Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Amitabh YeghuwathiYour feedback matters!
As per doctor reference. Tnt report has and normal report is carried out. After considering report doctor said there is a blockage of veins which relates to heart. Please advice me what to do?
I am 22 year old male and I have problem in breathing sometimes (chest gets heavy and I can't sleep or walk). What should I do? Please suggest.
I'm 31 years old and some time like once in a month I get pain in left side in chest. Whenever I breath it increases with deep breath. Since my gall bladder is removed due to stone, I don't eat much oily food n fast food. Cholesterol test concluded I have balanced level of it, then this pain states what! please guide.
I am 38 years male sometimes my heart pain and my weight above 80 what I do and what to eat & not eat.
Sometimes I miss heart beats and I can feel it. I then become uneasy for a few seconds. aNd feel disoriented. My heart beats too are erratic generally between 90-110 beats a minute what should I do I am 54 and I am a principal.
I have hypothyroidism with high LDL cholesterol. Can exercise help me reduce LDL cholesterol - if yes how much & what type of exercise? Is there any cure for hypothyroidism?
My age is 30.I have more emotionally attach with my husband so when he hurt me at that time i m totally being negative.And i feel that i m so alone and my mind become so stressful at that time i think about suicide or want to go very far from my family.So i want to know is there a problem in my mind? I have BP problem also.And i m under treatment.
I have low blood pressure problem what should I need to do? I feel very cold and weakness in my body.
Hello my age 25 male and height 5.4 weight 66kg last year. I was diagnosed with high bp arround 160/90. Dr. Gives me amcard at. I am taking it half tab daily and my bp goes to normal 118/70. But I am feeling now tired. Racing and pounding heart beat. Restless some time. So what to do. Should I stop one of drug amlodipine or atenolol.
I'm suffering four cold attack full chest pain so many cough split every time give me best medicine.
Coronary artery disease, also known as coronary heart disease or CHD, is a kind of disease in which a wax-like substance called plaque, builds up in the coronary arteries.
Function of Coronary Artery
The task of coronary arteries is to supply oxygen rich blood to the heart muscles. When there is the growth of plaque in these arteries, the condition is termed as atherosclerosis. Plaque builds up over the years, and it hardens or ruptures with time. When plaque gets hardened, it narrows the coronary arteries and thus disrupts the flow of oxygen-rich blood to the heart muscles causing coronary heart diseases. Millions of people are diagnosed with heart diseases, nowadays.
Though it is true that living with a heart disease is not easy, it is not impossible either. Many people are successfully leading a happy life in spite of having such diseases. With some major changes in your lifestyle, food habits and with the help of exercises and a healthy diet, it is possible to enjoy a happy life, irrespective of your diseases.
Here are six ways that would help you to lead a better life, even if you have been diagnosed with coronary artery disease.
- Lifestyle changes: This is the first point that needs to be kept in mind if you are a CAD patient. Lifestyle changes are essential to make for a better health and life. Smoking and drinking have to be given up completely. It is advised to avoid secondary smoke, as much as possible.
- Exercises: This is the next important activity that needs to be a part of your daily routine to lead a healthy life. Consult with a doctor about the types of exercise that would suit your conditions. Some common exercises that would help are walking, jogging, and swimming, for at least 30 minutes at the most. Choose whichever activity you like doing. The motive of exercises is to get your heart-rate up.
- A Heart healthy diet: Get a chart prepared for your diet by a dietitian or by your doctor. This will keep your disease from getting worse. Stick to a heart-healthy eating plan, which consists of foods that can lower your risk of heart attack, stroke, etc. Include more fruits, vegetables, and other high fibre foods in your daily diet. Go for foods that are low in saturated fats, trans-fats, and cholesterol. Try to include fish into your diet.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight or obese aggravates any disease. So it is important to keep your body weight perfect.
- Taking medicines as prescribed: It is important to take medicines regularly and as prescribed by the physician.
- Keeping tensions, anxiety to a minimum: These will make the situation worse if you are CAD patient. So try to keep tension and anxiety away and lead a healthy life.