Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anant GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from Pulmonary embolism in between heart and lungs and deep veins thrombosis in my leg. (PE-DVT) I am on blood thinner Pradaxa and homochek. Why diet am I supposed to take? Any restrictions? And should I eat less oily and fried products and all other products which increases cholesterol? Please advice. Thank-you. :)
I am suffering from fever and cough for last two weeks. I took medicines but it can't work. Please suggest me proper medicine.
Hello, I am 25 years old. I am a smoker. I am suffering from cough now and what is unusual is my cough contains black dots in it or we can say balgum coz this is that yellow colour cough which normally people get and same is there with me but it contains black dots. Please help.
I am asthma patient from last 8 years. I am having Seroflo 250 rotacaps twice a day and odimont lc 10 mg once a day. Please suggest me the specific tablet or expectorant which I can use for lifetime. I hate rotacaps and inhalers. Can you please help me with this ?
I am 27 years old. I am virgin. But I did had a sexual encounter with a hooker recently. She gave me a hand job and I sucked her boobs. I don't think she was lactating as I couldn't taste anything. I also stroked her vagina with my hand. But I don't think I re applied it on my penis or mouth. We didn't have intercourse. Now, 2 days after the incident, I am having sore throat, feeling fatigued. Have mildly runny nose and have been sneezing a little bit. Could I be infected with HIV or is it just some other allergy or common cold?
I feel very weak for last 3-4 days due to influenza sometimes there is difficulty in breathing. What should I do.
Ayurveda is effective because it treats the root of the problem in order to treat it. According to this ancient system of medicine, bronchitis, which is infection of the windpipe, is known as ‘kasa roga’. According to Ayurveda, bronchitis happens primarily due to impaired digestion. This is the reason why Ayurveda treats bronchitis through drugs that have the ability to treat both the lungs and the digestive system. Chronic bronchitis is also caused due to airborne allergens like cigarette smoke and pollution.
The main symptom of bronchitis is chronic inflammation of the bronchial tubes or the windpipes that carry air to the lungs. This infection causes profuse secretion of phlegm. Other notable symptoms are chest pain, chronic cough, fever, poor digestion and loss of appetite, and shortness of breath. Children, senior citizens and those with an impaired immune system are extremely prone to bronchitis. If left untreated for long, bronchitis can manifest as tuberculosis. Another disease bronchitis can mutate into is bronchial asthma.
- Haldi or turmeric, commonly used Ayurvedic spices in the world, is the most common home remedy for bronchitis. One can take a teaspoonful of haldi mixed in a glass of milk in the night for relief. Haldi is more effective if taken on an empty stomach.
- The juice of vasa is also an excellent remedy for bronchitis. One can take it twice or thrice daily.
- Ginger juice and honey mixed in a cup of warm water is also good for easy expectoration of phlegm.
- One can also mix equal quantities of dried ginger, black pepper and long pepper with honey and take a teaspoonful thrice every day.
- Tulsi or holy basil is a great cure for bronchitis. Water boiled with tulsi leaves brings instant relief to a sore throat. One can use this water for gargling too.
- In case of a congested throat ‘khadiradi vati’ gives effective relief, due to catechu that helps relieve congestion.
Shringyadi churna, kaphaketu, kaphachintamani, sitopaladi churna, pravala pisthi, rasa sindur, talisadi churna, haridra khand and vasarishta are a few effective Ayurvedic medicines for bronchitis.
- Protection from cold is key. Cold water and winds should be avoided. Use warm water for bathing, wear warm clothes and avoid excess humidity, dust and allergic pollen. Heavy physical exercises should also be avoided.
- Stay away from cold foods like curd and sour substances, fruits like bananas and guavas, and from alcohol and tobacco.
- Also, one should eat foods that are easy to digest. Lots of leafy vegetables will give one the vitamins and mineral required to fight bronchitis.
- One can also opt for Ayurvedic therapies like Vamana and Virechana to treat bronchitis. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.