Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Elbow Pain
Treatment of Pain in Ribs
Treatment of Spondylitis
Treatment of Strains
Treatment of Slip Disc
Submit a review for Dr. (Prof) Amite Pankaj AggarwalYour feedback matters!
It is considered as the medical speciality, which caters to injuries and various diseases in the musculoskeletal system of the human body. This constitutes the joints, bones, tendons, nerves and muscles that enables a human being to move, be active and work. Orthopaedic surgeons perform special problems like diagnosis of the injury or disorder, treatment with right medication, rehabilitation that is by prescribing exercises and physical therapy in order to restore back movement, function and strength and finally prevention by providing information and plans of treatment to prevent the injury or reduce the progression of the disease.
Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP)
PRP is the next generation injection method which is used commonly for conditions like knee, hip, shoulder and spine osteoarthritis, cuff tears, ACL injuries, pelvic instability, tennis elbow, back and neck injuries, ankle sprains, ligament sprains and tendinitis. It includes higher blood rate platelet concentrations and the patient experiences fewer chances of inflammatory side effects due to its pure PRP mixture.
How does it heal the body?
- The human body at first responds to the soft tissues injury which is to have the platelet cells.
- They are packed with healing factors that initiate repair and also attract critical assistance of the stem cells.
- The process intensifies the human body’s efforts which directly delivers a higher platelet concentration into the area of need.
- To create the PRP, a small section of the patient’s blood is drawn and it is placed into centrifuge which spins blood at a higher speed and separates the platelets from the components.
- It is injected into and at around the mark of injury and it significantly strengthens the process of healing.
- Just because the patient’s own blood is used in the process there is no risk of transmissible infection and also has less chance of allergic reaction.
- The procedure takes a couple of hours inclusive of the recovery and preparation time. It offers instant recovery as well avoids a long stay in the hospitals and application of anesthesia.
Outcome of PRP?
As the goal of PRP therapy is just to resolve pain by healing, it can prove to have long-lasting results. Initially, improvements are seen within few weeks eventually increases with the healing progress. The research studies have shown that PRP therapy is safe and effective and enables the patient to get back to their normal daily routine.
The PRP is very rich in platelets and it is a very old therapy that is adopted. It is a simple process and has multiple injections lasting 60-90 minutes and above all, it has natural end results, for example, PRP therapy is applied in hair restoration that provides natural appearing end results. It is a reliable process and therapy.
The knee is one of the biggest and most complex joints in the body. The knee is joined by the thigh bone (femur) to the shinbone (tibia). The little bones that keep running nearby the tibia (fibula) and the kneecap (patella) are alternate bones that make the knee joint. Ligaments associated with the knee-related leg muscles move the knee joint. Tendons join the knee bones and provide help to the knee:
- The foremost tendon keeps the femur from sliding in reverse on the tibia (or the tibia sliding forward on the femur).
- The back tendon keeps the femur from sliding forward on the tibia (or the tibia from sliding in reverse on the femur).
- The average and horizontal tendons keep the femur from sliding side to side.
Some of the most common knee joint conditions are as follows:
- Chondromalacia patella: Irritation of the ligament underneath the kneecap (patella), bringing about knee pain. This is a typical reason for knee pain in youngsters.
- Knee osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is the most widely recognized type of joint inflammation and regularly influences the knees. It is caused by maturing and wear and tear of the ligament. Its indications may include knee pain, swelling and stiffness.
- Meniscal tear: Damage to a meniscus, the ligament that supports the knee, regularly happens when the knee is twisted.
- ACL strain or tear: The ACL is in charge of a substantial part of the knee's flexibility. An ACL tear regularly leads to the knee popping out and may require surgical repair.
- PCL strain or tear: PCL tears can bring about pain, swelling, and knee unsteadiness. These wounds are less normal than ACL tears, and exercise based recovery is generally the best alternative.
- Patellar subluxation: The kneecap slides or separates along the thigh bone during movement, causing pain around the knee cap.
- Patellar tendonitis: Inflammation of the ligament related the kneecap (patella) to the shinbone. This happens mostly in competitors from rehashed bouncing.
Some of the most common and effective knee treatments are as follows:
- RICE treatment: Rest, ice, compression and elevation stand for RICE. The RICE treatment is a great solution for some knee conditions.
- Pain medications: Over-the-counter medicines or pain relievers, for example, acetaminophen (Tylenol), ibuprofen (Motrin), and naproxen (Aleve) can treat most knee joint pains.
- Non-intrusive treatment: An exercise routine can strengthen the muscles surrounding the knee, expanding the knee's strength.
- Cortisone infusion: Injecting steroid into the knee that can diminish pain and swelling.
- Hyaluronan infusion: Injection of a “gooey” material into the knee that may diminish pain from the joint and delay the requirement for a knee surgery.
- Knee surgery: Surgery might be done to amend a number of knee conditions. Surgery can supplant or repair a torn tendon, expel a harmed meniscus, or replace a seriously harmed knee.
- Arthroscopic surgery: An endoscope is embedded into the knee joint. Arthroscopic surgery has a shorter recovery and restoration period than open surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!