Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amrita Sharma
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amrita SharmaYour feedback matters!
A home-Adie pupil Any new information about dry eyes? Blocked nose and eyes ? what can I do? Can anything be done about my droopy eyelid? Can anything help with puffy eyes? Corneal dystrophy Has my grandson got glaucoma? Help for meibomian.
Doctor please let me know why it is said to eat egg without yolk (yellow) means white only. Also let me know the benefits of both white and yellow part of egg. Does eating egg omelet also beneficial or only boiled egg helpful.
I am suffering from night teeth I am done root canal and fixed a cap for that means front teeth are broken I want to fix a cap. Is it possible?
I am getting leg pain so much I did iui treatment on saturday today I have 6 th day nd period date is on 2 why I get leg pain.
My mother having an thyroid problem which type of treatment should take for it and what to does or what to not in this case.
Rubbery cushions (discs) between the bones (vertebrae) stack up to form the spine. When a nerve between the disc and vertebrae is pressed and inflamed, that condition is called herniated disc. The herniated disc is also referred to as the ruptured disc or the slipped disc. This is caused when the soft jelly is pushed out due to a tear in the exterior. Herniated discs can lead to an irritation of the nerves and result in tremendous pain. It may also cause the arms and legs to become numb and weak. However, some people suffering from this condition may not display any symptoms at all.
Herniated disc generally occur in the lower part of the vertebral column. The herniated disc may also be seen in the thoracic spine or cervical spine. The symptoms of a herniated disc include pain in the legs, feet, or the buttocks, pain in the shoulder blade, tingling of the feet, numbness of the feet and hands, muscle weakness, neck pain or muscle spasm in the neck. Most common causes of herniated discs are aging, excessive weight or lifting of heavy weight.
Prevention of herniated disc
- Herniated discs are very commonly found in people who are aged between 35 or 55 years. They are seen more commonly in the men in comparison to the women.
- A herniated disc cannot be prevented easily, but there certain things that you can do to reduce the risks. Maintaining the proper techniques of lifting is important. You should not be bending at your waist. You should always bend the knees and keep the back straight. This helps you to use your leg muscles which are very strong to support the weight.
- As the saying goes, precaution is better than cure, so here are few precautions that can be taken to avoid herniated discs. Practicing a proper posture can help in reducing the risk of a herniated disc. It is extremely important for an individual to maintain a healthy posture while standing, sitting, walking, and even sleeping. It is imperative that you stretch your muscles when you are sitting in one position for a long time.
- Another important thing to avoid is high-heeled shoes, as they are few of the most common causes of a herniated disc. It would be a good idea to go for flat and well cushioned comfortable footwear as they can go a long way in reducing the risk of the herniated disc.
- Exercising regularly can go a long way in keeping the muscles of the legs, stomach, and back very strong. You should try to balance your flexibility and strength by exercising regularly. The best form of exercise to avoid herniated disc or ruptured disc is aerobic exercise.
- It is true that as you start to age, the chances of getting a herniated disc increase significantly. However, if proper precautions are taken, the stress put on the spine can be effectively reduced, thereby eliminating the risk of a herniated disc. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Is my microwave emitting death rays? Is bird flu still a threat? I do yoga, but should I also be lifting weights? Please advice about my doubts
Hello Doctor, 1, I've a habit of masturbating on everyday basis. I tried to reduce it but I'm unable to do it. Please provide some valuable feedback/suggestion on this issue which i'm facing now. 2, I'm always very shy to talk to opposite sex and if i'm on that situation means that I'm little tensed, sweating. Etc. Please provide a solution for the above problem (s). Thanks in advance.
Cashew nuts or Kajus as we know them in India are widely loved and used in almost every course of food, from starters and snacks to the main course to dessert. Apart from being a delectable food, it also has numerous health benefits. Few of them are:
- When compared to other nuts, they contain low fat content which is in the form of oleic acid. Oleic acid is good for the heart. Cashews also happen to be free of cholesterol and have anti-oxidants which help keep the heart healthy.
- Magnesium present in the cashews helps them to prevent the rise in blood pressure.
- One major benefit of cashew nuts is that they help fight cancer. They have high copper content and also have flavonoids called proanthocyanidins which help fight cancer cells in colon cancer.
- The copper in cashews helps in maintaining the right color of the hair.
- Cashews have magnesium and calcium, both of which are important for bone health.
- The magnesium in cashews ensures that there is enough magnesium on the bones' surface and calcium cannot enter the nerve cells, thus ensuring healthy nerves.
- Cashews have selenium, magnesium, and copper which all act as antioxidants.
- They help in growth, digestion, and development of the body.
- Despite being considered fatty, cashews have good cholesterol. Despite popular belief, it is good to eat cashew at least once or twice a week.
- The risk of developing gallstones reduces by one-fourth, with a daily intake of cashew nuts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.