Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anamika KawatraYour feedback matters!
I'm a virgin and girlfriend is also a virgin we both are planning to have sex since we are dating from a long time. How should we go about? Should I use condoms or contraceptive pills? When is the best time to have unprotected sex after her periods or before?
I am 36 yrs old women I have my monthly period for 2 or 3 days Pls is it safe or pls suggest me medicines to it.
Excess of anything is never healthy and the same applies in the case of alcohol. Alcohol experts have come to a conclusion that drinking too much alcohol reduces affects negatively in both the genders.
Alcohol Myth Busted
Since time immemorial, people have considered alcohol to be an aphrodisiac. However, this myth has been busted time and again by the side effects of excessive alcohol. On the contrary, alcohol is known to induce depression after consumption.
Alcohol, if consumed in unnatural quantity over a period of time can turn conditions like 'brewer's droop', which otherwise might be temporary into permanent impotence. Alcohol addiction is a cardinal sin for couples planning on having a baby. Women, whose bodies are much more sensitive and complex than a man's body, react greatly to even a small quantity of alcohol. Even government's guidelines on low-risk alcohol consumption unit do not guarantee no harm, and people are known to have taken much longer time to get pregnant and irregularity in their menstrual cycles even after abiding by the government's guidelines.
What Is Moderation?
No one is asking you to completely cut down on alcohol. But moderation should then be a religion for all the drinkers. Moderate drinking includes no more than 2 drinks per day (US. Centre for Disease Control and Prevention). The explanation is that your liver can act on alcohol at one standard size drink an hour, so heavy drinking means that too much alcohol for the liver to handle and hence unhealthy toxins are released in the body having an adverse effect on the sex life.
Some of the more common problems caused by alcohol in a couple's sex life are:
- Long-term erectile dysfunction: The most common of all the problems, erectile dysfunction can most commonly be attributed to heavy drinking. 60% of men who are alcohol addicts are known to be suffering from loss of sexual appetite.
- Ruined Families and relationships: Alcohol can be considered one of the biggest inducers of divorce among couples. It makes people less caring and more and more involved in their drinking antics. 90% of domestic violence incidents include alcohol.
- Side effects of smoking: Drinking is usually accompanied by cigarettes and a cocktail of these two substances can be a deadly weapon against your sanity. For men below 40, erectile dysfunction primarily happens because of excessive smoking.
- STDs: Alcohol consumption helps people shed their inhibition and cases of unprotected sex increases. It increases your chances of actually getting an STD. 50% of all impromptu sexual encounters happen in the presence of alcohol and 60% STD spread when alcohol is also in the picture. Young adults who consume alcohol at an alarming rate are 7 times more likely to indulge in unprotected sexual intercourse.
Hence, we see that alcohol addiction does not compliment healthy sex life and therefore people must toe in line at the right time to ensure the wellbeing of their lifestyle and sexual activities.
Hi Madam, I was gone through 3lscs with sterilisation. My doctor has advised me to take ovral tab for 3 months. This is the first month after completed tab I didn't get my periods this is the 4th day after completing tab. Only one day I forgot to put the tablet, after that I am using regularly. There is a chance to become pregnant. I feel drowsy and vomiting.
Why headache occurs during initial months of pregnancy? Is it a big concern or not? My wife is three months pregnant and having headache in the evening time. Is it a big concern?
Hi sir i am 24 years married. I was 5 weeks pregnancy. And I took abortion pill. I had bleeding for 7 days continuously. So my question is still pregnancy will remain or is abortion procedure is successful? Pls answer me.
I am 19 years old and my weight is 49 my height is 5'2" my breast are oversized. please suggest me some exercise and pranayam, diet to overcome this problem. It feels really awkward. Please help me
Menstrual cramps are a common occurrence in women who are of childbearing age. The pain is mostly felt in the back or lower abdomen. Menstruation is unavoidable and natural, but the cramps associated with it can disrupt your normal lifestyle. You find it hard to focus and concentrate on your work, among other things. Fortunately, there are ways to counter your pain.
So, here are 10 ways to relieve your period cramps-
Over-the-counter pain medications such as ibuprofen and naproxen can provide relief. Ibuprofen is effective in lowering prostaglandins (hormones responsible for menstrual cramps). But you need to take the medicine 3-4 days before your periods start.
This may surprise you, but birth control pills can also reduce pain. Besides regulating your periods, they also maintain a steady hormonal level in your body. When hormones aren’t fluctuating, the severity of pain reduces.
Maintaining a healthy diet can provide long-term relief from menstrual cramps. If you have a healthy weight, you would experience lesser pain. Oestrogen is produced by fat cells and abnormal amounts of fat cells can increase its production, and when you have a healthy weight, you can prevent hormonal imbalances.
Drink plenty of water—it not only keeps you hydrated but also keeps your hormones in balance.
Stay away from beverages that contain caffeine, such as coffees and sodas. Caffeine is inflammatory in nature, and it will only worsen your pain.
Yes, moving too much during periods sounds crazy, but exercising can reduce your pain! If you exercise regularly, your stress levels reduce (too much stress worsens pain) and your body releases endorphins, which will lessen the pain considerably.
Cramps are stubborn, and sometimes all the preventive measures fail. At times like these, heat is your best friend. Whether it is a heating bag on your abdomen or a nice, warm bath, heat can reduce your pain and make you feel comfortable.
Sometimes, magnesium deficiency can trigger pain and make your life difficult. Do consume plenty of magnesium-rich foods such as dark leafy vegetables, bananas, yoghurt, nuts, fish, whole grains, etc.
Sweet or salty cravings are common during periods. But you need to stay far away from all kinds of processed foods, because they will only cause more pain.
Yoga is an excellent remedy for menstrual cramping. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My wife is 43 years old she is heart patient and taking ditide tab, now she is not getting menses Utrual cycle from last two months. We checked through I can pregnancy test it was negative with one bar. What to do? I am scared.
I know GENITAL HERPES is a recurrent and transmitting disease. But I recently married two months back at late age (36) so I need kids at the earliest so I cannot practice safe sex with my wife and whenever there are no outbreaks I am doing intercourse. 1).in this case (absence of outbreaks) any chances of transmitting the disease? 2).or is there any way that my semen should go into her without intercourse so that semen should go in and make her pregnant?
Hi, I am 20 years old female taking krimson 35 (cyproterone acetate and ethiny estradiol tabs) for treating my hirsutism. I am on my 16th day cycle. I have been getting light brown vaginal discharge for past 3 days and dark brown clots for a day. I am really panicked help me.
I have marriege in month of May 2015 & we trying for baby .. still we both not visited the doctor yet ........... can you pls help me in that
My pregnancy is 5 weeks 4 days and today scanning is done. Dr. find a cl cyst in right ovary. Is it normal or anything serious. And what should we do?
Pain in the joints continues to bug mankind till this very day. There are different types of joint pains, which might occur all of a sudden, with no signs of receding. The most common of them all are arthritis, tennis elbow, frozen shoulder, back pain and repetitive muscular strain. These joint pains are sometimes impossible to diagnose properly by the regular modes of diagnosis. In those cases, resorting to the homeopathic mode of medication might be a good idea as it is a medication based on treating the actual cause of the disease and sustained use might result in complete remission of the pain.
Some commonly used homeopathic medications for pain in the joints are as follows:
- Rhus Tox: This is the most commonly used in homeopathic preparation for severe joint pains, the symptoms of which include severe pain after relaxation, pain triggered by slightly wet weather and pain after walking or running for a long time.
- Arnica Montana: When the symptoms are pain in every joint of the body resulting in body aches and pertaining injuries due to accidents, Arnica Montana serves as the perfect medication.
- Actea Spicata: This medicine is primarily used as a remedy for pains in the small joints of the hands. The symptoms for which the medication can be implemented are rheumatoid arthritis in the joints of the finger and swollen wrists after usage of the hand.
- Colchium: This medicine can be used in case of Rheumatoid Arthritis (inflammatory and chronic form of arthritis).
- Bryonia Alba: This medication can work wonders if the symptoms include severe pain in the knee joints while walking, severe swollen joints and osteoarthritis (affects the flexible tissues present at the bone ends).
However, it is always advisable to take medication as prescribed by your doctor, as the potency and frequency can only be decided by your doctor.