Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anand ChawlaYour feedback matters!
Sir, jaha se teeth ko nikala hai waha kabi kabi bahut jyada pain hota hai or aas pass pura masuda red color ka ho gya hai isi type ka infection right side mai pure mouth mai fail raha hai, doctor ko dikhane se usne antibiotic medicine de hai (cefubak-cv-625) or ek pain ki medicine hai 5/5/2016 ko warm saline kinse karvani hai. Jo teeth nikalvaya tha us ka, koi acha mouth wash bhi btana sir maine vo teeth 29/04/2016 ko nikalvaya tha or jo Ulcer (soft tissue) abi same hai ki kam nahi hua hai aur us mai koi pain bi nahi hai.
I have yellow teeth, I need to clean my teeth and I want white teeth please tell me remedies to cure it?
Parotid gland swelling very small with very slight pain and pricking sensation. Already has once which was visible but treated with antibiotics. Occasionally smoking.
Please let me know the medicines for cyst in wisdom tooth gum. I am having pain and swelling also bad smelling mouth. Please advice me medicines.
I have problem with mouth ulcer, frequently it will come and affect 2,3 weeks I am afraid this will go any major problem Pls advice how will treat, where will consult.
My mouth become dry when I am tense and and my hard beats increases so what is the reason behind it and it can overcome.
An obvious gap between the teeth may be caused due to a condition known as Diastema. This usually manifests as space between two teeth. This condition is caused due to a mismatch between the size of the bones in the jaw and the size of the teeth. This in turn, gives rise to extra space between the two teeth and may also lead to overcrowding of teeth in the mouth. The space usually occurs when the teeth are too small and the jaw is larger. Also, an oversized tissue known as the labial frenum can cause a gap between two teeth. Let us look at the ways in which this condition can be prevented and treated.
1. Prevention: Not pushing your tongue between the teeth during the teeth growing stage can ensure that this condition does not occur. Children tend to rub their tongue along the jawline when the teeth are growing, whether it is the milk teeth or the permanent ones. This can cause a gap. Also, maintaining good oral health and hygiene can help in preventing this condition. One must brush at least twice a day and floss regularly too, in order to ensure that the gap between the two teeth does not widen.
2. Orthodontic Treatment: Braces are one of the most common ways of fixing this problem. The orthodontic surgeon will usually install these braces, which will remain in the mouth of the patient for a year or more, depending on the severity of the condition. On a monthly basis, the braces will need to be tightened so that the jaw can facilitate the movement of the teeth to close the gap.
3. Tooth Extraction: In many cases, when the braces are installed, the doctor may also have to remove or extract teeth on the sides to make space for the teeth and their movement. This is usually done when there is a related ailment like overcrowding of the teeth.
4. Crowns and other Dental Installations: Crowns, veneers as well as bonding can help in cases where the lateral incisors may be smaller than what is normal. Also, dental implants or a bridge or even a partial denture may be required in cases where extensive dentistry will be called for.
5. Frenectomy: This surgery can help in closing the gap formed by a large labial frenum.
6. Gum Health: In case there is an infection or any other problem in the gums due to implants or braces, the gum health will have to treated and restored first and then the implants or braces can be reinstalled.
One should also wear retainers for a while after the gap has closed so that it does not appear again.