Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anamika Kawatra
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anamika KawatraYour feedback matters!
I am close to 33 years old female and I have history of hypothyroidism since 6 years. I conceived naturally in two months of marriage and my son was born in April 2014. I was nursing my baby till August 2016. First 14 months I didn't get periods. Went to gynaec. She gave me tablet regestrone to get period. After that also my periods didn't get regular. After 21 months (Jan 2016) of delivering a baby I was diagnosed with several immature follicles in both my ovaries and usg said I have PCOS and I have put on 9 Kgs weight and now I weight 75 kgs and I am 5.2 in height. First 4 months I took tablet Krimson 35 and then gynaec gave me tablet Bestova 100 and metformin hcl 1000 mg. And from second cycle onwards she gave bestova 150 mg and metformin hcl 1000 mg. The follicular study showed that I ovulated for the first 4 cycle but didn't conceive. Fifth cycle the doctor gave me bestova 100 mg and Emee 75 mg shot where I didn't ovulate. My weight is not getting reduced inspite of diet and mild exercise. Does this means that I won't be able to conceive naturally or with clomifene citrate. Or is there any other alternatives to conceive?
Hi, Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex on 28 September at 3 pm and she took unwanted 72 on 29 September at 10 am then on 1st oct she was hungry like anything and had some oily food. And she had abdominal pain and loose motion .we thought its food positioning and she took some medicines but till today 6th oct she had not recover. Every 10/15 min she felt a abdominal pain and need to go to the bathroom. Why? is it for unwanted 72.?
I am male. My name is RINALDO. My age is 28 years. I am married since 9 months. From 7 months we are trying to have baby. Recently my wife was diagnosed with 2 cyst in her left ovary of 4.5 cm amd 2.3 cm each. She taking Novelon tablet as per doctors prescription. After this course of one month medicine our doctor told to take sonography and if still cyst is there then go for laparoscopy. Meanwhile I was asked by Doctor to do semen analysis for myself. And my semen analysis report is as follows: 1. Volume: 4 ml 2. Appearance: opaque white 3. liquefaction time: 30 mins 4. Viscosity: viscous. 5. Fructose test: positive 6. PH: Alkaline 7. Sperm count: 96 million/no 8. % motility after liquefaction: active-60%, sluggish-30%,immotile: 10%. After 3 hours: active - 40%, sluggish-30%, immotile-30%. 9. Average grade of motility: IV 10. Abnormal forms (200 spermatozoa): 15% 11. Pus cells: 2-5/ God seen 12. RBC's: occasional seen 13. Epithelial cells: 0-2/hpf seen Misc. Findings: NIL Sperm agglutination : Nil. Kindly clarify on my sperm analysis. Can I become a father? Am I having an infection? And how can my wife's problem be solved? AND when can we plan for a baby? Thank you.
Hey, I am 16 years old, Me and my partner had unprotected sex. After which I took ipill within 12 hr. Also I had vomiting on 4th or 5th day and now on 6th day I am having vaginal bleeding which is dark brown in colour. Is it another symptom of ipill or am I pregnant. And for how many days will this bleeding last?
My wife is having white vaginal discharge since last couple of months. Its white n milky gel type. Some odur also. She have itching too. Had consulted one gynecologist earlier. Prescribed some medicines. But it did not work. Pls prescribe some medicines.
I have taken deviry 2.5 mg before a week. Still I haven't get periods. How many days it will take to get periods?
There is a prevalent misconception that gynecologists are for women what urologists are for men. But urologists also deal with certain women-related health issues. These include overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, and urinary incontinence.
Following are the 5 points which every female should know:
- Women sometimes pee in their pants too: A majority of the female population between 40 and 60 suffer from either stress incontinence (when you cough, sneeze or laugh) or urgency incontinence (leaking when you want to go badly). Urologists want you to know that there are less invasive options and medications available to treat this problem.
- Recognize pelvic organ prolapse: This condition is defined by a bit of bladder, rectal, or uterine tissue bulging into your vagina. An urologist can provide non invasive options to deal with this.
- Age related factors affect both men and women: Right around the time when menopause and andropause strike, changing hormone levels affect the pelvic floor, bladder, urethra and vagina in women causing problems like urinary tract infection and incontinence. These conditions are effectively treated by an urologist who can also probe for underlying conditions like kidney stone, polyp, or tumor in severe cases.
- An overactive bladder is more common than you think: Around 40% women have to hit the bathroom every hour or so owing to this. Simple lifestyle changes like lowering the intake of caffeine and alcohol, in combination with pelvic floor exercises can solve the problem.
- Pelvic pain: If it is not gynecology then it is urology. A general pain in the pelvic region triggers a visit to the gynecologist first for most women.From menstrual cramps to ovarian cysts, all of this may well be taken care of by your gynecologist too. But when the usual culprits are not the cause for your discomfort, it's time you get the urology aspect examined thoroughly too.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Bankart's lesion is condition of the shoulder joint, which is characterized by the tearing of the labrum (cartilage) from the shoulder socket called the glenoid fossa. In order to understand this, you need to understand the anatomy of the shoulder joint.
The glenohumeral joint is the portion of the shoulder where the tip of the upper arm (humerus) attaches itself to the scapula. The specific area of the scapula where the humerus is attached is known as the glenoid cavity. The labrum is a soft tissue that runs along the glenoid, its function being to stabilize the ball of the joint in the shoulder socket. It facilitates movement of the arm by ensuring congruence between the glenoid and the humerus bone.
The symptoms of Bankart's lesion are:
- You may experience popping or clicking sounds in the shoulder joint
- Any overhead movement may cause pain
- You may experience sudden pain during the night
- Decreases range of motions, leading to impaired functioning of the arm
- Unstable shoulders
- The shoulders may become weak
The causes which may lead to a Bankart's lesion:
- If your arms are outstretched during a fall
- In case you experience a direct blow on your shoulder
- Lifting heavy objects or a sudden pull
- Performing overhead activities repetitively such as fast bowling with a straight arm action in cricket
Treatment for Bankart's lesion:
The condition is treated after the doctor performs a thorough diagnosis of the symptoms. Once the symptoms are diagnosed, anti-inflammatory medications are prescribed for pain relief. Hot or cold compresses may also be applied on the affected area to ease the pain. In severe cases, arthroscopic surgery is done to treat the condition.
Rehabilitation involves performing various external rotation exercises to strengthen the rotator cuff joint. Various stretches may be prescribed as well to improve the mobility and flexibility of the shoulder joint. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!