Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Anant KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi, my nephew is 12 years old. He is suffering of urine infection. Due to this causes he is suffering from fever since 10 days. please advise how to cure and am very worried about him.
Sir I am suffering from uti above ten day now I am cure but at first morning urinate I am troubled and day I will normally urinate what is the problem regarding sir help me.
If a person is suffering from prostate enlarge and person's age is 43 then how it can be treated or how this problem is solved.
Stones in the urinary system are referred as 'Renal Calculi'. These kidney stones are not exactly stones, but are actually hard deposits of minerals that can form anywhere within the urinary tract - kidney or the bladder. There are many conventional forms of treatment available to eradicate a stone, but Homeopathy medicines offer a much more simpler and efficient way in taking care of the kidney stones. Let us have a look at how effective these are.
Kidney stones are known to form when the urine becomes too concentrated. The primary reason for such condition could be dehydration. Kidney stones are extremely painful. Pain can be felt in the lower back or, the lower abdomen. There can be a heaviness in the urinary tract often followed by bleeding. It also changes the color of the urine to a pinkish brown. The patient may also experience nausea and vomiting.?
What causes kidney stones?
As stated earlier, lack of water can be a major reason for the formation of stones. The chances of kidney stone reoccurring in a person multiplies several times if a person is not in the habit of drinking water. There are also a few food products that are high in salt that may help in the formation of stones. In conventional medications, there is no foolproof method to dissolve the stone and it often involves surgery. The operation has to be followed by months of post-operative recuperation that can be physically daunting for the patient. Also, there are chances that the stones can reoccur at any point in time. This is where homeopathy differs drastically from the conventional methods.
How does homeopathy help in renal calculi?
The biggest advantage of using homeopathy is that it treats the body as the whole. The physician would understand the patient first before imparting the treatment. The latter’s lifestyle, his food habits and his stress factors are discussed in detail to get the complete picture of the type of medications to give. The other biggest advantage of using homeopathy is that there is no surgery involved. They treat the symptoms by naturally dissolving the stones, and the chances of reoccurrence are next to nil. There are several homeopathic medicines for different types of stones. There are even differing types of medicinal products for left side kidney stone, and right side one. A type of medicine - Canthari, is widely used for treating kidney stones with a burning sensation. The homeopathy physician would be in a better position to diagnose once the causes are identified. However, care should be taken that the medicines should be taken only in the prescribed format and as per the guidance of the physician.
Homeopathy is safe
Of all the important functionalities of homeopathy, the biggest is undoubtedly that it does not cause any side effects and are very effective. Since it treats the condition and symptoms from within, the chances of getting a stone in the urinary tracts are minuscule when using homeopathy medicine.
I am 61 years old male. I have prostrate and had been taking" tab Alfoo 10" mg for the last eight years. Whenever some pressure is applied on the lower abdomen, especially during defecation, there is ejaculation. There is ED problem also. Kindly advise me in the matter.
I am 61 years old. For the last 2-3 months I am facing problem while try to pass urine. Urine flow gets blocked in between. Is it for prostrate enlargement? please advice.
I mom has count of 320 in urine protein. Need help for further move. Mom has sugar and BP and having medicines for past 10 years.
The primary function of the kidney is to filter the blood and eliminate the waste products through urine. The waste deposition is sometimes in the form of excessive calcium, uric acid and other undesirable contents. It may cause the urine to get highly saturated. This is when stone-like formations take place inside the kidneys. Kidney stones are also termed renal lithiasis or calculi. There are different kinds of kidney stones, which are differentiated based on its varied constituents. Kidney stones cause excruciating pain and uneasiness. Frequent urination, extreme discomfort during urinating and presence of blood in the urine are some of the major signs of kidney stones. The symptoms are not evident if the stones are very small in size.
Causes of kidney stones:
- Incorrect calcium intake: High amounts of calcium can lead to high calcium depositions in the kidneys. It is important to keep the calcium intake moderate. Calcium supplements must be checked if you have already included dairy products in your diet.
- Abnormal rates of sodium in the body: Sodium, just like calcium, gets deposited in the kidneys.
- Excessive animal protein intake: Too much of animal protein intake can make the urine turn acidic, leading to uric acid depositions in the kidneys.
- Sugary, aerated drinks: These lead to undesirable waste deposition in the blood stream and eventually in the kidneys.
- Inadequate water intake: Not keeping the body well hydrated can cause the urine to turn acidic and increase waste deposition.
Potential risks and complications of kidney stones:
- Kidney stones may cause an infection in the kidneys which may eventually spread to the other internal organs and surrounding tissues.
- Kidney stones block the ureter and cause severe pain and discomfort that make sitting, standing or any other posture difficult.
- Kidney stones rarely cause kidney failures but the severe blockage and infection may cause such detrimental results in the human body.
Treatment for Kidney stones varies depending on the size and type of the stone or the symptoms caused by it. In case of small stones, medication and simple changes in lifestyle can be enough to treat it, but surgeries and extensive treatments are required if symptoms are severe. Following are treatment options for kidney stones:
Small stones with minimal symptoms:
- Drinking water: Drinking around 3 liters of water a day will regulate your urinary system and can effectively eliminate small stones. Unless your doctor advices otherwise, drinking ample amount of fluids, usually water, is one of the commonest way to get rid of small kidney stones.
- Pain relievers: There might be a considerable amount of pain and discomfort associated with passing the stone through urine. Your doctor may recommend pain killers like Ibuprofen, Naproxen sodium or acetaminophen.
- Medical therapy: In order to eliminate the kidney stone, your doctor may administer medical therapy. Medication like alpha blocker helps in passing the kidney stone with least pain and more quickly. It relaxes the muscles in the ureter and makes the process relatively easy.
Large stones with severe symptoms:
- Using sound waves to break up stones: In this technique, a procedure called Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL), is employed. ESWL uses the help of sound waves to create vibrations which breaks the stones in smaller pieces. This procedure takes about an hour and can cause mild pain and discomfort. Your doctor may administer sedatives to reduce your sensitivity. ESWL has side effects like blood in urine or bruising in the abdomen.
- Surgical removal of kidney stones: Surgical removal of stones is done with the help of a procedure called nephrolithotomy. It uses small telescopes and other instruments which are inserted in your back through a small incision. It is generally done in case of large stones and when ESWL fails.
- Ureteric Calculi (Using a scope to remove stones): A thin illuminated tube called ureteroscope is used to remove a comparatively smaller stone in the kidney or ureter. The ureteroscope is equipped with a tiny camera which determines the location of the stone which is then broken into pieces with the help of other instruments. It may require general or regional anesthesia.