Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amita Tuteja
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amita TutejaYour feedback matters!
Is there any cure for loose vagina. I feel that after the birth of my second child the grip is missing during sex. Both my kids born healthy 8 n 7 pounds, both normal delivery, during second birth no stitches were given. Im doing kegel exercise, not regularly. Should I go for surgery. Also im slightly overwt now.
Dilation and curettage is a surgical procedure where the cervix (the lower part of uterus) is dilated and tissues are removed from the inside of the uterus. The procedure is usually done to treat heavy menstrual bleeding or clean the lining of the uterus after an abortion or miscarriage.
During the procedure, the cervix is dilated with medication and a thin surgical instrument is inserted through the vagina. This instrument is then used to scrape (curettage) the uterine tissues.
Reasons for Conducting the Procedure
Dilation and curettage is mostly done to either treat or diagnose certain uterine disorders. Dilation and curettage is recommended if your doctor needs to diagnose conditions such as:
1. Irregular uterine bleeding
2. Postmenopausal bleeding
3. Discovery of unnatural endometrial cells while conducting a common test for cervical cancer
Sometimes, the doctor can take a sample tissue from the uterus and perform tests on it to check for the following conditions:
1. Uterine cancer
2. Uterine polyps (abnormal tissue growth)
3. Endometrial hyperplasia (precancerous thickening of the uterine lining)
Dilation and curettage, when used for therapeutic purposes, is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
1. To clear away molar pregnancy; which is characterized by formation of tumours.
2. To treat heavy bleeding after childbirth; any remaining placenta in the uterus is removed.
3. To remove benign uterine or cervical polyps.
4. To clear away fibroids (benign tumours which form on the uterine wall)
5. To remove any tissue that could have been left behind after an abortion or miscarriage to prevent heavy bleeding or infection
What needs to be considered before opting for it?
The procedure of dilation and curettage is mostly safe. Complications from this procedure are rare, but some factors should always be taken care off.
1. The surgical instrument can perforate or poke a hole in the uterus. Sometimes, perforations can heal on their own; but if any organ or blood vessel gets damaged, then another surgery will be required.
2. The cervix can be damaged during the procedure. The doctor can stitch the wound close, or apply pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding.
3. Sometimes, there might be scar tissues on the wall of the uterus. This can cause irregular, painful or absent menstrual cycles, augment risks of infertility and future miscarriages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
आज कल हमारी दिनचर्या हमारे खान -पान से गठिया का रोग 45 -50 वर्ष के बाद बहुत से लोगो में पाया जा रहा है । गठिया में हमारे शरीर के जोडों में दर्द होता है, गठिया के पीछे यूरिक एसीड की बड़ी भूमिका रहती है। इसमें हमारे शरीर मे यूरिक एसीड की मात्रा बढ जाती है। यूरिक एसीड के कण घुटनों व अन्य जोडों में जमा हो जाते हैं। जोडों में दर्द से रोगी का बुरा हाल रहता है। इस रोग में रात को जोडों का दर्द बढता है और सुबह अकडन मेहसूस होती है। इसकी पहचान होने पर इसका जल्दी ही इलाज करना चाहिए अन्यथा जोडों को बड़ा नुकसान हो सकता है।हम यहाँ पर गठिया के अचूक घरेलू उपाय बता रहे है.......
*सुबह के समय सूर्य नमस्कार और प्राणायाम करने से भी जोड़ों के दर्द से स्थाई रूप से छुटकारा मिलता है।
*गठिया के रोगी 4-6 लीटर पानी पीने की आदत डालें। इससे ज्यादा पेशाब होगा और अधिक से अधिक विजातीय पदार्थ और यूरिक एसीड बाहर निकलते रहेंगे।
*एक बड़ा चम्मच सरसों के तेल में लहसुन की 3-4 कुली पीसकर डाल दें, इसे इतना गरम करें कि लहसुन भली प्रकार पक जाए, फिर इसे आच से उतारकर मामूली गरम हालत में इससे जोड़ों की मालिश करने से दर्द में तुरंत राहत मिल जाती है।
*प्रतिदिन नारियल की गिरी के सेवन से भी जोड़ो को ताकत मिलती है।
*काली मिर्च को तिल के तेल में जलने तक गर्म करें। उसके बाद ठंडा होने पर उस तेल को मांसपेशियों पर लगाएं, दर्द में तुरंत आराम मिलेगा।
*गाजर को पीस कर इसमें थोड़ा सा नीम्बू का रस मिलाकर रोजाना सेवन करें । यह जोड़ो के लिगामेंट्स का पोषण कर दर्द से राहत दिलाता है।
*गठिया रोगी को अपनी क्षमतानुसार हल्का व्यायाम अवश्य ही करना चाहिए क्योंकि इनके लिये अधिक परिश्रम करना या अधिक बैठे रहना दोनों ही नुकसान दायक हैं।
*सौंठ का एक चम्मच पावडर का नित्य सेवन गठिया में बहुत लाभप्रद है।
*गठिया रोग में हरी साग सब्जी का इस्तेमाल बेहद फ़ायदेमंद रहता है। पत्तेदार सब्जियो का रस भी बहुत लाभदायक रहता है।
My wife is pregnant and the child upside down Satwa month running keeps me always seem to teeth during operation of the rate seems to be no problem, then NEI.
I have 7th month of pregnancy. I am suffering from swelling on feet. So what should I do. please answer. Thanks.
We all believe that consuming fruit is an uncomplicated task that involves buying, cutting and eating the pieces. But in reality, to reap the benefits, you need to consume it at the right time. By consuming fruits at the right time, it can contribute to boost the detoxification process and help in weight loss and kick-start the metabolism process.
When is the best time to eat fruits?
Fruits comprise of different types of nutrients which offer protection against different types of diseases and infections, lower the chances of heart diseases and hypertension. If you eat fruits without proper knowledge of how to consume it, it can create problems rather than offer benefits. You should, therefore, try to eat fruits at the following timings.
- Empty stomach in the morning: Experts always recommend consumption of fruits on an empty stomach and in between meals. This is because digestion takes place at a fast pace during these times and the enzymes required for digestion of fruits are released easily when you are on an empty stomach. Fruits are high in simple sugars which need long hours to be completely digested by the body. Thus, if you eat fruits on an empty stomach, all the nutrients, sugar and dietary fibers are processed properly in the body. This ensures that your body gets the right quantity of nutrition from the consumption of fruits.
- Before and after workout: Another viable time of eating fruits is before or after exercising. You are free to eat your choicest fruits right before or immediately after working out. The body would easily utilize the sugars derived from the fruits for extracting energy before a workout. It also helps in filling back the energy content of the body if you consume fruits right after workout sessions.
Eating fruits is a simple process which is known for offering a host of benefits. But there are also numerous myths regarding the timing of consumption of fruits which need to be debunked. One such myth is that if you are suffering from high blood sugar, you should consume fruits at least one to two hours before meals. The idea behind the myth is that people with diabetes have digestive issues and eating fruits separately can improve digestion to some degree. But there is no supportive evidence for the statement.
So, it is advised to eat the fruit as a snack together with protein-packed meals which can aid in digestion. This is also beneficial as smaller amounts of sugar gets absorbed at a time which leads to the meagre amount of rising in blood sugar levels. With these few factors in mind, you can get the most out of your daily fruits consumption. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is often used to kick start a slow stomach. Though acidic in nature, it also has an alkalizing effect that helps settle indigestion.
Add one tablespoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar to a cup of water.Mix in one teaspoon of raw honey.Drink this solution two to three times a day for quick relief.
2. Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds can be really helpful for indigestion caused by very spicy or fatty food. Fennel seeds contain volatile oils that can help reduce nausea and control flatulence.
Dry roast, grind, and sieve fennel seeds. Take half a teaspoon of this powder along with water. Follow this remedy twice daily.Alternatively, you can drink fennel tea, made by steeping two teaspoons of crushed fennel seeds in a cup of hot water.Another option is to simply chew a spoonful of fennel seeds for symptom relief.
Ginger stimulates digestive juices and the flow of enzymes that help you digest your food. This makes ginger an effective remedy for indigestion, especially when it is caused by overeating.
In fact, as a preventive measure, you can sprinkle salt on some fresh ginger slices and chew it thoroughly after eating a heavy meal.
Take two teaspoons of ginger juice, one teaspoon of lemon juice, and a pinch of table salt and black salt. Mix the ingredients thoroughly and consume it with or without water, whatever suits you.Another option is to add two teaspoons of ginger juice and one teaspoon of honey to a cup of warm water and drink it.You can also drink homemade ginger tea to get relief from bloating, cramps, gas and stomach aches. To make ginger tea, boil one teaspoon of grated ginger in a cup of water for 5 to 10 minutes.Adding ginger as a spice in your recipes can also help if you are suffering from indigestion.
4. Baking Soda
Indigestion often happens due to high levels of stomach acids. Baking soda is one of the most simple and effective treatments for this problem because it acts like an antacid.
Stir one-half teaspoon of baking soda into half a glass of water. Drink this solution to neutralize the acid in your stomach and give your relief from bloating.
5. Carom Seeds
Carom seeds, also known as Bishop’s weed or ajwain, have digestive and carminative properties that help treat indigestion, flatulence and diarrhea.
Grind together some carom seeds and dried ginger into a fine powder. Add one teaspoon of this powder and a little black pepper to a cup of warm water and drink it. Do this once or twice a day.Simply eating one-half teaspoon of carom seeds can also provide relief from indigestion.
6. Herbal Tea
Drinking herbal tea after eating a heavy meal can greatly reduce indigestion. Dip your favorite herbal tea bag into a hot cup of water and cover it for five minutes. Drink it while it is still warm.
Peppermint tea and chamomile tea, in particular, help calm your stomach and relieve digestive problems.