Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amita Wadhwa
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amita WadhwaYour feedback matters!
My wife time period's irregular after every 15 days. Our marriage time for 2 years complete We are planning for pregnancy So need your help. How planning to next step?
Does vagina is tight during menses does vagina becomes tight during menses as I have feel too much pain during menses.
Hello doctors, I'm 27 years old using a copper loop as contraceptive, we moved to London last year. I'm getting my periods once in 2 months, or if I get monthly there is either a overflow of discharge, or the discharge doesn't stop till 20 days or more. For few months I went back to India then my periods were regular and normal. I came back and the problem again started. I got my date on 10th of this month's the discharge didn't stop still. There is no heavy flow but still.
Most of the time, vaginal discharge is perfectly normal. The amount can vary, as can odor and hue (its color can range from clear to a milky white-ish), depending on the time in your menstrual cycle. For example, there will be more discharge if you are ovulating, breastfeeding, or are sexually aroused. The smell may be different if you are pregnant or you haven't been diligent about your personal hygiene.
None of those changes is cause for alarm.
Any sudden change to your discharge may indicate a vaginal infection. You should be aware of how your discharge naturally varies throughout your cycle and what isn't normal, but obvious warning signs of infection are:
• a change in colour or consistency
• a sudden bad smell
• an unusually large amount of discharge
• another symptom alongside the discharge, such as itching outside your vagina or pain in your pelvis or tummy
• unexpected bleeding from the vagina
What causes abnormal discharge?
Any change in the vagina's balance of normal bacteria can affect the smell, color, or discharge texture. These are a few of the things that can upset that balance:
• Bacterial vaginosis, a bacterial infection more common in pregnant women or women who have multiple sexual partners
• Chlamydia or gonorrhea (STDs), sexually transmitted infections
• Pelvic infection after surgery
• Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
• Trichomoniasis, a parasitic infection typically contracted and caused by having unprotected sex
• Vaginitis, irritation in or around the vagina
• Yeast infections
• Antibiotic or steroid use
• Birth control pills
• Douches, scented soaps or lotions, bubble bath
• Vaginal atrophy, the thinning and drying out of the vaginal walls during menopause
• Cervical cancer
How you are treated will depend on what’s causing the problem
Here are some tips for preventing vaginal infections that can lead to abnormal discharge:
• Keep the vagina clean by washing regularly with a gentle, mild soap and warm water. One can use vaginal wash available in market.
• Never use scented soaps and feminine products or douche. Also avoid feminine sprays and bubble baths.
• Wear cotton underpants, and avoid overly tight clothing.
• After going to the bathroom, always wipe from front to back to prevent bacteria from getting into the vagina and causing an infection.
• Avoid vaginal douching unless recommended by doctor.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta
#drjyotsnagupta #gynecologist #healthtips #womenshealth
Infertility in males is caused by various factors, the main factor is oligospermia or azoospermia which means that the patient is not having enough number of sperms in the body or the patient is not able to manufacture any sperms in the body, it can be caused by severe stress or if that patient is smoking or chain smoker or the patient is drinking too much or he is having problems with carbohydrates, proteins or vitamins.
This can be treated by taking proper medication and we at best doctors in Delhi recommend patients to improve lifestyle, do exercise, walk for 45 minutes in early morning and take proper diet so that the problem is treated from base root level.
Maximum number of infertile couples are having problem in males not in females, it is because when the male is not able to give good quality sperm for fertilization how then the pregnancy will take place.
So in order to treat male infertility it is important to visit Dr. Vinod Raina best sexologist in Delhi personally and the problem will be solved, you can call Dr. Vinod Raina top sexologist in India on 9871605858.
All of us lead extremely busy lives and amidst all this chaos, we tend to indulge in certain detrimental habits which drastically drain our physical and mental energy levels. So if you are constantly feeling down-and-out, make sure to steer clear from these seven troublesome habits.
1) Not drinking enough water - Loss of water is closely associated with thickening of blood which greatly decreases the rate of oxygen exchange, ultimately leading to low energy levels.
2) Using electronic devices at bedtime - According to research, exposure to any light-emitting technology at bedtime has an adverse effect on your sleep pattern and does not give adequate rest to the brain.
3) Iron-deficient diet - If your body lacks adequate amount of iron, you are bound to experience weakness, lack of concentration, sluggishness and mood variations. Make sure to include iron-rich products in your diet such as green leafy vegetables, eggs, red meat etc.
4) Entertaining negative thoughts - People who constantly focus on the negative aspects of life have been found to have lower energy levels than the ones with a positive outlook. Prolonged negative thinking can also spark early dementia.
5) Skipping breakfast - Breakfast is certainly the most important meal of the day. Your body burns calories even when you are sleeping and thus after you wake up from a long night’s sleep, it is the right time to refuel your body and fill it up with nutrients for the entire day. Therefore, do not miss your breakfast at any cost.
6) Excessive consumption of junk food - Regular consumption of food products rich in trans fats, refined sugar and starchy carbohydrates leads to a sudden rise in blood sugar which is followed by a sugar crash, eventually leading to extreme fatigue.
7) Living in a cluttered environment - Research has proved that working in a cluttered environment leads to reduced functioning of the brain and poor concentration. It is also known to hamper the information processing capability of the brain, leading to a feeling of lethargy and sluggishness.
If you have any further questions, ask me by clicking on 'consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media