I'm continue using Onabet for this infection. We both couple treated for itrazee antibiotic for 10 days.
ज्वार के फ़ायदे और औषधीय गुण
ज्वार एक मोटा अनाज है। ज्वार का रंग पीला, भूरा लाल व सफेद होता है। ज्वार कई सारे पोषक तत्व और फ़ाइबर से भरपूर होता है। इसीलिए इसके सेवन से वज़न घटाने में बहुत मदद मिलती है। अधिकतर लोग ज्वार को पीसकर उसका आटा बनवाते हैं। ज्वार का आटा प्रोटीन का एक अच्छा स्रोत है। जो हृदय और मधुमेह रोगियों के लिए फ़ायदेमंद है। ज्वार के फ़ायदे बवासीर और घावों को भरने में भी कारगर हैं। गर्मियों में इसका सेवन शीतलता प्रदान करता है। तो ज्वार और ज्वार की रोटी को अपने भोजन में ज़रूर शामिल करें।
ज्वार के फ़ायदे
1. पोषक तत्व
ज्वार में मिनरल, प्रोटीन, फ़ाइबर, पोटैशियम, फास्फोरस, कैल्शियम, आयरन और विटमिन बी कॉम्प्लेक्स जैसे कई पोषक तत्व पाए जाते हैं।
2. दांतों की ख़ास देखभाल के लिए
दांतों की ख़ास देखभाल के लिए ज्वार के दानों का राख बनाकर मंजन करें। इस मंजन को करने से दांत का दर्द बंद हो जाता है तथा मसूढ़ों की सूजन भी समाप्त हो जाती है।
3. वज़न घटाने में मदद करें
ज्वार में बहुत सारा फ़ाइबर पाया जाता है। इसलिए इसे अपने भोजन में ज़रूर शामिल करें। इसे खाने से आपका वज़न नही बढ़ता है और आप मोटापे से भी बचे रहते हैं।
4. कब्ज़ को दूर करें
अगर आपको कब्ज़ की समस्या है तो आज से ही आप अपने खाने में ज्वार की रोटी को शामिल करें। इसे खाने से आपको कब्ज़ की समस्या से निजात मिलता है।
5. शरीर की जलन को दूर करें
अगर शरीर में जलन हो रही हो तो ज्वार का आटा पानी में घोल लें और फिर इस घोल का लेप शरीर पर लगा लें। इससे जलन धीरे धीरे कम हो जाती है।
6. कील व मुहांसों को दूर करें
अक्सर लोग कील मुहांसों को लेकर बहुत परेशान हो जाते हैं। क्योंकि कील मुहांसों के कारण ख़ूबसूरती भी कुछ फ़ीकी पड़ जाती है। तो कील मुहांसों को दूर करने के लिए इस घरेलू उपाय को ज़रूर करें।
घरेलू उपाय – ज्वार के कच्चे दाने पीसकर उसमें थोड़ा कत्था व चूना मिलाकर कील व मुहांसों पर लगाए, इससे कील मुहांसे गायब हो जाएंगे।
7. पेट की जलन शांत करें
भुनी ज्वार बताशे के साथ खाने से पेट की जलन शांत हो जाती है।
8. मासिक धर्म के विकार को दूर करें
मासिक धर्म के दर्द या कोई अन्य समस्याओं में ज्वार के फ़ायदे होते हैं। ज्वार के भुट्टे को जलाकर छान लें। इस राख को 3 ग्राम मात्रा में लेकर पानी के साथ सुबह के समय खाली पेट सेवन करें। इस उपाय को मासिक-धर्म शुरू होने से लगभग एक सप्ताह पहले करें और जब मासिक-धर्म शुरू हो जाए तो इसका सेवन बन्द कर दें। इससे मासिक धर्म के सभी विकार नष्ट हो जाते हैं।
9. प्यास अधिक लगने पर
अगर प्यास अधिक सताए तो गरमागरम ज्वार की रोटी बनाएं और इस रोटी को छाछ में भिगोकर खाने से प्यास कम लगती है।
ज्वार की रोटी कमज़ोर और वात पित्त के रोगी को न दें और अगर ज्वार की रोटी थोड़ी खाने को दे तो ज्वार के संग गुलकन्द मिलाकर दें। गुलकंद मिलाकर ज्वार की रोटी का सेवन करने से ज्वार के दोष दूर हो जाते हैं।
What is stress?
There are situations in life when a person is required to perform beyond his/her normal capacity, or situations when some expectations are not met. This creates anxiety, fear and anger. This is a situation where a person feels inadequate, under-confident and experiences loss of control. This affects a person's physical and mental wellbeing. This feeling of fear, anxiety, restlessness is commonly known as "tension or stress".
Symptoms of Stress :
- Anger and Aggression: While under stress a person starts doubting his/her own capacity and efficiency because he/she feels inadequate or incapable of performing certain tasks. This creates a lot of anger or frustration and sometime, may result into aggressive behaviour.
- Irritability: Under stress people get irritated for no reason. There is loss of patience, loss of sense of humour.
- Sleep Disorders: A person under stress may not be able to sleep at all or in some cases sleep excessively.
- Eating Disorders: A person under stress may lose appetite or in some cases, tend to overeat resulting in harmful effects on body.
- Anxiety: Stress may cause a lot of anxiety and restlessness. The person under stress may not to able to concentrate and unable to focus on any activity, making things more complicated.
- Depression: In a few cases a person under a lot of stress may go into depression.
- High BP: Body and mind are closely connected. Hence stress in mind creates stress in the body and under stress, blood pressure may rise.
- High Sugar Level: Stress may increase the blood sugar levels.
- Headache or Unexplained Body Pains: Stress may cause headache or body aches in different parts of the body, without any physical reason for it.
Sometimes, there may not be any symptoms for stress but the trauma manifests in the form to heart attack, Stroke etc.
What causes stress ?
- Relationship Issues - Conflicts in relationships is a major cause of stress.
- Life style - Working for long hours, sedentary life style, unhealthy food habits, along with insatiable urge for money causes a lot of stress.
- High expectations from oneself and from others - The peer pressure, the pressure of constant deadlines builds up a huge stress. When a person has very high expectations from himself/herself without corresponding efforts, there is a fear of failure which causes lot of tension. At the same time, having unrealistic expectations from others also is a definite reason for disappointments, resulting in stress.
- Physical and Emotional Abuse - When a person is physically or emotionally abused and unable to defend himself/herself for various reasons, it causes frustration. This results in anger and stress.
- Competition - Unhealthy competitions with others create a feeling of inadequency and result in lower self esteem and sadness, thereby causing stress.
- Health Issues - Chronic and serious health issues cause lot of tension.
- Suppressed Emotions - Lack of freedom to express own emotions and feelings, amounts to stress.
- Lack of Assertiveness - Inability to say "No", when wanting to say so, inability to fight for one's own rights, causes tension and anger.
- Boredom - Lack of creative/interesting occupation may cause stress especially in old people or people with physical disabilities.
- Low self esteem, feeling hopeless and helpless - If a person has low self esteem and does not value oneself, it causes lots of negativity and stress.
Why stress management is important?
Body and mind affect each other's functioning. When the mind is stressed out, it gets reflected in the body in the form of high blood pressure, high sugar levels, indigestion, acidity, heartburn, ulcers, skin rashes, headache, nausea, cancer, eating disorders, psychosomatic pains etc. It may trigger asthma, migraine etc.
Because of these harmful effects of stress, the body's capacity to function reduces. At times, it may cause serious threat to one's life. Hence, it is very important to learn to relieve and also to manage stress, in order to have a long and healthy life.
There are a number of ways to relieve stress:
- Sleep, take rest, relax.
- Take a break from daily routine, do something different, take a short vacation.
- Go for a walk/jog/run/cycling. Practice Yoga, meditation, deep muscle relaxation, etc.
- Spend time with friends and family.
- Play with children.
- Spend time with pets.
- Pursue a hobby like reading, gardening, painting, music, dance, singing, cooking, etc.
- Recreation - Watch a movie, play, picnic, go for a drive or shopping.
- Pamper yourself with beauty treatments, massage, or your favourite food/drinks.
How to manage Stress?
Stress is inevitable part of life now. Right from a kid going to Pre-Nursery school to senior citizens staying alone at homes and having severe health problems; all are under lot of stress. No one can avoid stress. But there are certain ways to manage your stress-
- Self-awareness. Learn more about your own self. Understand what induces stress in you, what tasks are difficult for you, what situations are difficult for you and then try to figure out the reasons why it is so. Try to resolve or modify your thoughts and attitude.
- Identify stressors and explore options. Once you identify what is causing your stress, try to find more options to resolve your issues.
- Reasonable Expectations and Feasible Goals. Have reasonable expectations from yourself and from others. Have goals which are possible for you to achieve.
- Learn assertive techniques. Learn to express your feelings, learn to fight for your own rights, understand and respect other's rights.
Try to minimise stress in life and lead a happy healthy life.
Masturbation While Married: Male-Female Differences
Married people - or people in committed, long-term relationships - tend to have more partner-based sex than people not in such a relationship, according to a number of surveys and reports. But that does not mean that masturbation goes out the window when a person gets married. Since masturbation plays a role in maintaining penis health (and vaginal health as well), that's a good thing. But do married men and women view masturbation the same way? A recent study suggests they do not.
Coming to terms
For the purposes of this article, "married" is going to refer to a couple which is in a long-term, committed relationship, even if they are not officially married. And "masturbation" will refer to the act of engaging in self-stimulation of a person's own genitals in a private setting. (In other words, mutual masturbation, which might be considered as part of partner-based sex, will not be counted as masturbation.)
Most of the information in this piece is drawn from a recent study published by the Archives of Sexual Behavior and entitled "Masturbation and Partnered Sex: Substitutes or Complements?" This study was conducted by doctors at the University of Texas at Austin and Brigham Young University. It has a large sample size - 7648 men and 8090 women, all from the United States. As the scientists state in their summary, "we explored the association between sexual frequency and masturbation, evaluating the evidence for whether masturbation compensates for unavailable sex, complements (or augments) existing paired sexual activity, or bears little association with it."
In other words, they wanted to look at whether people in a relationship who had more or less sex were more or less likely to masturbate, and what might be the reason for the masturbation.
Not surprisingly, men reported masturbating more frequently than did women (a reflection of reports from other studies on the frequency of masturbation reported by the genders). But sexual contentment seemed to play a strong role in a person's masturbatory frequency.
For example, 79% of sexually discontented men who had not had sex recently reported that they masturbated. But 60% of sexually discontented men who had had sex four or more times recently also reported masturbating. Men who were sexually content (which was only 42% of the sample) reported significantly less masturbation - even if they had NOT had sex recently.
Interestingly, women were who sexually content (57%) and had had sex 4 or more times recently were more likely to masturbate than the sexually content women who had NOT had sex - 33% vs. 21%.
One theory that this data suggests is that married men often masturbate to make up for the fact that they are discontented sexually, whereas women who are sexually content may masturbate more as a way of complementing their sexual satisfaction.
The fact that only a minority of married men report sexual satisfaction seems significant, and it's worth exploring what causes that discontent. Is it the quality of the sex, the frequency, or some other factor(s)?
None of this is to say that masturbation among married people is necessarily negative. Many individuals in a relationship masturbate quite happily and contentedly. But there is clearly more to learn about this aspect of married life.
Whether married or single, masturbation is usually a big part of a man's life, and he will masturbate more happily if his penis is in prime health. Regular application of a superior penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) helps maintain that health. Since masturbation-based friction often causes some raw skin damage, using a crème that can rehydrate the penis skin. For this purpose, a crème with both a natural moisturizer (such as vitamin E) and a high-end emollient (such as Shea butter) is required. Ideally, the crème should also include L-carnitine. Frequent penile use often leads to a loss of sensation due to peripheral nerve damage, and L-carnitine is an effective agent to help with this issue.
After my monthly period from 5th day my feet having too much pain can you tell me why I am facing this problem.
Hi im 28 years old n my wife is 21 last years we got married n now we are trying to conceive she is suffering frm anovulation n having siphene 150 mg from 2nd day of mc to 5th day plzzz help.
HIV is a systemic disease which affects all parts of the body. The oral cavity also has some tell-tale symptoms which indicate HIV / AIDS. A careful examination and detailed history of symptoms is essential. In some cases, the oral manifestations could be the area where HIV is suspected. This can help in reducing morbidity and improves prognosis. The oral lesions that occur in HIV patients can vary and differ significantly in children and adults. While there are a variety of oral lesions in HIV-infected individuals, listed below are some common infections seen in HIV patients. These are a combination of fungal, viral and bacterial infections.
- Candidiasis: Candida is an opportunistic fungus that is normally present in the oral cavity and with reduced immunity of HIV, recurrent bouts of the infection begins to show up. It can be in the form of regular thrush which is whitish and cannot be scraped off (pseudomembranous candidiasis), hyperplastic candidiasis (white patches which can be scraped off) or erythematous (reddish patches). Candida can involve any part of the oral mucosa including the pharynx and the palate.
- Herpes Simplex: This is the most common viral infection seen in patients with HIV/AIDS. There could be primary or secondary infection of herpes virus, especially inside the mouth and the vermillion border of the lips.
- Herpes zoster: This virus, when already present in the body, can be reactivated with HIV/AIDS and with oral herpes. The distinction with herpes simplex is from their distribution. These are unilateral, along the distribution of the maxillary or mandibular nerve. The lesions appear both on the facial skin and the oral mucosa. While the facial ones break open and form crusts, the mucosal ones coalesce to form larger lesions.
- Hairy Leukoplakia: This is present in about 20% of asymptomatic HIV patients. Onset of hairy leukoplakia is an indication of rapid progression of HIV with increased CD4 counts. The typical lesion is a non-movable, hairy lesion along the side of the tongue and can spread to the top and the undersurface of the tongue. There are large amounts of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) identified from biopsies of hairy leukoplakia.
- Cytomegalovirus: If the ulcers have a necrotic base with a halo surrounding it, it is CMV infection, usually seen on any oral mucosal surface.
- Periodontal disease: This is one of the bacterial infections that manifests itself in HIV patients. It can take two forms such as Linear Gingival Erythema (LGE) which can subsequently lead to Necrotizing Ulcerative Periodontitis (NUP). The oral hygiene is generally good with minimal plaque and there is rapid bone loss and soft tissue reddening and swelling. The, mouth, therefore is certainly a window to one’s health.
Diagnosing HIV with Western Blot Test-
It is a series of blood screenings are performed to test for HIV. The enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), also known as an enzyme immunoassay (EIA), is the first test that your healthcare provider will order to screen for HIV. ELISA, like the Western blot test, detects HIV antibodies in your blood. Antibodies are proteins your immune system produces in response to the presence of foreign substances, such as viruses. If you test positive for HIV on the ELISA test, your provider will order the Western blot test to confirm HIV infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.