Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
I have cyst problem from last February. Till now i am not getting regular periods. I am taking treatment. Suggest me to get regular periods. My age is 23 years and height is 5.0 and weight is 78 kg. Now i am married for last 6 months I want to conceive so suggest me. What should I do to get pregnant?
Hii doc, my blood group is A -Ve and my husband blood group is A +Ve. So I just want to know is there any issues in our life regarding baby because I heard many things related to that n lots of questions in my mind so pls suggest me something what to do. Can we conceive with this condition.
Hello, I have vaginal itching problem probably because of change of soap Can I apply clotrimazole. Please guide me.
I am a married women. I dont have any children yet. Now it's only 2 years after marriage. I have eaten i pill two times. Is this is the reason for not conceiving. Now I heard some people who used I pill cannot conceive and some others have cervical cancer and cancer in uterus. Did I need to check for cancer? If so which tests are to be done immediately? Which tests I have to be done for clarifying that I have any problem in conceiving?
I am married. I have back pain, stomach pain, slight fever, and also coming white powder like liquid from vagina. What is happens to me?
There are two types of bile ducts in the body:
1. Intrahepatic ducts: these ducts are small tube like structures that carry the bile to extrahepatic ducts
2. Extrahepatic ducts: extrahepatic ducts are two ducts that descend from the liver into the body's small intestine
The bile comprises of waste products, bile salts and cholesterol. The liver secretes bile which flows through the bile ducts and is stored in the gallbladder. If the bile ducts are blocked then the bile accumulates in the liver and can lead to jaundice.
Certain causes of this particular condition are mentioned below:
1. Bile duct obstruction may result from gallstones
2. If you have inflammation in your bile ducts
3. Narrowing of the bile ducts
4. Enlargement of the lymph nodes
5. Bile duct tumors
6. Tumors in the pancreas
7. Various infections such as hepatitis
8. Liver complications such as cirrhosis
9. Various parasites may lead to bile obstruction
10. Inflammation of the pancreas
11. If you have weak immune systems, then it may lead to infections that may result in bile duct obstructions
The symptoms are:
1. You may experience yellowish skin
2. You may have symptoms of fever and vomiting
3. Abdominal pain especially in the upper part
4. Stools may be light colored
5. You may pass urine that is dark in color
The various treatment options for obstruction of the bile duct are surgeries that remove the blockage. Other treatment options are an ercp (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) and a cholecystectomy which is the process of removal of the gallbladder. Ercp is another procedure that is used to get rid of gallstones from the gallbladder. You may prevent it by consuming a lot of fiber in your diet. Make lifestyle changes such as exercising on a regular basis and eating healthy.
I had unsafe sex n next day I had an ipill. Next month my periods were 5 days early. I feel cramps and today I saw blood comings from my vagina while doing toilet. I am also facing mood swing. I am very tensed What should I do? Am I pregnant?
I am 32-years weight is 64 kgs height is 5 ft 2" I am trying to conceive and so wants to focus on my diet and overall requirement of all necessary things such as calcium, folic acid, protein,carbohydrates etc. Please suggest a proper diet chart to fulfill all. I am vegetarian.
My wife is 25 years old. She is pregnant. Now 8th month start. Albumin and pus cell present in report, hb 8.2. Now what care?
Hi, my wife has TB she is in under medication since 1 month by the time she feels today she may be pregnant. Please advise.
Sir my last cycle was got over on 29th sep and on 6 oct I had sex I took i-pill within 1 hr of it. On 12 oct I was bleeding. Nd The bleed is heavy and I am having pain in stomach. I am pregnant? Or just side effect. I took pregnancy home test it came negative. Sir is this my new cycle? And For how many days the pain and bleed will be there please help Me.
In the current season, dengue is not the only cause of decrease in platelet counts. Other causes like malaria, other viral infections, Vitamin B12 and folate defiiency etc can also cause reduction in platelet counts. That said, dengue patients may also clinically present without any decrease in platelet counts.
It is well-known that thrombocytopenia ( reduction in platelet counts) is one of the critical parameters in patient management. Therefore, it is very important that laboratories assess platelet counts with utmost accuracy. The normal range of platelet count in a healthy adult individual is 150000 - 400000/μL. Babies and children have different reference ranges.compared to adults Therefore please check on the lab report for normal age wize reference range. A count of 1.5 lacs would be considered as normal in adults but would qualify as decreased count in a child.
Platelets can be counted either on automated machines( automated method) or on manual blood smear by pathologist.(manual method).
Generally hospitals and laboratories measure platelet counts on automated hematology analyzers- as .these are simple to use and give fast results.However, they suffer from a very big disadvantage. This disadvantage is based on the principle on which these machines work.The machines are programmed in such a manner that any blood particle falling within a predermined size range is counted as platelet and above this range is counted as red cell(RBC – which contains hemoglobin and is responsible for red colour of blood).Although this concept works well in majority of cases, but machine readings are seldom reliable , especially when platelet counts are below 30,000/ cmm. Giant platelets will be counted as RBCs and the machine will give a factitiously low reading of platelets. - Again , if the sample has not been properly mixed at the time of collection, platelets will stick and form clumps. Again the size of these clumps will be more than that of individual platelets and machine will count these as RBCs , thus give a falsely low platelet count. Also, if the sample is collected in a periphery and takes a lot of time to reach the main lab , by this time the platelets would have swelled up due to presence of additives in the blood tube, and not be counted in platelets.but as RBCs instead. (due to size factor)
So what is the solution, ?
All such cases, where platelets are reported low on analyzers, must be screened on peripheral smear by pathologist. Only on looking at the peripheral smear , will the pathologist be able to confirm whether the platelet counts are actually low or not.
Summary : The analyzer is reliable in majority of cases . However, for all cases with low platelets, manual screening by a pathologist is must for confirmation and to avoid unnecessary panic and unrequired platelet transfusions.
My wife had Cesarean, her is inverted nipple, baby can't suck milk, We used breast pump, but milk not coming. Sometimes will get about 30 to 40 ml, which food should she eat to increase milk.
Hi doctors. I have a doubt. What is the day duration of having intercourse for pregnancy. From which day till which day after periods we need to have intercourse.
How to avoid daytime sleepiness
A lot of people, irrespective of whether they go out to work, to college or stay at home, feel sleepy during the day. Some out of fatigue, some because of having a heavy lunch and some others because they do not get a good night?s sleep. Whatever be the reason, a few exercises and some discipline can help you get rid of such sleep cravings.
Few ways to avoid daytime sleepiness are:
1. Set a routine: Try to go to sleep and wake up at about the same time every day. This resets your circadian rhythm and helps developing your sleeping pattern.
2. At least 30 minutes of workout is important for every individual. Go for walks, go to the gym, take up yoga or aerobics - regardless of the kind of exercise you are doing. When the body gets exercise, so does the brain and you are refreshed to take on the rest of the day.
3. Go to bed gadget free: Keep your books, mobile, tab, laptop and TV remote away from the bed. Stay calm and do not have heated conversations. Your nerves need calm down as you to sleep.
4. Get enough sleep: Ensure you sleep enough every night so that it doesn?t ruin your day. Night time sleep is important and adults need seven to nine hours of sleep.
5. Set consistent, healthy mealtimes: Regular mealtimes, eating a healthy breakfast and lunch on time prevents energy deficits during the day that will help you get rid of daytime sleepiness
6. Avoid alcohol: Having alcohol in high amount may hamper your regular sleeping pattern and you may be sleepy the whole day.
7.Avoid Self-Medication: Avoid taking sleeping pills or over the counter the drugs. There are different kinds of drugs available in the market. Some may make you sleepy the whole day due to hangover effect of the drug.
8. Consult a Physician or a sleep specialist.